• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chococat

Haha half the time I'm following this shit I'm convinced I'm the next Alec Jones. Shit's insane

I can understand why conspiracies are appealing, though. Who doesn't want this to all be real?

I don't want it to be real for how it will fuck up the country for years to come.

But I definitely want it to be taken care of cause it is too important to be ignored. Definitely on team investigate.

jstripes

Banned
Legit, this has already gone MUCH further than I expected it to. Regardless of the outcome of this investigation there is an enormous dark cloud over Trump's presidency and he will be watched like a hawk by everyone.
I expected it would go pretty far. It's just going a lot quicker than I expected. They probably want to get some momentum on it before inauguration, in case Trump tries to drop a roadblock.

I think they might crack if they've been up to no good. Give them an olive branch on the side and it may blow the lid off. What side do they want to be on. Wouldn't you be worrying soon if you were on the Trump team.
Loyalty has its limits in circles like Trump's. Unless Putin is breathing over their shoulders, give them a solid threat and a way out of it and they'll sell each other out to save their own ass.

mAcOdIn

And honestly, I would bet a majority of conspiracy theorists are right wing/Republican/Trump supporters.

This is just going by my experience on the major sites and as a listener of shows like Coast To COast with Art Bell (who is an avid Trump supporter).
But Art Bell hasn't done Coast to Coast in years, But yeah, I'd also say more conspiracy theorists are conservatives than not.

Nafai1123

Banned
Opening up his taxes to public scrutiny can easily show that he's been blatantly lying about conflicts of interest across the world, not just in Russia. Supposedly he has serious conflicts of interest in China that haven't even been discussed.

CoolOff

The Logan Act?

200.gif

How would tax returns sink him, surely you don't put your dodgy deals in them and keep them off the books.

Because if his tax returns go public, you have millions of people who will see them, and SOMEONE will find parts where he is lying.

You know what they say: "Follow the money".

Eh, anonymous info dumps can also be useful (if much harder to prove); I'm not expecting people to come forward immediately but whistleblowing treason has to come with protections, right? That's a whole other level

Protections from who? The GOP won't protect you, and they control every level of government and the majority of state legislatures. So who? They don't care about the law or the constitution, so...

Ac30

I don't want it to be real for how it will fuck up the country for years to come.

But I definitely want it to be taken care of cause it is too important to be ignored. Definitely on team investigate.

I have faith your country will emerge stronger, though. Most people do hate the man, and this is a chance for your country to fight for it's morals.

And fuck me, your country (and the planet) might not survive 4 years of Trump.

Mully

Hmm pretty good way of thinking about things. But a friend from Canada was in my town yesterday and I was talking about all of this Russia news. While talking I kept on thinking, "Man this shit sounds too crazy to believe."
With
I'm not chastising you, but this shit actually sounds crazy.

I expected it would go pretty far. It's just going a lot quicker than I expected. They probably want to get some momentum on it before inauguration, in case Trump tries to drop a roadblock.

Loyalty has its limits in circles like Trump's. Unless Putin is breathing over their shoulders, give them a solid threat and a way out of it and they'll sell each other out to save their own ass.

Hell, go look back at how quickly Roger Stone tried to backpedal after he claimed to have ties to Wikileaks.

Here are the people that will be questioned:

- Rudy Giuliani
- Roger Stone
- Carter Page
- Paul Manafort
- Michael Flynn
- Corey Lewandoski
- Boris Epshteyn
- Michael Cohen
- Donald Trump

Someone's gonna break under pressure.

jelly

If there are state sponsored Russian deals they don't have to be dodgy, and likely wouldn't sink him, but it would further the conflicts of interest problems and further put a Russian stink all over his presidency.

Oh right and that would another lie on his part too.

But Art Bell hasn't done Coast to Coast in years, But yeah, I'd also say more conspiracy theorists are conservatives than not.

No he hasn't, but he had his little show Midnight In The Desert; many of his listeners still tune in to Coast to Coast, etc...Just saying, that scene is predominantly right-leaning.

You mean George Noory? Noory is a crackpot.

History probably didn't unfold as we've been told countless times by those in power nor the conspiracy theorists...they are all idiots....especially George Noory.

I mean both really. Art just happens to have a bigger following and I was merely referencing his audience, who gather mainly on another forum where Art used to post frequently.

You are going to need hard proof and its going to need to show up soon before they have a chance to disappear it once they are in full control.

Yep this probably all goes away in 7 days.

I think they might crack if they've been up to no good. Give them an olive branch on the side and it may blow the lid off. What side do they want to be on. Wouldn't you be worrying soon if you were on the Trump team.

Hmm, work for the new president or be on his bad side? Not sure there is much they could do to put fear into people within 7 days.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
CNN is saying this decision was made in the last 24 hours.

They will be looking specifically to find links between Trumps team and Russia or Russian middlemen.

Hell, go look back at how quickly Roger Stone tried to backpedal after he claimed to have ties to Wikileaks.

- Rudy Giuliani
- Roger Stone
- Carter Page
- Paul Manafort
- Michael Flynn
- Corey Lewandoski
- Boris Epshteyn
- Michael Cohen
- Donald Trump

Rudy or Corey gonna be the first to snitch. Flynn probably not, being a military guy. Manafort ain't snitching because he doesn't want his family to come up missing. Cohen maybe, but he's a lawyer so he's only turning over if there is absolutely no way else to save his ass.

- Rudy Giuliani
- Roger Stone
- Carter Page
- Paul Manafort
- Michael Flynn
- Corey Lewandoski
- Boris Epshteyn
- Michael Cohen
- Donald Trump

Would have to be extraordinary to get PE-Trump in. I can see them calling in Trump Jr, over his comments to get him under oath.

One thing about getting his tax returns we'd be able to scrutinize his business. If it's not squeaky clean and he's fuckin workers and communities over you can build resentment in the economically anxious.

I don't understand what Tillerson has to do with this latest stuff (not complaining but just don't know) and I really don't understand this Russian Ambassador / Syria stuff. This is all moving too fast :(

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
I don't understand what Tillerson has to do with this latest stuff (not complaining but just don't know) and I really don't understand this Russian Ambassador / Syria stuff. This is all moving too fast :(

Tillerson has ties with Russia and Putin. It has been a wild ride.

This guy was the writing on the wall. Rubio was killing him on Wednesday. His only answer to everything regarding Russia & Putin was "I need more information"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom