• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh man this is getting interesting, by far the most riveting political scandal of my lifetime.

i really want to see Trump go down. it must happen. and i feel like it will happen, one way or another, before his term is up.

this whole thing.. it's like America is a vital organ of humankind, and is badly infected at the moment, but the antibiotics are about to kick in at any moment. so exciting!

chadskin

The National Enquirer is a propaganda outlet for Trump and they are promoting the upcoming US-Russia alliance by saying it will allow for war against China, Iran, and NK.

>_>

Wouldn't be the first time the Enquirer got something right!

390_thumb_1.jpg

(I also like the two items at the bottom, TREASON: Leaked U.S. intelligence and BRIBERY: $145 Million Russian Payoff. They've got the crimes right, just not who committed them...)

;)

tbm24

I know some people desperately want this to be true but there's so many leaps of logic in this rant it's starting to look like those conspiracy videos

I don't see how else you explain Trump's Putin fetish short of a conspiracy to be honest. There's no way to rationalize this otherwise.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not able to watch this video ATM. What are the logic leaps?

you just have assume everything is real for most of it to make sense

asking why the FBI did nothing with a bunch of unsubstantiated rumours by over emphasising the the source (as if that instantly makes it true) and downplaying Clinton's email scandal (no charges, amirite! see nothing wrong) in the space of about a minute and then explaining how all this put Trump in a position "to basically commit espionage against The United States"

I mean there's nothing here. It's like the definition of "just asking questions" that conspiracy types love to use

you just have assume everything is real for most of it to make sense

asking why the FBI did nothing with a bunch of unsubstantiated rumours by over emphasising the the source (as if that instantly makes it true) and downplaying Clinton's email scandal (no charges, amirite! see nothing wrong) in the space of about a minute and then explaining how all this put Trump in a position "to basically commit espionage against The United States"

.... But there was nothing in the Weiner emails and any person with a brain would have immediately realized that they were all duplicates.

Emails do not differ from computer to computer and the FBI is either completely technologically incapable or intentionally sabotaged Hillary.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
.... But there was nothing in the Weiner emails and any person with a brain would have immediately realized that they were all duplicates.

Emails do not differ from computer to computer and the FBI is either completely technologically incapable or intentionally sabotaged Hillary.

It isn't about that the point is it was included in the rant because it's used to emphasise the perceived impartiality of the decision when in reality they probably did nothing because it was a bunch of crap.

BowieZ

Banned
It isn't about that the point is it was included in the rant because it's used to emphasise the perceived impartiality of the decision when in reality they probably did nothing because it was a bunch of crap.
Now you're just assuming.

Israel has been warned not to give intelligence to Trump's administration. Global spy agencies are investigating the dossier-related intelligence.

That means it's not simply a bunch of crap.

The fact that all the US intelligence agencies among others across the globe are investigating this means that there pretty much has to be something or else they wouldn't bother.

But the Weiner emails were obviously a bunch of crap also.

There was almost no possibility there was ever going to be anything there and the FBI allowed the Republicans to say that Hillary Clinton was under a criminal investigation again.

The FBI could have searched through all those emails for duplicates in a single day (maybe single hour!) before announcing to the public that there may be (a 0.01% chance of) new emails on Weiner's computer that may Lock Her Up.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Now you're just assuming.

Israel has been warned not to give intelligence to Trump's administration. Global spy agencies are investigating the dossier-related intelligence.

That means it's not simply a bunch of crap.

that's true I am assuming, I give you that. My assumption is based on the fact they've been around for months though and everyone from people in the IC to journalists from all over the world have had a go at finding anything and they can't. These people aren't loyal to Trump or the US and if they could they would have destroyed him by now. In my mind these stories shouldn't be taking this seriously because the next time something does happen it will be "remember the piss story though huh huh" and this will become a disinformation campaign. I mean it's been fun and will no doubt stick around in Trump lore just like that time Cameron fucked a pig but I just wouldn't bet anything comes of it.

Make your jokes. But your investigation is already underway, don't you worry.
Our dossier has been filled and spread not only to our mods, but to the mods of other forums and sites.
You
Will
Be
Caught

It sure would be a shame if whoever made that dossier...disappeared

that's true I am assuming, I give you that. My assumption is based on the fact they've been around for months though and everyone from people in the IC to journalists from all over the world have had a go and finding anything and they can't. These people aren't loyal to Trump or the US and if they could they would have destroyed him by now.

More like this shit hit critical mass in record speed once the ball started rolling

BowieZ

Banned
that's true I am assuming, I give you that. My assumption is based on the fact they've been around for months though and everyone from people in the IC to journalists from all over the world have had a go and finding anything and they can't. These people aren't loyal to Trump or the US and if they could they would have destroyed him by now. In my mind these stories shouldn't be taking this seriously because the next time something does happen it will be "remember the piss story though huh huh" and this will becoming a disinformation campaign. I mean it's been fun and will no doubt stick in Trump lore just like that time Cameron fucked a pig but I just wouldn't bet anything comes of it.
Okay you can choose not to bet that, that's great; give Ladbrokes a miss. But once again, you're assuming there is no credible intelligence by saying no IC around the world has come up with anything, whether or not the press has been able to report on it.

And may I remind you, the IC hasn't SAID the dossier is credible, but their actions suggest they believe it to be.

And that's all we know.

I don't see how else you explain Trump's Putin fetish short of a conspiracy to be honest. There's no way to rationalize this otherwise.
It could certainly be just admiration for all of the things Trump hopes to be: corrupt strongman, destroyer of his critics, feared, loved by his zealots, and secretly amassing billions through graft?

Kaiterra

Banned
It could certainly be just admiration for all of the things Trump hopes to be: corrupt strongman, destroyer of his critics, feared, loved by his zealots, and secretly amassing billions through graft?

He does admire Erdogan and Duterte after all.

I'm still leaning heavily towards there being something to this though.

Davide

Talking with a deluded person on Facebook who thinks a Bernie staff member leaked the Clinton e-mails to WikiLeaks. How should I best respond?

Serious answers would be great. :p

They also say this kind of thing has been happening forever, the Democrats "need to get a grip". Terrifying, the attitude. And this person is a right-wing Canadian.
I'm also a Canadian
But honestly, not everyone is worth arguing with, and if they're that far down the rabbit hole that they'd believe that then any proof you give them will probably be brushed off in favor of their fantasy.

The fact that all the US intelligence agencies among others across the globe are investigating this means that there pretty much has to be something or else they wouldn't bother.

Or maybe that's a representation of everyone who likes Trump.

Oh look, it's nobody. Hi nobody! ... and Russia.

Also, access to actual office of Commander in Chief and tremendously short temper. Even if it is a hail mary, nobody sane wants him anywhere near the ability to use an impossible weapon without having to go through the Pentagon, Congress or any other form of accountable authority where reason might prevail. He did not suddenly become qualified by getting elected.

Davide

I'm also a Canadian
But honestly, not everyone is worth arguing with, and if they're that far down the rabbit hole that they'd believe that then any proof you give them will probably be brushed off in favor of their fantasy.

Same here.

Well, I got to them to the point where all they could answer with was LOL okay then.

The partisanship is mind boggling.

Serious answers would be great. :p

They also say this kind of thing has been happening forever, the Democrats "need to get a grip". Terrifying, the attitude. And this person is a right-wing Canadian.

"Not responding at all" is a serious answer. Read a book, play a game, go for a walk; and stop worrying about the fact that SOMEONE on the INTERNET may be WRONG about something.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Trump will be inaugurated. It needs to happen as outlined. We don't need to create a potential constitutional crisis on top of what's already going on.
Yes it does. I hope he does get sworn in.

Because if all this does happen it looks alot worse for him, those that voted for him, his campaign ppl...

This would follow him forever. Look at Nixon.
Yup.

I know someone who had a security clearance. Lost it due to some questions during a polygraph.

Some of the answers could have led to criminal charges but didn't. They just took his clearance and that was it.

Best believe if they are investigating its for a reason.

via https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/820387291168407553

- Trump wants to meet Putin in Iceland within weeks of becoming president (mirroring the Reagan-Gorbachev summit in Iceland three decades ago)
- British intelligence has sought reassurance from the CIA that the identity of British agents in Russia will be protected when intelligence is shared

I hope this is not true, it is worrying that the British do not trust us to keep their secrets.

I mean damn

He can't just order the CIA to throw allies under the bus without some serious shit storm coming down on him

He's pretty brazenly expressed his intention to "clean house" and install his own "people" in the intelligence agencies as soon as humanly possible. The entire point is he's going to remove everyone who would provide a check on his abuses of intelligence and assets.

Dryk

I hope this is not true, it is worrying that the British do not trust us to keep their secrets.
The man has said time and time again that he's willing to throw allies under the bus if they outlive their usefulness to him. That sort of behaviour has been documented in the past with him not honouring agreements and contracts if thinks he can get away with it. Nobody in their right mind should trust him with their secrets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom