• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Russians didnt pick James Comey's kids up from school one day and dropped them home with a note from Uncle Vlad then I dont know what else is going on with that guy.

Its gone well beyond "I really dont like Hillary" at this stage.

jstripes

Banned
The parties aren't official entities of our government.

They could require a super majority I guess. But either way right now there is no such law in place. While there might be a way to design a law that could work doing it without a law in place is not gonna happen and shouldn't happen.

The founding fathers didn't even want political parties, they had a negative view of those. They wanted a collective of independent representatives.

Imagine.

What are they saying? Not working on my phone.
Pretty much wtf is the FBI doing when they had the info since summer. Why did they talk about clinton's email and not Trump's connection to Russia. And why can't they say its all false regarding Trump and Russia, while they can openly talk about clinton's email, which was noting.

Lmo911

Maybe that's why he seemed to be wanting to try to lose the election at times. Threatening to kill Hilary etc.

The final twist to make this the best movie ever: Trump told Obama everything at their meeting and is basically lining up all his cohorts to be busted. It's why he hasn't fully divested himself yet. He gets to go home and go back to being Trump, everyone else goes to jail.

gazele

Banned
The question I have is who is going to investigate this?

In a few days Trump will be in charge of the FBI, of the CIA, and the republican congress doesn't seem impartial when it comes to this story

I know everyone thinks the republicans will impeach trump so they can have pence, but that would be a HUGE PR disaster for the party

I bet they want to ride it out

Clearly, un-named sources and leaks aren't going to work, especially with wikileaks going full bore for the Russians

My only guess is that at some point, when Democrats get back the Senate or the House (whenever that is) that there will be investigations into all this, but by then the damage will be done, and republicans can cry political witch hunt

It's sad that this can't be a bipartisan interest, which there feels like there are none of at this point (I know that there are senators like McCain and Rubio interested in this, but especially the Republicans in the house could not care less)

Not even silent they said it was bullshit. The one huge news outlet besides Fox News that said it was fake.

That's not what she said at all. She was saying that if the FBI had investigated the document they would have come out right away to say so.

In a few days Trump will be in charge of the FBI, of the CIA, and the republican congress doesn't seem impartial when it comes to this story

I know everyone thinks the republicans will impeach trump so they can have pence, but that would be a HUGE PR disaster for the party

)

You're putting far too much into Trump's power. I know he likes to think of himself as a king, but he's not and he can't just declare something stopped. The dossier has stirred up enough prior to his inauguration that people wont forget about it. This is Russia, not some random country with no world power history whom Trump made a deal in.

Zereta

Not even silent they said it was bullshit. The one huge news outlet besides Fox News that said it was fake.

They have since backtracked on it. The Washington Post actually wrote up a thing calling NBC out for it. Rachel Maddow is good people though, she deserves better than that.

Clearly, un-named sources and leaks aren't going to work, especially with wikileaks going full bore for the Russians

My only guess is that at some point, when Democrats get back the Senate or the House (whenever that is) that there will be investigations into all this, but by then the damage will be done, and republicans can cry political witch hunt

It's sad that this can't be a bipartisan interest, which there feels like there are none of at this point (I know that there are senators like McCain and Rubio interested in this, but especially the Republicans in the house could not care less)

As exemplified below, other countries are getting involved as well now. The republicans could be in a position of losing alliances with many other countries as well. If other countries like Israel turn on the Republicans they aren't going to just have to be worried about their voters.

RDreamer

The intelligence community in almost every country around the world is probably working on this. Every EU country is probably allocating as much as they can to it. Trump and Putin are literally trying to destroy the western order, and they don't want that. Even Israel sees there's some shit going on. If one of these countries finds something they'll probably release it in anyway possible to take him down.

This isn't going anywhere. Whole world will be out for blood
Well
Minus China and Russia

Minus China? They'll want to take him out too, since he doesn't want to play ball with the One China policy.

Ding II

So, regarding the Gafspiracy Theory detailed above, I see lots of connections but the dots don't fully connect unless I'm missing something. Basically, I don't see where Trump gets paid. Nor why Qatar is paying.

Supposedly, Putin gives Trump a taste of that sweet Russian crude, in return for lifting sanctions. Simple enough. But what happens is, Putin sells that taste to a couple other parties, and then one of those parties goes on to spend (invest) even more money on US infrastructure. That doesn't seem to benefit Trump directly. (Other than, you know, him being the most powerful man on the planet.)

Why are Qatar and some dodgy investment house spending billions on a chunk of a Russian oil company? How does that fit into this conspiracy?

Trouble

Banned

The media will continue to investigate. The FBI is already "investigating" whatever that may mean (also being investigated for their handling of this all). Also Comey is only 3 years and change into a 10 year appointment. So Trump won't be able to put a true sycophant in charge of it.

gazele

Banned
As exemplified below, other countries are getting involved as well now. The republicans could be in a position of losing alliances with many other countries as well. If other countries like Israel turn on the Republicans they aren't going to just have to be worried about their voters.

I'm skeptical of Israel turning on Republicans over this, but I see your guys point, other countries getting involved is definitely good

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
They have since backtracked on it. The Washington Post actually wrote up a thing calling NBC out for it. Rachel Maddow is good people though, she deserves better than that.

Good. Just was bullshit how they did that. Support CNN it is a team effort on this.

I'm skeptical of Israel turning on Republicans over this, but I see your guys point, other countries getting involved is definitely good

It's not about Israel turning per se, but about multiple countries applying pressure to former guaranteed allies.

Playground politics. Do you dump the asshole bully on your team if your entire friend group tells you how much of an asshole he is and they won't be your friend anymore?

For those that didn't click the link, they don't have THEE tape but A tape of people meeting from the mutual parties:
Estonia’s foreign intelligence service, the Information Board (EIB), last year listened in on a meeting in an unnamed eastern European country between an associate of Donald Trump and a pro-Putin member of the Russian State Duma, Newsweek reported on Wednesday.

Zereta

Good. Just was bullshit how they did that. Support CNN it is a team effort on this.

I have my own issues with CNN about how they cover the election. But yes, press needs to unite and stay focused the next 4-8 years.

Ultimately though, I don't think it's going to be the US to nail Trump.

Look at what's happening. There's an international intelligence effort working to verify and get sources and nail all of this. To take down America's next president. Rightfully so but man, America's embarrassed to all hell at this point.

I have my own issues with CNN about how they cover the election. But yes, press needs to unite and stay focused the next 4-8 years.

Look at what's happening. There's an international intelligence effort working to verify and get sources and nail all of this. To take down America's next president. Rightfully so but man, America's embarrassed to all hell at this point.

At the end of the day that was, based on the documents, Putin's end game. To get the American public to question it's Democratic set up.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.

We all did with the election coverage. After that press conference though and the tweets yelling fake news. They needed to group and be strong.

Yeah we still be divded but at least no Trump if anything happens.

The National Enquirer is a propaganda outlet for Trump and they are promoting the upcoming US-Russia alliance by saying it will allow for war against China, Iran, and NK.

C2LWbW3XAAA9eLO.jpg

>_>

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
So, regarding the Gafspiracy Theory detailed above, I see lots of connections but the dots don't fully connect unless I'm missing something. Basically, I don't see where Trump gets paid. Nor why Qatar is paying.

Supposedly, Putin gives Trump a taste of that sweet Russian crude, in return for lifting sanctions. Simple enough. But what happens is, Putin sells that taste to a couple other parties, and then one of those parties goes on to spend (invest) even more money on US infrastructure. That doesn't seem to benefit Trump directly. (Other than, you know, him being the most powerful man on the planet.)

Why are Qatar and some dodgy investment house spending billions on a chunk of a Russian oil company? How does that fit into this conspiracy?

Refund through lifting of sanctions.

“The dossier is one of them, but there are others, they make other allegations. Some are more specific, and some are less. You can trust me that many intelligence agencies are trying to evaluate the extent to which Trump might have ties, or a weakness of some type, to Russia,” he reportedly said.

Well shit, this isn't going away anytime soon. Bibi went to congress behind Obama's back to try and derail the nuclear talks, you can bet they do everything to stop the US being Russia's pawn. This maybe the only thing I've supported the Israeli government on lol.

Well shit, this isn't going away anytime soon. Bibi went to congress behind Obama's back to try and derail the nuclear talks, you can bet they do everything to stop the US being Russia's pawn. This maybe the only thing I've supported the Israeli government on lol.

Israeli spies in America and the CIA are now the real MVPs.

Taramoor

I know some people desperately want this to be true but there's so many leaps of logic in this rant it's starting to look like those conspiracy videos

This is the hardest part for me.

We're looking at all this stuff, and alarm bells are going off, but every so often I just stop and go... "Holy shit, am I turning into some weird anti-birther?"

It seems so self-evident, what the hell is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom