• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republicans' old Obama tweets come back to bite after Trump's 12th golfing trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarVigil

He prob doesn't want to jerk off at the White House because of all the leaks and tapped wires. So he has to go to his safe place for the most expensive fap in the world. And y'all are paying for it.

In fairness we mocked GWB endlessly for his Golf trips, and I'm assuming the repubs mocked Clinton for his, all the way back through history.

Can we just outlaw golf?

edit: Though of course Trump is taking it to another level by doing it much more frequently, at a greater expense, and personally profiting from doing so

Sanjuro

I feel like the golfing argument is a supermarket checkout line discussion for the masses.

We could have President Tiger Woods and people would complain about it.

Bite them? How?

Electoral losses? A couple of nasty articles?

Trump's response:

tumblr_mirhy5eQPY1s6tut4o1_r1_500.gif

Quick, we need a word salad to cover up our blatant hypocrisy and racist double standards!
if they're even capable of self-awareness that is.

I'm not seeing how their hypocrisy is coming back to bite them in the arse. It's not like Trump's army of zombie-like sycophants and voter base give a flying fuck. Personally I would happily exile him permanently in a golf course with concrete walls erected around him on all sides. He can stay there.

Lebron

Once you hate someone, anything they do will upset you.

Obama could have ordered mayonnaise on his hamburger and that would have set Republicans off.

I think this weekend he was at his course in the D.C. area.

Ah. I was just going off the OP that said it's his club house and implies another trip down south. If it's just some place in the DC area that doesn't require an overnight setup from the secret service, then whatever.

Sanjuro

Obama could have ordered mayonnaise on his hamburger and that would have set Republicans off.

Obama tried to outlaw ketchup on hot dogs and the Republicans fought it. That's just how evil they are.

Nutter

Every president gets criticized for golfing too much. And compared to everything else Trump has done already it seems relatively minor.

1/6 the cost (compared to Obama in 8 years) in 3 months.

He is robbing the American People and no one gives a damn because its not as bad as his other stuff.

Did you miss Arugalagate?

If you don’t know what arugula–the overpriced, bitter-tasting gourmet salad green–is, you’re not alone. Most Americans prefer just plain lettuce.
But arugula is proving to be Barack HUSSEIN Obama’s George H.W. Bush automatic scanner moment. Remember when the elder Bush–during his Presidency and while he was trying to mount a re-election bid–went to a supermarket for the first tie in eons? His amazement at the scanners used by cashiers in the checkout lane showed most Americans he was simply out of touch. To most average Americans, scanners at your local retailers were already old hat by then.
Now Harvard grad Obama is having that problem with his snooty, upscale references. He’s simply worn silk stockings and rode in limos far too long. And it shows.

lol

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/358/out-of-touch-barack-hussein-obamas-arugula-moment/

ReAxion

In fairness we mocked GWB endlessly for his Golf trips, and I'm assuming the repubs mocked Clinton for his, all the way back through history.

Can we just outlaw golf?

edit: Though of course Trump is taking it to another level by doing it much more frequently, at a greater expense, and personally profiting from doing so

"in fairness" GWB took ~4x as many vacation days, so these people were hypocrites from before Obama even started.

but it also wasn't enriching his own properties, and the people around him had some idea of how the government works.

I see "come back to bite" in the thread title, but I don't see a single thing showing these tweets are doing any damage at all. No one's doing anything about it. Just another day of the usual.

Mikef2000

"in fairness" GWB took ~4x as many vacation days, so these people were hypocrites from before Obama even started.

but it also wasn't enriching his own properties, and the people around him had some idea of how the government works.

This. This is just another false equivalency. Obama took much less vacation days/golf trips than any previous president in modern times, yet they complained about him relentlessly. Also, Obama did not take a golf trip until about 4 months into his first term, this orange menace has taken 12 golf trips in less than 70 days. You do the math. And it's EXCLUSIVELY to his golf courses, thereby enriching himself greatly.

Morts

I don't think these tweets are actually coming back to bite anybody, we just find them funnier/more infuriating now.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Are there no decent golf clubs in DC?
I was going to quip that there were none owned by Trump, but it turns out there is one.

He's actually pretty good and plays with a 3 handicap.
Like I'm going to believe anything Trump says about his golf game. That's the first thing most people lie about even when they don't lie about literally everything else.

Apathy

Trump and the GOP being hypocrites? No, you don't say? Well color me... What's the opposite color of shock?

The ultimate benefit here is that Republicans can't criticize the next Dem president for golfing and taking time off. They would never do that, they would look completely ridiculous.

/sarrrrrcasm

Came here to post this.

Trump makes it so that, assuming the GOP stays largely the same, all of their talking points about a Dem president ring hollow.

From a basic conversation standpoint, it doesn't really matter. From a fiscal one, that's more of a problem, but Trump is already racking those up.

Seeing Republicans being called out for their blatant hypocrisy is always a nice sight. Too bad they don't seem to have a sense of shame.

mackattk

It is OK if TRUMP does it, he isn't the problem. OBUMMER is the problem.

Just the same way is that wife's husband is an immigrant. He isn't the probem, its the thousands of other immigrants.

Just the same way that I if I get medicaid, I am not the problem, its the thousands of others that is the problem.

Just the same way that if I get food stamps. I am not the problem, its the thousands of others that is the problem.

People live in their own bubbles thinking that the deserve things but the thousands of other people in the same situation that they are in... don't.

The ultimate benefit here is that Republicans can't criticize the next Dem president for golfing and taking time off. They would never do that, they would look completely ridiculous.

/sarrrrrcasm

It doesn't matter. They (Fox News/Breitbart/etc.) are going to shout down the their supporters on what they need to see. They will keep everyone in a comfortable little bubble so they don't have to think too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom