• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republicans' old Obama tweets come back to bite after Trump's 12th golfing trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think there is some truth to the racism claims, especially with regards to Spicer's statement that Trump just plays differently. That sounds pretty fucking racist to me.

But as far as criticizing presidents for how they spend their "free" time, that is practically a tradition.

WTF?

How do people like Hannity, and his viewers, manage to even go to the bathroom on their own? It must literally take every ounce of brain power they can muster to remember to keep breathing.

because its not about hypocrisy, its confirmation bias.

these people believed in their heart of hearts obama was an uppity liberal coming after them, so they see a story like that and its AHA I KNEW IT, UPPITY LIBERAL AND HIS MUSTARD.

But because trump is trump, with that R next to his name, him doing the same thing they yelled at obama is different because to them, he's already not obama and thats good enough

because its not about hypocrisy, its confirmation bias.

these people believed in their heart of hearts obama was an uppity liberal coming after them, so they see a story like that and its AHA I KNEW IT, UPPITY LIBERAL AND HIS MUSTARD.

But because trump is trump, with that R next to his name, him doing the same thing they yelled at obama is different because to them, he's already not obama and thats good enough

Trump lives in a gold plated mansion...Obama wanted some spicy mustard. I realize they can't understand the hypocrisy because that involves knowing, at the very least what hypocrisy means, but god dammit, everything that Americans do make it harder and harder for the rest of the world to see you in any kind of even remotely positive light. I mean at least countries like North Korea have the excuse of "not having the choice".

WTF?

How do people like Hannity, and his viewers, manage to even go to the bathroom on their own? It must literally take every ounce of brain power they can muster to remember to keep breathing.

Hannity and his stans like being inflammatory little shits; they know how to play the rage game.

Jobbs

Banned
The article is misleading. It's just pointing out hypocrisy which is something Trump and his people are already swimming in. "Come back to bite" makes it sound like there were consequences in some form and, as usual, there aren't.

mackattk

You might feel differently if he decides to handle an international crisis in the Mar-A-Lago lobby because it happens on a Saturday

Also he is surrounding himself with a bunch of yes-men at his resorts instead of staying in the White House having deal with GOP members that might not agree with him. I think is do more damage at his golf courses instead of doing his presidential duties, but that is anyone's guess.

marrec

Banned
The article is misleading. It's just pointing out hypocrisy which is something Trump and his people are already swimming in. "Come back to bite" makes it sound like there were consequences in some form and, as usual, there aren't.

Obviously Newt Gingrich is going to lose all his lucrative speaking engagements because he was hypocritical about Donald Trump.

Any day now.

Just you wait.

Maybe if we tweet more about it.........

CHC

After some of the truly inane shit that Trump's supporters have rationalized, justifinying this one should be a breeze.

Jesus H Christ. What the fuck, America!?

It's even better that the same guy who talked about Obama being an out of touch elitist for what he put on his burger called the rich guy who lives in a tower with his name on it where he's put gold on everything a, "blue collar billionaire."

Good times.

hobozero

WTF?

1326934140959_1583350.png

Zertez

I would rather him spend more time on the golf course than the White House. After the week he had, there was no way he was going to spend it in Washington with the people he thought let him down.

These people had the nerve to accuse the Obamas of spending extravagantly with taxpayer money, meanwhile, the Trumps rack up bills in the 10s of millions in security fees because they wont modify their indulgent lifestyle.

Voras

Sean Spicer has this job for a reason. He is a master of deflection and spin with absolutely no shame.

What is masterful about saying "it's different for reasons I won't explain"?

There's nothing impressive about that deflection, it's about the laziest I could imagine.

Trump is paying himself going on these golf trips as well. How the fuck is he getting away with this? Republicans are scum. All of them.

It's even better that the same guy who talked about Obama being an out of touch elitist for what he put on his burger called the rich guy who lives in a tower with his name on it where he's put gold on everything a, "blue collar billionaire."

Good times.

Not only that, but Trump brags about not raising his children. Essentially equating it to women and caretaker's work.

If that's not elitist, I don't know what is.

karmakgb

Neo Member
Other people have said it but he's not doing this to golf or relax. If he wanted to do those things he has a hundred golf courses in Virginia to choose from or Camp David to go to.

He's doing it because every cent the government spends at Mar-a-Lago goes directly to his own pockets. It's an incredible scandal that's being virtually ignored. It's not just what he's doing or how much it costs (which are both bad enough. It's why.

In conclusion, fuck Trump and fuck Republicans.

Exile20

WTF?

Hannity makes $29 million a year to talk this rubbish.

Other people have said it but he's not doing this to golf or relax. If he wanted to do those things he has a hundred golf courses in Virginia to choose from or Camp David to go to.

He's doing it because every cent the government spends at Mar-a-Lago goes directly to his own pockets. It's an incredible scandal that's being virtually ignored. It's not just what he's doing or how much it costs (which are both bad enough. It's why.

In conclusion, fuck Trump and fuck Republicans.

Don't forget he upped the membership fees from 100k to 200k. So if you want a chance to talk to the president then pony up the fees. That is why he announces his trips like that.

dankir

Oh man trumps tweets are going to bit him so hard in the ass in 2018 elections. Whomever the dem nominee is they just need to look at his twitter history for all the ammo they need.

When your guy does it, it's a problem.

When our guy does it, it's no big deal.

This is human nature and nobody gives a shit when they get called out for it because everybody does it.

aeolist

Banned
Yeah... If only anyone other than Democrats actually cared about this naked hypocrisy. Maybe it might mean something.

nobody cares about political hypocrisy when their side is doing it.

people will turn on trump if they can be convinced that he's having a materially detrimental effect on their lives. they will never give a shit about losing some debate about golfing.

While I understand the frustration here, I sure remember how often people complained about Dubya playing golf, so it's not like these tweets weren't hypocritical in the first place... and it didn't matter then.

What matters isn't that Trump complained about how often Obama played golf, but that he promised to his voters that he wouldn't do the same.

And sure, it's only a small part of the pile of broken (or sure to be broken) campaign promises, but that thing could reach a critical mass sooner or later.

Meifu

People on the other side are always going to hate when they see the president they didn't elect blowing off some steam.

It just so happens that this big piece of cheeto dust does nothing but blow off steam

It would only come back to bite them if they actually cared about having consistent views about this stuff.

They aren't wringing their hands thinking about that one time they made fun of Obama for golfing.

Yeah it's not Ace Attorney where catching them in a contradiction will give you a leg up on them because they never actually cared about the golfing

Nepenthe

Whether or not it's okay for Presidents to golf doesn't actually matter. People aren't mad at Trump for golfing; they're mad at Republicans for taking a subjective stance about what people ought to be doing when they can't muster the integrity to apply those same standards to themselves. If they were consistent about this, it wouldn't even be a story, to be honest.

Also, Trump is apparently getting paid to do all of this? The GOP can fuck themselves even more.

Boney

Banned
I don't give a shit how patsies like Spicer spin this.

What I want to know is if the hypocritical tweets have reached down to their voting base and how they feel about it. The quotes here don't correspond to the title of receiving heat.

But that 36% approval is something I guess.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Holy shit. Not saying I don't believe you but do you have any links about this? Interested.

http://time.com/money/4703151/donald-trump-mar-a-lago-costs-taxpayers-palm-beach/
However, more than anything, his trips have cost taxpayers big time. CBS News reports American taxpayers spend more than $3 million each time Trump heads to the ”Winter White House."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mar-a-l...aney-white-house-budget-cuts-already-started/
This weekend was Mr. Trump's ninth in office, and the fifth he has spent at Mar-a-Lago. His first three Mar-a-Lago weekends cost taxpayers an estimated $10 million.

according to judical watch obama total was bout $96 million

I was wrong on obama's amount

This however doesn't account how much it is costing NYC per day to protect trump tower or protecting his kids on their abroad business trips

Or how much it's costing business to comply with secret service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom