• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Requiem For An Angel.... An Avenging Angel!

Requiem-Avenging-Angel-2.jpg

Here is an obscure game from the '90s that not many people remember that unfortunately never saw a follow-up or sequel of any kind.

I thought it was a neat little game that combined religion, mainly Christian religion, with science fiction. It was a strange game that had a lot of cut and paste environments mostly in the main parts of the game when you're exploring the city. But the beginning portions where you're in hell is one of the most terrifying depictions of Hell you'll ever see in a video game. Not just the graphics but the sound effects. They really did an amazing job with that.

Now, if you're thinking this is something like Darksiders, it's not. Darksiders is a little bit light-hearted and colorful. This is a lot more dystopian and dark and realistic which may turn off some people or may make some people want more. It's definitely closer to Warhammer 40,000 than it is Darksiders, that's for sure.

It's another one of those games like Prey 2006 or Arx Fatalis not really begged for a sequel but never got one and will never get one. A real shame too.

In fact I have this on my list of games that deserve sequels but never got one.

In today's sensitive climate, I doubt a game like this would be made. So I wouldn't even expect a remake of this let alone a sequel but if you have a chance pick it up on GOG. It's fairly cheap. I think around 10 bucks.

Edit: well, what do you know. It's currently on sale for $6.49 as of November 15th.

Last edited:

Sensates

I remember the ads in the magazine, and real liking it upon trying (probably demo) despite having a real shitty pc.

niilokin

that was a solid game, all kinds of great abilities like the slow motion and possession and turning enemies into salt statues...

I think this had "bullet time" mechanic before Matrix came out, or perhaps it was some time slow down thingy, it has been 23 years since I played it. But I think it was the first time I saw that in a game.

Amazing character models, animations, and shadows for the time.
Also, the very first game with Bullet Time.
I still have my copy. Even the big box.
I didn't know it was the first game to have Bullet Time.

I remember reading that it was one of the first to have interconnected areas similar to Half-Life and Half-Life 2.

Top Bottom