• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resetera and the pedo problem (updates)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotPocket69

Banned
I understand now it was a mistake, yes. I was advised that staying low would be the best course of action, but I should have definitely come first here before anything else.

Would you consider discussing kid fucking a “mistake” as well?

Last edited:

Ten_Fold

Again, can you post examples?

Ironically, I actually believe Neogaf is the most progressive when it comes to politics.
For example, I recognize both mainstream left and right-wing parties as being corporate pawns. Neither party represents my interests, but I only support the Conservatives because they are the closest thing to "Liberal" was 20 years ago.

On Resetera, no such nuance exists. If you don't support LGBTBBQQ2723y82 you are literally hitler. If you don't hate all men, you are literally hitler. If you don't hate yourself, you are literally hitler.

Resetera is serious about painting everyone as Nazis, whereas Neogaf is more likely to be skeptical of government in general.
I fully agree, current gaf isn’t ban happy and people don’t care if you do or don’t support the lgbtq community, most people here are just tired of the constant control a lot of lgbtq and sjw are trying. I think this is the best forum free.

Betty

Banned
Betty, you can think modern feminism is not a great movement, be pro-gamergate because you think press is fucked, thinking MeToo is a movement that some people are using for their own benefit and also vote for the president you think will do the best. Because, you know, it is a free society. What is wrong with having this opinion? Could you explain it to me? What does it have to do with "far-right shitholes"?

You can absolutely think all those things, that is your right, go for it.

But when so many on this site think those exact same things, regurgitate the exact same talking points as the worst alt-right dens, and just happen to abhor anything remotely whiffing of progressiveness or left leaning ideology then it's more than fair to say this site is heavily right leaning and isn't at all tolerant of other people's mindsets.

I say you need to read the entire thread if your only take away was "cuck soyboy".

You need to read the entire thread if you think the site isn't right leaning and anti-left, and re-read it and every other thread a few times to think the site is progressive in any way

I, and many others here, are left-leaning/liberals.

ReMNnGc.gif

Holy shit you guys have jokes, alright let me do one.

Resetera is mostly made up of alt-right members and is the most extreme conservative site online!

HotPocket69

Banned
Look, I get that you don't trust LordKano because of his actions, but could we please not get overly aggressive with him? He is trying to explain himself, he doesn't need to be threatened.

No ones getting overly aggressive. I’m asking him a question.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
That's kinda ironic given that you and your friends had your name changed on ERA because this came out.

If it was truly nothing then you wouldn't give 2 shits about it and just leave it as it is because that makes sense right?
I have to disagree here. Having your nickname linked to pedophilia is... not a great thing. Even if (and maybe especially then) you do are not pedophile, you might want to get yourself disassociated from that name.

The Man of Glass

Neo Member
Innocent people in the said disscusion wouldn't really give a shit about the whole thing because why would you? It makes sense.

But that's not how it went here and all the people included in the OP, when the news came out had name change and avatar change on ERA so they wouldn't be searchable and make the whole thing just a swipe under the rug.

Now this dude comes here trying to play the victim card and dodges all the questions regarding the name change.

''Honesty''

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Hello everyone. It’s been a long time since I posted on gaf, but now I’m here in an attempt to clear out my name. I’m not a native English speaker so sorry for the few mistakes.

I thought long about this too, and despite being told that it would be better to just not engage conversation, I have hopes that people here will understand my arguments in good faith. I will not talk in names of the others, but only of mine. Because I’m a victim of misinterpretation. I'm not here representing anyone else but myself.

This server, which I was part of, was made to discuss video game sales numbers. It’s what fuelled the conversation most of the time. It’s not affiliated to era but usermade. It was not a server made for prominent members to make discussion with the staff. It’s all there is to it. The reason why you may recognize some popular names is because they’re all sales-related. It was a big place to discuss video game sales (be it Famitsu numbers, NPD, Media Create, PAL charts…). We never had any input in any kind of moderation issue. Most of the time we actually disagreed with the moderation, and a lot of us (including myself) got banned multiple times. I even considered going back to GAF at one point. The reason our server was private is because we didn’t want any console warring in it

Some discussions went off-topic, notably when it concerned moderation (as we often disagreed on it) and one of those is screencapped in OP, where a thread about GTAV and rape was made which caused many bans of Era members. From that point, we discussed legal perspectives and legal dispositions regulating those matters. That’s all there was to it. We discussed the difference between the age where you become a legal adult and the age of consent, which I mixed in the course of the discussion because, as I said, I’m not a native English speaker and definitely not well-versed in that field.

As for the threats OP claimed she got, I’m deeply sorry about the aggressive tone I may have conveyed. I just went out of school when someone linked me the thread and I was immediately filled with anger that someone I once considered a friend (and of which I thought it was reciprocal) accuse me of the sort. I sent a discord DM (the one OP screencapped) asking what the hell was going on and why would she do that. It ended abruptly as I was angered and saddened at the situation. I want to precise I didn’t threaten anyone of legal actions. My last sentence was very much made because of worries that OP, knowing her difficult situation, could be put in danger if someone took all of it very seriously and decided to sue her for defamation. I apologize to OP if I came across as threatening, but that wasn’t my intent.

For the LuigiBlood post, I believe he already explained his situation (which was tied to me merely because I was talking about the Metal Gear Solid 1 French dub).

As for my recent era name change, it was in hope that people would just forget about me. I didn’t want to come post here because I don’t like the attention. I’m no one important, just a rando like anyone here. I’m not affiliated with era or anyone else. I was just spending time on a discord server talking about games sales and anything that was discussing in general chat. I never expected that anyone could have interpreted my posts like that. I’m not a pedophile, nor was I ever interested in underage people. I’m still at university. My part of this situation is a big misinterpretation and I really want to prove it.

I’ve already cut ties with the server, and the people this thread rightfully pointed out as potentially very suspicious once their twitter account was digged out. I’m not affiliated at all with those people. I only talked with them in the context of game sales and what topics came in the general chat. I don’t know most of the people outside of that, and definitely not those affiliated with pedophile content. I’d also like to point out that nowhere did the server endorsed even remotely such content. Two of the people (the two most of this thread is about) got banned/kicked from the server and that nobody ever posted endorsement of pedophiles nor imagery of underaged people in the server and that the moderation would have taken action upon that without a doubt.

I’m no different than any of you, I’m just a random internet user fanboying over some games and ranting about others. I really want to clear out my name. I understand why you people would pursue people suspected of diving into pedophilia and other illegal fields, but I’m really not one of those people. I hope this was enough of a statement to at least testify of my honesty.
Hello LordKano, thanks for coming in and sharing your point of view.

I find some of your explanations a bit sketchy (particularly, threatening the OP so you could 'protect her', or disliking era's moderation but asking them to change your name), but those things can be easily attributed to pressure, era habits or personal human flaws that may or may not have anything to do with what you're accused of. I won't judge you without further proof.

I agree that it's better to come in and communicate than hide and pretend nothing happened.

nush

Look, I get that you don't trust LordKano because of his actions, but could we please not get overly aggressive with him? He is trying to explain himself, he doesn't need to be threatened.
You're right, I'm sure he'd appreciate us treating him with kid gloves.

Ok. I certainly am willing to listen. I have a question for both you and L LuigiBlood

Are you still part of that discord. Did you see the pro pedo conversations being had? Did you leave the discord because of it? Did you say anything to mods about them?
You may see this kinda like LordKano's post but here's my response:

I have quit the Discord since, I did not see what looked like pro pedo conversations, for many reasons, such as I have not been that active on that Discord as of late, especially when you have about 50 servers to look + the work I do on the side. About that Twitter user, I had genuinely no idea until now. And this much I can definitely condemn.
I left the Discord when this whole deal started to blow up, I don't want to be associated with this. If I had seen this kind of stuff I would have reported it.

I don't intend to change my name, in my case. I still stand by my previous post. It does sounds weird but I do ping back after I'm afk like this, and it just happened to be in a very unfortunate moment.

All I want is a serious discussion here, and defend myself.

Michele

you.
By my friends I informed of my situation.

Well, I don't wish to offend, but could you tell exactly their names? There might be some clues about that. Like, I mean, their EXACT names? Like 'Gamer', 'Joe Kiaka', etc.

Innocent people in the said disscusion wouldn't really give a shit about the whole thing because why would you? It makes sense.

But that's not how it went here and all the people included in the OP, when the news came out had name change and avatar change on ERA so they wouldn't be searchable and make the whole thing just a swipe under the rug.

Now this dude comes here trying to play the victim card and dodges all the questions regarding the name change.

''Honesty''

I thought he already said why he changed his name? Besides, Yoshi is right. Having your name associated with pedo... is not a good look.

LordKano

Pedophilia is a vile digusting crime that I condemn with all my will. I hope you can trust me with that, and I really want to prove it.

I answered multiple time the question as to why I changed my name: I just didnt want to get any attention and hoped that by just laying low, I'd be free of those accusations. But it was a mistake. And I realize now I should have come forward immediately.

Hello LordKano, thanks for coming in and sharing your point of view.

I find some of your explanations a bit sketchy (particularly, threatening the OP so you could 'protect her', or disliking era's moderation but asking them to change your name), but those things can be easily attributed to pressure, era habits or personal human flaws that may or may not have anything to do with what you're accused of. I won't judge you without further proof.

I agree that it's better to come in and communicate than hide and pretend nothing happened.

I just want to clarify that it wasn't exactly to "protect her", because it'd be dishonest. I was indeed angry, and sent a DM aggressively but as you said, it was under pressure. It was really a big mistake and I address OP my sincerest apologies.

You may see this kinda like LordKano's post but here's my response:

I have quit the Discord since, I did not see what looked like pro pedo conversations, for many reasons, such as I have not been that active on that Discord as of late, especially when you have about 50 servers to look + the work I do on the side. About that Twitter user, I had genuinely no idea until now. And this much I can definitely condemn.
I left the Discord when this whole deal started to blow up, I don't want to be associated with this. If I had seen this kind of stuff I would have reported it.

I don't intend to change my name, in my case. I still stand by my previous post. It does sounds weird but I do ping back after I'm afk like this, and it just happened to be in a very unfortunate moment.

All I want is a serious discussion here, and defend myself.
Ok cool. Thanks for answering

LordKano

Well, I don't wish to offend, but could you tell exactly their names? There might be some clues about that. Like, I mean, their EXACT names? Like 'Gamer', 'Joe Kiaka', etc.

They aren't era members, I was talking about my irl friends, which I went to and asked advices.

Pedophilia is a vile digusting crime that I condemn with all my will. I hope you can trust me with that, and I really want to prove it.

I answered multiple time the question as to why I changed my name: I just didnt want to get any attention and hoped that by just laying low, I'd be free of those accusations. But it was a mistake. And I realize now I should have come forward immediately.

I just want to clarify that it wasn't exactly to "protect her", because it'd be dishonest. I was indeed angry, and sent a DM aggressively but as you said, it was under pressure. It was really a big mistake and I address OP my sincerest apologies.
can you apologize to her directly?

The Man of Glass

Neo Member

The thing is that it's not just you who actually got this treatment, it's everyone that was posted in the OP.

Maybe I would buy it if it was just 1 person but it's the whole group.

Who promoted all of you to name/avatar change? Because this strikes me as an ERA thing trying to keep things surpressed. It's also rather fast and short for everyone to get it done so fast given that the request of chaning name in ERA isn't really instant and could take a while.

Vayne

Neo Member
You can absolutely think all those things, that is your right, go for it.

But when so many on this site think those exact same things, regurgitate the exact same talking points as the worst alt-right dens, and just happen to abhor anything remotely whiffing of progressiveness or left leaning ideology then it's more than fair to say this site is heavily right leaning and isn't at all tolerant of other people's mindsets.

I haven't seen people not tolerating other people's opinion here on a large scale, in fact, I don't remember any case. Anyway, each user is an individual and each of them has his/her own opinion. I see a much bigger pattern about the behaviour you are picturing there in ResetERA, tbh, where you get banned for exposing your opinion if the mods don't agree with it (also you get labeled with stupid stuff).

Last edited:

LordKano

The thing is that it's not just you who actually got this treatment, it's everyone that was posted in the OP.

Maybe I would buy it if it was just 1 person but it's the whole group.

Who promoted all of you to name/avatar change? Because this strikes me as an ERA thing trying to keep things surpressed. It's also rather fast and short for everyone to get it done so fast given that the request of chaning name in ERA isn't really instant and could take a while.

Nobody promoted me to name change, it's what I thought of in order to lay low. I did it after having left the discord server and cut ties with the people in it. I don't even know who did it apart from me and that Nemesis dude (which I've almost never talked to) since both were in the same post. You don't even need to contact an admin to do that, it's just an option in the profile settings.

Last edited:

Enygger_Tzu

Banned

Can I ask you to answer two questions to me, if you got the time?

1. Did you asked for the change of your username or the mods did so, and have they forewarned you about it beforehand?

2. If the Discord is not affiliated with Resetera there, how do you explain the power structure of it and that Cerium as well was supposedly behind it?

Sygma

Hello everyone. It’s been a long time since I posted on gaf, but now I’m here in an attempt to clear out my name. I’m not a native English speaker so sorry for the few mistakes.

I thought long about this too, and despite being told that it would be better to just not engage conversation, I have hopes that people here will understand my arguments in good faith. I will not talk in names of the others, but only of mine. Because I’m a victim of misinterpretation. I'm not here representing anyone else but myself.

This server, which I was part of, was made to discuss video game sales numbers. It’s what fuelled the conversation most of the time. It’s not affiliated to era but usermade. It was not a server made for prominent members to make discussion with the staff. It’s all there is to it. The reason why you may recognize some popular names is because they’re all sales-related. It was a big place to discuss video game sales (be it Famitsu numbers, NPD, Media Create, PAL charts…). We never had any input in any kind of moderation issue. Most of the time we actually disagreed with the moderation, and a lot of us (including myself) got banned multiple times. I even considered going back to GAF at one point. The reason our server was private is because we didn’t want any console warring in it

Some discussions went off-topic, notably when it concerned moderation (as we often disagreed on it) and one of those is screencapped in OP, where a thread about GTAV and rape was made which caused many bans of Era members. From that point, we discussed legal perspectives and legal dispositions regulating those matters. That’s all there was to it. We discussed the difference between the age where you become a legal adult and the age of consent, which I mixed in the course of the discussion because, as I said, I’m not a native English speaker and definitely not well-versed in that field.

As for the threats OP claimed she got, I’m deeply sorry about the aggressive tone I may have conveyed. I just went out of school when someone linked me the thread and I was immediately filled with anger that someone I once considered a friend (and of which I thought it was reciprocal) accuse me of the sort. I sent a discord DM (the one OP screencapped) asking what the hell was going on and why would she do that. It ended abruptly as I was angered and saddened at the situation. I want to precise I didn’t threaten anyone of legal actions. My last sentence was very much made because of worries that OP, knowing her difficult situation, could be put in danger if someone took all of it very seriously and decided to sue her for defamation. I apologize to OP if I came across as threatening, but that wasn’t my intent.

For the LuigiBlood post, I believe he already explained his situation (which was tied to me merely because I was talking about the Metal Gear Solid 1 French dub).

As for my recent era name change, it was in hope that people would just forget about me. I didn’t want to come post here because I don’t like the attention. I’m no one important, just a rando like anyone here. I’m not affiliated with era or anyone else. I was just spending time on a discord server talking about games sales and anything that was discussing in general chat. I never expected that anyone could have interpreted my posts like that. I’m not a pedophile, nor was I ever interested in underage people. I’m still at university. My part of this situation is a big misinterpretation and I really want to prove it.

I’ve already cut ties with the server, and the people this thread rightfully pointed out as potentially very suspicious once their twitter account was digged out. I’m not affiliated at all with those people. I only talked with them in the context of game sales and what topics came in the general chat. I don’t know most of the people outside of that, and definitely not those affiliated with pedophile content. I’d also like to point out that nowhere did the server endorsed even remotely such content. Two of the people (the two most of this thread is about) got banned/kicked from the server and that nobody ever posted endorsement of pedophiles nor imagery of underaged people in the server and that the moderation would have taken action upon that without a doubt.

I’m no different than any of you, I’m just a random internet user fanboying over some games and ranting about others. I really want to clear out my name. I understand why you people would pursue people suspected of diving into pedophilia and other illegal fields, but I’m really not one of those people. I hope this was enough of a statement to at least testify of my honesty.

Simple question, why did you get hella angry when seeing the accusations and went out of your way to threaten Celine ?

Usually a well behaved, in the right state of affairs person will react calmly and present evidence or whatever. Not feel vulnerable / feeble as fuck, thats pure defensive mechanisms bro

For example, imagine someone actually stanning for feminism here, do you think they'd be met with tolerance or derision?

As in actual, intelligent feminism that ain't aimed at repressing fantasies and whatnot ? like I don't know, japanese women going hard against the government for it forcing them to wear high heels as a norm at work ?

Absolutely, because that is clearly forced on women AND DEFINITELY unacceptable. The rest tho ? haha, yeah. There's a reason a lot of people don't wanna mesh with you fucking insane lot. You can't separate irony / poor wit from point blank meaning in any written statement

Resetera is like a christian inquisition. You're as disgustingly violent / repulsive in the ideology war. You're just doing it from the virtuous stand point while thinking it makes y'all some truly dignified pieces of work. Meanwhile, just peek at the ETCetera forum, and you'll see exactly the good old witch hunt in full force

Amber heard case and so many others ? people were banned because they were right. And the amount of FUCK THAT GUY, HE DESERVES LIFE / EXECUTION in every single hot thread ?

Are you fucking for real when you're pointing at vocabulary issues ?

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
You need to read the entire thread if you think the site isn't right leaning and anti-left, and re-read it and every other thread a few times to think the site is progressive in any way
I can show you the numbers. Neogaf is much more well rounded/independant when it comes to politics.

WdUzkqW.png

On Resetera, they mostly lean left and far-left (or SJW left as I prefer to call it).

ktDDRiQ.png

Cm4E3HZ.png

gVi0TSo.png

Last edited:

Michele

you.

1. Did you asked for the change of your username or the mods did so, and have they forewarned you about it beforehand?

2. If the Discord is not affiliated with Resetera there, how do you explain the power structure of it and that Cerium as well was supposedly behind it?

For the first question I could attempt to answer. He said there is no need to contact an admin on ERA, there is an option in profile settings.

You all quit the Discord when you were outed.

You all didn’t leave while it was freely being discussed though

Yeah that’s not sketchy AT ALL
I mean, what's the alternative? Staying in there? The minute you get linked with an allegation this serious you'd want to do everything to dissociate yourself from it. No?

I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt at the very least. It's a pretty damning accusation to level at someone.

LordKano

1. I asked myself since there's the option to do it on era's profile user. You don't even need to contact an admin. You just get a mail once it's done.

2. Cerium was not behind the server, I can assure you of that. I don't think he was ever in the server. The server was made by a normal era user, and was filled of people from both era and outside of it. The power structure was just some moderators and normal users, almost all of the ranks are just jokes and to give people a different color for their discord username.

Eolz

Hey.

Felt like I might as well post too now, especially since I've been banned from era as well.
So, let's share some info (even if it's redundant from the OP or some other posts):

- This discord has been created to talk about sales. Like most discord servers, it has its own rules, its own moderators, some off-topic channels as seen in the OP (all sfw). This has never been some super secret discord (it was secret at first during the "exodus" since Evilore and his team banned anyone sharing discord links trying to get away. Again, easy to check with posts on this forum), nor has it been some secret influential discord (the few influential people there were there just to discuss sales and never wanted to talk about anything else).
- The two screenshots involving me had context removed. The first one had me being weirded out by the era posters being mad at the age difference instead of being mad at the actual act of rape. The second one had me advising another poster to not post a dumb argument about how "loli =/= underage" on a thread at a risk of an instant ban, which he ignored and got banned for anyway. He also got banned multiple times from the discord server, same as another poster in the OP.
- No porn or lolicon content has ever been posted in this discord server, thank god.
- As I guess most of you have been in Discord, you know you are with other people with different timezones and jobs. Not everybody can read what happens everytime.
- I've done the imgur removal request on my own, nobody else asked for it. There has been no mass report, you can easily check how easy this is (imgur doesn't even ask your mail or whatever). Why? Private discord screencaps, and used for defamatory purposes (don't think you can say the contrary). I should have known some people would go "wow this just prove you're guilty!" but you know just like me those would have been reuploaded somewhere else anyway. I've done that in the hopes that some would calm down and think a bit about the whole story, I got the reverse effect.
- I didn't know what that user posted on twitter, nor did anyone else. Like sadly I think, pretty much everyone talking or knowing something like that (as shared by someone here on a previous page).
- I know nothing about Cerium and his story with the OP, especially since I've never seen him elsewhere, and the only time I've talked with him on era, he refused my feedback on the moderation.
- Why did I leave gaf at the time? Because everyone I was talking with was leaving. Why did I not come back here? Because there's nearly nobody talking anymore about the topics that actually interest me, and because the userbase has also changed (as seen with some users trying to do a witch hunt on multiple members, and/or trying to shut down discussion because that'd mean they're wrong).

Also for those wondering why people pointing it out on era are getting banned, it's just part of their rules (no off-site drama, which has always been fine here). Same your reddit posts (off topic content). There's no bizarre conspiracy theory where people are here to shut this down, there's just nothing really bad in those screenshots on their own (which funnily enough, even people on 4chan, KIA and Kiwifarms pointed out). So there's just the story of the OP that was permabanned from a forum, banned from that former discord server (after trying to get some other users (not those in the OP) kicked out and trying to share fake leaks), and that keep saying "I'll be back with more evidence" (on top of some truncated discord screenshots) but never actually showing it.
Saying something is a pedophile ring with this is basically the same as me going in a random discord server (like here) or another thread, taking content out of context, and saying it is. Don't let your hate of era (or anything else) blind you and take a long, rational look at what you actually got.

I know perfectly well that some will just post bullshit.gif/wojaknpc.png/etc multiple times, but you know just like me that it's just a matter of trust, and that you'll always believe the user that give you ammo for a crusade than any with actual info on what happened. I've spent enough time on forums, 4chan and twitter to see that. You can also easily see by my posting history (here with more posts than most of you, and on era) what my opinions are on various topics, and why the OP story is pretty doubtful if you take the time to check the screenshots without the story she created.

Thanks for reading this wall of text (if you did it). Discord status is the same as Kano, and I don't think I can prove anything to you, nor that you'd actually believe me.

Last edited:

LordKano

Simple question, why did you get hella angry when seeing the accusations and went out of your way to threaten Celine ?

Usually a well behaved, in the right state of affairs person will react calmly and present evidence or whatever. Not feel vulnerable / feeble as fuck, thats pure defensive mechanisms bro

I got angry because someone I thought was at least a friend, and with who I talked extensively some times ago, namedropped me in a mid of pedophilia accusations and took my posts out of context. I still had her as a friend and just jumped in the DMs when I could. I'm not someone I'd call very mature or always calm, and I admit it was a mistake to let my emotions get the better of me.

I got angry because someone I thought was at least a friend, and with who I talked extensively some times ago, namedropped me in a mid of pedophilia accusations and took my posts out of context. I still had her as a friend and just jumped in the DMs when I could. I'm not someone I'd call very mature or always calm, and I admit it was a mistake to let my emotions get the better of me.
I cannot begin to describe to you how fucked you are.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Ok. I'm starting to believe you but you didn't answer why the Discord was private to begin with. I know all Discord require an invite but how come they had to have their own private sales discussion? Also you say he had no power but he seems to have had a position of power IN that server too based on the user list on the right.

Also, why did this post only get a warning not a ban?

Just thinking outloud, but perhaps they had some insiders and discussed sales things that aren’t to be released to the public. There’s that one NPD employee who posts over there. Matt Piscatella or whatever. He may not have been in the Discord but may share non-public info with people like ZhugeEX who always seemed very well informed on sales data.

In any case, I don’t think some big scandal is going to be unearthed. The main thing here is just the hypocrisy of mods/ admins of a site that bans discussion of games with sexual used minors discussing pedo type stuff.

Otherwise it’s typical creepy weeb stuff among fans of anime and JRPGs if not for the hypocrisy. There’s probably some more insidious behavior from some of the participants for sure, but I doubt it’s in that discord or the OP would have found it.

I don't know why you are being so aggresive towards Kano. Are we looking at the same screenshots? First he is talking about legal age, because someone said an 18 year old is a "man". Then he said in most places the age of consent is 16, which doesn't imply anything.

Let him talk, don't act like ERA would and start a wich hunt without even listening for a second. To be honest, if someone wrongly accused me of something so disgusting as pedophilia, I would freak the fuck out, because you know how the internet is, you read the accusations, but don't care about the follow up and if the thing was actually true.

Now, about the other guys in the screenshots, they are much much worse imo.

Last edited:

LordKano

I do believe that there should be a platform on era to discuss this matter since it's out on social media. I want to clear out my name from everywhere, and to prove that I have nothing to do with the pedophilia accusations. There may be people not reading the later pages of this thread and believing I'm somehow affiliated with those accusations. But if I were to post that on era, I'd get banned again.

NeededSleep

Dont post much myself... but im curious. L LordKano , resetera has always been fine with holding the entire group/orginization accountable for bad deeds. Do you not find this hypocritical that they are shutting down any conversation about this?

I mean good for you coming forward and offering a coversation. But why do you believe they are shutting down any type of conversation about this?
This just makes you look like the sacrifical lamb? I mean change your name, leave discord, etc. sure. But its not that hard to create another account after all is done and hop back in right?
Why not create a thread on resetera to try to clear your name? If they are willing to change your name for you, they must think you are worth keeping around?

Or maybe the best way is provide the screen caps of the discord after this was brought up? I mean that would clear you.. right?

What do i know \_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

LordKano

Dont post much myself... but im curious. L LordKano , resetera has always been fine with holding the entire group/orginization accountable for bad deeds. Do you not find this hypocritical that they are shutting down any conversation about this?

I mean good for you coming forward and offering a coversation. But why do you believe they are shutting down any type of conversation about this?
This just makes you look like the sacrifical lamb? I mean change your name, leave discord, etc. sure. But its not that hard to create another account after all is done and hop back in right?
Why not create a thread on resetera to try to clear your name? If they are willing to change your name for you, they must think you are worth keeping around?
Or clear provide the screen caps of the discord after this was brought up? I mean that would clear you.. right?

What do i know \_(ツ)_/¯

I'd make a thread to clear out my name on era if I wasn't going to get instantly banned. I have no connections with higher ups on era, you don't need those to change your name (it's just an option in the user profile). As I just said, I do think there should be a platform to openly discuss it so that I and the others could clear our names, for those that shouldn't be involved at all.

I do believe that there should be a platform on era to discuss this matter since it's out on social media. I want to clear out my name from everywhere, and to prove that I have nothing to do with the pedophilia accusations. There may be people not reading the later pages of this thread and believing I'm somehow affiliated with those accusations. But if I were to post that on era, I'd get banned again.
You realize you and your pals are being hunted by /pol/ right now, right? The same guys who got airstrikes organized?

nush

What do you care if you are banned on Era, a few posts back you were "thinking" about asking for an account deletion, now you don't want to get banned. I'll say it AGAIN mixed message here.

LordKano

What do you care if you are banned on Era, a few posts back you were "thinking" about asking for an account deletion, now you don't want to get banned. I'll say it AGAIN mixed message here.

I don't care about being banned, that's not what I wanted to say ! But if I made the thread, just like the others it would have been instantly locked, my post would have been removed and it would have been useless.

I'm honestly tired of being affiliated with issues arising from a video games forum. I initially went there just to discuss game sales, and other video game topics, but now it's a burden and I fully intend to just cut every ties I have.

Last edited:
This is the strangest PM I've gotten on any site in quite some time. Note that I never received any PMs on Ree that didn't stem from a convo I myself started.

<!yoink> [mod note]

Please do users the courtesy of asking to share private messages publicly beyond the staff/moderator's

Last edited by a moderator:

Vayne

Neo Member
I'd make a thread to clear out my name on era if I wasn't going to get instantly banned. I have no connections with higher ups on era, you don't need those to change your name (it's just an option in the user profile). As I just said, I do think there should be a platform to openly discuss it so that I and the others could clear our names, for those that shouldn't be involved at all.

Honestly, don't u think ResetERA mods are insane and have a dictatorial actitude towards different opinions? Why do you people go there to "debate" if only one opinion exist? Just curious, dude...

Would be hard to clarify all of that stuff if your own admins refuse to debate. And yep, that actitude is fucking suspicious, but I'm not gonna asume anything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom