• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resetera and the pedo problem (updates)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fushitsusha

Banned
He posted about him having sex with a minor, and that shit didn't even get deleted? In fact, they were probably envious over there.

Bragger.

Papa

Banned
Not even one big YouTuber talked about this !!

Why is everyone so scared to talk ??

And the media not even one article asking for a reply from era admins about this serious accusations

Something not right specially from the verified journalists there

How many people do you think knew about Jimmy Savile? Why do you think they didn't talk? Complicity and/or the perception of power.

Ree's power is an illusion. No one takes them seriously. The knives are coming out because they have burned most of their bridges. There are apparently many people with an axe to grind as evidenced by this thread and the activity on Twitter. Banning someone from your forum doesn't make them disappear into the ether. It just means you don't see them anymore, but they are still there, they still hate you, and they will turn on you when the time comes.

mid83

Some are age 15. If Netherlands was/is the same, she would have been 14 at most.

That is disgusting. I’m sorry. I remember in college knowing a guy who was bragging that he was banging a 15 year old back home and he was 22 at the time I believe. We cut that creep out of our lives real quick. Most of us were 20-21 and even then we couldn’t even imagine how that guy could do that.

No way any normal 23 year old man is having sex with a 14-15 year old. Sorry. The guy is a certified creep at this point.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
For those of you hoping ResetEra will be abandoned by it's primary userbase as a result of this, I have some bad news for you. That's not happening until 2035 for those in North America. For those in Europe, most will jump ship in 2033.

Last edited:

mid83

For those of you hoping ResetEra will be abandoned by it's primary userbase as a result of this, I have some bad news for you. That's not happening until 2035 for those in North America. For those in Europe, most will jump ship in 2033.

As long as the primary user base is convinced this is nothing but a coordinated alt-right nazi campaign, nothing will change over there.

Bwahaha

Neo Member
There are apparently many people with an axe to grind as evidenced by this thread and the activity on Twitter. Banning someone from your forum doesn't make them disappear into the ether. It just means you don't see them anymore, but they are still there, they still hate you, and they will turn on you when the time comes.
I don't think Celine posted this thread because she had "an axe to grind" with a ban or something. She even offered to let REE fix this problem quietly and they rejected it. This isn't about being angry, this is about outing pedophiles, which is a serious fucking thing.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
As long as the primary user base is convinced this is nothing but a coordinated alt-right nazi campaign, nothing will change over there.
Do you think it's a coincidence they initially abandoned NeoGAF once it turned 18?

giphy.gif

Papa

Banned
I don't think Celine posted this thread because she had "an axe to grind" with a ban or something. She even offered to let REE fix this problem quietly and they rejected it. This isn't about being angry, this is about outing pedophiles, which is a serious fucking thing.

"this thread" was not necessarily a direct reference to Celine. Look at how many people are popping back in or creating new accounts to air their grievances.

I've archived the Squiddo post over Resetera, just in case someone claim the screen captures are faked and taken "out of context" :

- Squiddo April 2018 https://archive.fo/HMOJV
- Squiddo Oct 2018 https://archive.fo/t2cQ5
- Squiddo Nov 2018 https://archive.fo/sIAe8 + https://archive.fo/iqrVP
- Squiddo March 2019 : https://archive.fo/zay27

Mind you, like I said in the previous post, Squiddo is just a small bone I threw to illustrate something wrong with their "Media Create Sales" Thread. Look at where we are now. From pedo tattoo, to pedo "mistakeS" confessions.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I'll share what a well-known gaming journalist said to me earlier, during a private conversation about this stuff. I'm not quoting words by words, but anyway : "I won't cover it because nobody cares about them. They're vastly irrelevant in the industry. I know about them by name just because Geoff seems to tease them to gather more streaming views for his events".

It has been the reactions of all the journalist I talked with (minus the Geoff comment). Someone even said to me Neogaf was covered everywhere because it was very influential, that it was a testimony of its success and how Resetera wasn't even 5% of what Neogaf was when it was brought down by medias.
This sounds like deflection to me. There’s more chance that they won’t cover it publically because either they are flaming SJWs themselves or they are too scared of the blowback.

These cowards ran with a no-evidence story about a guy and a girl naked in a shower, but “meh, no one cares about kiddie-fiddling”.

“Also, GAF was influential, but no one cares about Resetera, except when we write about their latest outrage campaign all the time, frequent their forum and shout them out on our podcasts. Go away pleb.”

Give me a break...

mid83

I can only speak for myself but I’m sure I’m not the only one who is interested in this story because of the hypocrisy. Here is a forum full of far left ideologues who go out of there way to not only oust anybody who isn’t on board with their particular ideology, but also are fine with people being doxxed, fired, or beat up for not being ideologically pure. They speak as if they are the true arbiters of morality and anybody who disagrees is a hate filled nazi or a pedophile in the case of anybody who works at THQ.

I don’t care if they want to create their own left wing SJW haven, that’s their prerogative. It’s a private site. What’s wrong is that they don’t stop there. They want lives ruined because of having differing ideologies or because somebody happens to support Trump. It’s insane.

So all of that said, it’s interesting to find out this group of self righteous lunatics have some pretty disgusting skeletons in their closet, especially given their long campaign to label THQ and their employees as pedophiles.

Plenty of reasons for people to be interested in seeing this cesspool implode.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
"It was just a tattoo". Bullshit.

Mind you, like I said in the previous post, Squiddo is just a small bone I threw to illustrate something wrong with their "Media Create Sales" Thread. Look at where we are now. From pedo tattoo, to pedo "mistakeS" confessions.
You literally did just post a tattoo. nush is the one who posted much more damning evidence.

If you have some leads, that's great. I've certainly enjoyed most of this thread. But leads have to be followed up with more evidence before it really becomes powerful. And instead of realizing that like any lawyer would, you seem super offended that people even politely play devil's advocate and ask for more evidence. It's bizarre.

Bwahaha

Neo Member
Do we know if Media Create Sales perhaps actually means something else? I don't understand why anyone would care that much over fucking weekly sales numbers in Japan. And yet every single week they get hundreds of responses....

Michele

you.
Do we know if Media Create Sales perhaps actually means something else? I don't understand why anyone would care that much over fucking weekly sales numbers in Japan. And yet every single week they get hundreds of responses....
Could it be an hidden way to get peoples in that server?

You literally did just post a tattoo. nush is the one who posted much more damning evidence.

If you have some leads, that's great. I've certainly enjoyed most of this thread. But leads have to be followed up with more evidence before it really becomes powerful. And instead of realizing that like any lawyer would, you seem super offended that people even politely play devil's advocate and ask for more evidence. It's bizarre.

I would never have throw people twitter accounts around if I wasn't able to back everything. That's what I've done since the beginning. I was aware of Squiddo "tendencies" and "mistakes", outside of the tattoo. It's just about playing it smart.

I would have honestly preferred for Squiddo to come here and tell us how his tattoo meant nothing. Just so I could drop the stuff I know and expose him.

I'll tell one thing more about those people : Internet is vast and this people leave a lot of footprints. You can browse the internet in a lot of ways. It's not just about google/firefox.

Last edited:

Media Create is just the name of the company who covers Japanese sales.

It's more about how some of them are so obsessed with japanese sketchy dating sim games and japan in general.

McCheese

Do you plan to still use and browse a place like Resetera? Why did an admin have no say over what the mods were banning people for? If most of you knew that the site's moderation acts insane, why did an Admin do nothing about that or the pedophilia content found in that server and elsehwere?

Sorry but secret discords like that are just automatically sketchy to me. There's no reason a sales discussion like that needed off topic discussion or not to be a public forum in the first place unless there was something to hide. Speaking of, I recommend you make a thread on Era explaining all of this as well and use your connections to get them to allow discussion so this doesnt look any more suspicious. Banning people from talking about it just makes them look more guilty.

This is resetera we are talking about.

you cannot have a two sided debate on that forum. If you present anything that isn't in line with their official ultra-left ideology, they will either ban you, or dehumanise you and have an admin approved dogpilling.

I can completely understand why many of their communities have created private discords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom