• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resetera and the pedo problem (updates)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa

Banned
Agreed.

Now what about the person who is being influenced to find the views of such persons agreeable, but could still be convinced of the good sense of healthy society if they were provided with superior arguments and welcomed to live a life of dignity? Do we label them a pervert and publicly shame them into the social circles of thieves, murderers, terrorists, and child molesters? Or do we demonstrate that we believe they can do better, they owe it to themselves to try and be better, and make an effort to implant good knowledge and expand their reasoning skills to take the pertinent factors of the issue into account so that they can see through the falsehoods of wicked persons and make for themselves the same good judgements that others make?

Re the bolded: yes.

Re the italicized: if their response to corrective shaming is to become a thief, murderer, terrorist or child molester, they must bear the consequences as it is their personal responsibility not to be any of these things.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Wait, did someone on Resetera kill an 8 year old and drop the body in a dumpster?

This thread is moving way too fast for NewGAF standards, and I can't tell what's real and what's mob hysteria at this point. Reminds me of something...

Papa

Banned
Wait, did someone on Resetera kill an 8 year old and drop the body in a dumpster?

This thread is moving way too fast for NewGAF standards, and I can't tell what's real and what's mob hysteria at this point. Reminds me of something...

Some of us are trying to have a rational discussion. You, on the other hand...

Dacon

Banned
I understand what you mean, but you seem to be doing exactly what people at ResetEra do regarding various "SJW" topics. That is, you find something absolutely in every slightly hinted way completely intolerable, drum up correlations and insinuations between those things and their words in your head, then on the confirmation of your presumptions alone, paint them as perpetrators of the worst deviancy.

If you want to make a properly reasoned argument you're going to have to deal with several key points of nuance that appear to have flown over your head so far:

1) They weren't saying "player" in the sexual social sense, but in the sense of playing a videogame. They were saying how a person close in age to a depicted character would find them attractive and that would not be questioned by anyone, but an older person playing the same game would be. Their point is that the same media would be considered morally permissible for some audiences and not others, and so to ban it on the basis of one demographic is not entirely sensible to them.

2) You are calling people attracted to 16-17 year olds pedophiles. I hate to break it to you, but people have been attracted to 16-17 year olds for millions of years. They are pointing to that reality and saying that to feel such things is not inherently immoral. You are then interpreting that statement as them trying to justify to themselves fantasies and/or sexual relations with persons of that age. This is not necessarily what some of them are saying. They may still believe that there are many psychological, social, and life development reasons to prohibit relations with such persons and that it is bad to cultivate such feelings through media. They may recognize that very clearly and maintain clear boundaries for themselves, and simply do not want to feel shamed for natural attractions they experience and keep under control.

3) Some did try to say that sex with teenagers is perfectly fine on account of the fact that it happens often. You may find this reprehensible, however it is true that it occurs often and is legal in many places in the world. If you wish to condemn this mindset, you should use better argumentation than a mere sentiment of moral outrage, the fact that the age of consent in your country is older, and moralistic grandstanding to publicly shame them. That will not change the mind of anyone who has these sorts of views, especially if their surrounding culture affirms their view. The social pressure of your presentation also does not in itself justify your position. If you believe something so strongly, you must have very good reasons for it, and if you have good reasons, you should by all means bother to articulate them. If no one articulates such things, then persons such as these will continue to consider normalization as dependent upon frequency rather than sound reason.

4) Before you jump on my ass to say I am defending them, I am not. I actually have extremely conservative views about the appropriate contexts for sexual relations, even so far as to say a husband and wife in their 30s may be failing to practice their sexuality with each other in healthy, moral ways. I am likely more cautious about sexual liberties than 99% of the population. However, in having conservative views myself, I understand the importance of not merely casting them upon everyone else as a blanket expectation and getting outraged when someone does not see life precisely as I do. If I am to hold anyone to a standard of mindset and practice, I must be willing to assist in equipping them with the understanding they may lack when it comes to upholding it. It is very silly to condemn someone for ignorance, and you set yourself on a path of endless outrage if you require a world of billions to all think and be like you.

I post this because I did not appreciate these sorts of heavy handed witch hunts on GAF before the split and I don't appreciate them at ResetEra and I don't appreciate them here now. Not with views of what standards make sexual relations appropriate, not with issues of race, not with issues of gender relations, not with issues of religion, not with issues of free speech, not with issues of demanded attention/respect/celebration of anyone in particular. It is a cowardly, passive-aggressive intimidation tactic to push people into hiding against a mob of emotional people who have thrown out all reason or patience to regard the other as worthy of engaging through the dignity of human intellect. It starts as an effort to silence and expel from the intellectual sphere but is historically followed by expulsion from the physical spheres of society, either by imprisonment or violence.

I believe we can do better. We don't have to be fascists or communists. We can be outraged and still use our brains to express precisely what we find outrageous. If we find something harmful and another does not, we can express to them where and how the harm occurs and in what ways they are mistaken to believe it does not. In making this effort rather than just letting them fall off the edge of our expectations, more persons remain in social engagement with a broader spectrum of viewpoints, they are more-likely to find moderation of their extreme views, and they are less-likely to become ostractized into their own secluded groups of likeminded persons where their views become more extreme and at times drift into terrible practices. If you believe your views are light and their are darkness, you ought to be willing to let that light illuminate the dark and lead people out of it. Many of the ills of our society take place because we let people slip away into the shadows too easily.

I am not accustomed to this level of discourse from you, I feel as though I have peered beyond the veil.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
But what about the victim themselves? Their family? You dont seems to be concerned
I am concerned. I am so concerned that I believe we should not simply wait for more people to be victimized, but should speak to people falling for wicked views before they act upon them and lead them to good sense, right understanding, and personal responsibility over their feelings of attraction.

You must understand, I AM THAT FAMILY. I'm not ignorant of this. However, simply throwing someone into prison or doing them harm (and trust me, I strongly had those feelings) doesn't take back what happened or heal the wounds or stop more of these evils from happening. The only thing that can do that is dispelling falsehoods that people buy into to justify them and equipping them with a right understanding of humanity, sexuality, and themselves before they get to decision points.

Re the bolded: yes.

Re the italicized: if their response to corrective shaming is to become a thief, murderer, terrorist or child molester, they must bear the consequences as it is their personal responsibility not to be any of these things.
This is where I strongly disagree that corrective shaming is effective. I think it is only effective to shut people up and make them secluded. It does not address the false views that are fooling them into finding something wicked to be acceptable. Are they fully responsible and morally culpable for their actions? Yes. However, they still could have been better guided to choose better reasoning and actions. The way to most effectively make that happen is to provide better reasoning for them to accept.

Can we still hold people accountable for not practicing the personal responsibility to properly reason through things and find that better reasoning for themselves? Absolutely. However, I am not talking about justifying or acquitting them, I am talking about legitimately living out our own commitment to try and secure the reality we most desire and advocate. If we demonstrate acquiescence to watch them drift into evil, we are somewhat hypocritical when we are outraged over that evil. If we truly stand for good, we should take the opportunities to make that stand when presented with them, not take the lazy way out of shoving people away the second they seem tainted by immoral reasoning.

I don’t think an argument is being made that the guy openly admitting to having a collection of genuine pedophilic erotica featuring 12-16 year olds is representative of everyone at Ree; I think the issue is that he did it in plain sight of moderators who, rather than attempting to address his clearly immoral behaviour, ignored it and attempted to silence the whistleblower. That implies that his views are sanctioned by the moderation team, which is obviously a problem.
That is fair.

Last edited:

GlamFM

Banned
Mod sanctioned glee about killing white babies is pretty extreme my dude. Plus the rampant anti-semitism.

I know you are a recovering victim of their abuse, but snap out of it, we support you.

Look, I asked for account termination on ERA because I couldn´t take it anymore, but that does not mean I have become irrational.

I consider myself level headed - that´s actually something I could not be on ERA anymore.

From what I understand (Neo)NeoGAF wants to be the home for people just like me.

Let´s be more than the AntiERA.

nikolino840

So many hollier than thou talking points here

Here let me present you a case

A child predator just murder and mutilated a young girl and throw her body in a dumpster

What are you going to say to the family victims?
The thread Is about those screenshot taked by celine not pedos around the world... Is One of the users of the screenshot have doing that?
Is not a general discussion
I have taken much of dislike,not here, becouse i agree on censoring lolicon stuff on steam or becouse i found dusgusting Marie rose of DOA

Tesseract

Banned
let's not be sanctimonious chumps

Agreed.

Now what about the person who is being influenced to find the views of such persons agreeable, but could still be convinced of the good sense of healthy society if they were provided with superior arguments and welcomed to live a life of dignity? Do we label them a pervert and publicly shame them into the social circles of thieves, murderers, terrorists, and child molesters? Or do we demonstrate that we believe they can do better, they owe it to themselves to try and be better, and make an effort to implant good knowledge and expand their reasoning skills to take the pertinent factors of the issue into account so that they can see through the falsehoods of wicked persons and make for themselves the same good judgements that others make?

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Some interesting viewpoints in here but great to see actual discussion

Some of bans for people calling this out on ree dont appear to be logged at all on the banbot and i could of sworn i saw posts simply vanish...but the kiwifarms site has been having some technical issues which is pretty convenient so there is no way to verify...anybody notice anything strange?
People who have nothing to hide generally dont go out of their way to make things vanish like images/videos/posts/users.

Airbus Jr

Banned
I am concerned. I am so concerned that I believe we should not simply wait for more people to be victimized, but should speak to people falling for wicked views before they act upon them and lead them to good sense, right understanding, and personal responsibility over their feelings of attraction.

You must understand, I AM THAT FAMILY. I'm not ignorant of this. However, simply throwing someone into prison or doing them harm (and trust me, I strongly had those feelings) doesn't take back what happened or heal the wounds or stop more of these evils from happening. The only thing that can do that is dispelling falsehoods that people buy into to justify them and equipping them with a right understanding of humanity, sexuality, and themselves before they get to decision points.

This is where I strongly disagree that corrective shaming is effective. I think it is only effective to shut people up and make them secluded. It does not address the false views that are fooling them into finding something wicked to be acceptable. Are they fully responsible and morally culpable for their actions? Yes. However, they still could have been better guided to choose better reasoning and actions. The way to most effectively make that happen is to provide better reasoning for them to accept.

Can we still hold people accountable for not practicing the personal responsibility to properly reason through things and find that better reasoning for themselves? Absolutely. However, I am not talking about justifying or acquitting them, I am talking about legitimately living out our own commitment to try and secure the reality we most desire and advocate. If we demonstrate acquiescence to watch them drift into evil, we are somewhat hypocritical when we are outraged over that evil. If we truly stand for good, we should take the opportunities to make that stand when presented with them, not take the lazy way out of shoving people away the second they seem tainted by immoral reasoning.

That is fair.

You seems like a good person

But holding hands together and sing Kumbaya doesnt make their crimes fade away in an instant

Theres a rule for that

If you commit crimes you go to jail simple as that

If they need every litle time to mourn or any moment of redemption they can have that in the prison

We cant just pat someone in the back and hug them after they rape/murder a litle kid

Last edited:

Dice

won't someone please think of the degenerate pedophiles
let's not be sanctimonious chumps
Again, it is not about justifying or acquitting anyone, but having commitment to the means which are most effective at minimizing the occurrence of these offenses in the world. Waiting for them to happen and then punishing the offenders is not the most effective means. Shame is less effective at preventative correction than thoughtful guidance through the issues toward better evaluations and conclusions. It is indeed more work, and yes there is a feeling of distaste for such persons and wanting to give up on them. However, it isn't about them, it's about minimizing these trends in the world and generating a positive counter trend.

But holding hands together and sing Kumbaya doesnt make their crimes goes away

Theres a rule for that

I don't think deterrence is the exclusive means nor the best means of minimizing their occurrence.

I feel like I'm repeating myself now and the disagreements are repeating themselves. It is also getting quite late here, so I'm out for the night.

Tesseract

Banned
Again, it is not about justifying or acquitting anyone, but having commitment to the means which are most effective at minimizing the occurrence of these offenses in the world. Waiting for them to happen and then punishing the offenders is not the most effective means. Shame is less effective at preventative correction than thoughtful guidance through the issues toward better evaluations and conclusions. It is indeed more work, and yes there is a feeling of distaste for such persons and wanting to give up on them. However, it isn't about them, it's about minimizing these trends in the world and generating a positive counter trend.

I don't think deterrence is the exclusive means nor the best means of minimizing their occurrence.

I feel like I'm repeating myself now and the disagreements are repeating themselves. It is also getting quite late here, so I'm out for the night.

like yeah dude, we should prevent crime

i'm not interested in hand holding these people to a brighter future, i want their genes wiped from reality

giphy.gif

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
captainraincoat captainraincoat kiwi has been getting DDoS'd for the last week or so I think. Voat is having problems of today though which is a coincidence maybe.
Dice Dice makes good points that should be heard and reflected on, however I think the sense of schadenfreude here will be too much for a lot of people who have been stung - given resetera's history of trying to be so sanctimonious and virtuous. They've largely escaped any sort of scrutiny that they deserve for their often hysterical, contradictory and downright nasty social media mobs. If they won't looking the mirror, sometimes it takes something like this to force them to. It also tests their principles, people wanted THQN banning from resetera for doing an AMA on 8chan......so what happens now? Do they abandon era as well - this might just be the tip of the iceberg, what happens in all the other discords. Will they 'handwave' it away, something they hate.

October 2017 - someone got into a shower and struck out with a girl. Chernobyl like fallout because of ...something
June 2019 - For a progressive site with heavy bans you can find quite easily (capped below), no one bats an eyelid there is an invite only discord of 'prominent members' that discuss very questionable topics about minors and what is sexually acceptable

tenor.gif

BMKKAih.png

YgH2bv2.png

r9zOHwT.png

nSY8AFb.png

unO6MWP.png

yVhdqbe.png

HutetxJ.png

Io5f7qc.png

mqIyMTV.png

B74n6Cr.png

VNuna4N.png

hV4l3yJ.png

captainraincoat captainraincoat kiwi has been getting DDoS'd for the last week or so I think. Voat is having problems of today though which is a coincidence maybe.
Dice Dice makes good points that should be heard and reflected on, however I think the sense of schadenfreude here will be too much for a lot of people who have been stung - given resetera's history of trying to be so sanctimonious and virtuous. They've largely escaped any sort of scrutiny that they deserve for their often hysterical, contradictory and downright nasty social media mobs. If they won't looking the mirror, sometimes it takes something like this to force them to. It also tests their principles, people wanted THQN banning from resetera for doing an AMA on 8chan......so what happens now? Do they abandon era as well - this might just be the tip of the iceberg, what happens in all the other discords. Will they 'handwave' it away, something they hate.

October 2017 - someone got into a shower and struck out with a girl. Chernobyl like fallout because of ...something
June 2019 - For a progressive site with heavy bans you can find quite easily (capped below), no one bats an eyelid there is an invite only discord of 'prominent members' that discuss very questionable topics about minors and what is sexually acceptable

tenor.gif

BMKKAih.png

YgH2bv2.png

r9zOHwT.png

nSY8AFb.png

unO6MWP.png

yVhdqbe.png

HutetxJ.png

Io5f7qc.png

mqIyMTV.png

B74n6Cr.png

VNuna4N.png

hV4l3yJ.png

i would say Yikes but thats a pun

Shows you there is defiantly 2 standards/ideals at play here

Dice

however I think the sense of schadenfreude here will be too much for a lot of people who have been stung - given resetera's history of trying to be so sanctimonious and virtuous. They've largely escaped any sort of scrutiny that they deserve for their often hysterical, contradictory and downright nasty social media mobs. If they won't looking the mirror, sometimes it takes something like this to force them to. It also tests their principles, people wanted THQN banning from resetera for doing an AMA on 8chan......so what happens now? Do they abandon era as well - this might just be the tip of the iceberg, what happens in all the other discords. Will they 'handwave' it away, something they hate.
I can see it, I guess. It probably was the main point for a lot of people. I’m totally removed from any entanglements with them or (for lack of a better term) identity politics of forum membership or grievances to want to stick it to em. I’d rather just make something good here and enjoy it.

Starfield

best way to describe it is that Gaf had a pretty big cancer growing a couple of years ago....it got cut out and that chunk crawled off and created a site called Resetera

The place went batshit when trump won and some of the mods and people teamed up and made this place an unbearable shithole (bans...stealth bans..reaction threads..pretty much Ree now) up until some bullshit
was dug up on evilore which everyone believed at the height of #meetoo and the mods then tried to take control of gaf on the back of...Evilore told them to fuck off...the mods went back to work de-stabilising this place...it was DDOSSED and this magical place where everyone can be free to post
and be happy appeared Resetera.com....as this place was down people began to migrate over there and now nearly 2 years later they have banned nearly 9000 people

Since that place has started Evilore rebuilt his modteam to kickass bunch of people and many of us that have stuck around are enjoying seeing this place come back to life and be an open and informative gaming forum
with a bit of old gaf humor thrown in

Thats a short summary...you can check out the thread here from start to finish which takes you through the journey...but just be warned...they pain both sides pretty bad but i think its an important step to see it from 2 angles
but the thread pretty much followed the cancer from here over to Era and its now the main source of entertainment (they created the banbot because of it)
The transition phase was the funniest ever, when people who went over to the other site just started straight up trolling here by posting furry porn or other weird shut just to get banned. Showing their true phases.

There was alot of furry porn in that time.

The transition phase was the funniest ever, when people who went over to the other site just started straight up trolling here by posting furry porn or other weird shut just to get banned. Showing their true phases.

Might be the entrance purity test they were talking about to be admitted in one of those channels. Who's the most degenerate?

Last edited:

Cato

Banned
Okay, so have your witch hunt and expose the discord chat to public outrage and shame. Now they'll find an even more secluded place for these kind of talks and only hold them with people they are certain have the same views. Now having no outside influence and feeling mutually dejected, they will find reasons to validate themselves and stir negative sentiment toward anyone who denies their views. They will become less open to having their minds changed by considering more factors to internally moderate themselves against their base impulses and more inclined toward allowing those base impulses to inform and define their accepted personal moral standards. Good job, you just helped push them closer to procuring clandestine prostitution from a teenager.

If you truly believe in something, focus on advocating and cultivating it, not on your disgust for the opposite.

Well, old man. The rules of the game are different now than when you were young.
Now it is take no prisoners total war. One side picked this strategy and the other side said "ok, you want it this way? game on".

For the pedos, what we can do is that once they are checked into club fed, they will never check out.
Over at Club Fed, these kind of people are pretty low on the pecking order and they are very accident prone.

On the same topic:
Once DrPizza checks in, I for one will make sure that other inmates get the papers they need.

Last edited:

ymoc

I've been thinking that the authoritarian moderation on resetera makes a lot more sense now.
It's a paranoid compulsion to keep things in check, which also includes having certain "polemics" under the radar.

Last edited:
M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, I remember seeing some pretty fucked up shit being posted. Where do those sick pricks find that shit?

Last edited by a moderator:

mid83

I think any group that is so extreme in their ideology that they refuse to tolerate differing opinions of views (left or right...doesn’t matter) are highly suspect for crap like this being rampant under the surface.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
You seems like a good person

But holding hands together and sing Kumbaya doesnt make their crimes fade away in an instant

Theres a rule for that

If they need every litle time to mourn or any moment of redemption they can have that in the prison

We cant just pat someone in the back and hug them after they rape/murder a litle kid
At no point has anyone here argued against punishing criminal behaviour. And for punishing very severely those who rape or even kill children. However preventive measures for pedophiles who have not performed any crimes still need to happen, because otherwise you have more such cases. In this thread, there is no person being discussed who has - to our knowledge - performed any crimes.

Just before I'm going to bed for a long sleep, I'm throwing out another small bit.

Remember that Resetera's member called "Casionet-scam" on the screencaps (Casiopao on Resetera), the one joking about craving for minors and going to jail for it ?

uA8Ohqjt_o.png

uJKWBZ9T_o.png

"Hey, it was a joke, you're seeing things that are not there" "You've taken that out of context", right ?

That's Casiopao Twitter account : https://twitter.com/casiopao (https://archive.fo/OWWXj in case he goes private)

Here's what you can find in it (video recording, because the archive don't let you browse the hidden image) :

Warning, NSFW video !

eUBJJytT_o.png

Here's some other comments of this Casiopao :

eUOLuCEH_o.png

(5 years old licking each others in some alluring pose, "soo cute" right ?) https://archive.fo/oA6wR

OIbXvq27_o.png

(Because what's wrong about an adult putting her boobs on a child's head ?) https://archive.fo/0aGoV

I don't know, maybe I'm just imagining things and I'm crazy ? Probably something to do with "context" or the child being depicted is probably a thousand years old dragon. Same about the "cats", probably.

Mind you, it's one member, among many of them and we're speaking about Twitter only, something very public for everyone to see. Everything is fine though, no need to investigate further, nothing to see /s

The less Resetera's staff want to talk about the matter, the more we should cover it. I'm going to bed now.

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
Just before I'm going to bed for a long sleep, I'm throwing out another small bit.

Remember that Resetera's member called "Casionet-scam" on the screencaps (Casiopao on Resetera), the one joking about craving for minors and going to jail for it ?

uA8Ohqjt_o.png

uJKWBZ9T_o.png

"Hey, it was a joke, you're seeing things that are not there" "You've taken that out of context", right ?

That's Casiopao Twitter account : https://twitter.com/casiopao (https://archive.fo/OWWXj in case he goes private)

Here's what you can find in it (video recording, because the archive don't let you browse the hidden image) :

Warning, NSFW video !

eUBJJytT_o.png

eUOLuCEH_o.png

(5 years old licking each others in some alluring pose, "soo cute" right ?) https://archive.fo/oA6wR

OIbXvq27_o.png

(Because what's wrong about an adult putting her boobs on a child's head ?) https://archive.fo/0aGoV

I don't know, maybe I'm just imagining things and I'm crazy ? Probably something to do with "context" or the child being depicted is probably a thousand years old dragon. Same about the "cats", probably.

Mind you, it's one member, among many of them and we're speaking about Twitter only, something very public for everyone to see. Everything is fine though, no need to investigate further, nothing to see /s

The less they want to talk about, the more we should cover it. I'm going to bed now.
Oh my goodness. They are so fucking vile.

mid83

I’ll probably regret asking, but what is the context behind the furry comments regarding ERA?

What a bunch of degenerates.

Ellis

A big enough news site takes the story and all the evidence Celine has gathered, then Era is completely done.
I highly doubt Cerium actually gives a fuck about that site. Just look at how it was founded in the first place. In it for that ad money, nothing else.

Last edited:

ShaneDH

Neo Member

uA8Ohqjt_o.png

uJKWBZ9T_o.png

Warning, NSFW video !

eUBJJytT_o.png

eUOLuCEH_o.png

OIbXvq27_o.png

The less Resetera's staff want to talk about the matter, the more we should cover it. I'm going to bed now.

That is some disturbing shit right there. I can't believe this is right out in the open on Twitter.

mid83

I'm also surprised no one over there has broken out of their chains and spammed the shit out of the forum with all of this.

Actually, I'm not surprised.

Most of them probably have no clue since mods are apparently nuking comments regarding any of this.

With that said, I doubt they would abandon ship if it was true. People like that are more worried about evil alt-right nazis using this as fuel than caring about the fact that they have cretins like this among their group. It’s ideology above all else for those people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom