• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your problem with reddit ? Honest question, I spend way too much time on it and I dig it most of the time.

She's right to insist on it, those stuff shouldn't happen. It's not even right vs left thing, it's just a matter of basic education : you don't slap ass of random person like that.

If the guy is doing that in public, in front of a camera, I don't even want to imagine how he behave in-private or at work.

You don't throw people in jail for an ass slap and you also shouldn't overreact like she's doing.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
You don't throw people in jail for an ass slap and you also shouldn't overreact like she's doing.
Just people looking for their 15 minutes of fame...

UTojBjo.png

nush

baaaaa

baaaaaa

Was just going to post that. OP knows exactly who Joe Rogan is, he's just looking for woke pats on the back.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Yeah, those nutjobs seem to think Joe Rogan is racist, when he's probably the least racist public figure out there. Dude is friends with and accepting of everybody.

But then again they think everyone is racist.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Yeah, those nutjobs seem to think Joe Rogan is racist, when he's probably the least racist public figure out there. Dude is friends with and accepting of everybody.

But then again they think everyone is racist.

They cancelled Joe Rogan when he had Alex Jones on.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
And the sun rose the next day and life continued on as normal after he had him on(multiple times).

Btw they tried to cancel Rogan. He can't be cancelled he's self-sustaining. Woke types hate that about him, they feel powerless to destroy someone and they can't handle it.

Last edited:
And the sun rose the next day and life continued on as normal after he had him on(multiple times).

Btw they tried to cancel Rogan. He can't be cancelled he's self-sustaining. Woke types hate that about him, they feel powerless to destroy someone and they can't handle it.
You would probably be surprised by how many "woke" types like Joe Rogan and enjoy his podcast. He's interesting because he has interesting people on and he's always genuinely interested in what they have to say.

In 2019, he has had 3 Democratic Presidential candidates on his podcast: Andrew Yang, Tulsi Gabbard, and Bernie Sanders. That's an impressive record and also shows how widely his audience reaches, including plenty of "woke" types.

The guy has done 1,391 of the things (as of this posting) so he must be doing something right. He has done it for so long, with so many guests of all kinds, and he has become one of the world's most popular podcasts with millions of views every episode.

Last edited:

nush

She's right to insist on it, those stuff shouldn't happen. It's not even right vs left thing, it's just a matter of basic education : you don't slap ass of random person like that.

If the guy is doing that in public, in front of a camera, I don't even want to imagine how he behave in-private or at work.

I for one hope that she gets the full support she needs to recover from such a traumatic event. She was very fortunate the camera was there to protect her from this guy. As who knows what he would have done to her if it wasn't being recorded.

benjipwns

Banned
In 2019, he has had 3 Democratic Presidential candidates on his podcast: Andrew Yang, Tulsi Gabbard, and Bernie Sanders.
So a white supremacist possible Republican, an alt-right Republican/Russian operative, and a creepy sexist racist Russian operative who worked to elect Trump.

He's interesting because he has interesting people on and he's always genuinely interested in what they have to say.
Not good enough, he needs to be fact checking their asses until they renounce their bigoted views instead of letting them manipulate the YouTube algorithim.

Do the math the Atari Jaguar has 64 er...

dwSXlHB.png

nush

When the lesson you're learning actually ISN'T the one you're being graded on.

jmtN7H4.png

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
So a white supremacist possible Republican, an alt-right Republican/Russian operative, and a creepy sexist racist Russian operative who worked to elect Trump.

Not good enough, he needs to be fact checking their asses until they renounce their bigoted views instead of letting them manipulate the YouTube algorithim.

dwSXlHB.png
I thought Joe Rogan had roughly 6 million listeners. Where’s this bloke getting 1 million from?

mango drank

Didn't Joe have Alex Jones on to basically be like, "Dude, I'm your friend and I'm concerned about you, you've always been a little out there, but lately you sound like you're developing a mental illness, the shit you're saying is preposterous, I'm checking you into a mental hospital?" Then Jones's followers accused Rogan of having been bought by the Illuminati or whatever predictable paranoid nonsense. I didn't know Jones's appearance was problematic for the far left too. Did they even listen to the episode?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
You would probably be surprised by how many "woke" types like Joe Rogan and enjoy his podcast. He's interesting because he has interesting people on and he's always genuinely interested in what they have to say.

In 2019, he has had 3 Democratic Presidential candidates on his podcast: Andrew Yang, Tulsi Gabbard, and Bernie Sanders. That's an impressive record and also shows how widely his audience reaches, including plenty of "woke" types.

The guy has done 1,391 of the things (as of this posting) so he must be doing something right. He has done it for so long, with so many guests of all kinds, and he has become one of the world's most popular podcasts with millions of views every episode.

I'm not surprised at all, but I don't consider them "woke types" I consider them normal people. Pretty much the only demographic that dislikes him is the FAR FAR left. Even just one far likely has a lot of people who like him.

drganon

baaaaa

baaaaaa
The Chad husband vs the virgin male coworker.

eot

Banned

baaaaa

baaaaaa
That first reply lol, pewdiepie with dat alt-right indoctrination

Imagine calling the prequel trilogy shit while liking the sequel trilogy. That's galaxy brain tier.

Kev Kev

Imagine calling the prequel trilogy shit while liking the sequel trilogy. That's galaxy brain tier.
Banned (permanent): Thread whining, false equivalency, we don’t like this opinion, SW topics is Era’s lifeblood and any opposition to them is offensive, we’re a gang of dip shits

Enjoy you’re ban motha fuckaaaahhhhh

#Phonepunk#

Banned

Imagine getting upset that people are criticising a 2 year old movie while you seemingly can’t get over movies that are 20 years old now

Saruhashi

Banned

dwSXlHB.png

Unbelievably stupid stuff.
These people know racism was a thing before the internet, right?

If anything I think having this massive free platform gives people an insight into the lives of others which actually reduces prejudice and hate.

I think that's the bit they just don't get.
Maybe you platform some awful guy and have a debate and he gains 1000 followers?
How many followers does he lose though?

The problem with de-platforming is that if the optics are wrong you make the de-platformed party look like a plucky underdog and this only instills a siege mentality in their supporters. Then it attracts other supporters who just like a fight. Then it gets attention anyway and you get a lot of neutrals saying "hang on, I actually want to hear what he has to say for himself now".

Imagine you are on the jury for a murder trial. You hear the prosecutions opening accusation. Then the defense gets up to speak and the prosecutor just goes nuts. Fuckin screeching, trying to pull the building fire alarm, ranting about the victims family feeling unsafe before finally demanding that the defense not be allowed to make their case. Any sane person thinks "something is off here" and any fair minded person then demands to hear the defense. Then you make up your own mind.

Rogan does a podcast that is not quite mainstream but also not excessively edgy. It's the kind of show where, really, you expect the hosts to say stuff that is sometimes insightful, sometimes gripping, sometimes a bit out there. That's like the "essence" of the show.

The problem with ResetEra is that one of the main struggles of the site is keeping people "on message". Certain things are not to be questioned. Not joked about. Not to be talked about in a fashion that is deemed "dismissive". Not to be argued with or contradicted.

Rogan is like the opposite of that. He will just let a guest talk absolute shit (Bob Lazar, for a non-political example) and say "woah" or "interesting" and the audience is free to observe and decide for themselves. That's good entertainment in a way and the show is supposed to be entertaining.

What Reeeee tries to do is fine in a controlled environment but the rest of the world is not a controlled environment. People are free to construct and express their own opinions and, for the most part, you are not able to just send them away.

So a Reee member overhears "trans athletes have an unfair advantage over biological female athletes" and their thought is where the hell did you hear that.
It's banned speech within the bubble but common sense without. So their thinking is that is the world was just like Reeee anyone holding this opinion should be banned and the source of the opinion should be removed.

Not realizing that anyone with any common sense can come to the same conclusion without Joe Rogan.

So, the OPs specific talking point about the opinion "hire the best minds, don't just hire diverse people" being right-wing somehow is a bit of an issue. First because it's kind of mundane, non-extreme, opinion and second because it's an opinion that a person could easily come up with on their own.

Are they telling me that Joe Rogan having a platform is the reason that some lady at some office somewhere thought "the best person for the job should be the one that we hire". Like as if her life experience doesn't consist of many situations where she had a choice and she decided "I choose the best one". Fucksakes.

The problem is that they, as a group, deal with opposing opinions by making them go away.
Anything seen as even remotely "off message" is dealt with instantly.
Certain content is banned outright, certain people are never to even be mentioned.
(This is also why they end up with so many trolls "hiding in plain sight" as absolute parodies of ReeetardEra posters.)
So it becomes harder and harder for them to relate to regular people because regular people are allowed to form and express their own opinions.

De-platforming would work for something like a guy who thinks 2+2=5. It's just wrong but of course he would be natural "de-platformed" as people just aren't going to listen. Certain other ideas cannot be de-platformed because people keep coming up with the same idea over and over again and independently. This is why you need discussion and debate.

You literally need to give neutrals the chance to see the discussion in action and see who comes out on top.

How many Atheists were once fully signed up religious believers?
How many of them drifted from religion simply because they saw debate and discussion happening and it swayed them.
Would it be fair and just to basically ban religious people from hearing anything that could shake their faith?
Just control exactly what they hear and who the hear it from so that they can't ever even have a chance to think the "wrong" thoughts?

They continually argue in favor of a totalitarian approach to discussion. It's so bad that you can't even point that out or you'll take a ban.
Don't talk about this. Don't ask about that. We need to do more because people are still saying stuff we don't want to ever hear.
Yet, they know all of the names of the biggest "alt-right" figures and they know all of their opinions.

Share a video critical of Star Wars and Cheebo with find you the 20 second clip from a 4 hour livestream where the guy who made the video you shared said "I agree" to a guy who made another series of videos and in one of those videos this other guy called Rose Tico a bitch. They are so well informed on who said something problematic and where and when and how they are related to other people we should all never listen to.

It's like some guy telling you alcohol is a gateway to all kinds of fucked up shit and you should be careful cos it messed up all these other people he knows... as he chugs down his 8th shot of whiskey before noon.

They are fucking delusional and they point blank refuse to perform any kind of introspection.

The truth is that for them Joe Rogan has to be "right wing" because otherwise you might see him thinking about stuff and talking about stuff and you might one day think it's just fine for you to also think for yourself.

They do the same with a whole number of videogame and pop culture related personalities also. Red Letter Media. Angry Videogame Nerd. Pewdiepie. Cos if you see these guys having a good time and not taking things too seriously then you might end up thinking that you can do that too. Then if you are laid back and unafraid and thinking for yourself you might end up telling these authoritarian assholes to fuck right off.

Last edited:

nush

Once again, legacy media knows where to farm clicks, likes, retweets and fart sniffers. As if some manufactured "Stage kid" is more important or taking more risks than the Hong Kong protestors. Perfect Era bait.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
You literally need to give neutrals the chance to see the discussion in action and see who comes out on top.

Would it be fair and just to basically ban religious people from hearing anything that could shake their faith?
Just control exactly what they hear and who the hear it from so that they can't ever even have a chance to think the "wrong" thoughts?
Not to reduce an amazing, well-considered post to a few sentences, but I wanted to reply to these gems specifically.

Even a few years ago. the Left seemed to comprehend the value of "optics". They gradually began using "the optics" as a cudgel. The most well-known examples would be when Trump does something in public and the Left would say "the optics on this look really bad", implying that Trump was guilty of such-and-such because of The Optics. They eventually realized (I doubt they do this unwittingly) that if you can whine about the optics, you can actually condemn someone based on public opinion alone. And the Left thought they were the first mob to stumble upon the mystical power, good thing they are on the Right Side of History! This is why they make empty excuses wielding this anti-Western, anti-American power (democracy was invented to turn the violent mob action of the public into a peaceful casting of a vote).

Enter #metoo.

This power of optics evolved further into an alternate-reality narrative, founded on bad premises, reinforced by an eager media artifice.

It is how we now have people seriously invoking "court of public opinion" as a valid source of authority.

Public debate and discussion is the cornerstone of democracy. You can't freely vote if you don't have free access to information about the issues at hand. You can't freely vote if you are publicly scorned for expressing certain thoughts and opinions. People often change their minds based on what they read someone else saying (if this wasn't the case, social media would not have such influence as it does).

Your comparison to atheism/religion and controlling religious people from hearing anything that could shake their faith...

I mean, that is literally what ERA is attempting. Some religious people will restrict their kids from watching certain movies or hanging out with certain people out of fear of their child being "corrupted". Then they figure that the rest of the world should be protected from these threats, too, which is why concerned mothers wanted Grand Theft Auto and DOOM kept on a leash. Videogames were a punk-rock middle-finger in the eyes of the puritans from the Evangelical Christian bloc within the Republicans. It's funny that videogames are now an "alt-right neoNazi platform" in the eyes of the puritans within the marxist Left.

Not to reduce an amazing, well-considered post to a few sentences, but I wanted to reply to these gems specifically.

Even a few years ago. the Left seemed to comprehend the value of "optics". They gradually began using "the optics" as a cudgel. The most well-known examples would be when Trump does something in public and the Left would say "the optics on this look really bad", implying that Trump was guilty of such-and-such because of The Optics. They eventually realized (I doubt they do this unwittingly) that if you can whine about the optics, you can actually condemn someone based on public opinion alone. And the Left thought they were the first mob to stumble upon the mystical power, good thing they are on the Right Side of History! This is why they make empty excuses wielding this anti-Western, anti-American power (democracy was invented to turn the violent mob action of the public into a peaceful casting of a vote).

Enter #metoo.

This power of optics evolved further into an alternate-reality narrative, founded on bad premises, reinforced by an eager media artifice.

It is how we now have people seriously invoking "court of public opinion" as a valid source of authority.

Public debate and discussion is the cornerstone of democracy. You can't freely vote if you don't have free access to information about the issues at hand. You can't freely vote if you are publicly scorned for expressing certain thoughts and opinions. People often change their minds based on what they read someone else saying (if this wasn't the case, social media would not have such influence as it does).

Your comparison to atheism/religion and controlling religious people from hearing anything that could shake their faith...

I mean, that is literally what ERA is attempting. Some religious people will restrict their kids from watching certain movies or hanging out with certain people out of fear of their child being "corrupted". Then they figure that the rest of the world should be protected from these threats, too, which is why concerned mothers wanted Grand Theft Auto and DOOM kept on a leash. Videogames were a punk-rock middle-finger in the eyes of the puritans from the Evangelical Christian bloc within the Republicans. It's funny that videogames are now an "alt-right neoNazi platform" in the eyes of the puritans within the marxist Left.

This is an interesting read.

There was a thread asking Era members if they will be seen as "the baddies" by future gens. It's a delusional take as they believe future generations will go in the same direction as they go in. The truth of the matter is that culture of all countries shows cycles of Orthodoxy > Counter Culture > Counter Culture becoming the New Orthodoxy > New Counter Culture rises. Repeat. Very rarely is there a true reformation that continues the previous establishment. Chances are, future generations would reject the regressive and authoritarian drive reflected in RE today.

To bring this back to your point, the harder they grip onto their power.... it's like sand, they will lose it. They have no real backing to this power except for online tantrums and an ideological based moderation team. People will be disenfranchised and banned and begin switching to the counter culture. It's only a matter of time that the counter culture overtakes them. You already see the cracks forming because they hold no real power nor have internally consistent logic on their side. Their arguments are floundering. They are not growing. They keep returning to the same well. If moderation at Era was rational and normal, the vocal fringe would have been deposed by consensus of users by now who just want to freely talk about video games.

Last edited:

Thabass

This is an interesting read.

There was a thread asking Era members if they will be seen as "the baddies" by future gens. It's a delusional take as they believe future generations will go in the same direction as they go in. The truth of the matter is that culture of all countries shows cycles of Orthodoxy > Counter Culture > Counter Culture becoming the New Orthodoxy > New Counter Culture rises. Repeat. Very rarely is there a true reformation that continues the previous establishment. Chances are, future generations would reject the regressive and authoritarian drive reflected in RE today.

To bring this back to your point, the harder they grip onto their power.... it's like sand, they will lose it. They have no real backing to this power except for online tantrums and an ideological based moderation team. People will be disenfranchised and banned and begin switching to the counter culture. It's only a matter of time that the counter culture overtakes them. You already see the cracks forming because they hold no real power nor have internally consistent logic on their side. Their arguments are floundering. They are not growing. They keep returning to the same well. If moderation at Era was rational and normal, the vocal fringe would have been deposed by consensus of users by now who just want to freely talk about video games.

To put it in some video game terms and I love to use this comparison:

It's exactly as Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty put it. Era are The Patriots. Trying to control the flow of digital information. In this case, they're trying to control how people behave, not just on the internet but in society as a whole. A "Selection of Societal Sanity" of sorts.

I akin NeoGAF to the Sons of Liberty. A small government minded, freedom based organization that allows a more freely diverse group of people tackle a range of subjects without being hounded by moderation at all times.

FUBARx89

When the lesson you're learning actually ISN'T the one you're being graded on.

jmtN7H4.png

I can't take that seriously.

Straw that broke the glass and coup the grace?

Does he seriously expect people to take him seriously and think he's intelligent when he can't even get a simple common idiom correct or coup de grâce.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
If these trends continue.... BAM! :messenger_fearful:

jgSa0mN.jpg
Lol love how these idiots minds work. Racists are created when you have one on a podcast and then people research them. Instant racist! Has nothing at all to do with their parents or where they grew up or anything. Media creates racists!

I don’t get it do these people think humans are empty vessels that can be programmed through secret code words? Fucking lunatics

Jeeves

It's something else how they essentially commandeered a large audience of gaming enthusiasts and used it as a Trojan horse for their ideology. I don't know if I should credit them for consciously planning that, but that's more or less what's happened.

What's interesting to me is seeing how people changed after spending time in the environment that was created there (well, gestated here and birthed there). I think a lot of them used to be like anyone else, but they gradually took in these radical ideas via osmosis, and before they knew it they themselves became radicalized. Now many of them are in too deep to get out because...I don't know, there may be some sort of sunk cost fallacy going on there. If they challenge themselves to think any differently now, they will lose their standing in the community that they've grown attached to, and they know it.

If I were a person more easily swayed by suggestion, the same might have happened to me. I've always tried to keep an open mind to new ideas and not be judgemental. So I hung around there, observing and trying to give their ideas the benefit of the doubt even though I didn't immediately agree with them. "Well, maybe if I stick around long enough, someone will say it in a way that makes sense to me and I can finally understand their viewpoint". But most of the beliefs they're known for never took root in me, and I eventually turned my back to them after noticing that time and again they weren't interested in hosting honest discussion.

It's as if they hold so little real conviction in the strength of their own arguments that they just flat out don't want themselves or anyone else to be exposed to anyone criticizing them. They're afraid of seeing a youtube video that might include a 'related video' that might challenge their way of thinking. They're afraid that if they expose themselves to something like that, they'll be influenced by it just as easily as they were influenced by Era, except this time they'll be denounced by their friends for being influenced.

This is all while claiming to have been "awoken" to the realities of the world. It's pitiable irony that they've been gradually programmed to surrender their own thoughts. Truly insidious. I can only hope that when the pendulum swings back they can reclaim their own heads.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Lol love how these idiots minds work. Racists are created when you have one on a podcast and then people research them. Instant racist! Has nothing at all to do with their parents or where they grew up or anything. Media creates racists!

I don’t get it do these people think humans are empty vessels that can be programmed through secret code words? Fucking lunatics
If only they controlled the means of producing entertainment and news, then only the correct messages would get through and only the correct people would get interviews. It is dangerous for society to be exposed to all this wrongthink.

It reveals how ignorant they are of history and how superior they view themselves compared to others (who they truly believe are too stupid to know what is best for them), a dangerous combination for a mob.

It's something else how they essentially commandeered a large audience of gaming enthusiasts and used it as a Trojan horse for their ideology. I don't know if I should credit them for consciously planning that, but that's more or less what's happened.

What's interesting to me is seeing how people changed after spending time in the environment that was created there (well, gestated here and birthed there). I think a lot of them used to be like anyone else, but they gradually took in these radical ideas via osmosis, and before they knew it they themselves became radicalized. Now many of them are in too deep to get out because...I don't know, there may be some sort of sunk cost fallacy going on there. If they challenge themselves to think any differently now, they will lose their standing in the community that they've grown attached to, and they know it.

If I were a person more easily swayed by suggestion, the same might have happened to me. I've always tried to keep an open mind to new ideas and not be judgemental. So I hung around there, observing and trying to give their ideas the benefit of the doubt even though I didn't immediately agree with them. "Well, maybe if I stick around long enough, someone will say it in a way that makes sense to me and I can finally understand their viewpoint". But most of the beliefs they're known for never took root in me, and I eventually turned my back to them after noticing that time and again they weren't interested in hosting honest discussion.

It's as if they hold so little real conviction in the strength of their own arguments that they just flat out don't want themselves or anyone else to be exposed to anyone criticizing them. They're afraid of seeing a youtube video that might include a 'related video' that might challenge their way of thinking. They're afraid that if they expose themselves to something like that, they'll be influenced by it just as easily as they were influenced by Era, except this time they'll be denounced by their friends for being influenced.

This is all while claiming to have been "awoken" to the realities of the world. It's pitiable irony that they've been gradually programmed to surrender their own thoughts. Truly insidious. I can only hope that when the pendulum swings back they can reclaim their own heads.
In the event that the group/forum collapses and they are scattered (due to the fragility of their movement), the true believers tend to move on to a new mass movement without self-reflecting. Many people do not truly hang up their KKK hood or neo-Nazi tattoo or pink hair Antifa mask or whatever identifier is being used. They were radicalized because they lacked the ability to see nuance and to endure cognitive dissonance, so they aren't likely to suddenly start paying attention to cognitive dissonance.

Once gaming gets over its SJW problem, you can expect to see these exact people and these exact standpoints wearing new sheep's clothing randomly popping up in other places. That's not a controversial prediction, seeing how that's exactly how their marxist roots have continued spreading since the mid-19th century.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
This weekend I drove a 26ft moving truck 14.5 hours one day and 6 hours the next because my dad was afraid to. Got through a lot of my Rogan backlog. I don’t remember any of his guests saying anything remotely racist, but I do think they were all fairly intelligent people that made me rethink my points of view on various issues. Veganism, for example, sounds much more viable to me having listened to James Wilks’ rebuttal to Chris Kresser. I won’t do it because meat and dairy are delicious, but the science was fascinating, even if Wilks was needlessly aggressive at times. I don’t, however, think I caught the racism from my listening.

JordanN

Banned
In yet another case of Reset's racist driven fury, it's all white people's fault again.

N9TRl4D.png

Remember, Boomer is anyone who was born between 1946 ~ 1964. While you could make the argument that their childhoods existed under Jim Crow, it is asinine to say they had no opportunities after they hit 18 years old.

And of course, this is a USA perspective. Africa, South America, Asia don't exist in a vacuum and plenty of non-whites were of age when dictatorships or civil wars had been common.

Case and point, we have a non-white Boomer right now who rules over a country that is starving.

FDlCexO.jpg

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member

(y)This is a good post

And I think it's more evident when some slowly find their way back here and you can see the complete maniacal intent to run into threads and start 'converting' people or seeking that validation. Meanwhile, the rest of GAF are watching them like an erratic Homer:

giphy.gif

It's a shame as although I definitely don't miss wading through five pages of shitty comments here, I do miss the often insightful and informed opinion some of those caught in the crossfire brought. To the credit of people here though, I think we now have some great members who do offer some real insight and have helped rebuild over time. Even the shitposters are like dogs we feed under the table (well, most anyway). I think it's a real shame more of those types aren't finding the will or desire to break free. This thread provides a bit of fun and astonishment but there are people being banned from that site and being called things like racists, bigots and having their morals questioned over something so inocuous. And that's where my opinion sort of changes about these people. It's like

giphy.gif

At that point you're essentially an enabler of this behaviour and community. I mean here, you have a mod saying that bigotry is rampant across the website pretty much and it's a concern. So you've created this massive safe space, a forum that has a reputation for zero tolerance policies on *ism, *ists and yet bigotry is a massive concern cross the site. Maybe reflect on that a little. Either you've widened the scope of 'bigotry' to ridiculous levels or your site is just full of raging hate mobs.....

VvYpi7P.png

I think ultimately this is a lot of people's main interactions with others and they just walk round with all this pent up frustration and rage about how life does them down, and their only escape is this internet representation of who they are. If that gets questioned or is allowed to be proven wrong, that one ounce of power or recognition in their lives is gone. And the only way to build relationships in this environment is via unequivocal support. And for a forum that talks so much about white fragility, they need to turn that microscope inwards. I've never seen a mod team with such fragility in my life. They are basically being managed by proxy by the equivalent of a small global elite in the oppressed users/posters of the site. They snap their fingers and the mod team jump to attention, because it's a co-dependent relationship. The mods give power to those squealing idiots via proxy and in return they get fawned over and put on pedestals. And it is this fragility is why you see any criticism of the decisions or team closed or 'taken to PM'

They are socially - and behaviourally - very immature people, by and large.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
The problem with ResetEra is that one of the main struggles of the site is keeping people "on message". Certain things are not to be questioned. Not joked about. Not to be talked about in a fashion that is deemed "dismissive". Not to be argued with or contradicted.

Anything seen as even remotely "off message" is dealt with instantly.
Certain content is banned outright, certain people are never to even be mentioned.

How many Atheists were once fully signed up religious believers?
How many of them drifted from religion simply because they saw debate and discussion happening and it swayed them.

It's exactly as Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty put it. Era are The Patriots. Trying to control the flow of digital information. In this case, they're trying to control how people behave, not just on the internet but in society as a whole. A "Selection of Societal Sanity" of sorts.

Yeah, the sweetest irony is that Era is literally the mother in this famous comic:

influence1.gif

Yet they love this comic and every photoshop of it where the mother is some presumed alt-right prominent person.

At the same time, it's incredible how Era loves MGS2's message and keeps quoting it without realizing that they, and not their "enemies", are the ones doing the Patriots' work exactly like the game explains.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
In yet another case of Reset's racist driven fury, it's all white people's fault again.

N9TRl4D.png

Remember, Boomer is anyone who was born between 1946 ~ 1964. While you could make the argument that their childhoods existed under Jim Crow, it is asinine to say they had no opportunities after they hit 18 years old.

And of course, this is a USA perspective. Africa, South America, Asia don't exist in a vacuum and plenty of non-whites were of age when dictatorships or civil wars had been common.

Case and point, we have a non-white Boomer right now who rules over a country that is starving.

FDlCexO.jpg
The boomer thing is hilarious cos they are all convinced they have it so much harder than those boomers! You know, the same people that went through Vietnam and the Civil Rights Movement. Modern pissants are insisting they have it worse off, because of economics or something.

It only reveals their narcissism and true lack of empathy.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
JJ joining the chorus alongside Isaac and Boyega in saying slightly non-glowing things about TLJ and this is raising the Reee alarm pretty fierce
PopQuiz

And while I’m happy the cast can speak their mind on stuff like this or Isaac’s comments on FinnPoe, I also hope the cast is responsible enough to understand the context of their comments in relation to the trolls that harassed Kelly and Daisy off social media.
you hear that, minority cast! you better think about the alt right before you speak out! if you aren't 100% greasing up and bending over you are not being "responsible enough".
Meowster

8 minutes ago

NGL, I think some of these comments are a bit unprofessional and rude to a crew that you worked with, even if there are some points made. 👀
you hear that, minority actors? just shut up and do your job. you speaking your mind is "unprofessional". just think of the poor camera man whose feelings you hurt by saying your character was shit in the last movie.

not a good look to second guess The Perfect Genius Rian Johnson. just be happy being a space janitor and don't talk back!

Last edited:

Thabass

JJ joining the chorus alongside Isaac and Boyega in saying slightly non-glowing things about TLJ and this is raising the Reee alarm pretty fierce

you hear that, minority cast! you better think about the alt right before you speak out! if you aren't 100% greasing up and bending over you are not being "responsible enough".

you hear that, minority actors? just shut up and do your job. you speaking your mind is "unprofessional". just think of the poor camera man whose feelings you hurt by saying your character was shit in the last movie.

not a good look to second guess The Perfect Genius Rian Johnson. just be happy being a space janitor and don't talk back!

HOW DARE YOU CRITICIZE IN 2019!

There is so much anti-TLJ stuff going on over there right now, it's hilarious.

Did anyone else notice all the Mods seemed to change their avatars to TLJ avatars recently? LOL

Uh oh.. someone page FeistyBoots! There are potentially MURDEROUS THREATENING HORRIBLE images in this thread that are literally killing transpeople. Get them removed STAT!

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
There is so much anti-TLJ stuff going on over there right now, it's hilarious.

Did anyone else notice all the Mods seemed to change their avatars to TLJ avatars recently? LOL

They're a little late to the party after the YouTubers who first said "I love The Last Jedi" and then changed to hating it when it made them money. Maybe this is Cerium's new plan to save Era? Blue haired mods yelling into webcams about how bad TLJ is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom