• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa

Banned
I generally agree with the idea that just about anything should be fair game for a joke if it can be made funny, but I guess I just am unable to find the humor in a "joke" that hinges on what appears to be a murder fantasy.

I honestly can’t fathom why you are exaggerating it to “murder fantasy”. He essentially said that they’re welcome to make good on their threats but he will defend himself if it comes to it, which obviously wouldn’t end well for the attackers. How is that a murder fantasy? Self-defense is not murder.

Barsinister

Banned
I honestly can’t fathom why you are exaggerating it to “murder fantasy”. He essentially said that they’re welcome to make good on their threats but he will defend himself if it comes to it, which obviously wouldn’t end well for the attackers. How is that a murder fantasy? Self-defense is not murder.

Yeah, it's demonstrating the absurdity of something by being absurd.

It's funny when you go back and watch movies and find them relevant to today

Sasha baren Cohen basically portrays your average reee poster

Could not find an unmolested version of this but this essentially answers the question about males giving birth

JordanN

Banned
Resetters want an independent Scotland.

lL3g6Ut.png

I say go for it. Give the SJW's a chunk of land and let them all cannibalize each other to death. It's maybe then we'll finally have world peace.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Resetters want an independent Scotland.

lL3g6Ut.png

I say go for it. Give the SJW's a chunk of land and let them all cannibalize each other to death. It's maybe then we'll finally have world peace.

They do. It is called Los Angeles. And Portand. And San Francisco. And Austin.

I'd be fine letting Scotland leave to be honest. If only to see their representatives squirm without being able to fall back on UK government funded luxuries like:

- Free university
- Free prescriptions
- Free early childcare
- Free dental care
- Having to fund their own military entirely
- Dealing with sizable employment losses because of civil services vacancies not being required anymore, which makes up a huge chunk of their employment figures
- Not being able to lean back on an established british currency as a safety net and having to transition over to something else

This is the same Scottish government who had their first attempt at an independence referendum quashed when a majority voted to stay. Scotland is like a financial black hole for the UK at the moment, very little return for what's put in. Would be nice to have the country's wallet freed up a little for the more sustainable regions of the country.

Shows you how uneducated ResetEra's usual political armchair analysts are on what a united front actually provides for Scotland and how they have a helluva lot more to lose than the rest of the Isle!

Last edited:
Last edited:

Thabass

Sigh

I love how these authoritarian puritans keep shitting om Xenoblade 2, while ignoring that Xenogears had all that 'pandering' already. Also 'panderung = sexual content, such an inane attitude. 🤦‍♀️

Can I shit on Xenoblade 2 because it sucks?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Watch out, we got ourselves a badass here.

yNFOtUC.png

Yeah, I'm sure Boris Johnson will take marching orders from some random internet shut in who doesn't know how to fight. /s :pie_eyeroll:

Oh, and having a Fatal Fury/Kirby avatar doesn't count as fighting experience. :ROFLMAO:

They are having a colonialism/sovereignty mental gymnastics moment. It’s beautiful to witness the lack of self awareness.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be fine letting Scotland leave to be honest. If only to see their representatives squirm without being able to fall back on UK government funded luxuries like:

- Free university
- Free prescriptions
- Free early childcare
- Free dental care
- Dealing with sizable employment losses because of civil services vacancies not being required anymore, which makes up a huge chunk of their employment figures
- Not being able to lean back on an established british currency as a safety net and having to transition over to something else

This is the same Scottish government who had their first attempt at an independence referendum quashed when a majority voted to stay. Scotland is like a financial black hole for the UK at the moment, very little return for what's put in. Would be nice to have the country's wallet freed up a little for the more sustainable regions of the country.

Shows you how uneducated ResetEra's usual political armchair analysts are on what a united front actually provides for Scotland and how they have a helluva lot more to lose than the rest of the Isle!

Seriously... They'd go from being part of the United Kingdom to... some small insignificant country in the EU.

Seriously... They'd go from being part of the United Kingdom to... some small insignificant country in the EU.

The Eu have already said they won't take Scotland because it wouldn't have an established Currency.

They can't use the British Sterling because the bank of England told them to get to fuck.

So ignoring all of the free shit they get, Scotland would also lose rights to all of their oil fields, fishing waters and currency. Whew, what a swell future.

benjipwns

Banned
They have a bunch of people who are "verified" but there's no tag describing what they are or the company. Somebody mentioned this in the "Community Affairs" thread and the answer was basically "TRUST US" as if it makes any sense:
QyBGCwe.png

Similar to Hobbes is bluexy who is a "verified Freelance Games Journalist" with 316 followers and other than Twitter/ResetERA.com has this body of work: http://bluexy.net/

But the thing is, he's not a "freelance writer" as his own Twitter profile states he's a STAFF WRITER at GameRant where he republishes news like everywhere else regularly: https://gamerant.com/author/rory/

He doesn't even use the more authoritative "verified" tag. The whole thing makes no sense. And as we've seen in the past the staff can unilaterally revoke the "verified" tag from developers. AND Hecht will use their information to expose them.

Last edited:

Flintty

- Free university
- Free prescriptions
- Free early childcare
- Free dental care

Exactly this. I don’t think they realise how good they have it, especially compared to England where we actually pay for prescriptions and University. I’m baffled how this is so widely accepted. So much for a United Kingdom. Let them go it alone and see how they get on.

nush

- Free university
- Free prescriptions
- Free early childcare
- Free dental care

Hold on a moment, I've just been reminded of a documentary I watched a long time ago that surmised that the north sea oil fields should/perhaps/maybe belong to Scotland and would do if they were an independent country. Quick Google.

lets see who squirms if Scotland can get that oil money once they leave. This is a hypothetical quick pass surface level observation and not a deep dive.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
ROS being a bomb is going to provide plenty of laughs. Already they are prepared to throw it under the bus because the movie “listened to the alt right” or some such conspiracy.

You heard correct, wanting a film series to do bad so that it makes people mad. And these are the “non toxic” fans!

TheHunter
13 minutes ago
NHarmonic. said:
Anti TLJ and sidelines characters like Rose... so it fulfills the wishes of the toxic minority crowd that whined since TLJ was released.

I was expecting crap but this is confirmation.
I kinda hope it does worse financially than TLJ.

Just to spite them.
let-the-hate-flow-through-you-emperor-palpatine-meme.jpg

The irony of Rian fucking up so bad that JJ has to do his homework as well, then SJWs thinking the movie sucks for the opposite reason than they imagine. LOL just clueless

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
ROS being a bomb is going to provide plenty of laughs. Already they are prepared to throw it under the bus because the movie “listened to the alt right” or some such conspiracy.

You heard correct, wanting a film series to do bad so that it makes people mad. And these are the “non toxic” fans!

The irony of Rian fucking up so bad that JJ has to do his homework as well, then SJWs thinking the movie sucks for the opposite reason than they imagine. LOL just clueless
Seriously. Disney, of all companies, listening to the alt-right. Disney.

Sometimes I have the hardest of times believing RE isn’t half trolls at this point. It’s just... too much.

Further evidence that this group was lying through their collective teeth when they said they just wanted representation, they just wanted to see themselves on-screen more, they just wanted to be more involved in pop-culture.

Nope, they wanted total control, exactly like some pointed out for years.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Ah they are pretending the Fandom Menace wrote the movie LOl

Love how “the haters” are just a tiny minority but also his giant globe spanning corporation drastically changed their movie to cater to them. Yeah it’s not that TLJ was a shitshow that turned off millions of people. Couldn’t be 😂

ah it does feel so good to have everyone who said “you had dumb expectations” to get the same thrown back in their face. How’s your head canon treating you now?

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned
Ah they are pretending the Fandom Menace wrote the movie LOl

Love how “the haters” are just a tiny minority but also his giant globe spanning corporation drastically changed their movie to cater to them. Yeah it’s not that TLJ was a shitshow that turned off millions of people. Couldn’t be 😂

ah it does feel so good to have everyone who said “you had dumb expectations” to get the same thrown back in their face

Awesome.
I was wondering how they would react to Episode 9.
Figured they would at least wait and see how "The Fandom Menace" reacted and then respond accordingly.
I wonder how many of them have felt a bit left out since TLJ hate is so much fun and so they were absolutely dying to jump on this one no matter what.

It's like they are trying to jump in and stake their claim on hating the new one first. Hoping that the "alt-right russian troll bots" won't just say "we hate it too".

"Geeks + Gamers" already has their review out and they basically trashed it.
So it's not going to go down with TLJ "haters" deciding that they love Star Wars now and the brave Reeeee defenders showing how the new rubbish Star Wars pandered to the "wrong people" and isn't as good as TLJ.

It's gonna be amazing to see how this all plays out now.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Man, I don't even think RE is Disney fans so much as they are Rian Johnson fans... wtf.

Looper wasn't that good.
Looper was awful.

The time travel killing was weird enough.

Then mid way through the movie it turns out people have uber psychic powers.

Next time there is a Terminator movie, time travel warriors are always standard. But for the next story why not add in zombies, aliens from Neptune, or ESP clerics into the fight.

Looper was awful.

The time travel killing was weird enough.

Then mid way through the movie it turns out people have uber psychic powers.

Next time there is a Terminator movie, time travel warriors are always standard. But for the next story why not add in zombies, aliens from Neptune, or ESP clerics into the fight.

Yep. That's my point.

Who looked at that movie and said, "This is the future for Star Wars"? Who, then, stans for that director from now on?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I honestly didn't know people like this existed. Every atheist I've known still celebrates Christmas.

• Triggered
Reactions: GHG
I honestly didn't know people like this existed. Every atheist I've known still celebrates Christmas.

OH man that whole thread is gold. Worth reading. So many people saying they need a lawyer! Targeted harassment! Oh never change REEsetera.

jason10mm

Gold Member

Replace bible with Koran and the OP is banned for life! Or folks would dogpile him for not reading it to broaden his kids cultural awareness and acceptance.

Who complains about free gifts? And just toss the bible...er hate speech into the trash!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Oh my god... This can't be real, can it?

I'm getting a bit paranoid, it recently came out to the school that we are atheists (everyone in my 6 year olds class was practicing for a Christmas sing along and she matter of fact told the teacher we don't celebrate Christmas and was put in a separate classroom with 3 other 1st graders who don't celebrate for one reason or another) and the timing of all this seems really suspicious...

Imagine ostracizing your 1st grade child like that for no other reason than that you want signal that you don't believe in a religion.

Last edited by a moderator:

nush

He could have doubled down on the outrage if he'd have raged about the gender specific toy as well. Missed out on some additional woke points.

Ol'Scratch

Trump impeachment threads are popping up allover reeee....they are so happy

RT6Pj8U.jpg

MSIl5Wt.gif

TYcGSZj.jpg
I am genuinely not understanding the circle jerk of fucktardery going on over there. This quite literally does nothing, in fact I still strongly believe the fact that they put so much time and energy on this instead of 2020 locks Trump for the win. No matter what he will still be president, he will still get a president's retirement even IF he does not win 2020, he will still be shitting on gold toilets and owning buildings with his name and sleeping on stacks of money. I literally picture the idiots clutching their big anime pillows and disability checks in their shut in rooms with impotent tears of joy in their eyes

I am genuinely not understanding the circle jerk of fucktardery going on over there. This quite literally does nothing, in fact I still strongly believe the fact that they put so much time and energy on this instead of 2020 locks Trump for the win. No matter what he will still be president, he will still get a president's retirement even IF he does not win 2020, he will still be shitting on gold toilets and owning buildings with his name and sleeping on stacks of money. I literally picture the idiots clutching their big anime pillows and disability checks in their shut in rooms with impotent tears of joy in their eyes
I have no real stake in this also as I'm Aussie but from the outside it seems the opposition to him could not organise a root in a brothel let alone stand together and offer a good challenge to him

Im probably left leaning if you were to categorize me but I find it hilarious that people are triggered so much by him and his little red caps

RevengeOfToonces

Neo Member

Most of them are smart enough to know this was just a foregone conclusion prior to it getting immediately shot in the face once it reaches the senate. It'll just be really interesting if Biden gets the nomination. As Joe Biden, how do you run against Donald Trump without coming off as a giant hypocrite? Joe's on camera bragging about doing exactly what house Democrats are impeaching Trump over through hearsay evidence. Twitter's going nuts, but as of this post, Trump's over an hour and a half into having the time of his life at a rally in Wisconsin. Dude's in good spirits and seems pretty emboldened by all this.

Kev Kev

Holy shit those impeachment topics are bonkers.

Just trying to post anything that isn’t, “GET FUCKED YOU ORANGE CUNT POS!!!!!” earns you a dogpile from half the forum lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom