• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Alternate costumes

hqdefault.jpg

wtf is up with that ban. Are they not allowed to have any jokes. At all? 1 month, and how is it sexist? Do they even know these words they pull from a hat?
All women are equally beautiful. Including trans women. If you think Margot Robbie is prettier than Jessica Janniv, you are sexist.

belmarduk

Oh my god. I cannot believe what I read on ResetEra sometimes... the Kelly Tran thread is just... someone points out that there are other Asian actors in Star Wars and her getting fewer scenes was not some racist conspiracy gets banned yet someone who makes personal attacks toward them gets to continue spewing their vitriol because they have a transgender avatar... This is not healthy or normal.

Screw them, I’m voting for Joe Biden.

nush

Oh my god. I cannot believe what I read on ResetEra sometimes... the Kelly Tran thread is just... someone points out that there are other Asian actors in Star Wars and her getting fewer scenes was not some racist conspiracy gets banned yet someone who makes personal attacks toward them gets to continue spewing their vitriol because they have a transgender avatar... This is not healthy or normal.

Screw them, I’m voting for Joe Biden.

This was the gold nugget in the shit

82sJoqE.png

They should have written Rose so she was the one who saves everybody. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
EM4i12QWsAIoKLM

Get hormones and surgery...or else.

I am more baffled how anyone got that Naoto was Trans from Persona 4. The whole point of her character was that she pretended to be male so she could be taken seriously as a detective. Not that she genuinely believed herself to be male. This is explicitly told in her dungeon too. Hell, same goes for Kanji and him supposedly being "gay". The point of his character was coming to terms with the idea that you can like traditionally female-orientated hobbies, not that he wanted to bone dudes.

Then again, these are the crazy cunts who think that white privilege exists and that there are over 100 genders.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
So has trans vaulted to the top of the victim hierarchy atop race? It feels that way.

It still can't get over the madness of trans women soaring to the top of the progressive stack when so many of the loudest ones online seem to have been born male and white. Hell of an usurpation if I've ever seen one.

I have often wondered what it would be like if all the screeching gender commies left civilised society and all moved to an island to go implement their diversity, inclusion and equality ideology and leave the rest of us in peace. Threads like this remind me that we already have an example.
Haha, I have thought this many times as well. Good luck rebuilding an empire when you don't know how to use hammer.

That wood did not want to be sawed! BANNED.

Szym

Neo Member
While I'm sure the person using it is in this case is dumber than a sack of hair, it's not *technically* incorrect usage. Latin -- and other classical languages in general -- is not particularly nitpicky about word order.

Sorry about nitpicking of my own, but I've been waiting decades to find any use for the required semester of Latin in college.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
While I'm sure the person using it is in this case is dumber than a sack of hair, it's not *technically* incorrect usage. Latin -- and other classical languages in general -- is not particularly nitpicky about word order.

Sorry about nitpicking of my own, but I've been waiting decades to find any use for the required semester of Latin in college.
The phrases persona grata and persona non grataare widely used in English and other modern European languages, but their origin and development have never been fully investigated. They do not belong to classical or patristic Latin: rather, persona grata originates in the language of late medieval ecclesiastical diplomacy. After sporadic use from the 15th century to the end of the 18th, it and similar forms of words became very important in negotiations between the Protestant monarchies of Germany and the Holy See in and around the 1820s. Persona grata was then transferred to the language of international diplomacy, where it has flourished since the 1850s; the negative persona non grata, which is now more common than the positive phrase, appears to have developed in English-language contexts in the nineteenth century.

JIaWeVN.png

Freethinker detected! Where the fuck do you think you are FiveStringHoss? A discussion forum? Rose was done wrong, that's it. cis wite hero fake allies not making her a Jedi!
I can't wait for the matrix 5 threads to pop up

Will that be the new diversity banbait flick?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I can't wait for the matrix 5 threads to pop up

Will that be the new diversity banbait flick?
Let me guess, Neo will have a diverse set of Matrix hoppers including a Black woman, Chinese or Japanese guy, and maybe a Latino woman who will also be lesbo with the Black actress. Both will have weird colour hair. And one will guaranteed have a shaved head.

All Matrix enemies will be your standard mean white guy like more Mr Smiths.

The main plot isn't a battle of magical willpower between Neo and the supercomputer, but whether or not all the male and female ports connecting the computers should be called "they".

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
The new years resolution one was a gold mine when I skimmed through it. So many were "get my drivers license" "talk to my crush" etc.. Drivers license? really? Is this a thing they don't have? Do their moms take them everywhere?
I have one, but I do not have a car. There is public transport, you know...

Saruhashi

Banned
JIaWeVN.png

Freethinker detected! Where the fuck do you think you are FiveStringHoss? A discussion forum? Rose was done wrong, that's it. cis wite hero fake allies not making her a Jedi!

It's incredible to me that this post gets a 2 week ban.
Two weeks for explaining how movie production works.

So the only opinion allowed over there regarding a fucking Star Wars movie is "Rose should have been in it more" and if you happen to have a rational reason for why she is not in it more then it's a 2 week ban for you.

I don't even see how this poster could have been more reasonable in their posting. It's clearly and calmly explained.

nush

It's incredible to me that this post gets a 2 week ban.
Two weeks for explaining how movie production works.

So the only opinion allowed over there regarding a fucking Star Wars movie is "Rose should have been in it more" and if you happen to have a rational reason for why she is not in it more then it's a 2 week ban for you.

I don't even see how this poster could have been more reasonable in their posting. It's clearly and calmly explained.
Not even the diplomatic immunity lbqt flag avatar could save him.

SCB3

So I got a week ban that's now a 3-month ban, anyone care to guess what comment I made for it?

I said that ResetEra can't take a joke, that apparently is "Dismissing Concerns about Pedophilla"

nush

So I got a week ban that's now a 3-month ban, anyone care to guess what comment I made for it?

I said that ResetEra can't take a joke, that apparently is "Dismissing Concerns about Pedophilla"

PedoEra didn't like that.

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
It should be a crime to be this stupid.

mcUEKWT.jpg

Please, some one direct me to these gas stations so I can proven wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

MilkyJoe

I have to assume the mods over there have serious mental issues and need professional help. There is no other explanation for most of those bans.

Cannot understand why the place hasn't collapsed yet. But then again, things like Scientology etc still exist.

My biggest concern is the amount of journalists and devs that post there, considering the rampant sexual depravity and pedophilia that goes on over there.

Can the mods instate some sort of rule for the OT to limit this censorship talk? It’s been done to death by now, I can’t imagine I’m the only one who doesn’t want to see it in the OT too.

Watch it actually happen. You can't have *one* Xenoblade thread on resetera without people shitting it up with talk about sexy designs, bad faces or 'Sawano sucks', but criticizing an objective issue in Tokyo Mirage Sessions? That has to be banned from talking about.

These authoritarian puritans are ridiculous.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Exactly, they set a precedent where the 1st "Account" was banned but allowed the user to keep posting.
I don't see the point really. It's not like it is a US court, where you can use precendence cases to argue yourself out of bans. They did it once, does not mean they will do it again or regularly.

Rien

Jelly Belly
I don't see the point really. It's not like it is a US court, where you can use precendence cases to argue yourself out of bans. They did it once, does not mean they will do it again or regularly.

Agree with this.

nush

Sunster really is one of the low key major Reetards, you'd notice him more if his post count was higher. But I always scroll though a topic and see something stupid posted and his name next to it.

OyxZzSP.png

zxenR5P.jpg

Saruhashi

Banned
YUqwRst.png

Straight out of an Incel manifesto and also coincidentally, Incident Manager Hobbes only fan.

Another situation where being part of a community like ResetEra is probably quite harmful to the individual.
Nobody can hit them with some hard truths out of fear of the ban hammer.

If you're a 20 year old dude and you hit the gym or get yourself into running or some other sport and take it semi-seriously then you will improve not only your appearance but your mentality also. I'd say after about 6 months to a year of that you'd be well placed, at 21 with a healthy mind and body and attitude, to get whatever you want out of life.

Nah, give up at 20 years old because... reasons?

I love how he talks about "long held beliefs and dreams". Dude, you are 19 years old! Relax.

Do not fucking "embrace" self-hatred for fucksakes.

Haha. What am I saying?
Has he tired transitioning? That's a good trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom