• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nush

End of the year REEEview of 2019 Part Three.

QiOBuc8.png

7CIPbmO.png

BvUuTIQ.png

7L3ABTl.png

lWrJaAo.png

d9R5pBC.png

GCvTgMf.png

MzrgaHE.png

74lqeDs.png

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
We don't deserve Boyega.

And LOL at "laying pipe" being a "gross comment" to the basement virgins over there.

Surely any kind of talk of sex (unless it's signalling your respect for sex workers) is actually violence against ace folx.

Christ, they're worse than 80's-90's Social Conservatives. At least the SoCons were consistent and intelectually honest, even if I thing they were wrong on a lot of things.

Last edited:
What happens if people start posting pictures over there in the same font saying "It's Ok To Be Trans"?

Do they get banned? Let some good soul willing to account suicide over there kick off some real fireworks this New Years.

JordanN

Banned
Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more

igOERVV.png

These two posts in direct succession of one another highlights just how intolerant Resetera is without any mod stepping in.

By the way, SlickShoes is also the same asshole from a few weeks ago who supports assaulting Conservatives.

nqa023w.png

Wonder how quickly someone would be banned for saying “fuck Democrats”.

Handel

Star Wars is just the tip of the spear folx...

2020 is going to destroy the people over there.
My permaban came from holding Boyega accountable for giving fuel to those being toxic towards KMT. It's clear black man>Asian women over there. I should have remembered to consult the pyramid before posting.

Last edited:

Handel

There is a conversation to be had about the intersectionality of how black men are disproportionately targeted for comments that are otherwise perceived as innocuous, and for how women are made to feel about objectification.

This thread has demonstrated a severe lack of nuance with regards to this conversation, and it has now been hopelessly derailed beyond salvaging.

Boyega must be protected at all cost! :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

600Breezy

Meanwhile on Aussie Era...

FeQiIYg.png

Surprise surprise, the guy who is depressed 24/7 wants to cancel everything cause no fun allowed.

how bout this...don’t want your house to burn down, DONT BUILD IT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKIN BUSH.

this is the worst part of the Aussie bush fire season; pretending to give a fuck when retards build their houses in what is basically a kiln, and then surprise surprise it burns down.

fuck off

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Surprise surprise, the guy who is depressed 24/7 wants to cancel everything cause no fun allowed.

how bout this...don’t want your house to burn down, DONT BUILD IT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKIN BUSH.

this is the worst part of the Aussie bush fire season; pretending to give a fuck when retards build their houses in what is basically a kiln, and then surprise surprise it burns down.

fuck off

Victim blaming. Banned for 23928302 years.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
For what it's worth, you're one of the genuinely good people here. And without sounding like I'm kissing your ass, I can safely say this place would be much worse off without you.
Hate to put you on the spot, my good man, but why did you edit out the “you calls it like you sees it” bit?

I‘m not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, but what changed? Did I say something you don’t endorse in the past 24 hours?

Genuinely curious, do tell.

giphy.gif

Handel

This is a fun thread for the year in REEview :

https://www.resetera.com/threads/bo...-update-assault-faked-see-threadmarks.143452/

Black girl falsely accuses three white boys of bullying her and cutting off her dreads. Posters in the thread advocate for violence against the boys, not even a warning given against any of them despite my reports. The mods only cared to throw out one ban in that thread : a permaban against Zhukov for calling out their fucked up bias.

cormack12

Gold Member

https://www.resetera.com/threads/bo...-update-assault-faked-see-threadmarks.143452/

Black girl falsely accuses three white boys of bullying her and cutting off her dreads. Posters in the thread advocate for violence against the boys, not even a warning given against any of them despite my reports. The mods only cared to throw out one ban in that thread : a permaban against Zhukov for calling out their fucked up bias.

One user calls it out and ets shadowbanned as well.....resetera mods - show fragility is colourblond, not just white. Probably trying to concoct a reason now.

😆😆😆

tjAEnFQ.png

Think of it this way, every fucked up thread over there knocks at least one reasonable poster loose to either return to the reasonable side of the force, or discover it in their own right.

Handel

One user calls it out and ets shadowbanned as well.....resetera mods - show fragility is colourblond, not just white. Probably trying to concoct a reason now.

😆😆😆

tjAEnFQ.png
No that wasn't a shadowban, I didn't get banned in that thread. I'm just permabanned there now. That thread was one of my breaking points though that had me contemplating account suicide.

Handel

Think of it this way, every fucked up thread over there knocks at least one reasonable poster loose to either return to the reasonable side of the force, or discover it in their own right.
Yet some are lost for good, thinking this place no better, either due to thinking it still like it's past or having been misled about it being the Republican version of REE.

Where art thou, middleman?

Yet some are lost for good, thinking this place no better, either due to thinking it still like it's past or having been misled about it being the Republican version of REE.

Do you think the bolded is the exact problem at hand, possibly? Whether the assumptions about GAF are true or false, we are talking about people who pick their videogame-forum destination based on the politics enforced by the moderation team.

I don't want the community built by people with that mindset (progressives, conservatives, or anyone in between) on this forum. We already have enough. They are simpletons and too many of them puts the forum in permanent daycare mode.

Handel

Do you think the bolded is the exact problem at hand, possibly? Whether the assumptions about GAF are true or false, we are talking about people who pick their videogame-forum destination based on the politics enforced by the moderation team.

I don't want the community built by people with that mindset (progressives, conservatives, or anyone in between) on this forum. We already have enough. They are simpletons and too many of them puts the forum in permanent daycare mode.
This entire thread exists to mock REE, because it deserves to be mocked for turning a gaming forum into a political forum. If someone just got permabanned or just fed up by REE's leftist craziness despite them being a liberal, why would they then want to move to a place that is potentially the right wing equivalent? That puts politics above games? Where Life Is Strange might get treated like The Last Night and people banned for supporting it, as an extreme example?

Someone who doesn't want that is potentially someone who we do want over there, they are someone trying to escape politics in gaming.

Last edited:

My old hangout went hard left from 2016 to now, I still check out from time to time how former moderates and Republicans are now Ree-level Leftists if it gets rid of Trump. We spawned off the old IGN forums after they went to shit.

The owner of the site used to play at being a philosophical Fascist a number of years ago, he went full-Ree about 2 years ago.

It's ironic.

Last edited:
This entire thread exists to mock REE, because it deserves to be mocked for turning a gaming forum into a political forum. If someone just got permabanned or just fed up by REE's leftist craziness despite them being a liberal, why would they then want to move to a place that is potentially the right wing equivalent? That puts politics above games? Where Life Is Strange might get treated like The Last Night and people banned for supporting it, as an extreme example?

Someone who doesn't want that is potentially someone who we do want over there, they are someone trying to escape politics in gaming.
True, it just seems strange to me that someone who doesn't want politics in gaming would currently be a member of the internet nexus of enforcing political views in the gaming hobby. I mean, one of ERA's pillars is "everything is political". It is their excuse for bringing politics into any and every discussion if they so choose. The forum would not exist in its current form if the userbase didn't already approve of and participate in politically-driven discourse.

ResetERA is just over two years old. The bulk of the membership is the transplant from oldGAF. The notion that current members (who migrated from here to there for "reasons") do not in some way accept a politically-driven videogame forum is naive.

Perhaps it took you awhile to see it for yourself and that is why you are more... open-armed towards Reeefugees. You are welcome to comb through the last two years of GAF threads to see the kind of... returnees we've been getting. That said, I'm always happy when members come back. I don't mind if someone finally gets fed up with Reeee and wants to come over here, but it's worth pointing out that many of those who've returned over the past two years did so to troll, to sow dissent, and to spit vitriol.

As a fully-functioning human adult you have to be able to accept that people will disagree with you on political matters. Take Nobody_Important Nobody_Important for example, I'm sure he and I disagree with each other vehemently on virtually any political topic; I won't hesitate to like and support an opinion he has on gaming side if I agree with it. I also don't hate the guy, it's just politics.

We can disagree with each other, even mock each other without hard feelings, let alone hatred. Then we can turn right around and all have fun when Gaming Side provides us with something interesting, entertaining. or stupid. That is the key difference between GAF and Ree.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Hate to put you on the spot, my good man, but why did you edit out the “you calls it like you sees it” bit?

I‘m not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, but what changed? Did I say something you don’t endorse in the past 24 hours?

Genuinely curious, do tell.

giphy.gif
I was just speaking in terms of people in general, but I didn't want people on here to get the wrong impression and think I was referring to anyone in particular and subtly calling them out.

Last edited:

fatty

That thread is the perfect example of what is wrong with that place.

As soon as the original article was posted we basically have only immature single line drive-by posts calling the kids, the Christian school, and the parents any horrible names they can think of that supports their preconceived biases.

Once the actual update comes out, any posters pointing out the hypocrisy get banned and all the actual culprits just move on to the next thing to get outraged over.

Basically, when I open a Resetera thread I am expecting to see:

nTIer8V.gif

Thankfully, when these clowns make their way over here the moderation team works quickly:

bWrytfL.gif

benjipwns

Banned

lol at all the staff members and suckups rushing in to make the same joke

also this dummy:
OZNdHOG.png

Last edited:

also this dummy:
OZNdHOG.png
I want Ree to last an actual decade, I want to see what happens when they lose again in 2024. It's already a train-wreck, I want a train-wreck hallowed by the gods with a chorus of angels.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber

also this dummy:
OZNdHOG.png

Which is exactly why Reee is PurpleGAF of Old. They put the mods on pedestals and worship them, so the power goes to their heads.

JordanN

Banned
Stinkles starts off the New Years just right.

tF7lgPb.png

Ah yes, the classic "Trump is sooo stoooooooooopid, durp durrrr" but then they quickly turn around and say he's also a tyrannical dictator getting the death camps ready.

How does Stinkles still have a job at Microsoft, who by the way, loves doing business with the U.S government?

X0GgphW.jpg

tF7lgPb.png

Imagine if members of 343 focused on Halo instead of Orange Man

MCC wouldn't have been broke for years. Maybe we wouldn't have to fight the Warden Eternal 20 times. Maybe... something positive about Halo would have come out since 343 took over.

He/She/They/Them is probably just a entry level QA but still, not a good look.

Hippies can always do everyone else's job but their own smh

3ky299.gif

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Stinkles starts off the New Years just right.

tF7lgPb.png

Ah yes, the classic "Trump is sooo stoooooooooopid, durp durrrr" but then they quickly turn around and say he's also a tyrannical dictator getting the death camps ready.

How does Stinkles still have a job at Microsoft, who by the way, loves doing business with the U.S government?

X0GgphW.jpg

I'd imagine they don't know he's posting that shit. Would be a shame if they found out.

JordanN

Banned
There's a bonus: if you picked Trump over Obama, it means you're racist!

OEiGKmR.png

4 years later and Democrats STILL don't get why they lost the election. Keep calling people racist again, and Trump will win this November.

Oh, and all the Reset mods are happy to support this as well.

qPCxHjm.png

If there are any Conservatives left on Resetera, I guess we now know there wont be any left by the end of the year.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
tF7lgPb.png

Imagine if members of 343 focused on Halo instead of Orange Man

MCC wouldn't have been broke for years. Maybe we wouldn't have to fight the Warden Eternal 20 times. Maybe... something positive about Halo would have come out since 343 took over.

He/She/They/Them is probably just a entry level QA but still, not a good look.

Hippies can always do everyone else's job but their own smh

3ky299.gif
Stinkles is the Franchise Development Director for Halo. I'm not kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom