• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
The "politics is everything" crowd certainly doesn't see the difference between covering the graphics and gameplay of a videogame and tacitly agreeing with and supporting the creator's (or even just one of the employee's) bigoted viewpoints

I was one of those - I even said that exact phrase and shat up the IRacing forums with it. You have no idea how ashamed I am.

SNPlayen

Okay guys here's a fun game.

Imagine your stereotypical Reee member IRL, and what they must look like.

Now imagine them loudly spouting their Reee opinions vocally.

Lol, but now imagine them filibustering their nonsense while wearing the gaudy ass clothing in this thread:

"Cool" clothes? 😆😆 you'd legit get your ass kicked wearing some of that shit.

Man scrolling through that is some of the cringiest shit I’ve witnessed. If you see anyone wearing that stuff call 911 on the pedo (or in my country 090)

cormack12

Gold Member
No surprise Reddit is pro China (Being owned by Tencent) and pro Resetera closing down any topics that shine a light on what that forum is actually like. They totally shut down pedoera topics when that blew up.

Incidentally enough, check this heartfelt, evidencial topic

Sunscorch
15 hours ago·Stickied comment

Due to the obscene amount of reports this thread and its comments are generating, it will be locked to new input.

Seems this is the new way to deal with discontent, just lock topics and move on.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!

Lol, but now imagine them filibustering their nonsense while wearing the gaudy ass clothing in this thread:

I think half the people in that thread are proper retarded so I don’t want to laugh

donfonzie

I think half the people in that thread are proper retarded so I don’t want to laugh

random-identities-black-rubber-duvet-jacket.jpg

Gimp jacket makes a lot of sense for them though.

nush

I was just reading that. They couldn't help jumping onto Dark1x.

l5F7juV.png

Video now live for everyone, like comment and subscribe and don't forget to show John support and warn everyone to ignore Reseteras opinion on anything.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

Unsurprisingly, their fashion sense is kind of scary.

Except for the dude who was like "I want YSL chelsea boots." I have those in suede. Broke-azz bitches.

wtf TaySan calling this "bigotry" and "hate". it IS a matter of opinion. you just happen to be a nazi about there only being 2.

SBr4tqf.png

i don't get it, is this really about the bottles that say OGAY and not OKAY? is that really what this "bigotry" is? for fucking real???
I always thought that was a play on the brand "Olay" or perhaps I'm mistaken?

It's immature humour for sure. But it isn't directed at anyone. It's pretty harmless. To call it bigotry is just misleading.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
you're right. and you know what, that makes it even less of an issue. because it is a parody of an actual brand.

amazing to see people scream "homophobia" at that tiny pun. i've heard gay people say WAY worse stuff to one another.
That taysan dude whining about hate on a hate cult.
yeah he's "kinda disappointed" and "hope he does better". like lol, are you his mother or something? "disappointed"? get the fuck over yourself

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
wtf TaySan calling this "bigotry" and "hate". it IS a matter of opinion. you just happen to be a nazi about there only being 2.

SBr4tqf.png

i don't get it, is this really about the bottles that say OGAY and not OKAY? is that really what this "bigotry" is? for fucking real???
TaySan actually bought the game and is shitting on others for a tech analysis video. How dare people who do technical analysis not have a disclaimer? How about you boycott the systems that provide a platform for the bigotry and not someone doing an analysis on performance issues.

mr.dilya

Banned

SBr4tqf.png

This man (taysan) has no dick.

wvnative

That ion fury situation makes me sad.

Dark1x if your reading this, talk about the games you love, or don't talk about games you PERSONALLY feel shouldn't be talked about. Just don't make those choices based off an insane internet forum. Don't ever participate in a community that makes you feel like you have to walk a line.

Saber

Gold Member

It's immature humour for sure. But it isn't directed at anyone. It's pretty harmless. To call it bigotry is just misleading.

I hope for his sake he didn't come with this bullshit here. Go play your needless apologies/disclaimer begging some place else. We like Darkx's work and like to talk about games and techs behind them.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

SBr4tqf.png

It isn't a play on "OKAY". It is a play on "OLAY". Given the nature of the product in the game and in real life.

Also not bigotry at all. But then again, do you honestly expect intelligence or insight from someone who openly supports a blatantly racist site like that?

Tik tok is utter garbage but I was reading through this thread and imagine the repercussions if it was a black person and someone responded with “sounds about black”

This thread is nonsense. Complain about white people doing something while literally assuming they're copying a black comedian. I guess Eric Andre is half white, so maybe that can be their excuse. I love the guy, but it doesn't change the fact he's been in jail 3 times for the pranks he's pulled, and not in some "oh no, black people go to jail for just standing there" kind of way.

Last edited:

belmarduk

ATLA does have problems. Unkind framing of aggressive activists, a couple of extremely generic episodes and the cave of two lovers being aggresively heteronormative. Book 1 struggles at points and Book 3 stampedes to find an end to the conflict.

Its a great show but it does have problems. Its infinitely better than Korra though.

Last edited:

nush

ATLA does have problems. Unkind framing of aggressive activists, a couple of extremely generic episodes and the cave of two lovers being aggresively heteronormative. Book 1 struggles at points and Book 3 stampedes to find an end to the conflict.

Its a great show but it does have problems. Its infinitely better than Korra though.

OK......

belmarduk

lol who will pity these men who simply want to discredit a rape victim's story without any consequences?

It8ZPyb.png

like holy shit the amount of sanctimonuous self pity bc you acted like an idiot while stanning a rapist

Hmmmm.... that Giuliani avatar reminds me of Rusty Nails.. the guy who is currently serving a 6 month ban for comparing the US military to ISIS.

I think you're being quite dismissive here of legitimate concerns in the framing of a patriarchal context. Privileged toxicity as a function of capitalism is well documented, especially against historically oppressed peoples. World salad word salad sexism word salad.

Think about that.

why do you have to ruin salad like that.

chris121580

Turning an OLay bottle into OGay is a dad joke. The real humor is seeing the younger generation get triggered and write multi-paragraphed essays on how it damaged their safe space and contributed to their mental illness. Either real or self-imposed.
I ended up buying the game and it's awesome and hilarious. The jokes are the same type of jokes we saw in any of those games from the 90s like Duke Nukem. It's hilarious seeing what the younger generation gets so up in arms over. I couldn't imagine trying to live your life just looking for anything to be offended by all the time. It must be exhausting. Imagine if they actually put this kind of energy into something worth while

I just wish devs and people like John would ignore Era. Eventually they'll go away or find something new to be angry about. I would never apologize to that forum if I was a developer nor would I ever make changes to a game just because it hurt their feelings

Last edited:

Ymir

Lol Messofanego couldn't handle just screeching on resetera and is now trying to shit post in the comments of the digital foundry video. Good thing they're only a video game website and NOT a hate site.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
lol who will pity these men who simply want to discredit a rape victim's story without any consequences?

It8ZPyb.png

like holy shit the amount of sanctimonuous self pity bc you acted like an idiot while stanning a rapist
I haven't followed this story heavily, but I think people are being a little hypocritical on this subject. People hate when the left runs rampant with the "believe women" thing, and it seems like people are promoting "believe women" with this story to stick it to people on the left.

I think there's nothing wrong with believing her or not believing her. No one knows what happened, I don't think any side is in the wrong on this debate.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Lol Messofanego couldn't handle just screeching on resetera and is now trying to shit post in the comments of the digital foundry video. Good thing they're only a video game website and NOT a hate site.

They hate to make the world a better place. Don't forget that.

lmimmfn

I was just reading that. They couldn't help jumping onto Dark1x.

l5F7juV.png
I really feel sorry for John, he puts such passion into his videos only for those assholes to dump on him because of some nonsensical BS, worse than that John is upset in a later post because of the devs behaviour.

Its unfortunate that he even gives a crap about the opinions of that idiot forum, wish he would just ignore them.

Jezbollah

So judging people on the colour of their skin as a primary reference.

There's a word for that..

Dick Jones

Gold Member

So judging people on the colour of their skin as a primary reference.

There's a word for that..
Esseicoalou? The fuck is that.
Also FYI, Ninja Scooter once posted the photo of a plane mid flight when a thread spoke of underage girls. Make of that what you will.

Grinchy

Banned

God damn, $270, $1000, all to look like you're wearing something retarded. I will never get it.

Though, there's something drawing me to these fire ass shoes!

DJ0TjJCl.png

I wonder what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom