• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmimmfn

That dude just makes up false titles for himself the entire time to get noticed.

- Said he was a journalist (but never got paid)
- Cried about having 'Incident Manager' removed from his tag on Era, on Twitter
- Then cried about not being able to learn French on his online course

Think someone said he's a dev now? Dev of what? hahaha, dude just makes it up as he goes along.

Desperately hoping for a like from Hecht on Twitter.
Dont dis the Hobbes, im always rooting for the Incident Manager!!!

lmimmfn

Reee thread about the CEO of Goya shockingly having an opinion,what a white supremacist asshole. I wonder if they ever stop to think about all the products they buy and support and make a strong stance like this one towards those companies, hmmm...
MEXlPtJ.jpg
wouldnt put much weight in that, he never heard if 'The Shining' either

Double post, on mobile, have to forgive me.

Last edited:

BizzyBum

They want CP77 to fail sooooo bad. Pathetic

It's actually kinda insane how many threads get made there bashing the game, and most of the time it's not even the game but CDPR's twitter account. The new thread is now bitching at the vagina comment and I was confused, but apparently there are people who are actually pissed that the game has multiple penis options but not multiple vagina options? People are actually requesting a ban on an OT to give the game "free advertising"? It's absolutely laughable.

Can't wait for the actual game to come out, be absolutely fire, and win multiple GOTY's so we can move past this dumb shit and talk about the game.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
CDPR twitter makes them go Reee like only Trump can, lmao.

Watch them starting a boycott thread soon with a poll, where most people still will vote with I am gonna buy it and they will lose their mind.

Game will obviously sell millions.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
RedMercury master troll strikes again!

f5w4WUu.png

I'm sorry but how in the holy fuck do you get PTSD from being a mod on a god damn message board?

You're not obligated to be a moderator/admin. You're not being paid to do the job. It's supposed to be enjoyable or fulfilling!

The moment it starts impacting your actual life how do you not just quit and do something else? How does any of that even compare to what other people go through in the real world?

ManaByte

I'm sorry but how in the holy fuck do you get PTSD from being a mod on a god damn message board?

You're not obligated to be a moderator/admin. You're not being paid to do the job. It's supposed to be enjoyable or fulfilling!

The moment it starts impacting your actual life how do you not just quit and do something else? How does any of that even compare to what other people go through in the real world?

I got hypertension doing phone tech support due to the inability to reach through the phone and slap the shit out of idiots.

Not defending this shit but there are studies that show content moderation can lead to some pretty bad mental/emotional health issues long term. Facebook moderation eats people alive.

Is this the same as say Reset or Gaf? No but downplaying moderation of some extremist shit as a job could take a toll long term.

Edit: Personally I think I would start to question myself and everything if I were a Era moderator. That place is pure madness in which no discussion takes place. Just a place for anger, hatred and all sorts of bullshit to stew.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Not defending this shit but there are studies that show content moderation can lead to some pretty bad mental/emotional health issues long term. Facebook moderation eats people alive.

Is this the same as say Reset or Gaf? No but downplaying moderation of some extremist shit as a job could take a toll long term.

Edit: Personally I think I would start to question myself and everything if I were a Era moderator. That place is pure madness in which no discussion takes place. Just a place for anger, hatred and all sorts of bullshit to stew.

Yea but Facebook mods see some REALLY fucked up shit. It’s like the darkest of the dark web shit they have to look at.

I've been on the fence with him, but that PTSD comment seals it for me. Red Mercury is a troll. Finale and a few other mods/former mods, I can legitimately believe are privileged enough to think being a volunteer internet janitor is just as stressful as being an EMT during a pandemic, but I don't buy for one second Red Mercury feels the same way with how thick he's always laying it on. He's not real, there's just no way. He's extremely dedicated (which is messed up on its own), but that's it.

Last edited:

nush

I got hypertension doing phone tech support due to the inability to reach through the phone and slap the shit out of idiots.

Difference is you were being paid to do that, you needed the job and could not just walk away. Trapped until an escape came, I've done front line support.

Forum moderators that are crying about stress, PTSD and harassment can walk away at ANY TIME, but they don't because they like the power and status.

I've modded a few small communities, it's never been stressful but I try to do a good job. There was one community I just left because once I realized that the owner of the community just no longer wanted to engage as it wasn't what he wanted it to be. As the only mod of the group I realized I was wasting my time and any real world consequences (And there really would have been) I might be responsible for as "staff" of that group, I just left.

Facebook has a billion members from all walks of life, which includes some really really awful people. Resetera has a few thousand active ones at most that (theoretically) share an ideology that just happened to whine a lot.

Do I deny it can be mentally taxing? Nah, it definitely can be, especially with its userbase getting more and more insane and bloodthirsty over the years. But the thing is the staff are the exact same way. They aren't getting bombarded with horrible images or hate speech (at least not on the site). They're getting attacked over how much of a failure they are at intersectionality, a concept that would never work anywhere, let alone a website dedicated to luxury consumer products.

They want their crumbling "oasis" to be perfect, which it will never be, and that's why they get so stressed over nothing. If any staff are legitimately suffering from mental illness, then yeah they should step down because there's no way Era is a healthy environment for that, especially when they don't even get paid. I'm partially talking to you, Hecht since I know you're reading this. Got nothing against you as I can relate to your mental health issues even if I can't relate to the alcoholic part.

SNPlayen

I've been on the fence with him, but that PTSD comment seals it for me. Red Mercury is a troll. Finale and a few other mods/former mods, I can legitimately believe are privileged enough to think being a volunteer internet janitor is just as stressful as being an EMT during a pandemic, but I don't buy for one second Red Mercury feels the same way with how thick he's always laying it on. He's not real, there's just no way. He's extremely dedicated (which is messed up on its own), but that's it.
Imagine the amount of transphobia and misgendering the short furry mod has to deal with! They must wake up in a cold sweat in their crate every night!

drganon

Reee thread about the CEO of Goya shockingly having an opinion,what a white supremacist asshole. I wonder if they ever stop to think about all the products they buy and support and make a strong stance like this one towards those companies, hmmm...
MEXlPtJ.jpg
Expecting Reee members to think and not be hypocritical dumbasses is expecting too much.

Hudo

I might be horribly late to the party but what does "Cis" mean in their context? I only know Cis as a shorthand for cis(phi) = cos(phi) + i * sin(phi)
And I've seen this term thrown around without really knowing what it means. The thing I do know is that it's somehow a derogatory term for white people?

nush

I might be horribly late to the party but what does "Cis" mean in their context? I only know Cis as a shorthand for cis(phi) = cos(phi) + i * sin(phi)
And I've seen this term thrown around without really knowing what it means. The thing I do know is that it's somehow a derogatory term for white people?
What does the CIS in Cisgender mean?
The prefix “cismeans “on the same side as.” So while people who are transgender move “across” genders, people who are cisgender remain on the same side of the gender they were initially identified as at birth.

In Resetera usage though it means "Fuck you for being heterosexual".

Hudo

What does the CIS in Cisgender mean?
The prefix “cismeans “on the same side as.” So while people who are transgender move “across” genders, people who are cisgender remain on the same side of the gender they were initially identified as at birth.

In Resetera usage though it means "Fuck you for being heterosexual".
Ah, OK. Thanks for the explanation! I gotta say, though.... This whole (trans-)gender/cis thing seems horribly convoluted with arbitrary labels, which, in my opinion, seem counterproductive to achieving "acceptance" in general society. As soon as you start labeling yourself and what you "stand for", you kinda create factions, which usually don't help your cause if your cause is to be integrated into general society. Factions are pretty useful if your goal is to incite conflict, though. Nothing better than "us vs. them" to get some people to rally behind you.

That's at least my armchair anaylsis of things.

DogofWar

Just out of (morbid) curiosity... Why is it transphobic that you can only choose from one type of vagina? Or is it sexist? Or vagina-ophobic? I am too old to understand, please help me.

cormack12

Gold Member
CDPR makes the game with the most diverse options for gender fluidity, genital mix and match, sexual romances, customisation.
This is transphobic and we will cancel this game!

1L0MOxr.png

I don't know why people would post such ridiculous stuff publicly. It's right there and this is what your brain processes and comes out with. Fucking embarassiing. It's like they've never had any sort of education other than Glee and Mean Girls.

I think that's fair, but I also think it's clear that the troll RM is trying to say the era moderator's are subject to the same distrubing content. When in reality, they actively seek out issues to be miserable about. Usually regarding a film, a random tweet, a videogame etc. They're not even close. It's that sociopathic narcissism where they believe they are more important than they are. And when devs make these public PR statements it feeds that narcissistic loop.

Ionian

Wait till the videos come out and the camera is hacked. Hooo boy. And you'll have kill spree's of blue haired, big titted, cock swinging vigilante's which will be universally condemned by our world leaders.

Sounds like my kind of party! :D

(To bust up laughing about while watching on YouTube)

Corrik

I think it is funny you can't compare ResetERA to NeoGAF but screaming "it is a LITERAL White Supremacist" site is a-ok.

Btw, Neff was a poster at Auto Admit and GameFAQs, Board 8 and War on Terror boards. (SubDiety) was his user name at GFaqs. Quite possible he had an account at NeoGAF at some point in its history as well, as he apparently frequented video game forums.

What is this shit? 99,9% of this isn't even English.

And a quick question:
Is Ben Shapiro a banned topic / person on Reeeeee~~~?

He is probably viewed as a alt-right nazi there even though he is afaik jewish. Not a fan of Shapiro myself tho, bit too pretentious and always speaks in condescending ways.

SkylineRKR

Someone should ask for screens that would back up ZeoVGM's claims. Ofcourse, anyone questioning it would be banned. But he can't back it up.

What a fuckface.

I swear, every single poster with a rainbow flag or something resembling it in its avatar is bat shit insane. Thats a claim I can back up with screens.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Just out of (morbid) curiosity... Why is it transphobic that you can only choose from one type of vagina? Or is it sexist? Or vagina-ophobic? I am too old to understand, please help me.
but you can choose between a female or a male vagina, thats 2 types already

SkylineRKR

Another one who doesn't back it up with proof. Just said he looked at a thread. In their perception, you're alt right when you think they're overreacting but thats not how the world works, sadly for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom