• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Love these threads because they hate non-conforming political ideas.

“Libertarian” is a dirty word because they also hate freedom.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
When u get banned for talking about the last time you got banned

vR8j79o_d.jpg

Last edited:

eot

Banned
Kyuuji gonna report your numbers to the Reee Gestapo. bad avatar! 2017 account! not enough posts! REEE!!! REEEEEE!!!

9BCvtuE.png

also lol it's ok to bash someone for having a 2017 account when you yourself also signed up in 2017.

Ar9EDcx.png
He's saying the guy is not active, since he's only had 30 posts in three years. Era started in 2017 so...

Cyberpunk avatars are the way to go for the low-level troll / members of the sane resistance on there. They surely can’t ban you for that but everyone knows it’s two fingers to the stasi. Don’t even have to say anything controversial much. Just go about your business with the avatar. Until they are forced to ban the game from the site.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
He's saying the guy is not active, since he's only had 30 posts in three years. Era started in 2017 so...
tbf i think that's bullshit as well. as if you couldn't just spam shit and still troll. having a low post count means nothing.

it's just more behavioral control. you have to have the right avatar. you have to post the right number of times. what if you genuinely just want to lurk and speak up only occasionally? doesn't matter, your behavior is suspect. either you change your behavior or you will be excommunicated.

these people want to manipulate each other like puppets. it's sick.

Last edited:

Ionian

So what?

Some people only post when they want to, doesn't mean it's a troll account. Loads of people prefer to lurk.

Last edited:

Ionian

tbf i think that's bullshit as well. as if you couldn't just spam shit and still troll. having a low post count means nothing.

it's just more behavioral control. you have to have the right avatar. you have to post the right number of times. what if you genuinely just want to lurk and speak up only occasionally? doesn't matter, your behavior is suspect. either you change your behavior or you will be excommunicated.

these people want to manipulate each other like puppets. it's sick.

Ya beat me to it.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I've talked with Kyuuji quite a few times through discord, trust me he wasn't like this 3 years ago.

Yeah even though some of them were always crazy lots of these people weren't at one time.

I guess there was going to be a lot of buy in with all the crazy. Especially when now every other topic has to deal with problematic this or cancelled that and moderation forbids any counterarguments.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Ah, Raiden.

Raiden had a meltdown in December 2017 and account suicided because I closed a thread promoting a gofundme for a *ResetEra* user on GAF. As it had only been vetted by one of the moderators over there (who are not very bright, to say the least), and didn't even involve a GAF user, I chose not to expose our membership to potential fraud.

In response, he made this thread:

zmQaH2l.png

Enjoy ResetEra...forever.
RIP pruuwu

Typhares

https://www.resetera.com/threads/we...for-sexual-assault-victims-gaming-era.246085/

I argue in this situation that we should not allow threads to talk about the Ubisoft forward event and instead reflect with how these victims were hurt by those in power. With allegations coming out against Ubisoft, we need to show the victims that we have their backs and we stand with them. I realize that you won't ban discussions of their games, I disagree with this stance, but we can at least do this. If we can't even come together to do this one thing then what good are we? If we refuse to do this then we are all talk, we'll be hypocrites. So, let's do this Era, let's stand with the victims and boycott Ubisoft Forward.
tenor.gif

Astral Dog

i was not really interested in Cyberpunk (normally don't care much about open world games or create your own character) but all this controversy, im gonna buy it at one point to check it out must be a pretty important game to get ERA so crazy about
Im ok with this, give Ubisoft shit, ironically i think some companies get really easy on ERA for some reason and the recent Ubisoft stuff just went under the rug very quickly.

Daffy Duck

So when will they grow a pair and ban that Atlus company? I hear they’re problematic with their games too.

Ban everything that is shitty and then see what your left screeching over.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
This dude really felt so threatened by us that tried to open a hate thread to feel safe around his fellow mentally ill people.
Ree is the safe place for Reeetards and that’s on every penis owner here.

“oUT oF cUriOsitY” LMAO what a pussy sure Jan you were curious not at all insecure about our forum rising higher and higher and yours taking humongous Ls as of late.
IGodfNx.jpg

Always just casually "taking a peak" "on a whim."

Typhares

i was not really interested in Cyberpunk (normally don't care much about open world games or create your own character) but all this controversy, im gonna buy it at one point to check it out must be a pretty important game to get ERA so crazy about

Im ok with this, give Ubisoft shit, ironically i think some companies get really easy on ERA for some reason and the recent Ubisoft stuff just went under the rug very quickly.

I mean you're ok with banning discussion of a gaming event on a 'gaming' forum. I don't see how that works.
You can always personally not participate if you want to protest, I just don't like mandatory enforcement.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's absolutely wild that, although they're able to talk about certain games from "problematic" publishers, getting excited about said games is a bannable offense.

So you're only allowed a certain level of enthusiasm during discussion.

Javthusiast

Banned

Update: I did not realize that people hate reading so TDR: I want to ban discussion of ubisoft forward to show solidarity with sexual assault victims.

cover4.jpg

Astral Dog

I mean you're ok with banning discussion of a gaming event on a 'gaming' forum. I don't see how that works.
You can always personally not participate if you want to protest, I just don't like mandatory enforcement.
I was talking about shitting on Ubisoft in general banning them is simply impossible in a games forum not even ERA, that op won't get his wish but still, more should speak up there to see what happens, i had only read the text on your post not in the thread

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

cover4.jpg

Fucking grandstanding lunatics. God, life sure would be a lot easier if I could convince myself that I was doing actual meaningful good by militantly trying to regulate what is allowed to be discussed on a so-called video game forum.

What a life...

I say let them have their safe space if that's what they want. I mean that earnestly. Problematic entities that could legitimately trigger their PTSD should be banned or restricted to talking about victims rather than being given a promotional platform.

Era wouldn't be even 1/10th as hated if they were clear about what the site is about, but they're not. They take these half-measures that no one is happy with to make things seem inclusive, but they don't seem to realize a middle ground is not possible. Whether large or not, there's always going to be a very vocal segment of the site not happy with what gets platformed, but they're too addicted to the place to leave, which is why there's no incentive to change. A site based around luxury consumer products largely made by big corporations is incompatible with the strain of social justice that staff is trying to promote, so what ends up happening is you get a bunch of people mad that they're going too far and a completely separate group of people mad that they aren't going far enough.

I just don't see what way forward they have without either large swathes of the site or a very vocal portion of the site exiting entirely. Are they really willing to ban big releases like Ubisoft products or CP2077 and lose a sizable chunk of their base? Are they really willing to let Kinsei and other militant members call everyone buying these products a horrible person with no consequences? They can only pick one or the other if they want the site to remain stable, and if they decide to just let the latter side scream into the void, that's only going to breed more and more resentment until whatever they want the site to be is no longer tenable.

TrainedRage

Banned

How long until these REEEEEEE's figure out its in Abu Dhabi and then come in talking about how horrible they all are for promoting homophobia and toxic masculinity??????

10 min????

20 min???

Teslerum

Kyuuji gonna report your numbers to the Reee Gestapo. bad avatar! 2017 account! not enough posts! REEE!!! REEEEEE!!!

9BCvtuE.png

also lol it's ok to bash someone for having a 2017 account when you yourself also signed up in 2017.

Ar9EDcx.png

I'm not on REEEE. I never was. But honestly, the moment any forum adds a prominently displayed *gender* option is the moment you should GTFO. The only surprise is though that there's still no pronoun option that automatically bans everyone that addresses you wrong.

PLEASE TREAT ME DIFFERENTLY BASED ON MY SEXUALITY. LOOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Ah, Raiden.

Raiden had a meltdown in December 2017 and account suicided because I closed a thread promoting a gofundme for a *ResetEra* user on GAF. As it had only been vetted by one of the moderators over there (who are not very bright, to say the least), and didn't even involve a GAF user, I chose not to expose our membership to potential fraud.

In response, he made this thread:

zmQaH2l.png

Enjoy ResetEra...forever.

Damn, sentenced him to a lifer at the asylum.

BlakeofT

If you haven't left at this point you're part of the cult.
If you can put up with the fact that you can't speak your mind, then it's a great news source and they have a very active, safe and friendly BST thread. I'm sure there are alternatives for both, but I got used to having it all in the same place.

Personally, I can't handle it anymore though. I stopped going there about a week ago with only a few visits following links from this thread. I'm really glad that this site is active again and from what I can tell it seems to becoming more and more so.

Mossybrew

Personally, I can't handle it anymore though.

Yeah. I am a pretty lazy easygoing person, and it took a long time for me to realize I just needed to swear that place off forever. I thought if I could just put enough users and threads on ignore it would be tolerable, but nah, a place where even the mildest dissent, and dissent by association is bannable, why put any mental energy into such a place? At a certain point you realize that even giving your meager traffic to such a site is simply wrong.

Last edited:

Lot of people celebrating death in here, which SHOULD be against the TOS, but I realized something.

Take a look at that Obituary Thread section. It specifies public figures. This 30 year old dude wasn't a public figure, so there's nothing wrong with people shitting on him and saying he deserved to die.

Congrats Era! For once, your lunacy and complete lack of empathy isn't breaking the TOS! Huzzah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom