• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
we have police YET CRIME STILL EXISTS HMMMM?

cwEWH2E.png

ah, we can blame "some misinformation" yep someone posted the wrong thing on the internet and magically it made 20 people die and mass looting occur. darn that misinformation! #deplatformingworks

i love how they are "BLACK LIVES MATTER! BLACK LIVES MATTER!" until 20 people die and their neighborhood is ruined, then suddenly all you care about is how it affects your silly movement. why won't you say their names? too inconvenient for your narrative?

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
imagine handwaving human trafficking, sex slavery, kidnapping, rape, etc. in order to dunk on videogames lol

zoRvcSm.png

Reetards falling over themselves to defend the dignity of "3d models" and clutching pearls over "scantily clad 2d images" all the while big upping an industry that is and has always been male dominated and grossly exploited women's sexuality (and youth) for decades on end. these "feminists" are ignoring the pain of real women to defend some pixels. fucking Mad Max Feminism at work.

but the "videogame players are incels" narrative is so intoxicating i guess they forget about R. Kelly or Michael Jackson or Dr. Luke. pop singer Ke$ha is in a multi year legal battle with her accused rapist/producer. i mean imagine thinking this^ the same year that Duffy reveals she was kidnapped from her house, drugged, and raped for months on end. has any game dev ever raped a 3d model? wtf?

also... i guess no women work in videogames. no women devs exist. no women are designers or artists. nope. not a one. it's all men.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
imagine handwaving human trafficking, sex slavery, drugging, and rape, in order to dunk on videogames lol

zoRvcSm.png

Reetards falling over themselves to defend the dignity of "3d models" and clutching pearls over "scantily clad 2d images" all the while big upping an industry that is and has always been male dominated and grossly exploited women's sexuality (and youth) for decades on end. these "feminists" are ignoring the pain of real women to defend some pixels. fucking Mad Max Feminism at work.

but the "videogame players are incels" narrative is so intoxicating i guess they forget about R. Kelly or Michael Jackson or Dr. Luke. pop singer Ke$ha is in a multi year legal battle with her accused rapist/producer. i mean imagine thinking this^ the same year that Duffy reveals she was kidnapped from her house, drugged, and raped for months on end. has any game dev ever raped a 3d model? wtf?

How many times have they self-owned themselves by finding out the character designer IS a woman?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Even then they'll probably say "The designer had no choice to make her that way because her boss is a man!"

Women never have any agency whatsoever on that site
Unless they are pop stars! Because we all know the music industry is not run by toxic men at all! It’s 100% women owned 😝

Thinking back to when the Britney Spears “Hit Me Baby One More Time” video was proudly promoting the sexuality of school age women, I didn’t realize that was so empowering.

You can be sure some fat MALE game dev didn’t come up with the concept for that feminist masterpiece.

Last edited:

Ymir

imagine handwaving human trafficking, sex slavery, kidnapping, rape, etc. in order to dunk on videogames lol

zoRvcSm.png

also... i guess no women work in videogames. no women devs exist. no women are designers or artists. nope. not a one. it's all men.
Yeah, thank god things like the entertainment industry are such pure mediums and have never sexual assault or abuse scandals. Me too was talking about the rape of made up women in video games.

It is amazing that they think all these women in music have such unlimited power over what they do.

Also this may getting closed soon, these sound like only things women should talk about...

GLruhBt.png

Last edited:

Vaelka

Jesus Christ, how the frak is that bannable? How does that forum have any members left at all?

It's insane to me that Resetera is actually taken seriously by people in the industry still...

Yeah, thank god things like the entertainment industry are such pure mediums and have never sexual assault or abuse scandals. Me too was talking about the rape of made up women in video games.

It is amazing that they think all these women in music have such unlimited power over what they do.

Also this may getting closed soon, these sound like only things women should talk about...

GLruhBt.png

Funny thing in fighting games was that the Smash community had the most problems with sexual assault and peadophilia.
Not communities like DoA, Soul Calibur, Tekken etc.

I noticed that with other games too, most of the studios that had these big scandals were '' progressive '' studios lol.

Edit: Also that thread is like 99% men talking on behalf of women and as soon as a woman disagrees she gets dogpiled.
I remember when a woman in that thread posted art of her OC that she had commissioned and it was just a girl in totally normal clothes and sandals, and the whole thread became about how '' oversexualized '' the character was because she showed navel.

I mean they call women '' oversexualized '' for having large breasts but completely fully covered from head to toe xD...
They're literally spreading harmful views on women because of this themselves.
I am very sex positive and I do think that a lot of people have misogynistic views on womens sexuality and do slutshame women A LOT, but people on Resetera literally does the same thing...
They're part of the problem they're complaining about.....

Last edited:

Vaelka

zoRvcSm.png

He or she ( probably he tbh ) doesn't know what the men designing these characters even think.
Just because they have shitty views on women and sexuality doesn't mean that the men ( AND WOMEN ) designing these characters do.
I love sexualized content in games but I don't objectify people.
I just love the human body and I like seeing it because I think that it's beautiful.
Most would probably be very surprised by how sensitive I am to that stuff, it even offends me when people call fictional women '' slutty '' etc.

'' Modesty '' isn't some objective law of the universe, it's not like gravity or whatever.
It's a part of your own values and in how you perceive things, there's nothing inherently immoral or objectifying about the naked body the only way you'd think so is because you've been conditioned into believing that.
To me it's just a totally arbitrary and self-centered thing to call someone a slut or complain about modesty, like who the fuck are you to make that judgement? That's how I approach it at least.
It's just people inserting themselves into the lives of others and I hate that.

The notion that women in the music industry decide what to wear is quite laughable too. And even when they do there are countless of things that affect their decision.
'' Should I wear a skimpy outfit or a fully covering suit? Hmmm, which is more likely to sell? ''
The decision isn't made in a vacuum.

I'd actually say that in video games it's less harmful because it's not even a real person affected by it...
It's not my fault if some stupid moron can't see tits and still acknowledge the person they're attached to, but a real person is harmed by those people far more than a fictional woman is...
There's no evidence that sexist content creates sexism either, just that sexist people can seek out certain content for sexist reasons.
Which btw doesn't make the content sexist in and of itself, it just means that the person perceives it in a sexist way.
Doesn't say anything about the intent of the creator or their perception of it.

It's always funny to me too when people act like they know what the fictional character would '' really want to wear ''.
Like.... Why do they think that they know that better than the person who literally creates the character lol?
They're a fictional character in a fictional setting with totally different norms etc, they have no will of their own. They '' want '' to wear whatever the hell the artist wants them to wear.
Their autonomy as a character is directly linked with the writers and artists.
And it's quite telling that this only becomes an issue with dress code and their bodies, and not their decision making or whatever.

JordanN

Banned
KfJZFrY.png

"Like, don't fuck with people, and do what you can to alleviate suffering and work towards equality. That's the extent of my moral foundation. "

Except for when it comes to killing white babies.

Das9rR9.png

zapiks44

It's insane to me that Resetera is actually taken seriously by people in the industry still...

Funny thing in fighting games was that the Smash community had the most problems with sexual assault and peadophilia.
Not communities like DoA, Soul Calibur, Tekken etc.

I noticed that with other games too, most of the studios that had these big scandals were '' progressive '' studios lol.

Edit: Also that thread is like 99% men talking on behalf of women and as soon as a woman disagrees she gets dogpiled.
I remember when a woman in that thread posted art of her OC that she had commissioned and it was just a girl in totally normal clothes and sandals, and the whole thread became about how '' oversexualized '' the character was because she showed navel.

I mean they call women '' oversexualized '' for having large breasts but completely fully covered from head to toe xD...
They're literally spreading harmful views on women because of this themselves.
I am very sex positive and I do think that a lot of people have misogynistic views on womens sexuality and do slutshame women A LOT, but people on Resetera literally does the same thing...
They're part of the problem they're complaining about.....

It's because of their beliefs on "agency". Since we're talking about fictional characters here, everything about them - how they look, dress, act, etc - is dictated by their writers and designers.

The flaw with this belief, of course, is that no fictional character truly has "agency". So whenever there's a sexualized female character, no matter how well-written or believable her sex appeal is, they can just dismiss the entire character by saying "Oh please, she's only like that because her writer is a pervert!" or something like that. Even though there's a tons of women in real life who love to flaunt their sex appeal, Resetera refuses to accept that any fictional character would choose to do so.

Also, there's Resetera's hypocrisy if the female character is "not conventionally attractive" (ie ugly). Then it suddenly becomes perfectly acceptable - even "empowering"! - for her to be sexualized! As a previous poster put it, kinkshaming is okay when it's directed against heterosexual males who like beautiful women. That's what it all comes down to.

Last edited:

Ymir

KfJZFrY.png

"Like, don't fuck with people, and do what you can to alleviate suffering and work towards equality. That's the extent of my moral foundation. "

Das9rR9.png
In shocking news, most of the degenerates fail their own purity tests and can't live up to the standards they use to cancel others. Shocking.

Last edited:
lol what thread is this? How the hell do you steal labor?
The reason why you suffer is because I've been stealing your labor value. Sorry, that is why you've struggled to pay bills and why your boss gave you a mediocre review last year.

Now excuse me while I twirl my mustache and steal more labor value.

(I think the concept is that -- due to outside forces because it's ALWAYS the fault of outside forces -- your labor value is lower than the labor value of a non-minority person of comparable education. So while they demand the system to provide them token jobs from affirmative action and quotas, they will also blame the system for not recognizing their true "labor value" and will leap right to the end where they demand restitution for a theft that occurred some time in the past.)

Tesseract

Banned
The reason why you suffer is because I've been stealing your labor value. Sorry, that is why you've struggled to pay bills and why your boss gave you a mediocre review last year.

Now excuse me while I twirl my mustache and steal more labor value.

(I think the concept is that -- due to outside forces because it's ALWAYS the fault of outside forces -- your labor value is lower than the labor value of a non-minority person of comparable education. So while they demand the system to provide them token jobs from affirmative action and quotas, they will also blame the system for not recognizing their true "labor value" and will leap right to the end where they demand restitution for a theft that occurred some time in the past.)
trump-4d-chess.jpg

How many times have they self-owned themselves by finding out the character designer IS a woman?

This is actually why most of what they say regarding it being a matter of a woman's agency is a lie.

Because when it turns out a woman was responsible for creating something sinful they immediately belt out the usual excuses

She's a gender traitor.
She has internalized misogyny.
A man made her do it.
She's just doing it to get paid and doesn't actually like it.

The notion that a woman could willingly create something that they think is sinful is an unfathomable prospect. The inevitable conclusion they always reach is that such women need to be "re-educated", essentially reformed into the correct way of thinking as denoted by them.

This is not the behaviour of people who see women as individual human beings with their own thoughts, wants, desires, likes and dislikes, etcetera. Women to them only have value if they parrot their beliefs ver batim.

They are victims to be utilized for pushing their ideological beliefs and to be denigrated and discarded when they are not.

I can't think of a better word other than misogynist to describe such people, which is funny considering they are so quick to label others with that term.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
This is actually why most of what they say regarding it being a matter of a woman's agency is a lie.

Because when it turns out a woman was responsible for creating something sinful they immediately belt out the usual excuses

She's a gender traitor.
She has internalized misogyny.
A man made her do it.
She's just doing it to get paid and doesn't actually like it.

The notion that a woman could willingly create something that they think is sinful is an unfathomable prospect. The inevitable conclusion they always reach is that such women need to be "re-educated", essentially reformed into the correct way of thinking as denoted by them.

This is not the behaviour of people who see women as individual human beings with their own thoughts, wants, desires, likes and dislikes, etcetera. Women to them only have value if they parrot their beliefs ver batim.

They are victims to be utilized for pushing their ideological beliefs and to be denigrated and discarded when they are not.

I can't think of a better word other than misogynist to describe such people, which is funny considering they are so quick to label others with that term.

Yeah at the end of the day it’s all about generalizing and punishing “wrong think” more than anything else.

It’s not suddenly okay to make blanket statements about any group of people just because you paint that group as being oppressed by those statements. There’s a whole lot of gray and nuance in the world.

So there's nothing particularly wrong with the content of this thread, but for those "in the know" it does kind of expose Era's hypocrisy:

I'm a fan of Vtubers, but by Era's standards, the most popular ones probably shouldn't have a platform there. Like half of the most visible Hololive members would be considered pedophiles by Era's staff (and Matsuri might straight up unironically be a pedophile).

Of course the most likely answer why they wouldn't shut it down is because staff don't know about this stuff, at least not any admins. There's definitely lower level staff that probably know but don't care like Jawmuncher.

Now compare to this thread in regards to someone that's actually MUCH tamer when it comes to their opinions on this stuff:

Edit: Oh, and I just noticed Laiza, who in the past has been a MASSIVE critic of underage sexualization in anime and games, seems to be a fan of Matsuri. How ironic.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
so people who have rioters shooting into their house are fine with it, because they are braindead morons. Era of course celebrate this death wish. because they are also braindead morons.

W1t0xmu.png

this is some hardcore death wish. literally valuing "the movement" over your life

Last edited:

Ymir

I'm still impressed by this logic that somehow destroying private property (especially in poor neighborhoods) does something to teach the police a lesson NO JUSTICE NO PEACE. Why the fuck would the cops care if you destroy things that the cops don't own? This is like being bad at Joe so you burn down Greg's house. Not sure how that hurts Joe but fuck Greg for being upset that he's homeless.

Also I love these people who say lol fuck Walgreens when the only ones who suffer are the poor people in the neighborhood who now don't have access to medicine because you burned down the only one in their area. A bunch of this shit happened in Philly the amount of elderly poor black people literally in tears because it's a pandemic and they no longer had access to food or their medication was staggering. But hey fuck them for not marching and posting NO JUSTICE NO PEACE online like a true hero.

j5UluvS.png

Isn't that right Sai-kun you badass?

Dick Jones

Gold Member
KfJZFrY.png

Das9rR9.png
Finally Nepenthe is picking fights with people her own size.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
does someone want to try and translate this? the government let the businesses loot "the states ostensible obligations to it's own citizens to protect their very life"? the government let the businesses loot the state? what?

eiDf9dl.png

also i love how we are supposed to hate "businesses" for looting "everything of value". yet what is the solution?

you guessed it, more looting!

Last edited:

LarknThe4th

KfJZFrY.png

Das9rR9.png
What.... the fuck

Oh I'm so empathic but I'm also overtly militant when it comes to all white people(yes even there babies!!)

What the fuck is wrong with this person

bender

What time is it?
does someone want to try and translate this? the government let the businesses loot "the states ostensible obligations to it's own citizens to protect their very life"? the government let the businesses loot the state? what?

eiDf9dl.png

also i love how we are supposed to hate "businesses" for looting "everything of value". yet what is the solution?

you guessed it, more looting!

NG7sjuD.gif

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
so people who have rioters shooting into their house are fine with it, because they are braindead morons. Era of course celebrate this death wish. because they are also braindead morons.

W1t0xmu.png

this is some hardcore death wish. literally valuing "the movement" over your life
Same people who cancel folks from one non SJW tweet or something said 40 years ago. No logic whatsoever.

JordanN

Banned
eYhvmvg.png

We're making progress! White people are going to be labeled "POC" in the future.

Yet so many users are doing back flips and can't accept Italians exist. Others are now claiming he has to be Filipino or Latino. :messenger_confused:

Last edited:

Vaelka

So there's nothing particularly wrong with the content of this thread, but for those "in the know" it does kind of expose Era's hypocrisy:

I'm a fan of Vtubers, but by Era's standards, the most popular ones probably shouldn't have a platform there. Like half of the most visible Hololive members would be considered pedophiles by Era's staff (and Matsuri might straight up unironically be a pedophile).

Of course the most likely answer why they wouldn't shut it down is because staff don't know about this stuff, at least not any admins. There's definitely lower level staff that probably know but don't care like Jawmuncher.

Now compare to this thread in regards to someone that's actually MUCH tamer when it comes to their opinions on this stuff:

Edit: Oh, and I just noticed Laiza, who in the past has been a MASSIVE critic of underage sexualization in anime and games, seems to be a fan of Matsuri. How ironic.

If she's a pedophile she'd fit right into Resetera so what are they complaining about?
They should invite her.

Edit: Wait, she has big boobs.
This must be so confusing to them, does their endearance of pedophiles outweigh their hatred of big boobies?

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
zyb4B4T.gif
Sound the sirens, there's a freethinker on the loose!
zyb4B4T.gif

Lautar0 is going against the narrative.

bSzYuHq.png

#Phonepunk#

Banned
is anyone able to see the results for this? bet the results are disturbing.

these people are total sociopaths. they would voluntarily happily march into slavery if it meant they had access to all the media.

fsHu9ah.png

lmimmfn

zyb4B4T.gif
Sound the sirens, there's a freethinker on the loose!
zyb4B4T.gif

Lautar0 is going against the narrative.

bSzYuHq.png
Lol, have got to hand it too him lasting through that, im excited now for the outcome, for sure he has to misstep.

DrCheese

W1t0xmu.png

Yikes! That entire twitter thread is just insane.

"and shot through our front windows right at where Naomi was standing in our living room. It was an automatic .22 caliber and the bullets landed inches away from where she was standing."
Basically pure luck she wasn't hit then... A few inches difference and her life would have ended.

They fired another 10-20 rounds directly at where they saw me standing, blowing out the rest of the windows on our first floor and filling our metal door with bullets.
So 100% deliberately tried to kill you then. No "Sending a message" no "warnings" just straight-up attempted murder.

The incident seems to have been targeting someone else and the shooters potentially got the wrong house.
oh that makes it ok then.

Although it’s hard to be sure, especially when it seems like they saw us in the windows and still fired.
Gee it's almost like people who think it's ok to shoot into a house aren't nice people.

The solution, we’re told, is more policing, harsher sentences, increased restrictions on firearms.
What else are you supposed to do with LITERAL armed shooters who think it's ok to shoot into a random house & aim a bullet at your face? Talk nicely to them? Without Law & Order, there's no one who will be able to stand up to anyone who feels that this is ok. *You* might think it's ok in your lovely fantasy world, but the majority of the public want to be able to go about their lives without being randomly shot in the face (Or at least if that happens, the person is punished)

"But part of being a socialist is having empathy and love for other people. We forgive whoever did this. "
I'm sure they really care.

They seemed very young, and the idea that one bad decision should define the rest of their lives is cruel.
Putting someone in jail FOR ATTEMPTED MURDER would be cruel?!

This feels like a clown world at times - You can support & value a movement without needing to give yourself entirely over to it & ignore any abuses in its name.

This has zero to do with race, sex, gender, politics whatever - This is just horrible people doing horrible things to others without a care in the world. You can not explain away that kind of sheer nastiness as someone "just having a bad day" This is why the "Lets get rid of all police" movement is so dangerous. They don't seem to understand that their will always be some messed up people out there who will hjack your end game to do evil. You should not make excuses for them. They certainly don't care about you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom