• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Weltall Zero person named themselves after a mech from Xenogears. That game was my jam back in the day. Fittingly, the mech in question is said to belong to a slayer, because their legitimately #woke comment — despite going over everyone’s brainwashed brains — was slaying.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
LOL for sure. here's a tip:

if you don't want random people responding to what you write THEN DONT USE TWITTER

Looking at that ratio, it seems like a lot of people tripped over themselves to “actually...” her while completely missing the forest for the trees.
holy fuck, you mean people using Twitter responded to a Tweet? UN-FUCKING BELIEVEABLE!~! using the service precisely in the way in which it's meant to be used!!! these bastards!!!!
You don’t need 3k people to tell her “yeah but there’s this one character”. To put it differently, I’m not gonna pretend this would have gone down the same way if it was a random semi-famous dude making one single factual mistake with little bearing on the overall point.
bullshit if it was a semi famous dude talking shit about Star Wars on Twitter and accusing it of being sexist then it would end the same way every conversation on Twitter ends.

like, what the fuck is wrong with these people? they keep using doing the same things and expecting different results. do they think eventually they will write a public Tweet about a giant IP and nobody in the 330 million+ Twitter users will challenge them? is this really what they want? just unthinking acceptance? talk about living in an entitled fantasy land...

Last edited:

MisterHero

already bitching about the Mandalorian not having enough female characters after only two episodes

😂
Hey look Anita Sarkeesian trying to start shit again.

She would have a prestigious shitposting career if it wasn't indirectly linked to someone's death, then tweeting links to suicide hotlines after said death.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Okay! I've no experience in it like what with working in engineering, but it can't be hard to pass messages along and antagonize everyone thinking I'm a god.

EviLore EviLore sort our tags out baby!

Ncq9evp.jpg

jason10mm

Gold Member
That Weltall Zero person named themselves after a mech from Xenogears. That game was my jam back in the day. Fittingly, the mech in question is said to belong to a slayer, because their legitimately #woke comment — despite going over everyone’s brainwashed brains — was slaying.

That the guy who got 5 other folks banned just for quoting him and saying "Good post"?

You know TRUTH was spoken when just a mild statement of agreement gets you BANNED for wrongthink!

Didnt insult anyone. Didnt make any racist or -phobic comments. Just laid out truth and got banned for it.

I especially like the "against the community" ban when tons of posters post "fuck cishets", "fuck men", or "fuck whites" with no repercussions whatsoever. Arent those folks in the community as well?[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

600Breezy

Jesus Christ what is this thread.

Anita once again having a moan about MAH REPRESENTAYSHUNNNN, gets proven 100% wrong about the garbage she just spewed, and you still have the usual suspects in the thread saying “ohhhhhh but look at her larger point” “Shes talking about a bigger issue”

She’s prob still humiliated from the time she tweeted CDPR asking them to employ her business to consult on minority representation for Cyberpunk so “they don’t get dragged by the entire internet” and they completely ignored her 😂

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Anita once again having a moan about MAH REPRESENTAYSHUNNNN, gets proven 100% wrong about the garbage she just spewed, and you still have the usual suspects in the thread saying “ohhhhhh but look at her larger point” “Shes talking about a bigger issue”

She’s prob still humiliated from the time she tweeted CDPR asking them to employ her business to consult on minority representation for Cyberpunk so “they don’t get dragged by the entire internet” and they completely ignored her 😂

Such a grifter. I laugh harder at all the morons that donate to that scab.

:pie_roffles:

In regards to Royalan's case, they got people in there now talking about how it's not constructive to get into a "I suffer more than you" kinda debate... Like, what? That's the entire point of Intersectionality and something the believers on Era act out with glee each and every day.

I thought intersectionality was the idea that marginalized groups need to stick together because they're all going through "the struggle".

Which is of course why it'll never work. So many groups are constantly shitting on each other for one reason or another right down to the most marginalized of all. Jews and Muslims are constantly feuding, there's a very high rate of homophobia among the Muslim population and to a lesser extent the black population, every single letter of the LGBT spectrum hates the other letters in some way or another, there is a growing war between trans people and non-binary people which is not going to have a pretty ending, and that's all just off the top of my head.

Intersectionality is impossible and always will be. There are too many identities that are antithetical to the concept of other identities for it to ever work.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I thought intersectionality was the idea that marginalized groups need to stick together because they're all going through "the struggle".

It's a contradiction, because while many would claim that's true, it's main purpose is to weigh everyone's various oppressions in order to determine which group of overlapping political identities is the most marginalized and most discriminated against. Here's the opening paragraph from Wikipedia:

Intersectionality, also called intersectional feminism, is a branch of feminism asserting that all aspects of social and political identities (gender, race, class, sexuality, disability, etc.) discrimination overlap (or "intersect"). For example, race with gender in the case of a black woman. Intersectionality aims to separate itself from white feminism by acknowledging the fact that all women have different experiences and identities. It is a qualitative analytic framework that identifies how interlocking systems of power affect those who are most marginalized in society. The term was coined by black feminist scholar Kimberlé Williams Crenshaw in 1989. There are various forms of social stratification such as class, race, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, disability, and gender, which are included in the consideration of intersectional feminism and its social and cultural effects. The purpose of intersectionality as a theory is to identify how overlapping categories of identity impact individuals and institutions, and take these relationships into account when working to promote social and political equity.

The whole thing is about finding out who is the most oppressed and working to divvy up "equity" accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
That the guy who got 5 other folks banned just for quoting him and saying "Good post"?

You know TRUTH was spoken when just a mild statement of agreement gets you BANNED for wrongthink!

Didnt insult anyone. Didnt make any racist or -phobic comments. Just laid out truth and got banned for it.

I especially like the "against the community" ban when tons of posters post "fuck cishets", "fuck men", or "fuck whites" with no repercussions whatsoever. Arent those folks in the community as well?
[/QUOTE]
All those white,cishet men over there hate themselves though.

It's a contradiction, because while many would claim that's true, it's main purpose is to weigh everyone's various oppressions in order to determine which group of overlapping political identities is the most marginalized and most discriminated against. Here's the opening paragraph from Wikipedia:

The whole thing is about finding out who is the most oppressed and working to divvy up "equity" accordingly.

Wow, I've completely misunderstood it. That's even less workable. The solution for certain marginalized groups will be part of the problem for others, so prioritizing those at the bottom of the bottom sounds like a disaster in the making. The more divisive aspects of human nature will take over before you even get halfway there. Like it's not even idealism, it's just stupidity.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The solution for certain marginalized groups will be part of the problem for others

Bingo. You're seeing this manifest in the Trans vs. women debates, or non-binary vs. trans debates. Hell, even gay and lesbian experiences differ dramatically and their interests do not always align.

On a similar note, there was an affirmative action initiative on the ballot earlier this month in Washington state, which was heavily opposed by large numbers of the local Asian American population, who drove the opposition effort.

theekad

Banned
The “say/do something stupid for a reaction, cry that that reaction is tantamount to harassment” game is tired at this point. Even with a beloved and extremely popular IP like Star Wars, her tweet barely got any play.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Have they declared Christmas a bigoted or racist holiday?

benjipwns

Banned
Wow, I've completely misunderstood it. That's even less workable. The solution for certain marginalized groups will be part of the problem for others, so prioritizing those at the bottom of the bottom sounds like a disaster in the making. The more divisive aspects of human nature will take over before you even get halfway there. Like it's not even idealism, it's just stupidity.
Intersectionality demands that the ratios of power be discovered first before anything is done. Much like how it's bad to be colorblind or to treat individuals as individuals rather than groups they happen to be part of.

Look into the idea of the progressive stack, the greatest invention ever. Especially how it tore apart large parts of Occupy Wall Street.

Didn't Anita promise people a game if they gave her tons of money and it never ended up coming out?
Anita's delivered exactly what she promised: useless garbage nobody cares about and increasingly fewer people are willing to pay for.

You may be thinking of another famous grifter, Zoe Quinn.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

I'm still waiting for all the SJW crying for female representation in media to fight the good fight for equality for such acclaimed Academy Award roles like:

- The demented serial killer
- The fat slobby comedic relief dude
- The skinny nerd
- The racist or corrupt cop or police chief
- Any role having to do with KKK and Nazis
- A rapist (where it's a female taking advantage of a kid)

I don't see any women putting up their hands.

Let me guess, SJW whiners only want representation in good positive roles.

Last edited:

NeilH1982

Banned
Her own Twitter and Patreon are hate groups that spread conspiracy theories?

Those are non-profit according to Era, at least the reply was that she's not stacking bills because she runs a non-profit (Non-profit only really means that you spend all of your money :pie_thinking: )

Kev Kev

wdTrdcC.png

source.gif

lol, literally just descibes the exact fucking events that occured and gets banned. even says she doens't deserve the harrasment.... "nope not good enough, you're a sexist pos, BANNED!", what a joke

EDIT: now i wish that every ban on era put "BANNED!" with caps and exclamation on the ban post itself

Last edited:

nush

LOL he deleted all of his Resetera tweets

Oh no! Maybe he was hacked buy all those people harassing him through his social media? (No receipts) I'll help you out Hobbes good buddy, I'll put the tweets up here so everyone can see your cry for help and the injustice of your ban. Next time a Resetera mod comes through they'll be sure to see them. Stay strong and manage this incident well. (y)

olPSYWp.png

OQbEN5b.png

ryn1eFQ.png

RICb3s5.png

nush

l9i4ZAF.png

Update: Now 48 hours, stickied on the top of the forum STILL cant break 100 posts.

Nobody.actually.cares...

Someone says something maybe transphobic 1000's of virtue signalling posts and outrage Olympics posts. :unsure:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
l9i4ZAF.png

Update: Now 48 hours, stickied on the top of the forum STILL cant break 100 posts.

Nobody.actually.cares...

Someone says something maybe transphobic 1000's of virtue signalling posts and outrage Olympics posts. :unsure:
What idiot wants to risk getting permabanned posting in that thread?

"Trans Day of Remembrance is good" Permabanned for thinking it's good that trans people get bashed on a daily basis.

"Trans Day of Remembrance is bad" Permabanned for thinking it's not a good idea to have Trans Day.

i feel a bit in between the forums. Here skews a lot more right wing than I like, but era is just quite extreme at this point. I got banned for saying Lindsay Ellis making a joke at Ricky Gervais wasn’t transphobic but clearly I was incorrect as here we are.

reading the drama I see the same issue that trans and non binary communities have everywhere in western countries- they are the same white boys clubs (or girls) that they claim to hate. A gay black mod made a comment about asexuals 2 years ago and is made to stand down.They ignore any black or Asian voices within their community. For how enlightened they are they only know what it’s like to be gay,trans, non binary in their little circles usually living in nice areas or cities. They couldn’t give a shit about a gay person from a black community who probably has seen a lot more shit than them in their life.

but being racist doesn’t get you a probation or ban on era. Only being anti trans does.

Tesseract

Banned
i feel a bit in between the forums. Here skews a lot more right wing than I like, but era is just quite extreme at this point. I got banned for saying Lindsay Ellis making a joke at Ricky Gervais wasn’t transphobic but clearly I was incorrect as here we are.

reading the drama I see the same issue that trans and non binary communities have everywhere in western countries- they are the same white boys clubs (or girls) that they claim to hate. A gay black mod made a comment about asexuals 2 years ago and is made to stand down.They ignore any black or Asian voices within their community. For how enlightened they are they only know what it’s like to be gay,trans, non binary in their little circles usually living in nice areas or cities. They couldn’t give a shit about a gay person from a black community who probably has seen a lot more shit than them in their life.

but being racist doesn’t get you a probation or ban on era. Only being anti trans does.

with respect i'd invite you to search for various political compass threads and check the actual leanings, the data doesn't lie

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

It's pretty spread out as far as politics. Right leaning perhaps but all voices are valued. Welcome/back to the sane place

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

I was like that for a while, too, posting on both forums (more on Era due to activity and a few community threads), but honestly, I'd much rather be at place that doesn't ban people for not tiptoeing a constantly evolving line. There was a pretty hard turn towards extremism sometime in late 2018, and 2019 at Era has been pretty insufferable, with this recent event being quite the culmination, I would say.

I agree that there is a lot of right-wing and conservative representation on GAF right now, but that's only because most of us more liberal people stopped posting. Gotta be the change you want to see, I suppose.

For me, being able to actually discuss things on a discussion forum is pretty important, it turns out.

Seriously, this place is not that right. There is a lot of left leaning people here, myself included. The right seems prevalent here by comparison because right leaning members are allowed to talk freely here.

Speak your piece and you will find a lot of us agree with you here and you will get debate from people who don't. If the right leaning person is speaking nonsense, partisan drivel, or overt bullshit, they get called out by everyone - from both the left and the right here.

Stick around, make good points, and relax. There is no wrongthink by the group here.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

We tend to lean toward individualism and liberty on the political compass more than left or right. Either way, welcome back. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom