• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.png

Can someone remind them the forum owner is Asian and the acephobe mod was black and gay? LMAO
Blatant fucking racism. Fuck off with your anime avatar you pansexual demisexual bi trans homosexual prick, just be honest and say you'll fuck anyone that's willing to sleep with you.

image.png

Can someone remind them the forum owner is Asian and the acephobe mod was black and gay? LMAO

I think they legitimately don't know that Cerium is Asian. A lot of these people never venture outside of Era, so they don't get the information we do. And even if someone brings it up to them, they'll just assume it's fake news despite the fact that Isamu's name is on the friggin LLC.

Last edited:

600Breezy

Blatant fucking racism. Fuck off with your anime avatar you pansexual demisexual bi trans homosexual prick, just be honest and say you'll fuck anyone that's willing to sleep with you.

lol you can just imagine this guy cowering in his basement every second of every day, scared of the big bad cis-het white man coming to get him at any minute 😂

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
That's not even close to diverse enough lol, most look like straight white dudes

and I don't think diversity is a bad thing, hell it's a GREAT thing, but shit like "no cis white dudes please" just irks me

Their idea of diversity is having minorities fill the majority of roles, be it in trivial things like entertainment (acting roles) or serious matters like positions in governance.

Personally I think things will work themselves out. As minority populations grow so will their inclusion in government (seen quite dramatically in the USA over the past several years) and business (an obvious trend for more than a few decades now). I find Hollywood's woke forced diversity to be embarrassingly token. They try so hard that in many shows almost everyone is a minority now - especially adaptations, where they frequently alter the race of decades-old characters to black or hispanic. It doesn't feel organic. The characters no longer feel like the same characters we grew to enjoy over the years.

I don't know why I am typing this. This used to be a staple. This used to be common sense. This used to be the liberal thing. But here we go.

"Inclusivity should never require excluding other demographics of people in favor of others. Inclusivity is supposed to be the drive to reject outright bigotry and prejudice and allow fair access to all people"

What the fuck kind of funhouse mirror is Era these days!?

Last edited:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Man... just started checking in on Ree and seeing what it's all about.

They've lost their damn minds. This is worthy of a sociological study.

I don't know what the causation is, or if this is a microcosm of the progressive web. But it's like the most insanely hysterical and yet constantly policed group therapy session I've ever seen. Perhaps joining a community that was formed solely to run from another community is what led them to go down the rabbit hole.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Man... just started checking in on Ree and seeing what it's all about.

They've lost their damn minds. This is worthy of a sociological study.

I don't know what the causation is, or if this is a microcosm of the progressive web. But it's like the most insanely hysterical and yet constantly policed group therapy session I've ever seen. Perhaps joining a community that was formed solely to run from another community is what led them to go down the rabbit hole.
It was happening here too before they left. They just doubled down on the craziness and tried to disguise it as a gaming forum over there.

Last edited:

nush

So fat fishes topics going as ironically expected.

rPilW1z.png

lookatmego, reasonable point made but we've seen so many banned for posts like this "I'm not saying X, I'm saying Y" user gets banned for saying X.

Lets see that in action on the Michael Jackson movie topic.

vGyslc9.png

Moronstrike comes in for the kill
Y5PsDbG.png

But he can't get the kill so he signal boosts on and cross posts in fat fishes topic.
B2CcY5Y.png

Jamrock then needs to come into fat fishes topic to call out moronstrike for cross topic posting drama and to ask for receipts.
nTUQ5MT.png

Receipts please? *Radio static*

feint voice: accusations are evidence....

Bonus kill in the MJ topic, oh wow what a troll!!!
cC6mT56.png

Moronstrike comes in for the kill
Y5PsDbG.png

Fresh off the Kill.. Moronstrike posts this..

He's getting picked on... in college.. he's 26.. surrounded by 18 year olds, okay.

Why is he getting picked on?

CormoranStrike said:
Wearing pokemon t shirts
Being kinda overweight
Being tall
Self harm scars when I wear short sleeves

Amongst other things.

Does ban baiting people and getting them kicked off Reeeeeeera make him a better or worse person than the people making fun of him in real life?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Fresh off the Kill.. Moronstrike posts this..

He's getting picked on... in college.. he's 26.. surrounded by 18 year olds, okay.

Why is he getting picked on?

Does ban baiting people and getting them kicked off Reeeeeeera make him a better or worse person than the people making fun of him in real life?
He sounds like a real peach, I'm flabbergasted that people don't like him in real life.

/s

He sounds like a real peach, I'm flabbergasted that people don't like him in real life.

/s

I mean, he sounds exactly like I'd expect him too.. it's actually surprising how forthcoming he was. It seems like that would describe a lot of the 'vocal' people over there. There are SO MANY blatantly unhappy people there.. it's astounding that they all found each other. I don't know what it is.. but so many of them come across as such sad sacks. Every day a new one of them is posting about how much their life sucks.. someone just today was posting that their life is terrible and their adoptive parents hide food from them.. wtf.. why can't you fuckers be normal?

I'm not super successful in life by any means, but I have a house, a wife, a family, a job, I go on enthusiast forums to be a fucking enthusiast and talk about things I like, it feels like most of these jackholes just want a venue to bitch & complain and pretend they're the popular successful assholes they wish they were. These people will never be "Prominent Members" in real life, so they'll fight tooth and nail to be one in pretend world.

dream

This is why I sometimes struggle with making fun of these idiots; I realize that their behavior is symptomatic of serious, often self-induced, real life problems. But then they go and revel in their idiocy online and all I want to do is point and laugh.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
This is why I sometimes struggle with making fun of these idiots; I realize that their behavior is symptomatic of serious, often self-induced, real life problems. But then they go and revel in their idiocy online and all I want to do is point and laugh.
Attention rules all.

It's the age of Twitter, Instagram and message boards.

Intuitively, you'd think someone in a distressed and depressed life would try to help themselves by seeing a doctor or keeping it mum so the internet world won't make fun.

But some people still......... "got to tell the world!!!!" because getting a random poster to acknowledge their awkward life brings them more joy than trying to actually fix the things bugging him in real life.

Have fun trying to figure that one out.

Saiyu

I can't understand the love for the UK Labour party there. Surely they should be crying out against a terrorist sympathiser who has let racism run rampant in his political party.

Attention rules all.

Intuitively, you'd think someone in a distressed and depressed life would try to help themselves by seeing a doctor or keeping it mum so the internet world won't make fun.

But some people still......... "got to tell the world!!!!" because getting a random poster to acknowledge their awkward life brings them more joy than trying to actually fix the things bugging him in real life.

I feel like some of these... posters... feel like the whole forum is their family and by sharing it with their trusted family... things will get better. But it's not going to get better unless you DO something. Talking and bitching about things doesn't get anything done.

dream

Attention rules all.

I guess I’m enough of a sucker to believe that while they are absolute attention whores who intentionally play weird games for online sympathy, they also most likely don’t have any real world support networks.

That said, for people like this tubby 26 year old who wears Pokémon shirts in public, I think my sympathy ends when I see them using the same bully tactics online.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Attention rules all.

These people are already anonymous in real life (or at least feel that way) so online anonymity is a curse for them. For once they could just shed their demons and be accepted as a normal person but oh no, gotta bring all that baggage to the web because there it is currency.

Last edited:

dream

It’s not just a form of currency—they also weaponize their own misfortunes in order to somehow attack and demonize people who don’t suffer from the same social afflictions. In this sense, I just don’t see how these people are any different from incels who rail against chads or whatever the fuck.

FUBARx89

I can't understand the love for the UK Labour party there. Surely they should be crying out against a terrorist sympathiser who has let racism run rampant in his political party.

I'm surprised they're not fawning all over Jo Swinson and the Lib Dems. They're the party that type of idiots love.

I doubt half of them are even British and know the parties if I'm honest, so it's not asif they could even say "we remember the lib dems fucking us all over with the tories a few year back"

All half of em will know is Tories bad, leader say racist and homophobic stuff. Labour good, for the few. Not the many. Tax the rich!

And it's good enough for em.

With the most vocal, there is obvious narcissism granted by the online anonymity rooted in insecurity of their daily lives and personal problems. When they 'cancel' people or slander people with harsh accusations, its out of a need for coping for more underlying issues unrelated to the topics and the forum. This is not an excuse. This is a monstrous way to deal with one's problems and it's destructive to enable them.

Edit: The fact there is a community to enable them is sad considering these individuals will never seek actual and professional help for any underlying issues.

Last edited:

dream

With the most vocal, there is obvious narcissism of online anonymity rooted in insecurity of their daily lives and personal problems. When they 'cancel' people or slander people with harsh accusations, its out of a need for coping for more underlying issues unrelated to the topics and the forum. This is not an excuse. This is a monstrous way to deal with one's problems and it's destructive to enable them.
Agreed. Misery has always loved company, but with these platforms that seemingly only exist so that the miserable can not only commiserate but lash out in some misguided attempt at getting “revenge,” I think we’re seeing a terrifying and culturally damaging evolution of mental illness.

JordanN

Banned

aSqGtLI.png

How much more of this feminism shit are we suppose to take? Seriously, it's ruining everything.
Men are not allowed to exist anymore? Everything must be "50% female" or you're a sexist racist Nazi hitler?

giphy.gif

I feel so ashamed at what Western society has become.

Last edited:

chris121580

The takes in the Michael Jackson thread are cracking me up. Those people are such morons. I find it sad that to so many of them innocent until proven guilty is not a reasonable response and gets you banned. That place is the biggest train wreck on the internet.

How long before the black users there organize their own revolution on the site? Even though many of them are quiet right now it's only natural that they should feel slighted by the recent turn of events.

I recall a black user there named Lionpride who caught a ban and a lot of the black users petitioned for him to be brought back, but they were basically told to go fuck themselves. Meanwhile this ketkat person not only gets his account back, but gets a black/gay mod axed in the process. Yeesh.

To be fair Lionpride was an obnoxious racist.

nush

VLeyWH9.png

If ever there was a better example of how Eras changed since the start

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
To be fair Lionpride was an obnoxious racist.

Most of his posts were also aggressive driveby shitposts, many of which went unpunished. It was impossible to have a calm, hell merely an adult-feeling conversation with him. I think he was protected by the black mods until it got to a point where it was plain as day he was going to be a prick 99% of the time about any topic. He's one of the few older posters I can even remember because of how awful he was.

Last edited:

nush

Most of his posts were also aggressive driveby shitposts, many of which went unpunished. It was impossible to have a calm, hell merely an adult-feeling conversation with him. I think he was protected by the black mods until it got to a point where it plain as day he was going to be a prick 99% of the time about any topic. He's one of the few older posters I can even remember because of how awful he was.

Lionpride

Drop the N word as much as he likes because black pass

Repeatedly posting that ONE good picture of himself in the hope some woman would want to slide into his DMs.

Mohonky

Part of the irony really.

Ree's most vocal members are essentially the opposite side of the same coin that incels exist on. They behave the way they do because its a forum of individuals who struggle outside of an online space; they typically have poor social skills, low mental health and potentially mental illness/s that manifests itself as being influenced by external factors beyond the individuals control rather than something the individual can address. So they congregate around similarly like minded people online to reinforce their own assumptions of how others view them, how politics effects them etc.

Incidentally, it's also not that much different how hate groups recruit and radicalise.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
The latest dozen pages of this thread compared to the first dozen is a wild ride. ERA has changed so drastically in these past few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom