• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Holy shit.

They are STILL complaining about the staff in that thread. Despite getting their way on chamber getting banned as well as having a text only OT handled by a mod. Despite all of that they are still complaining that they didn't do it soon enough or do it right so they are still mad.

I just......wow.

OT killed, BC banned, and now they are demanding apologies from the staff with the usual "I don't know if I want to post here anymore" garbage.

It will never end.

Ymir

Holy shit.

They are STILL complaining about the staff in that thread. Despite getting their way on chamber getting banned as well as having a text only OT handled by a mod. Despite all of that they are still complaining that they didn't do it soon enough or do it right so they are still mad.

I just......wow.
LOL yup, and whining that the mods "have a lot to answer for still". It's amazing

OT killed, BC banned, and now they are demanding apologies from the staff with the usual "I don't know if I want to post here anymore" garbage.

It will never end.
Don't get my hopes up like that

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
They’re talking about me and it’s a massive paraphrase I never said that at all, I said he was being bullied (because he was) and certainly didn’t say any specific group was bullying him

Transgendered people on Era are treated as though they're infallible. It's the most idiotic form of logic ever, and frankly trans people should be insulted by that logic. The entire point is to be accepted and treated just like everyone else.

Revenge

Hey SlashGames, you are welcome to write here.

How do you feel knowing that the General Manager of the forum you visit everyday, is a Racist and Sexist?

EVXCTtc.png

It really does feel like an implosion of a once successful forum. All of the insiders are leaving, the journos are distancing themselves from there, and the mod team is actively hemorrhaging. It's really funny to witness, ngl. I think I'm gonna have my account permabanned there voluntarily. it's not worth the headache without jumping through the hoops. I just wanna talk.

I did it fairly early into having a membership. Look life’s too short to deal with that kind of nonsense - not because of how anyone identifies but because of the way the forum is a needlessly hostile, toxic site that masquerades as a videogame forum. Never regretted it since, yeah on here occasionally some moron will say some stupid racist/sexist/homophobic/transphobic shit but good lord who cares. It’s the internet - do these people like not use YouTube? Do they have comments disabled? How do they survive in reality being this fragile.

Ultimately who cares though, leave resetera to the mental patients - let them have a space to rant and rave and be whatever they want to be. Just don’t allow them to have an influential presence regarding the entertainment industry - they are a very small portion of people and in no way representative of the public at large.

Also one thing to note, even though I'm not trans or anything like that, I'm speaking as someone who knows and respects trans people. That being said, I really hope you guys don't think ResetEra in any way, shape or form represent real trans people, be it online or otherwise. They're a completely different group on the Internet and should only be seen to gawk at. I've friends who are trans and they're just struggling like many of us are, albeit in different ways. We should recognize that struggle and uplift them too instead of making glib comments about their suicide rates or appearance. They're just like us and we should open our arms to them too.

Dr Kaneda

I said it in the Cyberpunk thread and I say it again here.

That forum is a case study in what happens when fundamentally mentally ill people are not only unchallenged on their insanity but are instead placated to extreme levels and even allowed to dictate the acceptable boundaries of discourse. It staggering to see an echo chamber of retardation where each increasingly more mentally ill user convinces the others of how they are right and it's the rest of the world that's fucked up.

I am glad this place changed but honestly pre-Era split it was headed down that road. Thankfully it changed course before it did even if it was done for cynical/opportunistic reasons.

MrFunSocks

Banned
holy cow i take a day off reading this thread and theres another 15 pages lol. Looks like the shit has hit the fan!

What a joke this is lol. Self requested 1 month bans basically to "think about what they've done" lol. Then Black Chamber was permanently banned for supposedly "not being sincere in his discussions with the mods" lol.

This site used to be *bad*, but Ree has taken it to a whole new level the last few days. The dudes in dresses literally run the show there now. It's now an incel dudes in dresses hate forum. If you don't relate everything back to trans people and "being their allies" then you're a bigot. Unbelievable. I still have 10 pages to read up on, this will be a ride.

Also one thing to note, even though I'm not trans or anything like that, I'm speaking as someone who knows and respects trans people. That being said, I really hope you guys don't think ResetEra in any way, shape or form represent real trans people, be it online or otherwise. They're a completely different group on the Internet and should only be seen to gawk at. I've friends who are trans and they're just struggling like many of us are, albeit in different ways. We should recognize that struggle and uplift them too instead of making glib comments about their suicide rates or appearance. They're just like us and we should open our arms to them too.

Yep, I’ve been trying to get this message across as well. The people on resetera are legit looney toons - not representative of anything.

Complistic

For sure, they face very real issues. It's the ones made up by other people for them I think everyone's having a go at.

Karunamon

Yep, I’ve been trying to get this message across as well. The people on resetera are legit looney toons - not representative of anything.

I have a hard time remembering this sometimes.. it seems like any community that's explicitly trans-positive tends to have a higher level of batshit insanity.

My current SO is trans. We met online, and haven't been able to meet up IRL because of the coof. Shit like this happening on the same screen that you talk to someone you love on? It's hard to differentiate that sometimes

The reminder is legit appreciated. For every miserable, screeching harpy on reee or twitch or twitter, there's probably a hundred otherwise normal people trying to just deal with their lives.

Last edited:
This is why they are so despicable. I like trans people and feel with their struggle. But the fashion trans type on ResetEra are vile, bitter and disgusting people ruining he image of legitimate folks. They crave attention and outrage, it's deep mental illness. "My life sucks so yours should too!"

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Absolutely. A coworker of mine is trans and she is a completely well adjusted person with an actual sense of humor and not a lunatic looking to be offended by every thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kayhan

They banned the dude because he voted for Trump?

Fucking asylum. I'll do an account suicide. Just thinking how would be the best way to do it.

Bunch of lunatics
I don't think he even voted for Trump. He was just fucking around with someone on Twitter.

They were basically looking for any excuse to throw him under the bus.

And Administrator B-Dubs (documented racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, calling people retards) found it with an old tweet.

The lack of self-awareness is staggering.

Last edited:

Exactly. They don't represent anything really beyond their own narcissism. Trans people I've known have been concerned about their jobs, health care, education etc. Just like most of us. Don't imagine they'd have the time nor inclination to participate in a witch hunt about a fucking video game.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think he even voted for Trump. He was just fucking around with someone on Twitter.

They were basically looking for any excuse to throw him under the bus.

And Administrator B-Dubs (documented racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, calling people retards) found it with an old tweet.

The lack of self-awareness is staggering.

B-Dubs digging up old tweets/posts to burn someone at the stake? That's some good ironing right there.

What is the big deal about posting an OT?

Talking about letting him keep it, taking it away from him, not having one at all. It sounds more like hosting the Olympics than starting a thread on a forum.

Obviously it's a far bigger deal than I can understand, and not being able to do it seems to be quite the punishment.

What am I missing? Do people get paid for it?

I said it in the Cyberpunk thread and I say it again here.

That forum is a case study in what happens when fundamentally mentally ill people are not only unchallenged on their insanity but are instead placated to extreme levels and even allowed to dictate the acceptable boundaries of discourse. It staggering to see an echo chamber of retardation where each increasingly more mentally ill user convinces the others of how they are right and it's the rest of the world that's fucked up.

I am glad this place changed but honestly pre-Era split it was headed down that road. Thankfully it changed course before it did even if it was done for cynical/opportunistic reasons.

Amen.

I think it’s important to note the mentally ill part. None of those people are stable, they are very unwell and unhappy in their lives. It’s sad to an extent until you see how nasty and bitter they are.

Even on era these people are a minority yet for some reason hold all the power now. To clarify I’m not talking about trans people just the extremist/crazies/autistic people in general. Why on earth the people who can’t function in society are looked upon as the arbiters of truth and justice blows my fucking mind over there.

The thing that gets me the most is the absolute absence of any humour. They are the least funny bunch of fucks on the internet. Which is impressive considering how absolutely lame most places are now. I’d love to see how these people function in the real world. I’m guessing they are just miserable, introverted and mostly disliked. We all have that one person at work who has no social skills, complains nonstop and is always looking for an excuse to be miserable/file a complaint. I look forward to the sites slow decline.

lmimmfn

What is the big deal about posting an OT?

Talking about letting him keep it, taking it away from him, not having one at all. It sounds more like hosting the Olympics than starting a thread on a forum.

Obviously it's a far bigger deal than I can understand, and not being able to do it seems to be quite the punishment.

What am I missing? Do people get paid for it?
Honestly its just that doing a good OT takes a lot of time in terms of preperation etc. Its not a case of throwing something together in five mins.
No pay involved, its always a passion project.

Last edited:

InDaGulag

How come Atlus and Persona/Catherine didn't manage to create this type of shitstorm? Didn't they also have problems with those games being "transphobic"?

They got the pass because Era is dominated with Sony stans and weebs. No way would they support a campaign to ban one of their favourite developers.

Though I wonder after the Cyberpunk controversy if someone will try to do just that. I honestly don't care one way or another about Cyberpunk, besides that it's over-hyped and the trans twitter jokes were cringe. But TransEra has shown the power the users have over the mods if enough of them ban together in the name of a righteous cause.

And what's with everyone saying Banshee is a troll? I know they're an alt, but what proof is there that they're a troll beyond their name and profile info?

Gotta admit, I never saw the plot twist of Black Chamber turning out to be a Trumper. That kind of blew my mind. Makes everything all the more hilarious.

In a weird way, it DOES kind of validate the "concerns" transERA had, which now I put more weight on after knowing that fact. At the same time, it's hilarious how they now feel even more victimized after a Trumper got so much validation from so many people there, and such a huge OT.

Honestly its just that doing a good OT takes a lot of time in terms of preperation etc. Its not a case of throwing something together in five mins.
No pay involved, its always a passion project.

I see. Thanks.

I love how nobody in the Kyuuji thread can just quietly take a break, or keep it to themselves. There has to be an official post declaring to all that you have asked the mods for a ban, and updates if the duration you want to be banned for changes. It's a thread, not an airport - you don't need to announce that you're departing soon.

ManaByte

They banned the dude because he voted for Trump?

Fucking asylum. I'll do an account suicide. Just thinking how would be the best way to do it.

Bunch of lunatics

Post a thread: "Court Records Prove Trump is a Homophobe"

But when they click on it, have it be the Cerium stuff.

Putting Trump in the subject will get everyone in the asylum looking at it before the nuke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom