• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
As long as no one harasses, insults or dogpiles me just for being excited for Cyberpunk 2077 - I think I might🤘💯
It’s good to have you. I think you’ll find this board a breath of fresh air. You won’t have to apologize for anything or feel like if you say something someone might disagree with, you’ll face a ban. You can actually be yourself. We can disagree with each other and still be friends. What a concept! It’s a great place to discuss games with people who love them.

I just want to take this moment to apologise to you.

Years ago when I was banned from here, I had just gone through a terrible breakup and my life was in absolute shambles. Around that time was when I was banned from here and it was just like the last straw, you know? I lashed out at you and this site and said some horrible things that I am embarrassed by now - and I want you to know that I am truly sorry.

That was thrown in my face today, along with a lot of other things - some from my past that were jokes/trolling and some that are not my fault whatsoever .

I just wanted to clear the air and start fresh with you, as well as this community🤘💯

I maybe don’t speak for anybody but I’m pretty sure everyone is on board man, it’s a videogame forum lets all have fun. Life’s stressful enough as it is.

Sorry resetera went at you for simply being excited for this game and wanting to stick to that rather than the other drama. Good you got out of that toxicity!

As long as no one harasses, insults or dogpiles me just for being excited for Cyberpunk 2077 - I think I might🤘💯
Hey man welcome to GAF

May I suggest you to read all the posts on this thread from the time you got banned till now if you haven’t already?

I know how some people want to paint us as neo nazis, fascists, racists and all the other ridiculous shit.
You’ll realize in no time those are all lies and accusations.

This forum is kind of like a melting pot and it’s beautiful.

Anyway happy to see you here.
Welcome to the party pal!

nush

Gold Member

Years ago when I was banned from here, I had just gone through a terrible breakup and my life was in absolute shambles. Around that time was when I was banned from here and it was just like the last straw, you know? I lashed out at you and this site and said some horrible things that I am embarrassed by now - and I want you to know that I am truly sorry.

That was thrown in my face today, along with a lot of other things - some from my past that were jokes/trolling and some that are not my fault whatsoever .

I just wanted to clear the air and start fresh with you, as well as this community🤘💯
BoldMarvelousFlea-size_restricted.gif

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

Hey BC. Understood. I was informed about those Tweets, but since it was on the back of a ban and those were messy times in general, not going to hold it against you. Apology accepted and sorry about how you were treated back then as well, the bans were likely not deserved going by the >1000 bans I've reviewed and overturned since 2017.

Put that insane witch hunt at Reset behind you and ignore them. Welcome back to NeoGAF.

xiskza

On GAF you can talk about video games and admit to enjoying them without being problematized. You can even say you voted for Trump or Biden (even Jo Jorgensen!) without fear of getting banned.

Let me just tell you, I much prefer the Gaf of today than the Gaf pre-RE. You've done an amazing job, and it seems like these asylum creatures have steered away from here for now.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Let me just tell you, I much prefer the Gaf of today than the Gaf pre-RE. You've done an amazing job, and it seems like these asylum creatures have steered away from here for now.

Thank you. Yeah, GAF was in terrible shape circa 2016-2017, so a powderkeg was bound to go off one way or another. It was a good opportunity to evaluate and address all the underlying issues that had crept up, at least. We have a stronger foundation now and better policies in place so nothing like that will happen again.

Black Chamber

💯
Hey man welcome to GAF

May I suggest you to read all the posts on this thread from the time you got banned till now if you haven’t already?

I know how some people want to paint us as neo nazis, fascists, racists and all the other ridiculous shit.
You’ll realize in no time those are all lies and accusations.

This forum is kind of like a melting pot and it’s beautiful.

Anyway happy to see you here.
Welcome to the party pal!
I read over some of it and I can see that a lot of you were disappointed in me for giving in to ResetEra's ridiculous demands over the past few months.

I don't blame you. I lost some self respect putting up with a lot of their nonsense.

Spreading Cyberpunk hype is just something I really enjoy - I would almost call it a hobby now. You literally have to tiptoe on eggshells over there with everything you say regarding this game, as of about the past 8 months or so - and it's ridiculous. You can't make a thread without someone throwing up a "Fuck CD Projekt Red" post, or another constant derailment regarding the stickied thread, or telling you that "You're shit if you are excited for it and are planning on buying this "transphobic" game".

It was exhausting and I can't see how anyone is going to have any fun trying to discuss it over there.

Then there's the moderation; which aside from being absent most of the time, it is one-sided in favor of the trans members and "protected" members...it's just insane. I don't bear any ill will toward anyone there - except for one person and I am pretty sure you can guess who that is.

*sigh of relief to be gone from there

xiskza

B-dubs continues to placate the crazies.

ruQcXLY.png

Yes, we are now officially going to dig into members social media.

rP0kf6M.gif

Giving the power to the crazies. Gestapo are fully in charge of RE - unfortunately they just reflect the reality of other places, like social media, and even several dem politicians who woud love a thought police on active duty 24/7. But we're the fascists who love tyranny am I right?

Green Saber

Thank you. Yeah, GAF was in terrible shape circa 2016-2017, so a powderkeg was bound to go off one way or another. It was a good opportunity to evaluate and address all the underlying issues that had crept up, at least. We have a stronger foundation now and better policies in place so nothing like that will happen again.
The way you and the other staff managed to turn around the site is really impressive, and the reason I joined a couple of years back.

harmny

Banned
I read over some of it and I can see that a lot of you were disappointed in me for giving in to ResetEra's ridiculous demands over the past few months.

I don't blame you. I lost some self respect putting up with a lot of their nonsense.

Spreading Cyberpunk hype is just something I really enjoy - I would almost call it a hobby now. You literally have to tiptoe on eggshells over there with everything you say regarding this game, as of about the past 8 months or so - and it's ridiculous. You can't make a thread without someone throwing up a "Fuck CD Projekt Red" post, or another constant derailment regarding the stickied thread, or telling you that "You're shit if you are excited for it and are planning on buying this "transphobic" game".

It was exhausting and I can't see how anyone is going to have any fun trying to discuss it over there.

Then there's the moderation; which aside from being absent most of the time, it is one-sided in favor of the trans members and "protected" members...it's just insane. I don't bear any ill will toward anyone there - except for one person and I am pretty sure you can guess who that is.

now that you are here and you can speak without fear of being banned you can ask the two most important questions. do you think cpdr is a transphobic company and... are you a trumper :messenger_open_mouth:?

Last edited:

Welcome aboard mate! Just let that Ree "progressive" trash site behind. Have some fun, discuss about video games.

Here you don't need to follow the "progressive trend" that Ree likes to shove everyone's throats because, let me tell you, they only think they are progressive. They don't know what being an actual progressive person is, as you can see by their behaviors. I'm not that excited for CP as you are, but makes me happy seeing people excited by something they've been wanting for so long.

Everyone is welcomed as EL constantly says, because they are. You have disagreements all over the place, discussions, and at the end of the day is just people sharing their views and opinions. This is not an alt-right forum, nazi or whatever the fuck those little shits call this place.

Once again, welcome aboard! Good to have you here, and keep working on that CP OT you've been wanting to do for so long.

Hey man, I think I said something about it becoming your fault at some point to a degree for staying in that situation. But no hate whatsoever - not totally the same but I stayed in very toxic relationship for five years so I’ve certainly done a version of this.

Point is people may criticize at times, opinions, taste, anything really on here. But no one gets banned or made to feel like a terrible person because of it. You’ll run into people you disagree with here for sure (I do quite often) but that’s the beauty of it.

teezzy

Banned
Nice posts Black Chamber Black Chamber

I think youll like it here. Everyone I can think of here is excited for Cyberpunk next Thursday, I cant imagine why not.

You seem insanely cordial. Dont worry, well break you 😂

Hey - you like Emma Stone or Emma Roberts? How about Emma Watson?

😅

9oDDsXO.png

Incoming ban for cross-forum drama?

Of course not, trans diplomatic immunity on Reee.

Meelow am cry :messenger_tears_of_joy:

9zOgj7q.png

Lmao

"How dare he join Gaf, and they all get along and welcome him accordingly? Why isnt he apologizing to me and my trans community on their site? Doesnt he know I'm reading their site?!!"

Do these fuckers have jobs even? Lmfao no wonder they all vote left.

RyanSaotome

Neo Member

I've been lurking over there checking some of the topics, and I can't imagine what you and others have to deal with just trying to post about games you love. Seeing people constantly trying to derail the Cyberpunk topics with the same "transphobic" stuff woulda driven me crazy and lashed out, I have no idea how you were able to deal with it. Much respect!

This is really not the gotcha that they think it is. Alexa play diplomatic immunity by Drake oh wait...

Who cares what these people think, they’re total lunatics lol. Of course they like to be willfully ignorant - that’s like their thing. No one on here is going to convince them that this is anything other than an alt right circle jerk cesspool and that’s okay. They are the last place I would look for any validation - in fact if I did get validation from them I’d be concerned.

EDIT: The only scary thing for me is they share a lot of the same political ideals with me. It’s disheartening to see how people can twist something good (more tolerance, more inclusion, etc) into this cultish trainwreck

Last edited:

harmny

Banned
resetera is literally creating bigots by the day. the sad part is they really think they are the good guys.

every time they bully and insult someone for not being progressive enough they drive potential allies away. not only that but then they are sad because no one wants to engage with them. and by engage they mean you have to agree 100% with what we say or you are bigot. well the people that don't want to get banned just ignore them and that drives them even more crazy. so now they are actually calling out and going after people that don't want to engage, they are going to start banning people for not answering posts and quotes. black chamber was just the first one.

Last edited:

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
You can't make a thread without someone throwing up a "Fuck CD Projekt Red" post, or another constant derailment regarding the stickied thread, or telling you that "You're shit if you are excited for it and are planning on buying this "transphobic" game".

I think the initial approach they -- and you -- had in mind was okay, regarding the context: Discuss transphobia, specifically regarding CDPR, along with the game. Sure, that lessens the fun, but it was a compromise, and there had to be some sort of compromise for sure over there.
But the whole witchhunt thing that ensued ~~ not sure how that's going to accomplish anything progressive. And it was unfair to try to force a viewpoint by those members. It just achieves that if you participate in such a piling-on, name-calling, character assassination session, then noone wants to have anything to do with you because you're poisonous to the touch.

The exhaustion part would've made me shut off far earlier, and seek refuge elsewhere, but that's your personal thing, can't judge.

I'll own up to it, I'm a fucking libtard, sure, if anyone wants to call me that, fine. Trump is an asshole, blacks are being factually persecuted, COVID is real and people should wear masks, CNN doesn't gaslight its viewers, heck -- I'd fart out far more leftist views than that on a whim at the watercooler. Trans rights, gay rights, bi rights, choose-your-own-gender rights -- it's a full-on go from me. I'm even an atheist, no gods in my reality! Gasp! (But then again, I'm not in the US, so that's not a really controversial position to have in my daily life.)
But this is coming from someone on that political spectrum, and it's coming from the heart: The cancelling thing is serious social cancer, has no actual merits, no matter where you come from, it's a childish internet lashing-out with real-life impact, and it has to stop.

I think it's not happening here, although -- in Politics, sometimes, people seem to be profiled, and what they say sometimes doesn't seem to be taken at face value; instead, they're being reduced to what part of the political spectrum they belong to. I think that's an issue that's somewhat inherent to politically-coloured discourse though. So it's hard to escape. Still not enjoyable to see.

On GAF, I see that for sure, the politically right have a strong presence. But they're not the only political faction on here. The thing that that Twitter dude said in your thread, with GAF being Stormfront in gaming is not just an awful thing to say, it's also dismissive of other parts of this community. Unfortunate that some internet forum dwellers are 100% sure they're right with saying such nonsense, and not being checked for it.

Enzo88

So help me understand, to be a 'lib' (the fucking audacity of these people) , you gotta believe black people can't be racist, by nature, and only white people can?

Aaaaaaight.

Sleepwalker

Welcome Black Chamber Black Chamber , enjoy your stay and rest easy, you can share your opinions freely without fear of getting unjustly reprimanded.

As for what's going over there, for me it's gone from funny to really sad. So much energy and time spent on something that in the grand scheme of things is very minuscule and has 0 reach. If they dedicated the same energy to self reflection and self betterment they would be much much better off.

It's been a wild ride. I never bothered to make an Era account back then because I knew how it would turn out. I also would not trust the lunatics with my personal data.
I also needed a break from GAF because of all the nonsense that went down (And I am not talking about that made up sexual assault story)

Maybe it's time to return full time. I like the direction this place has taken. EviLore, please never hand the forum to the crazies again.

Black Chamber

💯
Giving the power to the crazies. Gestapo are fully in charge of RE - unfortunately they just reflect the reality of other places, like social media, and even several dem politicians who woud love a thought police on active duty 24/7. But we're the fascists who love tyranny am I right?
B-dubs is a piece of shit.
now that you are here and you can speak without fear of being banned you can ask the two most important questions. do you think cpdr is a transphobic company and... are you a trumper?
No, I'm not a "trumper"😂

I don't like Biden either.

I've been asked this a lot today!

I've never voted once in my life. I'm just not a political person, mainly because growing up my parents were always watching the news and raving about politics when I just wanted to watch a movie or play videogames and I had to wait for them to get off the TV to do so. It truly turned me off of politics - but I used to have fun trolling people using their politics; which was very immature and quite frankly, embarrassing.

As for do I think CD Projekt Red is a transphobic company...

I don't think that the entire company is transphobic. I think that they had some problematic employees that have since been dealt with and I think that the outrage surrounding those past issues continues to permeate to this day. The ad that's got everyone so up-in-arms over there for the "Mix It Up" Chromanticore soft drink was actually created and designed by a member of the LGBTQ+ community who works on staff at CD Projekt Red. That fact seems to be glossed over each and every time that ad is brought up as "evidence" that the whole company is transphobic.

The other issue was the controversial tweet of "Did you just assume their gender?" Yes, that was a tonedeaf response and that employee has long since been dealt with for it.

People change. The company changed. But they get no credit for all the good they do on ResetEra.

I don't know any of the devs personally of course, to say "Yes they said this or that" or how they really feel about the issue; but going by the evidence "I" can see - I do not think they are a transphobic company as a whole.

Sure they've made mistakes over the years; but from what I can tell, they have since corrected those mistakes and put their best foot forward and are doing positive things for not only the LGBTQ+ community - but for women and abortion rights in Poland as well. They are also the most generous and giving studio to their fanbase in the business; giving a lot of value to the consumer in terms of physical content, free DLC and other amenities just for buying their games.

This would be a ban-worthy post on ResetEra; even though nothing I said is false and is all completely factual.

nush

Gold Member
Ur6sLdX.png

How quickly they forget last years trans awareness week.

Or the Asian summit this year

RyanSaotome

Neo Member
As for what's going over there, for me it's gone from funny to really sad. So much energy and time spent on something that in the grand scheme of things is very minuscule and has 0 reach. If they dedicated the same energy to self reflection and self betterment they would be much much better off.

The sad thing for them is that every cause they make a big deal about and try to raise awareness of, they just end up causing it to backfire. Its kind of a Boy who called Wolf situation... they make a big deal about every minor thing, so if theres ever a time they have a real issue with a game or company, people will just write it off as "ResetEra overreacting again.".

I agree with some of their stuff, like there are some issues of transphobia in Cyberpunk. However, trying to bait ban everyone who is interested in the game, calling them human scum for "preferring a game over trans rights" or any of the other crazy stuff they do isn't helping their cause. It just makes them look like crazy people who aren't attached to reality.

Last edited:

correofake333

Neo Member
I was watching all this shitstorm from the barrier, and it basically resembles the Schutzstaffel taking control over the Geheime Staatspolizei and overpowering the proper Wermacht during pre WWII Germany. Basically you have a group of zealots whorshiping an icon and tracting more decision power than proper instructed individuals and organizations with decades of experience. Even high ranked prusian militars reached a point in which they said "fuck this Hitler guy, he is an uneducated ignorant with zero militar background and he is leading us to the disaster".

I mean, it blows my mind that Administration of that forum is basically allowing some users be Judge and Jury, AFAIK that is a basic procedural law principle that can not be broken in any first world legal system (at least where I live).

It is a pity because I enjoy visiting both forums and participating in strict gaming discussions with very interesting users, pretty disappointing they are censoring even people who just want to talk about gameplay mechanics, story, trophies, tips, etc.

PS: I bet that B-dubs guy is on the edge of the anxiety, I don't know anything about him some may neogaf users enlighten me, but seems a person who just want to please everyobdy and he is just experiencing the classic "give your hand, take the arm".

Last edited:

ivan.k

I was disappointed in Black Chamber that he bend the knee to these people and agreed to such compromises but I'm glad he's finally here, in a place where we can freely discuss one of the biggest game of the year, decade, generation etc. Not only CP2077 will be a great game but it's also set Era on fire 🔥
Harry Potter will finally kill them.
Welcome, Black Chamber Black Chamber ♥✊

Last edited:
B-dubs is a piece of shit.

No, I'm not a "trumper"😂

I don't like Biden either.

I've been asked this a lot today!

I've never voted once in my life. I'm just not a political person, mainly because growing up my parents were always watching the news and raving about politics when I just wanted to watch a movie or play videogames and I had to wait for them to get off the TV to do so. It truly turned me off of politics - but I used to have fun trolling people using their politics; which was very immature and quite frankly, embarrassing.

As for do I think CD Projekt Red is a transphobic company...

I don't think that the entire company is transphobic. I think that they had some problematic employees that have since been dealt with and I think that the outrage surrounding those past issues continues to permeate to this day. The ad that's got everyone so up-in-arms over there for the "Mix It Up" Chromanticore soft drink was actually created and designed by a member of the LGBTQ+ community who works on staff at CD Projekt Red. That fact seems to be glossed over each and every time that ad is brought up as "evidence" that the whole company is transphobic.

The other issue was the controversial tweet of "Did you just assume their gender?" Yes, that was a tonedeaf response and that employee has long since been dealt with for it.

People change. The company changed. But they get no credit for all the good they do on ResetEra.

I don't know any of the devs personally of course, to say "Yes they said this or that" or how they really feel about the issue; but going by the evidence "I" can see - I do not think they are a transphobic company as a whole.

Sure they've made mistakes over the years; but from what I can tell, they have since corrected those mistakes and put their best foot forward and are doing positive things for not only the LGBTQ+ community - but for women and abortion rights in Poland as well. They are also the most generous and giving studio to their fanbase in the business; giving a lot of value to the consumer in terms of physical content, free DLC and other amenities just for buying their games.

This would be a ban-worthy post on ResetEra; even though nothing I said is false and is all completely factual.
So.... you're telling me that Ree lied? NO WAY!!!!!

But yeah, they don't care about facts. I got banned for stating a fact (on a more sensitive topic though). But fuck them facts, let's create false accusations and turn them up to 11.

I think the initial approach they -- and you -- had in mind was okay, regarding the context: Discuss transphobia, specifically regarding CDPR, along with the game. Sure, that lessens the fun, but it was a compromise, and there had to be some sort of compromise for sure over there.
But the whole witchhunt thing that ensued ~~ not sure how that's going to accomplish anything progressive. And it was unfair to try to force a viewpoint by those members. It just achieves that if you participate in such a piling-on, name-calling, character assassination session, then noone wants to have anything to do with you because you're poisonous to the touch.

The exhaustion part would've made me shut off far earlier, and seek refuge elsewhere, but that's your personal thing, can't judge.

I'll own up to it, I'm a fucking libtard, sure, if anyone wants to call me that, fine. Trump is an asshole, blacks are being factually persecuted, COVID is real and people should wear masks, CNN doesn't gaslight its viewers, heck -- I'd fart out far more leftist views than that on a whim at the watercooler. Trans rights, gay rights, bi rights, choose-your-own-gender rights -- it's a full-on go from me. I'm even an atheist, no gods in my reality! Gasp! (But then again, I'm not in the US, so that's not a really controversial position to have in my daily life.)
But this is coming from someone on that political spectrum, and it's coming from the heart: The cancelling thing is serious social cancer, has no actual merits, no matter where you come from, it's a childish internet lashing-out with real-life impact, and it has to stop.

I think it's not happening here, although -- in Politics, sometimes, people seem to be profiled, and what they say sometimes doesn't seem to be taken at face value; instead, they're being reduced to what part of the political spectrum they belong to. I think that's an issue that's somewhat inherent to politically-coloured discourse though. So it's hard to escape. Still not enjoyable to see.

On GAF, I see that for sure, the politically right have a strong presence. But they're not the only political faction on here. The thing that that Twitter dude said in your thread, with GAF being Stormfront in gaming is not just an awful thing to say, it's also dismissive of other parts of this community. Unfortunate that some internet forum dwellers are 100% sure they're right with saying such nonsense, and not being checked for it.

Lololol, yeah I’m as left as you can be but oh man someone compared NeoGAF to stormfront? That’s kind of ironic because I was going to label them as a stormfront-like site. I didn’t because I thought that was too harsh. But it’s not that hard to see, there are a lot of hateful people on there actively being hateful, bullying, etc. and only leave room for extreme left ideology - man that is fuckin comical.

Kadayi

Banned

Welcome back duder. Let's get hyped for Cyberpunk

No, man. She’s a transphobe and she’s wrong. And no one needs to tell me that I should hate her... I’ve read what she’s said and it’s disgusting and wrong... and that’s a conclusion that I arrived on my own.

And I posted that because that’s the difference with calling CDPR transphobic... I’ve read the problems the community has with them and I don’t see it.
Nah.

Sleepwalker

The sad thing for them is that every cause they make a big deal about and try to raise awareness of, they just end up causing it to backfire. Its kind of a Boy who called Wolf situation... they make a big deal about every minor thing, so if theres ever a time they have a real issue with a game or company, people will just write it off as "ResetEra overreacting again.".

I agree with some of their stuff, like there are some issues of transphobia in Cyberpunk. However, trying to bait ban everyone who is interested in the game, calling them human scum for "preferring a game over trans rights" or any of the other crazy stuff they do isn't helping their cause. It just makes them look like crazy people who aren't attached to reality.

When I say that these things are minuscule or have 0 reach is because they are convinced they have made such great strides today in defeating an evil trumper and banishing all that is wrong in the world. They argued for days and dedicated so much time and energy only to:

A) Get a user banned unjustly (plus going through his social media posts and private conversations)
B) Changing the creator of a thread on a forum
C) Adding a paragraph to said thread
D) Become "martyrs" by getting banned for "defending" the trans community (in reality they just insulted and treated a fellow user like shit for no reason)

In their heads they have made the world or at least ResetERA a better place for trans people, in reality they spent a full weekend arguing over stupid shit. Regular people will go to the thread and gloss over or straight up not read the first post and move on with their day or get banned for dismissing concerns.

At least when people try to get shit like this viral on social media, you can argue that it'll be seen by hundreds of thousands of people and maybe picked up by media. Videogame boards simply don't have the reach for any of that nonsense.

At the end of the day though, I'm not complaining and I hope they do it again because these meltdowns read like something straight out of a Black Mirror episode.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom