• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B-dubs is a piece of shit.

No, I'm not a "trumper"šŸ˜‚

I don't like Biden either.

I've been asked this a lot today!

I've never voted once in my life. I'm just not a political person, mainly because growing up my parents were always watching the news and raving about politics when I just wanted to watch a movie or play videogames and I had to wait for them to get off the TV to do so. It truly turned me off of politics - but I used to have fun trolling people using their politics; which was very immature and quite frankly, embarrassing.

As for do I think CD Projekt Red is a transphobic company...

I don't think that the entire company is transphobic. I think that they had some problematic employees that have since been dealt with and I think that the outrage surrounding those past issues continues to permeate to this day. The ad that's got everyone so up-in-arms over there for the "Mix It Up" Chromanticore soft drink was actually created and designed by a member of the LGBTQ+ community who works on staff at CD Projekt Red. That fact seems to be glossed over each and every time that ad is brought up as "evidence" that the whole company is transphobic.

The other issue was the controversial tweet of "Did you just assume their gender?" Yes, that was a tonedeaf response and that employee has long since been dealt with for it.

People change. The company changed. But they get no credit for all the good they do on ResetEra.

I don't know any of the devs personally of course, to say "Yes they said this or that" or how they really feel about the issue; but going by the evidence "I" can see - I do not think they are a transphobic company as a whole.

Sure they've made mistakes over the years; but from what I can tell, they have since corrected those mistakes and put their best foot forward and are doing positive things for not only the LGBTQ+ community - but for women and abortion rights in Poland as well. They are also the most generous and giving studio to their fanbase in the business; giving a lot of value to the consumer in terms of physical content, free DLC and other amenities just for buying their games.

This would be a ban-worthy post on ResetEra; even though nothing I said is false and is all completely factual.

Yeah I read the thesis written about CDPR - that supposedly show how deeply transphobic they are. But the case isnā€™t really made all that well at all - the fact that so many people just nod along with that idea based off of: a sexualized in game poster of a trans woman in a cyberpunk dystopian universe, your voice tied to gender, Twitter manager making a totally tone deaf few tweets and getting fired, lack of an apology? I mean thatā€™s it? Thatā€™s the evidence you have to go on to suddenly label the company this horrible thing. With maybe the first game in history that legitimately allows you to make a transgender character in the character creator? With many lgbtq+ members of the team? I mean theyā€™re going hard on this narrative but the evidence just doesnā€™t hold up. Itā€™s just a weird hill to die on when there are so many actual atrocities committed against trans people

EDIT: and look I donā€™t want to minimize how difficult it must be to be transgender. Iā€™m sure itā€™s very very rough, and if you were offended by CDPR to the point you donā€™t want to support them then donā€™t. Just donā€™t ask others to fall completely in line with you if the evidence isnā€™t airtight solid. Trans people are not a monolith, they have varying opinions on things. And just because one trans person is offended doesnā€™t mean all transgender people have to be. I have spoken with several Trans friends and they donā€™t feel this way AT ALL. Are they no longer allowed their opinion? Are they traitors or not trans enough because they donā€™t fall in line with your exact worldview? The answer is no. If thatā€™s intolerable to you then you need to ask yourself why that is. Why are your values and worldview more ā€œrealā€ than theirs? This is what happens when you create this type of echo chamber. Depressing for the human race but entertaining at the moment.

Last edited:

I've never voted once in my life. I'm just not a political person, mainly because growing up my parents were always watching the news and raving about politics when I just wanted to watch a movie or play videogames and I had to wait for them to get off the TV to do so. It truly turned me off of politics - but I used to have fun trolling people using their politics; which was very immature and quite frankly, embarrassing.

I don't think that the entire company is transphobic. I think that they had some problematic employees that have since been dealt with and I think that the outrage surrounding those past issues continues to permeate to this day. The ad that's got everyone so up-in-arms over there for the "Mix It Up" Chromanticore soft drink was actually created and designed by a member of the LGBTQ+ community who works on staff at CD Projekt Red. That fact seems to be glossed over each and every time that ad is brought up as "evidence" that the whole company is transphobic.

The other issue was the controversial tweet of "Did you just assume their gender?" Yes, that was a tonedeaf response and that employee has long since been dealt with for it.

People change. The company changed. But they get no credit for all the good they do on ResetEra.

I don't know any of the devs personally of course, to say "Yes they said this or that" or how they really feel about the issue; but going by the evidence "I" can see - I do not think they are a transphobic company as a whole.

Sure they've made mistakes over the years; but from what I can tell, they have since corrected those mistakes and put their best foot forward and are doing positive things for not only the LGBTQ+ community - but for women and abortion rights in Poland as well. They are also the most generous and giving studio to their fanbase in the business; giving a lot of value to the consumer in terms of physical content, free DLC and other amenities just for buying their games.

This would be a ban-worthy post on ResetEra; even though nothing I said is false and is all completely factual.

I completely disagree with you on the CDPR and Trans front.

Nothing, absolutely nothing, done in public by any CDPR employee to this day remotely qualifies as transphobic. You're free to find those tweets in poor taste, but yours or anybody's taste is not the standard by which transphobia is assessed.

ivan.k

xO7VlMs.jpg

Watch out guys, we've got a badass here.

There's no room in hell for this wrath, just like there's no room in Reeee for anyone who just wants to talk about video games.
Wow, what's he gonna do with his wrath? Buy himself a new dress?

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Lololol, yeah Iā€™m as left as you can be but oh man someone compared NeoGAF to stormfront? Thatā€™s kind of ironic because I was going to label them as a stormfront-like site. I didnā€™t because I thought that was too harsh. But itā€™s not that hard to see, there are a lot of hateful people on there actively being hateful, bullying, etc. and only leave room for extreme left ideology - man that is fuckin comical.
Yeah that happened. Here you go with some context up until the Stormfront bomb drop. Left-handed hi 5 btw
Or6HJ1N.png

The sad thing for them is that every cause they make a big deal about and try to raise awareness of, they just end up causing it to backfire. Its kind of a Boy who called Wolf situation... they make a big deal about every minor thing, so if theres ever a time they have a real issue with a game or company, people will just write it off as "ResetEra overreacting again.".

I agree with some of their stuff, like there are some issues of transphobia in Cyberpunk. However, trying to bait ban everyone who is interested in the game, calling them human scum for "preferring a game over trans rights" or any of the other crazy stuff they do isn't helping their cause. It just makes them look like crazy people who aren't attached to reality.

>I agree with some of their stuff, like there are some issues of transphobia in Cyberpunk.

Hey man can you point them out to me? Iā€™m asking genuinely

If youā€™re talking about the chick with dick. 1)itā€™s not even said sheā€™s trans. For all we know sheā€™s just a chick with dick. Mr.Studd is a hot seller in Cyberpunk lore.
2)Even if sheā€™s trans. Sheā€™s being sexualized like every other person in that place. Worst city to live in America.
3)The ad was created by a lesbian woman.

What other things are transphobic?

I personally think the only thing that was slightly bad was the tweet. But even then as Iā€™ve said before it was just a overused meme by a Polish person who isnā€™t familiar with American culture. Iā€™m sure he was just using a shitty meme for shits and giggles. Simple as that.
How Era fucked his career is super disgusting. Those people are scum.

CDPR is not a transphobic company at all but they wonā€™t bend backwards and yell ā€œHere is my ass for you to screw, youā€™re welcome. Youā€™re all center of the universeā€œ like UbiSoft does(sometimes).

Thatā€™s just my 2c.
Please do mention any other transphobic problem in Cyberpunk if I missed anything.

Last edited:

xiskza

Thank you. Yeah, GAF was in terrible shape circa 2016-2017, so a powderkeg was bound to go off one way or another. It was a good opportunity to evaluate and address all the underlying issues that had crept up, at least. We have a stronger foundation now and better policies in place so nothing like that will happen again.

As long as we have you in charge, I'm sure we'll be fine. The problem with places like RE is that it's rotten from

Dude, don't you know you're dealing with illogical people? There are plenty of gay and black people that worked for the Trump administration, and helped gay people and our rights in countries where we really face discrimination. Do you think that matters at all? Those minorities that worked for him are just nazis with "internalized" homophobia/racism. That's how they operate. They apply the same logic to companies too. Arguing with them is like talking to a brick wall, even if you bring evidence directly to their faces, they are programmed to reject reality and prefer to live in their own bubble. This is my view as someone from the "community" they love to pretend to advocate for. They advocate for leftist ideas, that's it. If you're a trans right winger, they'll treat you like crap. Same if you're gay, black, whatever.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Wow, so much drama. Took me my entire coffee to catch up. Good to see we get more passionate people who wanna talk about games so welcome @Black_Chamber

Secondly, a big shoutout to Komatsu Komatsu who picks up a lot of the smaller OTs as well that no one touches so getting the CP one I'm sure was a big boon and they've probably been working very hard on it with others. I think it's really nice that right away they were open to collaborating and ya know what? Even if the OT is like 4 pages long, who cares? There's a bigger message to send here. So yeah I think Komatsu Komatsu deserves plaudits as well for being inclusive there as well. I'm sure you guys will put something amazing together :)

With regards to era, smdh. You need to stop being puppet admins, you're being fucking used and walked over. Manipulated by emotion. Just fucking get rid of the 10 or so posters that are killing the site. Instant win. Try an experiment, remove them all for 2 weeks and watch the imstant improvement.

tenor.png

nush

Gold Member
This will make a really great copypasta though.

"There are members there pretending to be gamers" That's a hell of an allegation to make.

Let me tell you one thing, and let me tell you now.

Black Chamber,
buddy.

If you ever so much as think to touch the mouse to step in this place again, god help you. There is no room in hell for my wrath right now. You are not the arbiter of what a 'real gamer' is. You don't get to say what does and does not hurt the cause. All these people on the site? The people you hurt, the people you are calling pretenders. You think it matters for one GODDAMN SECOND to us where they are at in their personal lives? FUCK NO. They now and forever have my unwavering support. See that's the difference between us: you think making claims of casual gamers on this site is going to tear us apart? I have news for you buddy. We have never been closer as a community than we are now. Now that you've taken off the mask and shown us all what a little shitstain you are.

You are a goddamn bootlicker who went running back to the gamers you truly identify with in an instant. I'm surprised even they took you back when you obviously have no spine or loyalty to speak of, you fucking coward. You hop in that Outrun Ferrari and drive off into the neon lights you longed for so much. You won't be missed.

nush

Gold Member
I mean, even mods and administration in resetera know/have strong suspicions about that and other users not actually beeing trans people, just pretending. They only not publicly say it to avoid a forum crisis.

When you have a small forum who's percentage of trans members is vastly greater than the national average, a national average that is incredibly small you know something is up.

i just escaped that prison. Asked for them to close my account there. Im sick of that place. Legit one of the most toxic forums i've ever seen. Its like one step above Worldstar comments section.

Last straw was how they treat Black Chamber. He made the mistake of trying to negotiate with terrorists. Give'm an inch they'll take a mile. Once i see how they get him banned by digging thru his offsite activity. Thats a no from me dog. As if it wasn't bad enuff how easy it is to get banned just for having ur own opinion and thought over there. Now u gotta worry about getting banned based on something that has nothing to do with their site??

i can't believe all of this is seemingly over an ingame ad for an energry drink.

I really had enough earlier when one of these psychos was saying shit like "harming us"..."dont feel safe"
Who is hurting them??? Who has harmed them.? How are they injured in anyway by this soda advertisement???
Imagine the actual trans ppl that have real problems. Seeing the bullshit on that site.

Resetera feels like an analogy of soviet controlled vassal states post WW II

You have a ruling party that provides the only correct point of view.
Majority of people on the site don't support that point of view (they have polls which showed people will still buy those games) so what they do is they introduce censorship by banning all polls like this to pretend that majority.

Normal gamers on reset Era adapt the same behaviour that people used in soviet controlled vassal states. They don't dare to speak against official line instead they try to live their normal lives and sometimes perform empty gestures to ensure true belivers of their faith.

I wonder if opening Cyberpunk OT and finding it isn't usual crafted master piece of thread and just bare text talking only about issues will be wake up call for silent majority.

You probably don't know that but massive civil unrest movement that eventually toppled soviet state in Poland wasn't some great fight for freedom at the beginning but a protest of poor working class against goverment worsening situation even more than later evolved into fight for independence.

PS. If people from there are reading this I encourage them to not dismiss this as some kind of hate but to take step back and think for few minutes if they really don't see it ;)

Last edited:

Green Saber

I mean, even mods and administration in resetera know/have strong suspicions about that and other users not actually beeing trans people, just pretending. They only not publicly say it to avoid a forum crisis.
I think it is the same for some who claim to be black over there as well, it is just a way of them being able to say the n word and get away with it. Basically I think half of era are fakes / nut jobs and not who they pretend to be

Last edited:
Yeah that happened. Here you go with some context up until the Stormfront bomb drop. Left-handed hi 5 btw
Or6HJ1N.png

Oh god, thatā€™s just plain irritating - like I donā€™t want the left associated with that type dumbassery. Whatever itā€™s a videogame forum I guess. I return the left hi-five. Thank god that bozo lost lol. No offense to the conservatives here but yeah...

xiskza

Oops, I realized I deleted half of my sentence by accident and can't edit now. What I meant to say EviLore EviLore is that places like RE or Twitter is that they are rotten from the top. If you have admins or moderators who embrace totalitarian attitudes and they themselves partake in censorship and bullying, then there is no way to salvage those places. RE once had a lot of so called "insiders", the majority of them actually happen to be pretty liberal. Most of them are gone. Why? Cause RE is a truly toxic environment that even for them it's too much to deal with, all the forum drama seeps into every thread. I wouldn't be surprised if eventually just descends into irrelevancy. I guess Gaf will have the last laugh.

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
Good Lord! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

EtcetEraThread Oscar-Nominated ā€˜Umbrella Academyā€™ Star Elliot Page Announces He Is Transgender

Reason User banned (2 weeks): misgendering a transgender person, even accidentally, is not acceptable

- sheā€™s a woman. her gender preferences arenā€™t the same

EtcetEraThread How do you cure a Gambling Addiction?

Reason User Banned (3 days): Inappropriate joke

- I Bet you $5 bucks you can't stop gambling.

i had gotten banned over there during the summer, because i didn't agree with the witchhunt they were having to get some dumb IGN intern fired, for having the audacity to like a trump tweet.

The day my ban ends i have a msg from a mod saying they also took away my avatar, for being racist. It was the Redskins logo. U know...the same one on the buffalo nickel. That was created by a native american. Apparently my avatar wasn't racist the other 3 years i had it before the ban.

ikbalCO

wow, this was a rollercoster
i have just spent my entire morning reading 24 pages of drama (here on gaf of course) not doing work at all.

and first and foremost a warm welcome to Black Chamber Black Chamber

there will be times when you disagree or will be times when you support someone's opinion and you wont get banned doing either one of those things.

as a forum should be.

like everyone here i do predicted the downfall of era in the hands of bullies in disguise.

here is my first post ever here on gaf:

Hey Everyone,

I used to read GAF a lot when the current gen was relasing seven years ago. and after that -thing- happened i guess i move to the other site with the herd but that site turn into an orwellian nightmare over the years.

i really couldnt take the bullying and the oppression and found out gaf was still going on and getting stronger.

glad people are leaving that hell hole of a forum.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
i just escaped that prison. Asked for them to close my account there. Im sick of that place. Legit one of the most toxic forums i've ever seen. Its like one step above Worldstar comments section.

Last straw was how they treat Black Chamber. He made the mistake of trying to negotiate with terrorists. Give'm an inch they'll take a mile. Once i see how they get him banned by digging thru his offsite activity. Thats a no from me dog. As if it wasn't bad enuff how easy it is to get banned just for having ur own opinion and thought over there. Now u gotta worry about getting banned based on something that has nothing to do with their site??

i can't believe all of this is seemingly over an ingame ad for an energry drink.

I really had enough earlier when one of these psychos was saying shit like "harming us"..."dont feel safe"
Who is hurting them??? Who has harmed them.? How are they injured in anyway by this soda advertisement???
Imagine the actual trans ppl that have real problems. Seeing the bullshit on that site.
BoldMarvelousFlea-size_restricted.gif

This will make a really great copypasta though.

"There are members there pretending to be gamers" That's a hell of an allegation to make.

Let me tell you one thing, and let me tell you now.

Black Chamber,
buddy.

If you ever so much as think to touch the mouse to step in this place again, god help you. There is no room in hell for my wrath right now. You are not the arbiter of what a 'real gamer' is. You don't get to say what does and does not hurt the cause. All these people on the site? The people you hurt, the people you are calling pretenders. You think it matters for one GODDAMN SECOND to us where they are at in their personal lives? FUCK NO. They now and forever have my unwavering support. See that's the difference between us: you think making claims of casual gamers on this site is going to tear us apart? I have news for you buddy. We have never been closer as a community than we are now. Now that you've taken off the mask and shown us all what a little shitstain you are.

You are a goddamn bootlicker who went running back to the gamers you truly identify with in an instant. I'm surprised even they took you back when you obviously have no spine or loyalty to speak of, you fucking coward. You hop in that Outrun Ferrari and drive off into the neon lights you longed for so much. You won't be missed.

LOL this cracked me up. Oh man this is amazing! I feel like we need a reality show about this guy. Heā€™s talking like heā€™s in the climax of a really bad movie. This is honestly incredible.

kbear

One of the craziest things about this is how TransEra constantly feels like theyā€™re being persecuted by the staff, that the staff isnā€™t protecting them and doing good a job.

Let me try to break it down for the people over there reading this: That entire forum is catered to your whims. The staff has bent over backwards trying to appease your concerns. Youā€™re the most protected group on that forum. The TOS basically doesnā€™t even apply to you. It almost makes me feel bad for the staff... I say almost because they did this to themselves, they cultivated this monster.

TransEra is pretty much running that forum now, thatā€™s how much the staff has catered to them, yet theyā€™re completely oblivious to that fact. The lack of self-awareness is astounding,

Last edited:

Turnstyle

For all the screeching that Era does about FASCISM and nazism, are they honestly too blind to see that banning a member because of their political allegiance is fascism 101?

I don't agree with everything I read on Gaf - some of it rubs me up the wrong way, but I recognise that it's a free place where people can post whatever they want (within reason). If someone says something I don't like, I can enter a debate about it with them, or just skip past it. I wouldn't ever want anyone banned for having an opinion, no matter how much I disagreed with it.

The end result for Era, as we've seen, is a cosy bubble where everyone is agreeing with each other, huffing their own farts, and slapping each other on the back. Go against the grain, and it's a witch hunt.

I guess most of Era are way too young to be aware of McCarthyism, but it's an almost parallel example.

I genuinely wonder how these people deal with the real world, outside their bubble.

Last edited:

Green Saber

TransEra is pretty much running that forum now, thatā€™s how much the staff has catered to them, yet theyā€™re completely oblivious to that fact. The lack of self-awareness is astounding,
Best thing they could do over there at this point is ban them all, and then try to to at least have some sense of a normal forum. But it is way beyond that now, the site is being held hostage by about 10 people who probably are not even trans.

i had wanted to leave that hell hole for awhile. Cuz its mentally taxing to want to interact, but then having to fucking tip toe and be careful what u say or who u say it to. Its a fucking energy drain. Trying not to offend ppl that are looking for a reason to be offended.

The fucking switch went off in my brain the other day, when i read someone there saying...that it wasn't a gaming forum? Oh im sorry. I must be mistaken. Cuz it certainly said Gaming Forum right in the headline of the page. Thats when my finger started itching for the eject button. It was like OH. these are NOT my type of ppl at all. Im not the crazy one here. Im not the person that is wrong. Because u start thinking maybe its u sometimes over there. Because there are just so many of these ppl that all think this crazy shit. And ur wondering why ur not getting offended and wanting to attack and cancel ppl constantly. Ur like, wtf is wrong with me that this doesn't anger me?

but it aint u

cormack12

Gold Member
For all the screeching that Era does about FASCISM and nazism, are they honestly too blind to see that banning a member because of their political allegiance is fascism 101?

I don't agree with everything I read on Gaf - some of it rubs me up the wrong way, but I recognise that it's a free place where people can post whatever they want (within reason). If someone says something I don't like, I can enter a debate about it with them, or just skip past it. I wouldn't ever want anyone banned for having an opinion, no matter how much I disagreed with it.

I's weird. Some people have the perception that if someone states an opinion that is contrary or even a bit reductive and nasty that it means you condone it. Like unless you blast it out of existence it means you support it. People will hold opposing views to you throughout life and sometimes quite divisive ones, it's natural.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
On another note tho - can we keep this drama out of the actual cyberpunk thread on the gaming side. Good to discuss it here I just am not looking to get politically riled up in a thread dedicated to the game.
So far, it's looking good on that front anyway; was just a flicker in the Hype OT, which brought me here in the first place. I don't want to imagine a world where I would've missed that CP77 ResetEra drama.

As an older GAF member who just wasn't around often enough when the '16 / '17 GAF drama was on because RL is a thing, and who didn't look at GAF in '18 / '19 / most of '20, this whole ResetEra story is really weird, by the way.
Back when I was invested in posting about shitty games on GAF to get through the night, gaming was just gaming, and drama was just industry stuff. There wasn't even anything political going on, and surely not on the level it's at now.

I miss some of the old members I frequently quoted back then... Oh well. Maybe they'll come back at some point.

And now that I've spent about a month back here, I'll say that it's interesting to reason with some posters from the other part of the political spectrum, thinking "how the fuck do you get to that weird PoV", and then reasoning with them about programming or gaming, and there's no conflict in spite of political differences.

We can keep that thing going, here's my axe etc

xO7VlMs.jpg

There's no room in hell for this wrath, just like there's no room in Reeee for anyone who just wants to talk about video games.

I'm fairly certain Kyrona is one of the members pretending to be trans and is also an alt of a previously banned member. I've mentioned my friend in the transera discord before and she's mentioned how some of the people in there aren't actually trans. The ones laying it on super thick are probably mostly cis men intentionally making a mess of the site.

teezzy

Banned
Pretty much same as why I left E eastcoastkody

I remember they were getting mad about Red Letter Media for the Captain Marvel review and Rich's Chinese impression, and trying to get RLM cancelled, asserting they were 'problematic' over and over

Then I realized I'd always gravitated towards 'problematic' people: rebels, burnouts, free thinkers, funny people - y'know?

You know who I dont hang out with? 35 year olds who wear Dragonball Z t-shirts and cry on a video game forum because their Uber driver misgendered them.

It put things into perspective for me. I'm glad I found Gaf again. Feels like old friends.

Black Chamber

šŸ’Æ
xO7VlMs.jpg

"We have never been closer as a community than we are now. Now that you've taken off the mask and shown us all what a little shitstain you are."

I'm glad I could help bring the community together by being constantly bullied, insulted, harassed, misgendered and deprived of creative freedom on your crippled, embarrassing, ass-hair of a sitešŸ’Æ
I completely disagree with you on the CDPR and Trans front.

Nothing, absolutely nothing, done in public by any CDPR employee to this day remotely qualifies as transphobic. You're free to find those tweets in poor taste, but yours or anybody's taste is not the standard by which transphobia is assessed.
I agree.

Outside of the "Did you just assume their gender" tweet, I've not seen anything transphobic from them publicly.
On another note tho - can we keep this drama out of the actual cyberpunk thread on the gaming side. Good to discuss it here I just am not looking to get politically riled up in a thread dedicated to the game.
Yes.

Please.

I suffered more than enough of that at the old placešŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I'll add to this. The trans people I know are NOTHING like the ones on Era. They have a sense of humor, they understand that their visibility as a group is very new to a lot of people and there's going to be missteps among those that didn't know they existed a decade ago, and most of all they don't whine about the most minor of perceived microagressions.

To reiterate, ResetEra's trans community is not a good representation of trans people, please do not hate the entire group because of some fringe always-online lunatics.

I know a very lovely trans couple, who have been together for decades, and have actually been through reassignment surgery to change their gender.

They have had to deal with hate, bigotry and intolerance for more years than some of the assholes on ResetEra have been alive.

They are very concerned with what they see in the media these days about what young people are doing to themselves without enough thought. The whole JK Rowling thing made them cringe, because they absolutely understood what she was saying.

Iā€™m led to believe this is a point of view that a lot of the actual trans community have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom