• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far, it's looking good on that front anyway; was just a flicker in the Hype OT, which brought me here in the first place. I don't want to imagine a world where I would've missed that CP77 ResetEra drama.

As an older GAF member who just wasn't around often enough when the '16 / '17 GAF drama was on because RL is a thing, and who didn't look at GAF in '18 / '19 / most of '20, this whole ResetEra story is really weird, by the way.
Back when I was invested in posting about shitty games on GAF to get through the night, gaming was just gaming, and drama was just industry stuff. There wasn't even anything political going on, and surely not on the level it's at now.

I miss some of the old members I frequently quoted back then... Oh well. Maybe they'll come back at some point.

And now that I've spent about a month back here, I'll say that it's interesting to reason with some posters from the other part of the political spectrum, thinking "how the fuck do you get to that weird PoV", and then reasoning with them about programming or gaming, and there's no conflict in spite of political differences.

We can keep that thing going, here's my axe etc
Agreed. It’s weird because I’m not really exposed to people who are right wing in my personal life and sometimes I see some cringey and ignorant shit on here. But we make it work. Forcing my beliefs onto other people is just not my thing and ALWAYS backfires. You’re not selling your point of view well at all if you become immediately hostile. So I’ll usually attempt to see how someone can form certain opinions that I just don’t understand. I way prefer that, actually interacting with the opposing ideals to having them scrubbed out of existence or hidden. I just believe that’s a more mature philosophy on dealing with political discourse. Hate begets hate begets hate. Honestly this is one of the very few non gaming threads I’ve been on - I’m glad I got to witness that happen bc it was entertaining at least but yeah I have a life. I come on here to basically check if any new cyberpunk stuff has come out or any sort of game I should be aware of and that’s about it.

nush

Gold Member
eEQm0l0.png

3i2i.gif

Orta

Banned
I know a very lovely trans couple, who have been together for decades, and have actually been through reassignment surgery to change their gender.

They have had to deal with hate, bigotry and intolerance for more years than some of the assholes on ResetEra have been alive.

They are very concerned with what they see in the media these days about what young people are doing to themselves without enough thought. The whole JK Rowling thing made them cringe, because they absolutely understood what she was saying.

I’m led to believe this is a point of view that a lot of the actual trans community have.

You'd probably get a permanent ban on there for posting that :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Reason: dismissing the feelings of our 8 pretend trans members

ivan.k

trans rights are human rights

black lives matter

fuck white supremacy

there's no such thing as a good republican

conservatism is a cancer
But we're not transphobic. Not racist. Not everyone here is white. Not all of us a republicans, I'm for example not even American.
So save us time, don't post bullshit like this that has nothing to do with reality.

Last edited:
Hello fellow videogamers. Ive been a long time lurker of gaf and era. Back then i couldnt register, because gaf only allowed certain emails. So when the split happend, i registered at Era. And things were okay for awhile. I got my first ban, because i complained about someone saying, all whites are trash. The person who wrote that, didnt get banned, but I got a week, for objecting. Then i got a warning( private one, new ticket system they have) because i was ignoring someone in the david wise thread. I complained about that, and got a 1 day ban, for mod whining 🤯 That was enough for me, i requested my account be deleted, and i havent regretted it. Hoping to discuss games here 😁

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Hello fellow videogamers. Ive been a long time lurker of gaf and era. Back then i couldnt register, because gaf only allowed certain emails. So when the split happend, i registered at Era. And things were okay for awhile. I got my first ban, because i complained about someone saying, all whites are trash. The person who wrote that, didnt get banned, but I got a week, for objecting. Then i got a warning( private one, new ticket system they have) because i was ignoring someone in the david wise thread. I complained about that, and got a 1 day ban, for mod whining 🤯 That was enough for me, i requested my account be deleted, andi havent regretted it. Hoping to discuss games here 😁

Welcome aboard. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Enzo88

trans rights are human rights

black lives matter

fuck white supremacy

there's no such thing as a good republican

conservatism is a cancer
Not sure what you think is going on here or what are you trying to accomplish with this childish attempt but:

trans rights are human rights: duh, we know.

black lives matter: duh, we know.

fuck white supremacy: eh, to what extent this is still a thing (especially outside of the US) we can discuss.

there's no such thing as a good republican: bullshit and I am not even American/Republican. You sound a bit extremist for a "lib".

conservatism is a cancer: not necessarily.

Green Saber

Hello fellow videogamers. Ive been a long time lurker of gaf and era. Back then i couldnt register, because gaf only allowed certain emails. So when the split happend, i registered at Era. And things were okay for awhile. I got my first ban, because i complained about someone saying, all whites are trash. The person who wrote that, didnt get banned, but I got a week, for objecting. Then i got a warning( private one, new ticket system they have) because i was ignoring someone in the david wise thread. I complained about that, and got a 1 day ban, for mod whining 🤯 That was enough for me, i requested my account be deleted, and i havent regretted it. Hoping to discuss games here 😁
Welcome, always good to see new people here.

Forget about the posters pretending to be trans on Era. No one seems to care that Messofanego's parent's literally bought him a wife while he gets to spout his performative woke nonsense. That should be a big deal, but it's ignored completely despite so many other "woke" members over there knowing about it.

Maybe someone can test B-dubs new rule of banning people that don't pass their purity tests by presenting him with some evidence.

Man, what a shitshow. Let this be a lesson to people who think like Black Chamber that it's ok to hide the way you really feel about issues so that you can ingratiate yourself to a bunch of cult-like fascists. You don't want to be part of a community like that. I know the threads are busy but it's not worth it. I used to like posting on Neogaf back in the day but only to serve as an antidote to the lunacy. If you're just going to eat shit and shut up while you're there, get the hell away.

Resetera is absolutely going to come crashing down. It's just a matter of when, not if. There'll have to be a Re-Resetera once the current regime fails the next purity test or just goes full nazi and drives everyone off.

You know, this place used to be SJW central and frankly did an awful lot of damage, but now it could just save the industry. Let's make the Cyberpunk OT really cool.

Last edited:
So I don't do so much internets at the weekend, had a quick browse to this thread to see what's going on with my favourite soap opera...

66902461.jpg

Fucking hell lads, what a ride that was. Confirmed kills all over the place. I think we all saw this coming one way or another. The mods were going to have to either tell the transera crew to back down or go harder at Cyberpunk and all its fans to stop them celebrating the game. Not really surprising which way they jumped in context but is surprising that they haven't worked out where this is going, especially given they read this thread. They were warned about setting this precedent and now that it's set it's going to be hard not to apply these standards to other publishers. They already have a laundry list of targets - Ubi, Warners, Naughty Dog - just takes one person to really go for one of those companies and the wagon will start rolling. Harry Potter we know is dead in the water already.

I know they still have a Cyberpunk thread but it's now been designated a safe space for trans people to discuss the 'issues' in the game, which means that hype posts and normal posts about the game are going to subject to moderation.

Kiraly

People just want to read and talk about Cyberpunk, is that so goddamn hard? Like sure man, if you want to talk about that shit whatever, I don't care and you can't make me care. I'll just click ignore or read over it. That's just the reality of it, what the fuck is the point of getting angry over what you can't control?

I'll tell you what though, ain't nobody getting their mind changed on the issue in a fucking Cyberpunk PC performance thread.

Turnstyle

I's weird. Some people have the perception that if someone states an opinion that is contrary or even a bit reductive and nasty that it means you condone it. Like unless you blast it out of existence it means you support it. People will hold opposing views to you throughout life and sometimes quite divisive ones, it's natural.

You see it a lot on Era, with posters turning their backs on family members because they had the 'wrong' opinion, then gleefully telling Era about it for some brownie points.

That strikes me as really sad. Maybe when you're in your 20s you think you can do without your family anymore - and maybe you can. But to ostracise your Dad, Mom, brother, whatever, because they voted for Trump, or eat at Chick-Fil-A, or some other 'awful' social faux paux is so short sighted.

Life is fleeting. One day, these people will look around and see they've rejected a lot of people who cared about them, and all that's left is a circle jerk of strangers on the internet. Throwing away years of family relationships for the sake of a virtual pat on the back is such a boneheaded move, and I wish I could shake some sense into every Era member who has turned their back on family.

One day they'll get a call from the hospital with some bad news, and it'll be too late.

It's still totally hilarious that the biggest videogame to come down the pike in years won't be able to be properly discussed on the biggest videogame forum on the web, based on nothing other than a couple of slightly edgy jokes by a social media guy at CDPR and an in-game advertisement featuring a trans character that is totally in keeping with the genre the game is set in.

You just can't make it up. It's hilarious to watch a community built on so many misguided principles crash and burn in exactly the same was as you'd expect it would. You really love to see it.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
More than that, they outright admitted they're an alt account:
QNmqtLk.png

The "original" TransEra conversation was in November 2019:

Yet, Banshee mcspook only registered in February 2020:
AJiDnLW.png
As I said I am fairly certain Banshee mcspook is Brian McDoogle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom