• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ymir

I think they're going to legit miss Trump. Like they really really loved making topics about him. Half of etcetera was what new thing Trump did/said. I dislike Trump as much as the next guy but you know what I don't do. Spend my every waking second talking about him. They're always spouting about them living rent free in peoples heads yet Trump has been doing that the last 4 years over there.
Nah, they just want to hate people which is easy to do. Mitch McConnell will become a new devil that was even worse than trump was or someone else or really anybody. They just like the act of hating and attacking others so they'll find a new punching bag regardless of how much it makes sense.

Ymir

Sorry to get in the way of...whatever is going on here but have a Nepenthe yelling at people post from the feedback thread:

2n3GBql.png
LOL so the TLDR is they've finally taken off the mask and "realized they are the ones with power" and now will be more heavy handed in bands to "separate the wheat from the chaff". So she's now just going for angry midget commie? I'm excited for this new chapter.

SNPlayen

I mean I hope some of y'all just hate Jim as a person instead of believing the transition is an "alternative" to...losing weight. In what world is changing gender and/or going to the gym in a mutually exclusive binary? :messenger_tears_of_joy: There are literal trans women athletes with insane muscular frames, ones that are unattainable for 99% of people.. (Now whether or not they should compete in women's leagues is very contentious and is a whole other debate entirely)

Like others i don't care much about his personal life, but as someone who likes to see others happy, even if I don't like them......The point is, exercise, weight training etc can make a depressed person no longer depressed. There was discussion that Jim is going through some sort of depression, so I think Jim would be better off doing these things for a while before transitioning and he might think twice if he comes out of the depression. For all the years that he has been in the public eye he has always been a very large human being, so i think its fair to say he hasnt given that a fair crack.

lunnuyu

Apologies. Yea, I am not addressing that anymore. If I wanted unnecessary essays misframing essentially simple arguments, I would have registered on RE.

Speaking of which someone just posted a Nepenthe one! Let me brew some coffee to sip on whilst reading.

Capcom would like to not associate that mental site with their game series' acronym

1hWsKzu.gif

fuck off jim Sterling wants to become Jane Sterling? Did he announce his transition on Era first?
First he experimented with cuckoldry,
Now this. What will make this dude happy?

Sorry to get in the way of...whatever is going on here but have a Nepenthe yelling at people post from the feedback thread:

2n3GBql.png

Interesting, so all incidents were followed by apologies, guilty staff resigning, revision of policies and so on.

That must be why the site's current owner has a history of racist and sexist posts and yet he's still there. That's why Nepenthe herself has been abusing her role and insulting the community and is still an admin. Must be why Windrunner is still a staff member despite being islamophobe and consistently insulting the community on Discord. Or how a console warrior troll like Transistor who's banning folks based on their console preference was rewarded with an admin status after long being an abusive mod.

Also, the "some of you are insulting us, so your movement is bad" is the same thing the alt-right says about BLM protests, that since some people take it too far it's the whole movement that is rotten. Funny how parallels work.

Apologies. Yea, I am not addressing that anymore. If I wanted unnecessary essays misframing essentially simple arguments, I would have registered on RE.

You're not addressing that anymore, but while you're closing the door, decide to throw a "If I wanted unnecessary essays misframing essentially simple arguments, I would have registered on RE."?

Sure.

And I think your thinking would fit right in Resetera.

Nighty-night!

Interesting, so all incidents were followed by apologies, guilty staff resigning, revision of policies and so on.

That must be why the site's current owner has a history of racist and sexist posts and yet he's still there. That's why Nepenthe herself has been abusing her role and insulting the community and is still an admin. Must be why Windrunner is still a staff member despite being islamophobe and consistently insulting the community on Discord. Or how a console warrior troll like Transistor who's banning folks based on their console preference was rewarded with an admin status after long being an abusive mod.

Also, the "some of you are insulting us, so your movement is bad" is the same thing the alt-right says about BLM protests, that since some people take it too far it's the whole movement that is rotten. Funny how parallels work.
Nepth is only there because they dug up B-Dubs racist posts about black people and he needed something to deflect back on so he made her a Mod and she is a horrible racist that fits in well with the other horrible mods that continue to make that place a cancer of the internet
good moderation should be invisible and posts like those are simply grandstanding

Nepth is only there because they dug up B-Dubs racist posts about black people and he needed something to deflect back on so he made her a Mod and she is a horrible racist that fits in well with the other horrible mods that continue to make that place a cancer of the internet
good moderation should be invisible and posts like those are simply grandstanding

The funniest part is how each of these lengthy staff posts are made up at least 50% of self-pity: "we do this for free!", "some users are hostile!", "it's difficult!", "yeah we made a mistake but so did you!". It's like explaining to your angry boss why you still haven't started the assignment you were given 3 months ago. With the exception of killer bees and COVID-19, they basically used up every excuse imaginable as to why their moderation is trash.

Ymir

oqkxh7P.png

Why... not?

ysry4lC.png

What doesn't rub you the wrong way asshole?
I’m more and more curious if these people have actually spoken to another person face to face. “They have this character who is meant to be an asshole but he’s such an asshole to people!!!! WTF?? That’s just gross and unnecessary, why does he need to be an asshole to others??????”

Maybe... it’s because he’s an asshole. It’s like they want every story to be happy go lucky Mary poppins shit. I’ve never met people so unable to even view interactions with other people let alone having interactions themselves.

dionysus

Yaldog
Maybe... it’s because he’s an asshole. It’s like they want every story to be happy go lucky Mary poppins shit. I’ve never met people so unable to even view interactions with other people let alone having interactions themselves.

I have been reading the Mary Poppins books to my son. She is an uber snarky bitch who would be insufferable to live with. Disney really played up the heart of gold moments that barely exist in the books. Surprised cancel culture hasn't cancelled Mary Poppins yet.

No real purpose to my reply.

Ionian

2n3GBql.png

That post is utterly disgraceful.

It's actually shocking an admin would post like that, they're hardly on the front-lines of a bloody battlefield.

Yet as normal B-Dubs will do nothing, maybe he'll go on a break again or something.

Weekly meetings? hahahahahaha

And naturally she has to bring being black into it, of course. Where is Hecht in these trying times?

He said he was immune to bullshit :(

Last edited:

nush

That post is utterly disgraceful.

She's posted worse, it's all so routine at this point. This is what happens when you don't "Check" your staff. You know when you're young and you have that first job and the supervisors/middle management are assholes to you? That's her. Except there's no promotion or pay rise involved, it's all powertrip.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Couldn't force myself to read that but I'm still curious
She kinda cherry picked a particular paragraph to respond to so here's the larger post in context:

arWReQ4.png
That hecht post is great.
Those Reeeeees are really going to hate hearing that the admins seem tired of this bullshit and making it clear banning some Trans member for being a huge gaping asshole doesn't make said admin a trans murdering nazi

Ionian

She's posted worse, it's all so routine at this point. This is what happens when you don't "Check" your staff. You know when you're young and you have that first job and the supervisors/middle management are assholes to you? That's her. Except there's no promotion or pay rise involved, it's all powertrip.

Ah I know that, just that it's gloves off now for a while and she gets away with it, without anyone telling her to fuck off.

My original theory that this admins/mods paid in to the site seems more likely everyday.

They must have.

TriSuit666

Banned
Off topic but i feel a little sad when i read Stephen King's twitter, its all Trump this Trump that Trump every day, its alright to dislike the guy/government and vent sometimes, but i wish he talked about other things, there are many horror authors with fun pages but SK seems like he is on constant trigger mode :'^(

Now i wonder with Trump gone how things could change..
The narrative is now 'how do we get justice/rebuild for marginalized folks' after Trump.

TDS isn't going away anytime soon.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I have been reading the Mary Poppins books to my son. She is an uber snarky bitch who would be insufferable to live with. Disney really played up the heart of gold moments that barely exist in the books. Surprised cancel culture hasn't cancelled Mary Poppins yet.
These people don’t watch stuff that old. Digging through people’s old tweets takes too much of their time already, and they’re all about cancelling the past anyway.

Give them time, though. Someday some of them will happen to watch Mary Poppins by pure chance and they will react like they did with Grease last week. I mean, Snow White is a blatantly ableist, misogynistic, rapey story according to their worldview, yet I don’t remember a Twitter outrage about it. Just too old for them, therefore it doesn’t exist.

Cocksman

Why would you even want to moderate a community of that size? I understand the power trip but the amount of time you have to put into a fucking message board ( with weekly staff meetings lmao) and the amount of fuckheads you have to deal with there on top of not being paid for your time... why the fuck would you do that to yourself ?

cormack12

Gold Member
So it's not a nazi salute but IT'S TOTALLY A NAZI SALUTE

WTF CDPR OMG

🤦‍♂️

This is what makes them appear stupid. First, imagine it is someone with an homage to Nazi salute. They are actively called a fool and they are about to step off a ledge to, presumably, their death.

Second, if you look at the image he has a stick in one hand and a dog. You can draw parallels of him having a guide dog which he has mistreated, leaving him with only the stick and as a result trying to feel his way forward and walking into their own demise. Symbolically it's just about naivety placed in hope I guess i.e. a walk of faith.

But Noooooo, must be Nazi's, always Nazi's!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom