• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ionian

k6r7xcZ.jpg
FEVhPAX.jpg

Edit: utterly disturbing comments.

The combination of comment and avatar sure is a sight to behold.

Also a white dude wearing an African hat. (Obviously edited)

How do the mods not see these trolls?

Heeeeecht!

Last edited:

Dorohedoro

Reee just keeps telling everyone to be decent human beings, while being fucking cunts themselves.

I hope 2021 is the year Ree finally burns to the ground. For their own mental health, and for a more peaceful world.
Hogwarts Legacy oughta do it, maybe, hopefully, lol. It's gonna be another shitshow like Cyberpunk was pre-launch where the TransEra lunatics scream really loud and get threads/members banned. It won't surprise me if they flat out ban the game either.

cover2.jpg

Ionian

Hogwarts Legacy oughta do it, maybe, hopefully, lol. It's gonna be another shitshow like Cyberpunk was pre-launch where the TransEra lunatics scream really loud and get threads/members banned. It won't surprise me if they flat out ban the game either.

cover2.jpg
They'll have a summit, a weekly meeting and go back to banning.

Then claim numbers of users are up.

Will be so fun to watch.

Cocksman

The guy trying to transition in secret while he's locked down with his wife is back with another wall of text. Excerpts.

Hv9m9Z9.png
hNtT9N7.png

I'm calling it again, she's going to think he's having an affair, she's already getting suspicious. He's started taking care of his appearance, is shitfy on the PC, closing down browser windows if she comes close. If the wife finds the secret stash of makeup as well this is going to blow up.

this is really fucked up. Doing all that behind her back. She did not sign up for that... what a fucking coward to not have a discussion before doing anything.

UncleMeat

fuck off jim Sterling wants to become Jane Sterling? Did he announce his transition on Era first?
First he experimented with cuckoldry,
Now this. What will make this dude happy?

I was watching some old MST3K earlier and I saw Crow do this bit about being a Balarian. Maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see but I thought it explained the psychology of all these transtrender guys in their late 30s better than I ever could:

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Reading some threads and they really do think that everyone apart from them is a Nazi don’t they?

like literally nazis. If your not on their level then you’re a straight up nazi.

It's pathetic. Basically the Salem witch accusations. And all they do is just add more volume than intelligence to their accusations. Then the rest of the donkeys join in the braying.

269a2dbf6edb76a86a1a5728b6f62663_w200.gif

Reading some threads and they really do think that everyone apart from them is a Nazi don’t they?

like literally nazis. If your not on their level then you’re a straight up nazi.

I support the exact same things they do, except I don't get offended by the slightest shit or want literally everyone who isn't with me to die, so they figured they'd remove me from the equation.

Looking at the way they talk about folks that got banned from the website for dubious reasons like Karak, cancelled content creators and whatnot... yes, if you ever make a mistake or dare saying something that isn't compatible with their beliefs, you are indeed a literal nazi for them. Nuance not allowed.

Daffy Duck

I support the exact same things they do, except I don't get offended by the slightest shit or want literally everyone who isn't with me to die, so they figured they'd remove me from the equation.

Looking at the way they talk about folks that got banned from the website for dubious reasons like Karak, cancelled content creators and whatnot... yes, if you ever make a mistake or dare saying something that isn't compatible with their beliefs, you are indeed a literal nazi for them. Nuance not allowed.

Yes, I saw in the Hitman 4 preview thread they were still saying he was banned, I was surprised that ban wasn’t walked back as it was really nothing at all, but nope, still seems to be banned and now he’s a “questionable” person forever more.

Yes, I saw in the Hitman 4 preview thread they were still saying he was banned, I was surprised that ban wasn’t walked back as it was really nothing at all, but nope, still seems to be banned and now he’s a “questionable” person forever more.

One important aspect of Era moderation is that the staff never really makes mistakes. If they somehow admit one, they still circle around it by claiming it's the community that pressured them into acting wrong, that they were overworked, and so on. Admitting they overreacted would mean casting a doubt over hundreds of other similar bans, which they will never ever do. The site will fall before they openly admit to have gone overboard.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Now that I'm done with Cyberpunk and every ending I swung by their threads, including the one all about the claims of anti trans bigotry. It seems all one has to do there to avoid getting banned and get anyone you disagree with banned is claim you're trans or non-binary. They're allowed to straight up insult people over and over and nothing ever happens to them until they have the audacity to insult a mod.

I'm all for protecting trans or non-binary rights, I'm no bigot. But that doesn't mean you have to condone some of their poor attitudes, or letting them run rampant and figuratively shit on everyone else on your forum with impunity.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
this is really fucked up. Doing all that behind her back. She did not sign up for that... what a fucking coward to not have a discussion before doing anything.
TBH he is not doing much now, as he mentioned he is ugly and fat, just shaving your face won't change it. Do women get +points when they go on a diet vs. men?

Tuff McNutt

Pretty sure its because the game came out a smoldering mess. If people are coming after something you hate, don't give your enemies a reason to discredit the criticism and all that.
Nah, it's because they couldn't find any of the "rampant" transphobia in the game besides the one poster. Also, some of the most vocal critics of the game like Kyuuji proved themselves hypocrites by playing and enjoying it.

Nah, it's because they couldn't find any of the "rampant" transphobia in the game besides the one poster. Also, some of the most vocal critics of the game like Kyuuji proved themselves hypocrites by playing and enjoying it.

Yeah, it just kinda fizzled out. They tried their hardest, by intentionally misinterpreting the word "trap" in a completely different context or by pointing out how shallow non-binary NPCs are (when it turns out all random bystanders have like one line each, so it's quite universal), but they got nowhere. There's even a pretty important trans character in the game whose car has a very noticeable trans flag on it. Nobody who actually played the game can seriously say the game is transphobic, if it's anything it's exaggerating a lot of the fetishes, styles, uses and technology's from our days - which is the almost literal definition of a dystopian future that the game portrays.

dealer-

Been off for a while and I see Reee have unpinned the Cyberpunk transphobia thread. What happened?

Probably because it's been a month since release now so they can sweep it under the rug and move on.

I bet the mods are glad the OT has been relegated from the main forum as well.

Gifmaker

Yeah, didn't the topic also kinda drown once Nephente threw a hissy fit about trans people being the favorite minority of the week over black people or am I mixing something up?

Marvel14

Banned
Taking a step back Resetera is such a cautionary tale about how good intentions can get warped into extremism and intolerance. That Forum is currently the place where:

1. You Have to accept (or at least not disagree) that All Cops Are Bastards to be deemed verifiably against systemic racism.

2. It is ok to Hate people because they have different political views and its ok to treat the members of a group of millions as if they are all no better than the worst member of that group.

3. It's acceptable to accuse a female celebrity of murder for airing her opinions, inviting people to hate, cancel and verbally abuse her even though her (admittedly blinkered) views are a result of her being a victim of physical and mental domestic abuse herself.

4. You can use racist epitephs to attack a decorated military leader because they have the 'wrong' political affiliation.

5. It's perfectly acceptable to permanently cancel people who make mistakes and lead less than perfect lives. There is no room for redemption, learning and forgiveness.

As an aside I wonder out loud whether Trump's lasting legacy will be stoking extremism on both sides not just the right. And i am starting to think the left's is more dangerous because it starts with the noble goals of empowerment and equality and so it can lie to itself that the ends justify the means.

Sorry for the stream of consciousness rant.

Marvel14

Banned
NXGamer getting canceled as we speak.

Nxgamer's point was far too nuanced for ERA.

He was simply challenging the perspective that there was no force used by officers at the Capitol. This has been twisted into him equating the BLM police response with the Capitol police response.

People addicted to outrage promote a simplistic interpretation of what he says to maximise outrage and twist and augment it for maximum effect. VinFTW is a piece of work..That's the ERA way.

Last edited:
NXGamer getting canceled as we speak.

Another great "Gaming Forum" thread! :messenger_grinning_squinting:

The instant performances on display are laughable. Look at OP pretending to hyperventilate as this "horrifying" revelation is brought to light.

50fee4a66f40333e0bcc89294f3aafed.gif

lmimmfn

That NXG thread is one hell of a ride lol
I'm glad that he didn't bend the knee to these assholes
Hes banned now lol - "User Banned (duration pending admin review): Inflammatory whataboutisms over a series of posts. Both sides rhetoric."

Love how the shitstains are demanding to know why the thread was "quietly unpinned" even though there hadn't been a single post in the thread for days. The guy had to dig it up on page 20 in order to ask why. Should it be pinned until the end of fucking time? I don't get it.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member

Ionian

Yeah, didn't the topic also kinda drown once Nephente threw a hissy fit about trans people being the favorite minority of the week over black people or am I mixing something up?

Slightly.

Nepenthe said she was advised to not get involved (her own words) but did anyway after she decided she was now non-binary.

Didn't go well. Plenty of bans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom