• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Hnm7duu.jpg

this ban is just so fucking hilarious, they aren’t “deciding what should be offensive to others” they are just literally stating that they asked their wife who is Japanese and she didn’t see a problem with it. THAT IS IT.

Era is fucking crazy town, you cannot post an opinion at all, I’m just flabbergasted at the bans that go on there, they really are fucking stupid.

I'm offended by this ban despite not being a moderator.

Tuff McNutt

VohlBVN.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA from this thread.....oh my lord.

This thread
BANNED FOR A MONTH

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😭😭😭😭😭😭🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😭😭😭
It's a dumb "edgy" post, but not bannable in any way. A lot of younger people (for better or worse) think anything pre-current gen isn't worth playing. The "derailment" doesn't make sense. Like it got 5 or 6 responses. So the whole thread is shit now?

Ymir

Excelspreadsheets working over time in the first woman executed since the 1950s.

Also interesting that they don't seem to have any concern about men being executed, just hand wringing over how tragic it is that a woman who brutally murdered someone was executed.

Ionian

Excelspreadsheets working over time in the first woman executed since the 1950s.

Also interesting that they don't seem to have any concern about men being executed, just hand wringing over how tragic it is that a woman who brutally murdered someone was executed.
Jesus you weren't joking. Excel really is going to town.

A woman murdered another pregnant woman and cut the baby out of her womb.

And complain she's executed?

I'm not even for the death penalty but c'mon. It's so abhorrent what she did.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I can understand why some people might find Lost in Translation racist, but I think it's a tad of a stretch. Coppola was trying to convey how foreign everything was to the main characters, their perceptions of the people and places around them in any given scene, but she failed to pull it off.

Ridiculous though that the nuances of the film can't even be discussed. Just nope: if one user finds it racist then WE ALL have to find it racist. No ands, ifs, or buts. Typical discourse over there.

Jesus you weren't joking. Excel really is going to town.

A woman murdered another pregnant woman and cut the baby out of her womb.

And complain she's executed?

I'm not even for the death penalty but c'mon. It's so abhorrent what she did.

Reading that thread would make you think she was an innocent woman being punished for nothing, makes me want to puke and weep for humanity if this is what's considered empathy.

This is such a good example of absolute craziness. That is absolutely a great post that describes what is going on in the film....and wham, a month ban.
The title of the film is called “lost in translation”
I don’t know how fucking signposted it could be

I wonder if they are trying to score brownie points with the Asian era members they have pissed off but don’t realise they probably don’t give a shit about it

they made nepenthine an admin when they dug up bdubbs racist posts about blacks ...I wonder if he made comments about Asians as it would be hilarious to watch 3 minority admins fight it out as this trans/black jostling is getting a little predictable

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Troll idea: someone complain, earnestly and as honestly as you can, that more PC games needs mods to cater to the furry community - so that furries can mod their own suits onto characters in games. Because if you think about it all games are terribly discriminatory towards furries. Zero representation.

Crown that oppression pyramid with a new champion.

lTktKK6.jpg

how, how are people still on that forum

clearly a post with some thought BANNED A MONTHHHH

A stab in the dark here...the ERA admin/mod team is very USA centric and not well travelled. Less than 50% of Yankees even hold passports, generally well travelled nations push 70+% for passport holders. Americans travel domestically quite a lot but very little on the international scale. They're also one of the least welcomed populaces in foreign countries; loud and abrasive they can be.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I don't see the problem with Scarlett in LiT as her portrayal of a woman in Japan probably bagged her the role of a Japanese woman in Ghost in the Shell.

Raven117

I wonder if they are trying to score brownie points with the Asian era members they have pissed off but don’t realise they probably don’t give a shit about it

they made nepenthine an admin when they dug up bdubbs racist posts about blacks ...I wonder if he made comments about Asians as it would be hilarious to watch 3 minority admins fight it out as this trans/black jostling is getting a little predictable
It will end in ruin eventually.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I can understand why some people might find Lost in Translation racist, but I think it's a tad of a stretch. Coppola was trying to convey how foreign everything was to the main characters, their perceptions of the people and places around them in any given scene, but she failed to pull it off.

Ridiculous though that the nuances of the film can't even be discussed. Just nope: if one user finds it racist then WE ALL have to find it racist. No ands, ifs, or buts. Typical discourse over there.
People like that have very likely never been immersed in a foreign culture or nation outside of maybe visiting and sight seeing. I was fortunate enough to live abroad for multiple years at a time. Part of what make it so fun is how different everything is and the awkwardness that can arise. People enjoy that, it's learning, and growing as person and everyone who is directly engaged in it is learning and growing too. It's fun and one of the best parts of living! It's not xenophobia. Reset Era is seriously full of dumbasses.

Reading that thread would make you think she was an innocent woman being punished for nothing, makes me want to puke and weep for humanity if this is what's considered empathy.

She's probably had the most fucked up childhood I've read in my life, being tortured and passed around to be raped by her mother, and then tortured again by her stepbrother when she was forced to marry him. I can't even fathom what years of this shit does to someone, and their sense of right and wrong. Her crime was as abhorrent as it can get, but ironically somehow not too shocking considering how fucked up she was. Generally I'm against the death penalty, but at the same time I don't believe a person like this can be rehabilitated. So it's basically life in prison, for a fucked up mentally ill person, with millions being spent on them, or death. Maybe death is kinder.

SNPlayen

She's probably had the most fucked up childhood I've read in my life, being tortured and passed around to be raped by her mother, and then tortured again by her stepbrother when she was forced to marry him. I can't even fathom what years of this shit does to someone, and their sense of right and wrong. Her crime was as abhorrent as it can get, but ironically somehow not too shocking considering how fucked up she was. Generally I'm against the death penalty, but at the same time I don't believe a person like this can be rehabilitated. So it's basically life in prison, for a fucked up mentally ill person, with millions being spent on them, or death. Maybe death is kinder.
They would be perfect candidate to moderate Resetera from prison at least (I know too far)

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell

WTF?? "Inflammatory accusations"? Where? That post is considered so outrageous that they banned him from posting on a videogame forum for 1 month. Poor guy, he even wrote "it's nuanced". Nope, life is black and white, GET THE FUCK OUT, YOU DEGENERATE.
Lost in Translation is my favorite movie ever made and I'll be damned if I'll let anyone slander that film or Coppola.

Daffy Duck

Probably on the right track with that idea.

Zaffo

EviLore EviLore
Hey, i get closing down the clown world thread in the current political climate with all the shit talking targeted at the left wing and what can happen to your platform if the all seeing eye labels you as a hate speech breeding ground.
But what about the Giant Bomb thread? It's just users dissatisfied with a past community sharing old memories of the good times and cringing over current developments, not unlike what happens in this thread.

Can we get the thread going again? with maybe a rule or two against extremely inflammatory or targeted posts?

teezzy

Banned
It's a dumb "edgy" post, but not bannable in any way. A lot of younger people (for better or worse) think anything pre-current gen isn't worth playing. The "derailment" doesn't make sense. Like it got 5 or 6 responses. So the whole thread is shit now?

He's right too. Zelda and Rare titles aside, N64 kinda blows.Unbelievable that people stand by the moderation there or request even more of it

Mista

Banned
JESUS what a bunch of self loathing morons. Who cares if people think you are wrong? Suck it up and move on.

"Eh, I'm probably wrong as usual..."
"(Like I said, I'm wrong about these things per usual)"

2H7B0kY.png

1ZvRkZT.png
Grow some balls and dignity you fucking clown. i'M pRoBabLY wrONg aS usUAl

Go fuck yourself. Pathetic

SCB3

EviLore EviLore
Hey, i get closing down the clown world thread in the current political climate with all the shit talking targeted at the left wing and what can happen to your platform if the all seeing eye labels you as a hate speech breeding ground.
But what about the Giant Bomb thread? It's just users dissatisfied with a past community sharing old memories of the good times and cringing over current developments, not unlike what happens in this thread.

Can we get the thread going again? with maybe a rule or two against extremely inflammatory or targeted posts?

Yep, I can't understand how this thread exists and the GB one got locked? Just ban or thread ban the people doing the bad shit, most of us were fine in there

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
How long before the site is officially re-branded from a video game message board to a far left social justice website? I honestly don’t think it’s out of realm of possibility anymore. That place stopped caring about games awhile ago. Politics bleed into every single thread there
ResetERA began as a social justice website.

The exodus was because "we disagree with the owner's despicable behavior and we want to have a different forum to be our safe space". It wasn't like NeoGAF had begun banning something gaming-related to cause the exodus, it was based on an accusation against the site owner, completely unrelated to gaming.

ERA and their buddies in gaming media continue to push that narrative. Yeah, they talk about games there because that's what the community largely wanted to talk about, but they didn't start ERA because they had grand ambitions to be a more fun/more thoughtful/more interesting gaming forum. They wanted to be a more righteous forum that happened to talk about gaming.

Traianvs

What I love of threads like this about LiT, or Ghost in a Shell, Ghost of Tsushima, that kimono museum outrage, or everything about non white cuisine, is that's ALWAYS white americans telling people how they should feel outraged but if you say something like "well, I'm actually japanese and I'm ok with Scarlett Johansenn or with non asian people wearing kimonos".... well, banned because you are DISMISSING the concerns of these snowflakes.
Honestly, go fuck yourself

Cyberpunkd

Not to get into long discussion, but if her experience was true should have resulted either in life behind bars or being locked forever in a mental facility. And much as we can complain about taxpayers' money being spend on death row inmates at the end this is a philosophy issue - in Europe we do not handle death penalty, period.

You know what I love? How mods abstractly lock threads like the CP2077 review thread because it would be allegedly "harmful" for the "trans" members. As if that kind of thread would legitimately harm a single fucking person.

But you know what they love to leave open? Threads that relentless shit on a single person, verbally abusing and harassing them to no end, based on a version of a story they decide to be true. Aka this one, the perpetrator being the fucking GameExplain dude. You'd think after 32 pages of shitting on him and dissecting his apologies, the thread could be put to rest. But nope, need to keep going, maybe until, oh I dunno, he kills himself or something? There's been a few people begging the mods to lock it bc of the harm it is causing him, but nope, those calls fall on death ears. These are the threads that prove that there isn't a shred of real empathy in that place, no matter how much they love to pretend. I don't give a shit about the dude, but I find these pile-ups just gross.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom