• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nush

(I had some customer service people thanking me for not treating them like human garbage, which is pretty sad...).

Always be good to those people, especially call centre staff, people do treat them like shit for one and also you'll often get better service. Having worked in retail will teach you this.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Someone makes a point:

l2g2Ww5.png

Protected poster spams reports and ban baits:

PA0yXfv.png

Protected poster gets banned for acting like an asshole:

BeY7EqX.png

Morons screech and scream:

h5C2vPJ.png

Suddenly OP is banned and protected poster is back

s8rdRIA.png

1e91zi.jpg

Ugh. The GameExplain boys are such cucks (one is replying). I appreciate that they keep politics out of their content, but their extracurricular activities of calling witch hunts on Twitter, and unironically hill-posting on Reset, is just too much to bear.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Oh, and anybody who holds the door open gets a thank you and a positive response from me. It’s not difficult. On the contrary, I like making positive social contact with another human for a second, and someone doing something nice for me.

When you’re a raging misanthrope sitting online all day, your only contact with equally miserable people, searching desperately for things to be victimized by for virtue points, maybe the world looks a little different.

nush

Ugh. The GameExplain boys are such cucks (one is replying). I appreciate that they keep politics out of their content, but their extracurricular activities of calling witch hunts on Twitter, and unironically hill-posting on Reset, is just too much to bear.

Nerds need to,learn that women are still not going to fuck manchilds just becuse you white knight them.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Nerds need to,learn that women are still not going to fuck manchilds just becuse you white knight them.
I think they are content just orbiting. They know they ain’t getting any pussy. Unless it looks like Zoe Quinn, maybe.

RAÏSanÏa

In the 3 years of Resetera and the contact I've had with mods and admin there I've come to the conclusion that if every person their personality
The worst thing I saw at Reset was a forum member asking very politely... submissively, in fact.... what could and couldn’t be posted, because in this particular thread (about transgender men competing against actual biological women) people were being banned left, right, and centre.

The poor guy simply asked if forum members were allowed to post an opposing viewpoint, because it seemed to him that if you ‘went against the forum consensus’ you’d get perma-banned.

He got perma-banned, simply for asking that question.

What amazed me... and sickened me... was that not one person objected to or even questioned the ban. It just seemed very obvious that they were afraid of being banned too. I mean, you could see that not everyone had the same opinion, but expressing the ‘wrong’ opinion would lead to a ban.

Honestly, how the fuck can you get banned simply for asking what can get you banned?
Resetera mods are bad faith actors and wouldn't recognize good faith if it was speaking directly to them.
And this statement of mine still gives them too much credit in its implication.

Last edited:

Mecha Meow

By the way, Kitsunelaine is a fucking psychopath. I have some friends in the anime industry that have worked with her before and she's an unhinged wreck 99% of the time. There are some people at Discotek that have quit because of her and her frequent destructive outbursts.

Going by what she seems to do at Discotek, she doesn't seem like a big deal there. Also, that sucks that people have quit because Discotek has slowly become my favorite (recently purchased Kemono Friends, Kimagure Orange Road OVAs, and New Cutey Honey) anime licensing studio these past 8 years.

She sounds like the kind of person that would have gotten the bootarang from me a long time ago.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I can't stand them. Outside of not being a fan of their content, the people there are just annoying as fuck with their holier than thou attitude.

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

Hostile and aggressive means very different things to people in context. For a globally moderated website with supposed outreach and open understanding of minorities resetera mods should have been aware of this.
They need lessons. Many hard hitting and penetrating lessons to put their brains in the right place place until the Earth swallows them. The long term benefit would be the memory of those lessons etched into the atoms that composed them, the life that drove them and the tales passed down.

Happy Halloween. 🕯️🎃🕯️

#Phonepunk#

Banned

Lol ok atheist 101 here’s a question that will blow your mind:

If evolution is real then what are chimps?

Also lol at “a chimp looks like a buff naked human” tho I haven’t seen the op so this statement could be accurate.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned

Also lol at “a chimp looks like a buff naked human” tho I haven’t seen the op so this statement could be accurate.

Even as an agnostic, it’s another ‘Gherd Bad!’ topic. Basically an excuse to circlejerk each other, and reaffirm their pseudo-intellectual hot-takes.

Oblivious of course, to the fact that their entire forum and ideology is an anti-intellectual religious cult.

Last edited:

He is Cornelius from Planet of the Apes so of course he thinks that Chimps and Humans look alike.

Got a good laugh anyway from the thread.

benjipwns

Banned
By the way, Kitsunelaine is a fucking psychopath. I have some friends in the anime industry that have worked with her before and she's an unhinged wreck 99% of the time. There are some people at Discotek that have quit because of her and her frequent destructive outbursts.
This seems farfetched.

Kitsunelaine said:
clearly us trans folk are a monolith and must always agree with the loudest voice. the loudest trans voice online can't possibly actually be kind of a shit about some things. noooooo we're just cancel culture outrage twitter performative left cuck soy boys mobbing people for woke points. being anything less than uncritical of her is heresy. worship. we must worship, like the peons of old. worship, and repent, for we are unworthy of her grace. unworthy of the power and strength of her voice. in criticizing her we have tarnished naught but ourselves and must bow down at an altar or forever be a part of the "out" group. she is perfect and we are mere dust falling upon her shadow, invisible to all who may observe. we may be many but she is one; one so powerful and insightful that she is right all the time. there is nothing we can say or do before her towering, godlike form. she is so unwrong that we should give her money to find out just how unwrong she is, because we will regret our words and our deeds. ah, but we are fools, for we should already regret our words and deeds, no? we are, of course, nothing before her. in fact, we are such nothing, that as members of the Trans Community, we are one with her and secretly agree with everything she says. because we are assimilated, you see. there is no individuality with us, and thus no objection. so there must be some other motive, and the readers of our nonextant thoughts and feelings are imagining our presence. for what do we offer our thoguhts? for who should read them but the lost souls of the whispering wasteland, whereupon series of tubes all struggle to find meaning in their pitiful lives but realise that they are as hollow as the casing surrounding the wires which give them life? repent. repent. we must repent, for it is the only course of action. there is no color in this drab, monochromic world; no life, no balance, no nuance-- all that once was fell upon the desert of the void. it was like that at the beginning, and so too shall it be at the end. we have naught but one another; and one another is naught but one; for all who observe see us as one, and therefore, what existance do we really, truly have? if we are seen as the monolith we so clearly are, then that monolith we are indeed, because a body is nothing without the minds through which they are observed. and if the minds observing see us as the monolith, then we are defined. we are defined. we are defined. we are seen as one being and thus one being we are, though our hearts protest and our words fall upon deaf ears. there is no resistance to the gravitational weight of the popular thought among the throbbing, bulging, interconnected web we find ourselves in. there is no thought, there is no communication, there is no action or deed unless it is observed; and if it is observed, it is an error, and an error must be done away with, for there shall be nothing less than perfection in this new digital borg. though the meat sacks we call our human bodies appear to be moving of their own accord, the actions of our hands upon the keyboards and screens we find ourselves at are seen as naught but text; sometimes that text is accompanied by pictures, sometimes it is accompanied by a visual marker; a face to associate with the posts. this is all of course an illusion, for if you supply a word or two that one may interpert them, in the mind of the interpeter, it shall all turn to ash and be reassembled. reassembled. we are all reassembled in the mind of the observer, and the observer decides the correct way in which the pieces fall. the observer decides reality, and thus, can never be wrong. and the observer? well, the observer was the friends we all made along the way. friends and enemies, enemies and friends; how does such a thing come to pass, and whyfore are we all so hysterical? it all began with muffins. you know the little bastards. tasty yet bad for you, like most things in the world. get hooked on a muffin and your life is ruined. suddenly you wind up introducing yourself to worse pastries, then you entertain yourself with a pastry that isn't even a pastry. of course, this is all correct, because i am the observer and thus reality doesn't exist unless i say it does. my reality is perfect, because it's filled with muffins. muffins with a lot of butter applied. hot, spicy muffins. delicious, bready little pieces of garbage that make you fat because there's like, bread in it. you're all in my reality now because i'm the one observing you-- sorry, you're the helpless hostages of my mind. there's nothing i can do about it, it's just the nature of the human experience, because we've lost all fucking sense of self and others that we can just say a load of bullshit and get away with it nowadays. anyway thank you for listening to my ted talk, i'll collect the check on the way out. (there's gonna be a check, right? i have a taxi waiting outside and i can't take a loan from the mafia again to pay for the ride to a place i could just walk to, it's only fifteen minutes away but i can't be bothered with reminding myself how my legs work because i've been a massive potato ass sitting on my computer listening to and reading loudmouths try and pretend that they know what they're talking about when they don't, really. but of course, since as i established in my ted talk-- the one you're still listening to, how haven't you taken my mic off of me yet--- yes, there's canon now, we're all at a ted talk and i've got a mountan of muffins on display to prove a fucking point and not just because i wanted a bunch of free muffins-- those muffins are also free, right? i get paid to come here, so the food should be paid for too, just-- just whatever, just do whatever you want, i don't care anymore, i'm going to be over here eating these muffins and thinking about adorable little foxes that wouldn't hesitate to eat my foot off if they thought that A) it was tasty and B) they could get away with it. why would nature create something so cute and adorable that would just fuck you up if you went to pet it. what are my hands for, if not for petting? animals can observe something as mind numbing as petting, why would they not wish to create that reality for themselves? i wanna pet foxes, i wanna pick one up and hug it because it makes me happy, and if the little buggers decided they would enjoy such a thing, they'd enjoy it too. reality is all in the mind of the observer, of course, so if a fox wants to chew off my face and sees it as a perfectly fine thing to do, it'll just go ahead and do that anyway. we're all hostages of the chemicals coursing through us, in the end, because free will is naught but an illusion. if we went back in time, we'd only really be able to change what we did if we knew about the outcome. if we were faced with the same set of information at the time, we'de make the same decisions, because we're all basically little idiots running on autopilot who think we have some semblance of control of our lives. oh, i forgot a closing parenthesis there. that little bugger always runs away from me. come back you little prick. ). there we go. that should satisfy all of you, because i know it had you upset. that's part of why I did the A) and B) bit, because, well, those don't really gramattically count as closers, they're like-- whatever the fuck you call it. what do you call those pricks when they're applied in front of letters? they don't really remain parenthesis, do they? i'm sure english has a term for that. english is a fuckin' crazy language dudes, let me tell you. have you ever thought about how hard it would be to teach some of the bullshit we say to foreigners? i'm so sorry on behalf of the world for our stupid ass language. we can say the same word seven times in a row and have it mean completely different things and still be grammatically fuckin' correct. and don't even get me started on literally and figuratively. literally means both literally and figuratively at the same time and it's a pandoras fucking box unless you have either a full appreciation of the context or a talk with the person using it. it's an absolute mindfuck; a trancendant experience of bullshit, much like some of the words said in this thread. but of course I don't matter here, because we're all in the minority; contra and her fanbase is basically Big Trans and they set the state of discourse and if you cause discord in the discordant discourse-- try explaining that to somebody who isn't fluent, ya pricks-- you get dumped on like a sack of bricks. it's all a part of this tactic to cause fear because our perfect world can't ever not make a complete ammount of sense or be internally inconsistent. internally inconsistent is a pretty fun phrase, by the way-- lots of n's and stuff. Overly verbose though. why did I decide to randomly capitalize the start of sentences just now when i've intentionally avoided doing it all this post? fuck if i know. anyway i wouldn't reccommend being trans, it's not fun, but it's not really something you can control, because we don't decide what we are, it's just in the hands of fuckin', nature or whatever. i wouldn't reccommend it 'cuz the world doesn't give a shit about you and only pretends to do so most of the time, then there are the rare specks of light-- honestly good little fucks-- i say that affectionatley, don't ban me-- who actually legitimately give a shit and comment on like a thread about transphobia that doesn't contain the name of someone on the left in the title. y'all are absent when it's republicans legislating us out of existance because it became boring to call them out on the shit they wanna do, which is part of what lets them do it, so good fuckin' job ya dolticus maximumuses. (this is why we spent so much time saying don't let this be normal after trump became president. y'all failed. good job ya idiots, you let it become normal, almost like you want it to be and are more comfortable with this reality you've concucted for yourself. y'all resent being pulled into the minds of others and defined by them so much that you get dragged there kicking and screaming and have a completely different conversation with them because we can't just fuckin' talk to one another any more and anything we say is automatically dishonest or false because it goes against your own little narrative. anyway, back to muffins. you know what i like? pancakes. pancakes with a fuck ton of maple syrup. of course, the correct way to prepare pancakes is to use two individual pancakes as sandwich bread and put the sauce and fun little bits in the middle. like ice cream and bacon, which totally go together. i haven't tried it, but bacon goes well with everything. especially the grease.you should try mixing the grease into like, a smoothie. bacon grease smoothie. there's a millenial treat for you. i'm a millenial, so i get to say that. self criticizing is fun. we spend so much time doing it so when other people are dicks to us, it hurts less. it's all a part of conforming to the society we live in and being a member of this borg with the least ammount of friction. unfortunately, people like me and others tend to decide to go against this borg and do things like criticize contrapoints for some total bullshit she does. like that one fuckin' transphobe she let do a profile on her? i've forgotten his name already beacuse he's a fuckin' nobody. i bet he'll appear in the next video with this same asshole whose name i've already forgotten. sorry folkaroonies, don't have the brainspace to keep up with the growing number of twats in the world. i can say that because i'm writing all of this with my kiwi accent in mind. you can't help imagining that now because i've said those words in a string of letters and have thus defined your internal reality. hahaha! sucker. but also, the borg is the reason why this is such a problem in the first place. y'all can't handle us criticizing people you like because it strikes a dischordant chordant (i'm sure that's a word, there's no squiggly underneath it, i deon't care because ti doesn't mattter, nothign matters so it's fine-- hey look, squigglies aren't showing up there, i guess it don't work on era for me for some batshit reason, form coding be whack. i like squigglies, i wish i had them here. i'm a bit asinine about the phrasing and verbage and grammar and caps and spelling of shit i write. sometimes i give less of a shit to no shits at all though. like right now, for instance. i'ms ure you hadn't noticed.) and you struggle to maintain the prior shape of the borg because otherwise the world makes no sense to you, and we prioritize sense more than dollars. (yes, i know. shut up.)) anyway, so, like, uh. the weather's been pretty whack, right? i mean this is only something i care about, but we've had like four seasons in one day before. hail in the sun, rain, then blistering cold and rain... it's weird. probably a result of climate change. i wonder if climate change will have an impact on fox habitats? or evolution? what will our species look like twenty, fifty, one hundred and fifty years from now? the game of nature is adaptation, of course. maybe foxes will want to be hugged. i could deal with climate change if it gave me huggable foxes. but maybe i'm just selfish. the world's already going to crap though and we're certainly not treating each other nicer. though it's probably always been this shit right? like right now we're in the information age, and we weren't before, so there was less information going around. (that's how it works.). so yeah, the world's probably just always been a shit and we've been involuntarily living on a shit world and just kind of shrugging our hands and slinging crap at each other instead of fixing it. but yeah, it's been rainy all week. haven't really been able to get my washing done until today because it was a blisteringly hot, really nice sunny day. not blistering hot the way you know it though. blistering hot for new zealand means anywhere between like 25-32 degrees celcius. no, i'm not localizing this to farenheit. google it if you care that much. but then again, most people posting in this thread probably don't care to google; they don't even care to read the thread they're in to find the answers to the question they're gonna post which they are inevitably going to wind up reading the thread they're in, so they create this grand spectacle of redundancy that wastes everyone's time. wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. i like extending vowel sounds. even though it results in this kind of arbitrary length of sound in a person's head. are there studies done on how long a random vowel extension lingers in someone's head? i'd love to read it. it's the kind of meaningless bullshit i'd research if i were a scientist, which is probably why i'm not a scientist. i'm an armchair shitposter at best.
Last edited: Today at 6:37 AM

Going by what she seems to do at Discotek, she doesn't seem like a big deal there. Also, that sucks that people have quit because Discotek has slowly become my favorite (recently purchased Kemono Friends, Kimagure Orange Road OVAs, and New Cutey Honey) anime licensing studio these past 8 years.

She sounds like the kind of person that would have gotten the bootarang from me a long time ago.

She's not a big deal, just VERY vocal. She's bullied people out of positions for their taste in anime. One of my friends is a Shield Hero fan (you know, one of Crunchyroll's most successful series in its respective season) and she got attacked by Kitsunelaine for it.

Even the people over at Animefeminist never crossed the line of "if you like this work of fiction, you're an awful person!", at least not publicly.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Haven't been to resetera in quite some time, but after clicking some links in this thread I remembered why; such an utterly exhausting place.
Glad I never even made an account there.

RAÏSanÏa

"Doesn't look like anything to me except a false report.", said Blue justified turning on the accuser remembering who had always shit on Blue and never even made an effort to offer a wipe.

I love metaphor although I suppose this is more of an allegory.

nush

And they're an example of the type to run to the cops over something like night terrors after saying things like that.

"I felt uncomfortable" perfectly valid reason to them when it's not a racist saying it about brown people. He had a MAGA hat on for example.

RAÏSanÏa

"I felt uncomfortable" perfectly valid reason to them when it's not a racist saying it about brown people. He had a MAGA hat on for example.
Maybe they think the cops are like resetera mods who silence dissenting opinions and enforce according to narrative instead of the law.

RAÏSanÏa

Which reminds me: I wrote the mods/admin of resetera about a ban I received for 'bad faith'

I asked them to specifically outline what was bad faith.
However, the only integrity Resetera has shown in my experience is to their own self-interest so I don't expect a reply, even one in good faith.
I expect avoidance and blame shifting with the usual lipstick they put on their pigs.

The ban doesn't need to be discussed here as that is between me and them and I don't want to have anyone doing resetera's work for them.

If I was the type to share my previous private correspondence with them y'all would have quite a laugh from what I'd received previously. I won't share though, that's not my thing.
I can say that it was pseudo-professional.

RAÏSanÏa

Observing them is what made me realize they can't be believed about anything they've claimed.
Including what led to the schism a few years ago.
Snowing people to serve their interests is what they do. They don't care about diversity. They care about themselves and the numbers they can gather, keep and shepherd by manipulation.

nush

I hope there's lots of forgiveness and welcoming for all the people who made wrong decisions regarding resetera who will be coming back as well as the newcomers like myself.
Maybe after a bit of ribbing.

Party on!

We welcome any normie that see's the light and comes back. No judgement.

RAÏSanÏa

We welcome any normie that see's the light and comes back. No judgement.
Considering some of the media programmed taste in women displayed in the Nawt thread I'm not so sure I'm the normie. :p

---
Just one more comment for now(I hope!)

I've been treated much better here on Gaf than I ever was over on resetera at any point.

For a bunch of alt-righters, you're all all right.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Just one more comment for now(I hope!)

I've been treated much better here on Gaf than I ever was over on resetera at any point.

For a bunch of alt-righters, you're all all right.

Spoiler

The alt-right thing is a myth/lie.

There are less right leaning people here than the narrative would have led you to believe. Iirc there was a poll recently that put GAF to the slightly left from middle leaning

welcome comrade

JordanN

Banned
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom