• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 0 HD |OT| I'm Rebecca! Let's do our best!

Looks great but man are the controls wank.

Pretty much, I keep opening the damn menu when I want to run. Auto aim in the train cars seems fucked too. I aimed my gun at a zombie in front of me and it forced me to spin 180 degrees to aim at a zombie behind me that I don't want to waste my bullets on. Game does look really, reslly nice tho.

Resident Evil 0 DLC Design Contest DLC codes

PS3/PS4 -
8?T5-85N4-65KP

Xbox 360 -
W6WKV-26WC?-FJCX4-7V6QM-JCQ2Z

Xbox One -
XY?Y3-4CVYJ-K32H3-9KQK9-DY7XZ

Replace the ? with a nine. US only I believe also.

SURGEdude

Pretty much, I keep opening the damn menu when I want to run. Auto aim in the train cars seems fucked too. I aimed my gun at a zombie in front of me and it forced me to spin 180 degrees to aim at a zombie behind me that I don't want to waste my bullets on. Game does look really, reslly nice tho.

Yeah I'm having the aim issue too. Too lazy to rip the ISO and test the GC version on Nintendont and compare though. Maybe it's always been like that. Wouldn't shock me they fucked that up too.

Hubb

If I were to go into this series blind (Ive only played 4), would it be better to play 0 or RE HD first?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If I were to go into this series blind (Ive only played 4), would it be better to play 0 or RE HD first?

HD, preferably. It's the start for the series
and vastly superior

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

RE HD, since 0 spoils some of RE1's story (it assumes knowledge of it).

Alternatively, if you don't care about that, you could play 0 first and save the better game for last.

LOL that math equation get to the number puzzle

remember having to do that one over and over and over back on gamecube, passed it on my first try :D

For REmake 2 and onward, I either want auto aim to go or at least be a bit more dynamic now that duel analog setups are the norm.

So what is the recommended way around here to connect a DS4 to PC?

Got through the Train and I'm almost done exploring the Training Facility. This is the farthest I've gotten in the game; I stopped playing it for some reason on Gamecube and lost my memory card with the data a long while ago. This game definitely feels a lot harder than REmake, so some tips would be super appreciated! I also have a few questions, if anyone can help me out:

First off, I've been leaving Rebecca behind for the most part and exploring with Billy. I'm not sure if I should keep them together or not. I usually just leave her near a typewriter since I know she'll probably be safe there. Should I take her with me, or stick with keeping them apart for the most part?

Also, I left my hookshot on the ground near the typewriter I've been leaving her at; I assume I'll need it again, so should I keep it on one of them, or is leaving it on the ground okay for now?

Got through the Train and I'm almost done exploring the Training Facility. This is the farthest I've gotten in the game; I stopped playing it for some reason on Gamecube and lost my memory card with the data a long while ago. This game definitely feels a lot harder than REmake, so some tips would be super appreciated! I also have a few questions, if anyone can help me out:

First off, I've been leaving Rebecca behind for the most part and exploring with Billy. I'm not sure if I should keep them together or not. I usually just leave her near a typewriter since I know she'll probably be safe there. Should I take her with me, or stick with keeping them apart for the most part?

Also, I left my hookshot on the ground near the typewriter I've been leaving her at; I assume I'll need it again, so should I keep it on one of them, or is leaving it on the ground okay for now?

I don't remember how I managed them back on the Gamecube, but as for the hookshot it's fine where it is for now.

I think I primarily controlled Billy and had Rebecca trail behind.

Daigoro

thank god for the newly instated controller customization on XBONE. definitely made my life easier playing RE0 today.

Capcom need to patch this tho. its a silly over site.

About those localization problems. Is it supposed to be like this?

uh, are you referring to the missing letters in the words? the preface to reading the letter says that its covered in blood and only partially legible.

News Bot

Banned
It's weird because they fixed other - meaningless - descriptions in the game: https://youtu.be/ZJHTD4AhWaI?t=6m58s

Yeah, things that don't require actual translation work of course, because apparently it's more effort to read a language you're supposedly fluent in. Plot fuck-ups:

Official English Translation said:
It's the same with the Type-Y139. There's still so much we don't know about responses to the crustacean t-virus.

Accurate Translation said:
Many unknown portions remain and the reaction of the t-Virus on crustaceans is also very interesting as a subject of research.

According to the English version, there is another t-Virus specifically for crustaceans.

Or this blunder:

Official English Translation said:
September 19th
At last...i've discovered a way to build a new virus type with "Progenitor" as a base.
Mixing it with leech DNA was the breakthrough I needed...
I call this new virus t, for "tyrant".

Accurate Translation said:
September 19
At last...
The prospect of developing a new virus strain using "Progenitor" as the base is in sight.
As a result of various experiments, combining it with leech DNA became the decisive factor.
This will serve as the first "t" breakthrough.
It will be the first improved strain of "Progenitor."

The English version creates a contradiction of a file in CV that was written nearly a decade before the supposed naming.

Soon, research results began to appear, and variants of the Progenitor Virus came to be generally called T-Virus.

The t-Virus was named by Edward Ashford, not Marcus.

Spades

Here are some codes for the DLC t-shirts!

PS3/PS4:
AFC2-TJNA-86ML
* Content can be downloaded on both PS3 and PS4 with a single code.

Xbox 360:
THTWX-YRRMG-3WKXH-JFF77-473KZ

Steam:
PJ48G-2YBNF-WJZGP

I kept the Xbox One code for myself - but they send you codes for all platforms, so be sure to share the love on GAF.

dlc_win01_en.png
dlc_win02_en.png
dlc_win03_en.png

According to Steam Spy which usually gives a pretty accurate average, the game has sold only :
5000 copies since launch!

Compare this to Dragon's Dogma who had sold four time that amount in pre-orders only
or even the first Remake who had sold almost triple that amount in the same length of time.

The game is not even appearing in the first page of Steam's top sellers!

My point is :
People, if you want to show Capcom that you love these games and want more classic RE, go and buy this game !
Spread the word!

According to Steam Spy which usually gives a pretty accurate average, the game has sold only :

Compare this to Dragon's Dogma who had sold four time that amount in pre-orders only
or even the first Remake who had sold almost triple that amount in the same length of time.

My point is :
People, if you want to show Capcom that you love these games and want more classic RE, go and buy this game !
Spread the word!
1) Steamspy takes a few days to get accurate results.
2) REmake has sold nearly over 150k.
3) 0 is a weak RE title and its Capcom's fault for releasing it days after Dogma.
4) the top sellers tab only shows what's selling on Steam ($15 GMG sales will not appear).

0 will suffer because it is the lesser game. Speaking of its lesser qualities, why is this game so stingy on healing items when it wants you to babysit someone made of glass?

Cranster

Banned
Resident Evil 0 DLC Design Contest DLC codes

PS3/PS4 -
8?T5-85N4-65KP

Xbox 360 -
W6WKV-26WC?-FJCX4-7V6QM-JCQ2Z

Xbox One -
XY?Y3-4CVYJ-K32H3-9KQK9-DY7XZ

Replace the ? with a nine. US only I believe also.
Claimed the Xbox One code. Thank you very much!

3) 0 is a weak RE title and its Capcom's fault for releasing it days after Dogma.
4) the top sellers tab only shows what's selling on Steam ($15 GMG sales will not appear).

0 will suffer because it is the lesser game. Speaking of its lesser qualities, why is this game so stingy on healing items when it wants you to babysit someone made of glass?

I agree with some of your points but I have noticed that people are not very hyped for this game. And then people complain that we only have dumbed down experiences and that everything is about bland and generic shooters.
"It was a masterpiece, classic gameplay and all, how come it sold only 20K?"
Well, no shit, if no one is buying games like RE 0 at release!

As for the herbs, I am playing in Normal and I find that there are plenty of health items lying around although I am taking damage every once in a while. If you are short on them, you must get hurt a lot.

I agree with some of your points but I have noticed that people are not very hyped for this game. And then people complain that we only have dumbed down experiences and that everything is about bland and generic shooters.
"It was a masterpiece, how come it sold only 20K!"
Well, no shit, if no one is buying games like RE 0!

As for the herbs, I am playing in Normal and I find that they are plenty of health items lying around although I am taking damage every once in a while. If you are short on them, you must get hurt a lot.
Yeah I'm getting hurt a lot, been trying to play it like REmaster. Feels like zombies just respawn in this one and need a firing squad to stop.

Doesn't help that this is my first play through in like 8 years.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member

My point is :
Spread the word!
I assume that most copies of this game will be sold via PS4 anyway. I know that I bought my copy there.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Resident Evil 0 Exclusive DLC Steam -- MB-D377812AFA6EBE61 - Taken by Deques. 6 entrants total.
Resident Evil 0 Exclusive DLC PS3/PS4 -- MB-175D28B65DA8A41B - Taken by Megauap. 2 entrants total.
Resident Evil 0 Exclusive DLC One -- MB-1FA514F435718E13 - Taken by Southwark. 1 entrants total.
Resident Evil 0 Exclusive DLC 360 -- MB-0AB5BB39C9F946AF - Taken by BorntoPlay. 1 entrants total.

t1453289861z1.png
EU only (for Playstation codes I think).

Semajer

The Capcom site says there are issues with the Steam shirt codes. I suppose I'll wait until they've fixed it before I get my codes.

AHA-Lambda

Jesus, haven't gotten to starting this yet but it sounds like a beast in terms of difficulty D:

How bad is easy? I feel I may start there first

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist

5) When people see a bunch of costume DLC they'd rather wait for a sale to get it all together.

Capcom unwittingly shitting on their own game by trying to nickel & dime charge $10 extra for nice bonuses that were the sort of thing packed in with games back then.

Hopefully we'll get Resident Evil 6 this year as well. Haven't heard anything more about it since November though!
Oh, I didn't even know about that. I love the game but only played on PC. Having it to play on XBL servers would be great.

KyleCross

I wasn't able to pickup my preordered copy today, can someone please tell me the PS4 theme isn't a digital preorder exclusive and you get it for preordering physical as well? Capcom already screwed me out of costumes by making the ones I wanted digital preorder bonus, I'm gonna be unhappy if physical got shafted the theme as well. I ask cause I've been seeing this happen by other companies in regards to themes, don't know why more and more developers are tying preorder incentives to only digital preorders, I guess it's because they get more money over digital versus physical?

I wasn't able to pickup my preordered copy today, can someone please tell me the PS4 theme isn't a digital preorder exclusive and you get it for preordering physical as well? Capcom already screwed me out of costumes by making the ones I wanted digital preorder bonus, I'm gonna be unhappy if physical got shafted the theme as well. I ask cause I've been seeing this happen by other companies in regards to themes, don't know why more and more developers are tying preorder incentives to only digital preorders, I guess it's because they get more money over digital versus physical?

Themes digital.

Nemesis_

can't believe I can't find this information elsewhere but

does anyone know when enemies will respawn in Leech Hunter? Is it once you pick up 90 charms or is it 91?

And do we know what rooms repopulate?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Jesus, haven't gotten to starting this yet but it sounds like a beast in terms of difficulty D:

How bad is easy? I feel I may start there first

What's your experience with the series? It's a little more difficult than REmake, but not by much.

Some T-shirts (Portugal):

ModBot said:
Instructions for Dragon1893:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1172322&page=15.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dragon1893, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

1hFaqwB.png
PSN -- MB-2190B0E1E00E5369 - Taken by Garibaldi
EfagyaM.png
XBOXONE -- MB-D6422B519D7094D0
EfagyaM.png
XBOX360 -- MB-6769DE7B63C3C600 - Taken by Jenks

About the GMG sales.
GMG sends you a Steam Key so in the end, you are counted as owning the game on Steam by the Steamspy algorithm.

At the moment, it's selling less than indie game experiment about a baby getting cancer:
"That Dragon, Cancer"

If the numbers are correct, it's a disaster on PC for the time being.
Can't believe people are not more hyped for some traditional Resi gameplay at least on GAF.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Ah that's ok then, just keep hearing people say this one is so hard :/

In terms of classic Resi I've played REmake, 3 and CVX
The only really difficult RE on normal difficulty is the very first RE.
I'm just playing it at the moment and holy crap.... You really have to get the Magnum fast when you come back to mansion or the hunters will eat you alive. It's even difficult for me who knows the mansion structure form the back of my head.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Ah that's ok then, just keep hearing people say this one is so hard :/

In terms of classic Resi I've played REmake, 3 and CVX

CVX is slightly harder (IMO), you will be just fine.

Jawmuncher

It takes a week for Steamspy numbers to settle. Also you're forgetting it's a multi-platform release, so it's not like we have PS4 and Xbox numbers. Aside from that as was said earlier on RE2make will be the real deciding factor in survival horror type games.

Now with all of that said, Dragons Dogma being the same week as RE0 probably did cut in some on PC sales.

EL OH EL!

So I was running around like a mad person trying to find the last of the
3 plates of the Fundamentals of UC and I was like... wtf bitch, where is the third one. I go outside to the balcony upstairs and I see it on a pole and I'm like o_O and so I go downstairs and outside and there's this elevator and ofcourse it's missing the electric box thing. Mind you, I've done everything so far at this point and I couldn't believe I didn't find the box to fit in the electric thing just by accident so I go reach my "Fuck this game" point and I ask a buddy and he's like "Did you play the Piano as Billy?" and I cry.

'i've had no problems doing stuff and figuring out what to do, unlike REmake which I constantly got stuck in but this thing made meso frustrated. I guess I should've figured it out when Becca
messed up the piano playing

Bye!

Speaking of its lesser qualities, why is this game so stingy on healing items when it wants you to babysit someone made of glass?

That's a big part of why I generally control Becky. So I'm babysitting a character that can take more damage. I swap the handguns around since Billy's is better.

Top Bottom