• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 0 HD Remastered announced (2016; PC,PS4,XB1,PS3,360)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I messed with the levels a bit on the Gamecube side for this one, to better illustrate any changes to the background. It's probably not faithful to what you'd see on an actual GC.

alt-comparejsro0.gif

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Well, it doesn't look bad at all, judging by that screenshot.
I can only hope this remaster will look more cohesive - visually speaking - than REHD... I genuinely couldn't pass over its fluctuations in backgrounds' quality.

Also, is it me or they remodeled Rebecca after the original Resident Evil actress?

Image2-1_zpsrm9bzoz8.jpg

Its just you, they modeled Rebecca in Zero after Ayumi Hamasaki, same with REmake.

Yeah, it was that period of her career

FyreWulff

Huh I didn't know they made a Wii version

As someone said, all the GC REs were ported to the Wii.

Technically this makes the Wii RE4 the best one since you have both pointer control, GameCube control, the extra PS2 content and all the original GameCube graphical effects are intact. The only negative is that it's 480p compared to the HD resolution of the other versions.

If we could get a Wii U RE4 port, then we'd have RE4 in HD, with all the original graphic effects present due to having the GameCube deep inside it, and with the GC adapter the ability to play with the original controller. But they're more than likely skipping on Wii U since there's a hojillion Wii copies of the game that work already for the U.

Lakitu

st5fu
Great news, I'll buy it upon release. RE Remaster was some good shit, made me realise how much I missed the older classic Resident Evils.

Mr_Zombie

I messed with the levels a bit on the Gamecube side for this one, to better illustrate any changes to the background. It's probably not faithful to what you'd see on an actual GC.

alt-comparejsro0.gif

I don't like the bloom but the rest of the background looks great. Is it possible that this time they do have original high-res backgrounds?
I wonder how will it look in motion, especially the train part with all those animated objects.

So now that RE0, RE1/REmake, RE2, RE3, RE4, RE5, RE6, REV1 and 2 are officially on PC... There's one game missing there, CAPCOM.

Audette

Wow at the difference! looking good!

there is a boxed version of revelations 2

A6kvb6X.jpg

trying to not start PC versions as I would be to anal about the boxes of earlier releases haha. Would grab the ps3&4 editions to start.

So now that RE0, RE1/REmake, RE2, RE3, RE4, RE5, RE6, REV1 and 2 are officially on PC... There's one game missing there, CAPCOM.

Woah, I thought Code V already was on PC how did I mix that up?

liquidtmd

Banned
Really thought it would have been a given for October 2015

If it means a quality polish then sure, take time but disappointed. Was hoping in my heart of hearts that Zero would get announced for Oct 2015 with a plan of sorts for RE2 and RE3 announced after.

Zero is the weakest. It's just not all that interesting and it's structure doesn't warrant the same replayability as REMake / 2 / 3 or even CV.

Will still pick up though as loved replaying REMake and want Capcom to do....you know.

Plasma

Banned
It looks good but I wonder if they'll put in as much effort detailing the rest of the game, the RE remaster was really rough in spots.

Also I hope they add in item chests, I liked being able to drop items but it would have been better with chests as well.

Mr_Zombie

One thing that bothers me is that RE Zero uses FMV a lot, even for non-important scenes. And those were not looking that hot in REmake. :/

Porcile

If that shot is indicative of how the actual game is going to look then i'm am pleasantly surprised. RE HD was fugly as hell.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
You know, with the director and core staff of RE0 working on this, I'd find it interesting if they added more to the game, like maybe Crimson Heads or something. But probably not, I know.

S1kkZ

Fantastic news, but why fucking 2016?

because they didnt just slap some filters onto resi remake hd and took their time. they will (hopefully) do the same here. while they didnt re-render the backgrounds, they put some effort into the hd remaster.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Oh, nice. I beat Zero for the first time in my life earlier this year. It was an OK game, but I think I've had enough of it with the original GameCube version.

Mr_Zombie

Well they redid almost all of the FMV areas in 3D for REmaster so all those portions look great in it.

No, no. I'm talking about full motion movies as cut-scenes. In REmake you had intro, endings and few short non-important scenes during the game (first zombie encounter, Hunter's attack, Tyrant's reveal etc.). In RE0 there are far more full motion videos though. Out of 7 characters that appear throughout the game (I'm ignoring STARS members that appear only in the intro), only 3 have in-game 3D models.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
No one ACTUALLY thinks Knack is good r...right? At least RE6 has kickass TPS mechanics so I understand that.

Go into the next Knack or PS Plus thread you see. It will open your eyes.

Audette

Btw did the first rediHd ever got a retail release for ps4? (I know there are boxed copies of it for ps3)

No sadly.

No, no. I'm talking about full motion movies as cut-scenes. In REmake you had intro, endings and few short non-important scenes during the game (first zombie encounter, Hunter's attack, Tyrant's reveal etc.). In RE0 there are far more full motion videos though. Out of 7 characters that appear throughout the game (I'm ignoring STARS members that appear only in the intro), only 3 have in-game 3D models.

Oh damn. You're right about that... but the core experience will be way better looking. Who knows at this point maybe there is a sliver of a chance they actually have some of these assets saved this time.

News Bot

Banned
So with Code Veronica and Revelations being RE TOSE 2 and RE TOS3?

Gun Survivor too.

Whatever happened to Carlos Riveira? Now that every almost every major character has had their day in the limelight or been heavily featured, I feel he's been put on a major bus and I want to see him in a game.

Also who would play a STARS prequel game? Or even all the old STARS guy in a mercenaries mode? I really want to see the mortar guy.

Carlos Oliveira won't appear in a main game as a main character. BIO3 was originally a side-story and he was created as a side-story character, so he will only appear in side-stories, hence why he's only appeared in Umbrella Chronicles and Operation Raccoon City since. Nikolai Zinoviev is the same.

alt-comparejsro0.gif

Dolphin misses a lot of lighting effects but apart from that the HD Remaster is definitely using higher resolution backgrounds rather than simply upscaled.

KiteGr

Cool I guess, but I dont have any hopes for RE2, RE3 or RE:CV recieving similar treatment.

Resident Evil HD was based on the Remake of RE. Not the original. And RE0 used the same engine as REmake.
Currently there is no official remake of RE2 or RE3. And RE:CE recieved an HD treatment quite recently.
Even if they actually plan to remake RE2, I don't expect it to be as good as REmake. I don't trust anyone other than Shinji Mikami doing it properly.

I think these remasters will stop with RE0...

Tizoc

Code Veronica never had a PC release, but they could always just port the PS360 version of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom