• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 0 HD Remastered announced (2016; PC,PS4,XB1,PS3,360)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleCross

I don't know which GAF cult is more bizarre, the cult of RE6 fans or the cult of Knack fans ;)

I think RE6 is a great game, definitely better than RE5, and I'm a vocal supporter of it... but even I wouldn't go as far as saying it is one of Capcom's best games.

They've made waaaay too many GOATs for that.

As for Rebecca's face I'm fairly sure it is the same, but there's better lighting now. Pretty sure the strange look is the shadows.

N30RYU

Gold Member
Do they have the assets for this one? Or will be reescaled as fuck like the first one with crushed blacks?

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Excellent stuff, I really enjoyed 0 back on the Gamecube and was one of the people who loved it a lot (even if some of the design stuff like the magical elevator was over the top a little) for its game-play and environments. The train and Training Facility are God-Like with detail and atmosphere <3

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Am buying it just for Rebecca. Best RE character ever.

5ae3f68dbf21f79a32855a3613cc45de.png

Been my Steam icon since I made the account.

Rebecca in Zero > REmake > RE1 > Umbrella Chronicles > I'M REBECCA HEHE RE5

(in my opinion)

Anung

Un Rama
Actually looking forward to playing this again. I still have the gamecube version but a spruced up version will be cool. That said the game is very flawed. The train segment is masterful but it falls apart after you get to the mansion due to over reliance on rubbish animal enemy types.

Plus, gotta support Resi so Capcom can use the money on a RE2make >_>

Nzyme32

This is all well and good but it doesn't require a massive effort as such since both this and the original resident evil were remastered on the gamecube and that is what they work from. I want resident evil 2, which never had any work done to it since its original release yet was re-released on plenty of systems over the years

Fractal

Banned
That's good to hear, I never had the chance to play these "classic" Resident Evil games, so I hope all get remastered eventually.

Shin-Ra

I wonder if they'll manage such high-end features as 60fps, smooth camera swaps, high-res shadows and MSAA this time. Considering it's mostly prerendered and stuff.

Semajer

Good. I'll get it on Steam on release.

I do hope that they try to improve on the base game with item boxes (or just reducing the size of that fucking hookshot), and online co-op. If co-op will work. I'm just imagining one player sitting bored with nothing to do for long periods of time, like outside the church. The Leech Hunter rewards need to be accessible regardless of difficulty, and reaching a high reward tier should unlock everything beneath it too.

I'd also love if they added an N64 mode, with the demo models and sound effects.

More than anything else though, they need to give Billy a bandito costume to go with Rebecca's cowgirl one.

Jawmuncher

Good this was announced before E3 so I can expect another RE announcement there. RE7 c'mon! /sheva

This is what I'm expecting. There's going to be something for RE at one of the conferences. If dev time has been like the others. Though if that's a new game which it should be or a remaster of varying type depends.

This is what I'm expecting. There's going to be something for RE at one of the conferences. If dev time has been like the others. Though if that's a new game which it should be or a remaster of varying type depends.

Just give me something that doesn't disappoint. While I enjoyed Revelations 2 campaign, Raid Mode was extremely disappointing to me. REmake was fun, as I never played it before and I'm not a person to replay campaigns over and over. I need an RE game with good multiplayer or co-op stuff which is why I was excited for Revelations 2 but shit Capcom, you done messed up with that.

Raysod

Banned
I never had a gamecube and never had the chance to play RE0, so I am really excited for RE0 remaster!

If the quality of the remaster is similar with the recent RE1 remaster my body is ready for some classic RE gameplay… :D

Jawmuncher

I actually really like Zero. No burning zombies, the leech man , and the faux coop play is pretty fun. Biggest issue I have is the whole set up for the slugs. Main antagonist is pretty dumb.

S1kkZ

if this new hd-remake course gives us remasters of viewtiful joe 1+2 / dragons dogma / resident evil 4+5+6 collection / lost planet 1+2+3 / dead rising 1+2 and onimusha 3+4, that could be cool.

A remaster for 360/PS3? A crossgen remaster, ive seen it all.

It's not like the PS360 versions are gonna hold back the performance of the game on the PS4/Xbone versions in any conceivable way, you're just complaining about it for the sake of complaining.

A fun game but not as good as RE1, the improvements to the REmake engine in zero are nice though, it felt better to play and move around.

WITHE1982

Oh FFS! I've just finished a play-through of it on the Gamecube last week. TBH I didn't really enjoy it as much as I used to. Zero is quite short and environments are pretty limited.

I'll still pick up the HD remake but must warn people not to expect as polished an experience as with RE:HD.

Edit: Wow 2016 release. That's some wait. Guess it'll not be as fresh in my memory as I thought it was.

Oh FFS! I've just finished a play-through of it on the Gamecube last week. TBH I didn't really enjoy it as much as I used to. Zero is quite short and environments are pretty limited.

I'll still pick up the HD remake but must warn people not to expect as polished an experience as with RE:HD.

Edit: Wow 2016 release. That's some wait. Guess it'll not be as fresh in my memory as I thought it was.

I like how they experimented with the dual character feature; I thought it was a nice break from the standard formula. Then again... that whole Rebecca ordeal before 1.

Capcom's such a wonderful mess these days. Bring on more weird remakes that only a small amount of people want.

Really, if they were doing RE, surely RE2 would be the logical choice with the most mass market appeal?

Nothing against REZero, it just seems like an odd choice. But, of course. Because Capcom.

Parsnip

I am shocked!

2016 though, I hope that means they'll do more work to it than REmaster, that was such a visually uneven experience.

You know, with the director and core staff of RE0 working on this, I'd find it interesting if they added more to the game, like maybe Crimson Heads or something. But probably not, I know.

Crimson Heads and the addition of traditional item boxes (in place of just dropping stuff in random places) would improve this game immensely.

I've never actually got more than about half way through RE0 and I don't hate the game in general but the enemies are seriously lacking for the most part, adding crimson heads would really help in that regard. Those leech zombie things were pretty lame as the equivalent of crimson heads, and even the hunters didn't feel as 'vicious' or threatening as they were in REmake. And some of the animal-based enemies in this game are just woeful in their design.

My favorite RE game is back in action!

But early 2016? That seems a bit far off. I wish it was on Wii U so I don't have to constantly opening up the menu for my items, but I'll get it for my Xbox One or even PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom