• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 2 Remake Confirmed [WE DO IT!]

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
We do it, y'all

A5F1cx.gif

I'd honestly want a complete makeover. Not just REmake. I mean if it's just that than I'm still fine. But really want it to play more like 6 when it comes to combat. I'm going to get a lot of flak for this, but I don't care.

Alo0oy

Banned
This would make the most sense but I'll gladly take a 3 remake a couple of years after.

Doing only 2 would be stupid. If they want to sell this at full price, they need to include both 2 & 3. They can also have the RE2 characters be playable in RE3's mercenaries that way using RE3's more varied environments.

BadWolf

I'd honestly want a complete makeover. Not just REmake. I mean if it's just that than I'm still fine. But really want it to play more like 6 when it comes to combat. I'm going to get a lot of flak for this, but I don't care.

I really doubt they are going to use that combat system for anything other than the newest mainline entries.

The next time we see it will be RE7 imo.

Capcom is turning down large amounts of money if they keep it old style. Considering that this is the same company that was too afraid to make another street fighter because it wouldnt make MAXIMUM REVENUE (and even then they turned it into a F2P game) I wouldn't bet on it.

Sanctuary

That's not good at all, if they are going to seriously take feedback on it. For as many fans of the classic RE games that there are, there are probably triple (or more) that are fans of the more actiony style.
Maybe Capcom was feeling the pressure when projects like this are being done?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flBvR9zl1Zg (not the nice looking, but totally not RE, Left4Dead type remake)

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
This will be interesting.

RE2 style: people will complain about tank controls and it being a short game.
Short game? When playing both scenarios (which is needed to see the true ending) it's just as long as any other RE game. And then you can also play the scenarios reversed. This game had a ton of replay value.

Kuraudo

Banned
2015: the year companies realise there's money to be made by giving fans what they've been asking for for the last decade.

Alo0oy

Banned
Please RE4 style!!!!

And by that I mean Tank controls =P

Finally Capcpom's doing it, this is going to be awesome.

Please no, I love TPSs as much as the next guy, but the original RE trilogy should remain survival horror, I know RE2 was the least scary of the original trilogy, but it still had a lot of creepy moments like the clicker's introduction & Mr. X.

AdanVC

This is so cool. One of the best RE. Too bad it was greenlighted literally yesterday so it's probably gonna take at least 2 years until we have at least a release date of this game :'(

joe2187

Banned

It wouldn't make much sense tonally for it to play like RE6.

Leons First day as a cop shouldnt have him flip kicking all over the place and Claire doing german suplexes.

Dont get me wrong, I love RE6 gameplay. But the traditional REmake controls and gameplay is more than enough.

Mr Swine

Banned
Please no, I love TPSs as much as the next guy, but the original RE trilogy should remain survival horror, I know RE2 was the least scary of the original trilogy, but it still had a lot of creepy moments like the clicker's introduction & Mr. X.

You know, can't they do both? Have the game fully 3D but with classic mode that has the camera angles and modern mode that it's more akin to RE4?

BadWolf

This is so cool. One of the best RE. Too bad it was greenlighted literally yesterday so it's probably gonna take at least 2 years until we have at least a release date of this game :'(

The first REmake was made in a year.

And that's with them having to learn the then new Gamecube hardware.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
That's my year made, unless Battlefront turns out to be shit

Please combine it with RE3's story for the compete version of the Racoon City incident!

Alo0oy

Banned
You know, can't they do both? Have the game fully 3D but with classic mode that has the camera angles and modern mode that it's more akin to RE4?

It's not about the camera angles, RE4 wasn't a survival horror because you basically had unlimited ammo & your character can do a fucking suplex, destroying any illusion of weakness for the main character.

If you have unlimited ammo & your character is superman, there's no pretense of survival horror anymore.

I always say this, Resident Evil 4 was a great game, but it wasn't a great Resident Evil.

Wasp

Despite RE4 being my favourite RE game I think I'm on Team REmake for this.

Although a RE2 remake with RE4 gameplay could potentially be awesome I don't think current Capcom have it in them to make a RE4 calibre game. They have less chance of messing it up by doing a more 1:1 remake.

Although no tank controls please.

Garlador

Amazing.

I admit, that enthusiasm is infectious. I hope this rocks and blows sales expectations out of the water.
DerZuhälter;175154322 said:
This is how creativity dies. With roaring applause.
The Remake of the last game had more originality added to it than the last 10 years of Resident Evil games we've endured.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
It wouldn't make much sense tonally for it to play like RE6.

Leons First day as a cop shouldnt have him flip kicking all over the place and Claire doing german suplexes.

Dont get me wrong, I love RE6 gameplay. But the traditional REmake controls and gameplay is more than enough.

Yeah honestly the only REmake this would make sense for would be RE3 where Jill be dodging and rolling around anyways.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
They were never going to do that.

Isn't that what the N64 version was?

DerZuhälter;175154322 said:
This is how creativity dies. With roaring applause.

They don't know how to make RE games anymore, I'd rather they just take the old ones and tart them up a bit tbh.

Newboi

Welp...it's happening. Now I just need to cryogenically freeze myself until 2018 when this and FF7 remake come out.

Sanctuary

It's not about the camera angles, RE4 wasn't a survival horror because you basically had unlimited ammo & your character can do a fucking suplex, destroying any illusion of weakness for the main character.

If you have unlimited ammo & your character is superman, there's no pretense of survival horror anymore.

I always say this, Resident Evil 4 was a great game, but it wasn't a great Resident Evil.

Who cares? It was still one of the funnest games ever that had the RE name stamped on the cover. Regardless of whether or not one believes it's a "real" RE (*which apparently only means Survival Horror).

Top Bottom