• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 2 Remake pitched today

Neff

Even Leon was checking dat dress.
tumblr_m92ber8fD71rqzu2ko1_r1_500.gif

Mikami's best Kojima moment, and legit funny rather than creepy.

... I admit, Chief Iron's stuff flew over my head when I was younger. Looking up his actual bio?

... He's the biggest monster in the entire game.

that fax yo

uJCImB.png

... I admit, Chief Iron's stuff flew over my head when I was younger. Looking up his actual bio?

... He's the biggest monster in the entire game.

S.D. Perry's novelization of RE2 goes a little bit into Iron's weird motives, and how he commissioned the RCPD to be designed like the maze it is.

Neff

S.D. Perry's novelization of RE2 goes a little bit into Iron's weird motives, and how he commissioned the RCPD to be designed like the maze it is.

Not only are the novels not canon, but it's unlikely Irons had a say in the design of the RPD building, due to it being an old refitted museum.

He may have been a factor in the decision to use the museum though, and the fact that it was maze-like is something he clearly appreciated upon his 'change of heart'.

Bl@de

Not going to get excited. Will wait for official announcement including what it will be like (REmake or RE6 style) ... Disappointment would hurt too much.

OH PLEASE BE REAL AND GOOD. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Synth

The production on the original REmake started in the beginning of 2001 and the game was released in March 2012.

Wow, that sounds like a disaster. Not sure why they'd even entertain the idea of trying to do another. Shenmue 4 sounds like a better plan.

djshauny

Banned
Why would it cost a ton? A lot of the game is already basically done (story, world and character design, enemies etc.) so they don't have to start from scratch.

The production on the original REmake started in the beginning of 2001 and the game was released in March 2012.

2012?

Not only are the novels not canon, but it's unlikely Irons had a say in the design of the RPD building, due to it being an old refitted museum.

He may have been a factor in the decision to use the museum though, and the fact that it was maze-like is something he clearly appreciated upon his 'change of heart'.

Forgot all about that. Truthfully I haven't read the book in about fifteen years. Didn't know it wasn't considered canon.

After how square enix is butchering FFVII i think it's best to leave this alone unless its like REmake. But it's most likely going to be garbage ass design like part 4,5 or 6.

It sounds like no turn based battle system, instead (speculative) something more like kingdom hearts.

Yeah. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed playing the kingdom hearts hd collections but that is not what I want in a FF7 remake.

Changing the battle system is not butchering the game to me. When I think of potential changes in FFVIIR the battle system is one of the laSt things I'm concerned with.

Fehyd

Banned
I sort of feel like the game could help fix a few things in the canon. possibly upping the sense of scale a bit. (maybe there are other precincts that were overrun before the one Leon heads to?) I for the life of me couldn't figure out how a city of 100,000 has a Police Station that looks to be able to handle a city of 14,000.

Pinky

Banned
Gods no. Leave it alone. Enough with the constant remakes already. -_-

Constant remakes? I've seen way more remasters than remakes. Besides, this could be awesome. Look at how amazing REmake is in comparison to the original RE. The game massively improved upon the original in every way imaginable. Many hold 2 as the highpoint of the series. To see it get the REmake treatment would make it stellar beyond words.

If true, I hope Capcom bring back the original voice actors for Leon and Claire. Hmm, okay perhaps not Leon as the original voice actor only played the part in RE2 but surely Paul Mercier from RE4?

But they have to bring back Alyson Court as Claire. She's pretty much been the voice of Claire Redfield since RE2 but for some strange reason they got rid of her in Revelations 2. Bring her back for this one please!

Oh my actual fuck this is better than FF7 Remake, Shenmue, and HL3 sweet Jesus make it sooooooo..... If it's in the same vein as REmake. I'll buy ten copies.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Mikami's best Kojima moment, and legit funny rather than creepy.

that fax yo

uJCImB.png

The fax. Serious business up in RCPD

That's it. *slaps table* I'm doing another RE2 playthrough tonight. It's on

It sounds like no turn based battle system, instead (speculative) something more like kingdom hearts.

Yeah. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed playing the kingdom hearts hd collections but that is not what I want in a FF7 remake.

^This. I hated Kingdom hearts battle system. That type of battle system don't work well with JRPGS imo. Persona still gets it right IMO. With that being said I think its a 80-20 in favor of terrible RE4 design than Remake design. But I hope i am wrong. Hard to have faith in the gaming industry these days. Especially in an era of under delivering games, false hypes, downgrades and DLC scamming.

Axial

That one RE game I've never played, but always wanted to... now I'm gettin' all excited n'shit!
Hope this ain't just a simple upscale/port/whatever hack job but an actual REmake. Fingers crossed.

Vaev

I can't stop laughing at this post, because it's disgusting and sounds like you just crap your pants all the time.

Like, "time to crap my pants again!" My Lord.

Haha, well.... That game was and still is that scary. Thankfully my bowels function normally. It was a crappy figure of speech.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Oh god. I've been feeling like this all day. Glad I'm not the only one lol

632/757 MB downloaded on the PSTV right now!

Haven't played in a year, hope I don't waste all my stuff bumbling around

Coflash

I love it when people want remakes of classic games in this day and age. The essence of what made it great won't be preserved. It'll be a streamlined RE6ish flavoured snore fest by the time they're done with it.

Top Bottom