• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 2 Remake Total Story Length Confirmed By Director, Producer.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Per campaign

Also, this attitude sucks and is precisely what’s contributing to bloated, boring, overly long open world games and “Games as a Service”. A good experience is more valuable than a lengthy one and some types of games cannot be realistically made to last 50+ hours.

It’s reached a point for me where I will absolutely skip overly long games. They’re always padded out and I never have any desire to finish them.

Very well said D dark10x :)!

Last edited:

-MD-

Per campaign

Also, this attitude sucks and is precisely what’s contributing to bloated, boring, overly long open world games and “Games as a Service”. A good experience is more valuable than a lengthy one and some types of games cannot be realistically made to last 50+ hours.

It’s reached a point for me where I will absolutely skip overly long games. They’re always padded out and I never have any desire to finish them.

I stopped buying overly long games as well, when I hear "epic 50 hour rpg" I pretty much instantly lose interest.

Hope it's at least lengthier than RE7. I tried to delay the ending by exploring every corner and backtracking more than i should and i still got less than 8 hours.

I'm playing Resident Evil 7 now, first time, and so far i'm clocking at 14 hours. I feel I'm by the end . I am taking my time finding every time i can find, and also retried many scenarios and going back to old saves when i know i could have done a better job to save ammo and health. I'm loving the game, despite the fact that I'm a sacredly cat lol.

I stopped buying overly long games as well, when I hear "epic 50 hour rpg" I pretty much instantly lose interest.

Hah, I'm with you. Maybe I'm getting too old with my time more limited. I hesitate to games like that now. I started the witcher 3 three weeks ago after putting it off for 3 years, lol. And yes, I said to myself "why did i get into this?"

Shifty

Per campaign

Bravo. What does it say about the value of your time if you're willing to assign it a dollar metric for quantity, but not for quality?

There is very much a place for well-crafted shorter titles, particularly when they have good replay value.

Aggelos

Damn...10 hours is pretty long in my eyes.
How do people have so much free time??

They don't.
Most of the Videogaming in the 21st century is based on the notion that you somehow make money out of it (by streaming, by being a youtuber, by being a content creator, by being a VG journalist and what not), and not just playing a game just to get a kick out of it.
So people find time because there's some sort of motivation/benefit behind the playing a game practice (the so-called WIIFM, What's in it for me)

Last edited:

Dacon

Banned
Can you guys not pace yourselves? Just play an hour or two a day when youre relaxing after the day. You don't have to just sit down and play forever.

I beat The Witcher 3 over a few months like this.

If a few people are getting upset that they think 10 hours is short for a single character playthrough, they're really going to be upset when they see actual length per character.

RE games have great replayability. Here you have 2 characters roughly 10 hours each, possible A/B scenarios. Then there's replaying the game to try to speed run, do better, etc. This is fine.

Top Bottom