• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 Remake LEAKS thread (UNMARKED SPOILERS AHEAD)

Gotchya.

Is the lab/hospital section of the game linear or somewhat open to explore with backtracking (ala, the Spencer Mansion or the RPD in RE2make)?

Flicked through the stream a little. I mean this guy made it through the hospital and lab without many issues and he was kinda not taking it that seriously. Looking at a map of the hospital at one point, I don't see anything resembling those. Hard to get a feel without playing it myself of course and I want the map memorization to feel new when I do.

Also the switch to monster Nemesis at the clock tower is a bad change. It kind of looks like there's a real lack of humanoid Nemesis. As much as I hated fighting the samey boss in the original over and over, I think humanoid can be more interesting and intimidating than big bad monster than lunges every so often.

Last edited:

SuperGooey

Flicked through the stream a little. I mean this guy made it through the hospital and lab without many issues and he was kinda not taking it that seriously. Looking at a map of the hospital at one point, I don't see anything resembling those. Hard to get a feel without playing it myself of course and I want the map memorization to feel new when I do.

Also the switch to monster Nemesis at the clock tower is a bad change. It kind of looks like there's a real lack of humanoid Nemesis. As much as I hated fighting the samey boss in the original over and over, I think humanoid can be more interesting and intimidating than big bad monster than lunges every so often.
Oh, ok. I thought you watched the whole stream, but I guess you're just a skimmer and a skipper like me. ;)

I have no interest in REsistance at all, but I'll be playing the beta tomorrow to keep me occupied. I've even resorted to watching the RE live-action movies in order to get my fix. I am a fucking loser.

Aggelos

Man guys, the "Staff & Credits" reprise theme made me feel extraordinary nostalgia. October 1999, when I played and finished the OG.
How time flies away.... Damn....

SuperGooey

Man guys, the "Staff & Credits" reprise theme made me feel extraordinary nostalgia. October 1999, when I played and finished the OG.
How time flies away.... Damn....
I was actually never a fan of RE3's end theme. It had the hokey 90s duet songs that would always show up in the end credits of movies at the time, but I'm glad that they didn't cut it, and actually made a new rendition of it. I actually really liked this new version!

Someone posted on ResetEra that "The Final Metamorphosis" gets a new rendition as well. Can't wait to hear that!

piers1987

Neo Member
Also Resistance trophies:
SW9F03D.jpg

8OYmPlr.jpg

0tEWdDK.jpg

p3LKFSk.jpg

DpR4oDa.jpg

P2QR7Hw.jpg

866k7Au.jpg

7B0vGPa.jpg

UYZpnBu.jpg

SW9F03D.jpg

8OYmPlr.jpg

0tEWdDK.jpg

p3LKFSk.jpg

DpR4oDa.jpg

P2QR7Hw.jpg

866k7Au.jpg

7B0vGPa.jpg

UYZpnBu.jpg

Last edited:

SuperGooey

REsistance is a brilliant marketing strategy. Now Capcom can deflect the lack of content and extra modes in R3make by saying we got REsistance, and any complaints against REsistance being an awful asset flip can be deflected because it came "free" with RE3.

If it's as shitty as it looks, I hope it fails hard so we can at least get some solid DLC for R3make.

SuperGooey

How did you guys feels about that ending? There's a brief scene after the credits I didn't understand that much
I think it's just symbolizing that Jill will take a part of Umbrella anywhere she goes.

Not nearly as cool as getting epilogues for 8 major RE characters...

Aggelos

I was actually never a fan of RE3's end theme. It had the hokey 90s duet songs that would always show up in the end credits of movies at the time, but I'm glad that they didn't cut it, and actually made a new rendition of it. I actually really liked this new version!

Someone posted on ResetEra that "The Final Metamorphosis" gets a new rendition as well. Can't wait to hear that!

Yes, the Nemesis Final Metamorphosis is in there, with a reprise/rendition. Another all-time classic.
Although the bad quality of the FB stream fails to do it justice. Back in Feb 2019 they released the complete Biohazard RE:2 OST, so hopefully this one will also get a full digital OST.

But nothing can beat the classic Biohazard Orchestra Album of 1999. Even the music of today's RE2Remake RE3Remake can't come close to that John Williams Hollywood orchestral sound that they went after in that album.

1226-1278440526.png

Last edited:

SuperGooey

Aggelos Aggelos Yeah, that's a good album. R3make used both the RE2 and RE3 save room themes from it. I could criticize RE3 for reusing more assets, but I think it worked in this case. Save room music was handled MUCH better than this remake than in RE2, but that's not saying much.

BTW, I think it's safe to say that after learning everything about the game, we can confirm that "leaker" Dusk Golem is full of was wrong about a lot. He either made a lot of stuff up, or his sources are shit.

Last edited:

SuperGooey

Wow, is the game that short?

At least RE2 had a campaign with two characters, is there anything like it here?
Nope.

This is going to be a huge problem for most people as well. RE3 Classic was short, but it made up for it with alternate endings, branching stories based on choices you made, and Mercenaries mode which unlocked unlimited ammo for the main campaign. R3make has none of that.

Last edited:

Soulsdark

LOL at that ending when they get killed xD. It looked kinda silly tbh.
Pretty sure that nuke would've knocked the helicopter out of the sky, and Jill lifting and shooting that railgun by hand is pretty silly too xD.
I know, realism or RE pick one ( games in general really, they're hardly ever very realistic ).
It just makes it feel even sillier how people are arguing that RE is '' more realistic '' now because Jill isn't wearing a skirt lol.

That last Nemesis form looked crazy tho.

But yeah, I don't have time atm to watch the whole thing but from what I've seen there doesn't seem to be many if any puzzles? The only one was for the train.
If there are basically no puzzles then the time to complete wouldn't surprise me at all either.
I mean how much of the time we put in RE2 for example was running back and forward and solving puzzles?

Edit: Again I am sorry, but it just drives me insane how people call these games '' realistic '' because a female character covers more of her skin after seeing that ending and even in RE2 with how the characters are thrown around like ragdolls.
Leon gets punched in the gut by Birkin against a metal floor so hard that it caves in and breaks and walks it off, and tiny little Jill lifts up a HUUUUUUUUUGE railgun like it's made out of foam xD.
It just goes to show how shallow peoples views on '' realism '' is and I just can't get over it. It annoys the hell out of me.

Last edited:

Aggelos

Wow, is the game that short?

At least RE2 had a campaign with two characters, is there anything like it here?

No. The reason is its back-story and how RE3 Nemesis originally came to be.

Back in the day, the creator and mastermind of the series, Mikami Shinji, tendered his resignation after 3 days of fierce negotiations with his higher-ups. The reason? They wanted to name the project Resident Evil 3. Mikami was against this game becoming the 3rd sequel of the series, since it was lacking volume, scope, quality and content compared to RE2 and RE1. But he was eventually overruled.

So this remake, couldn't have changed things anyhow. I mean, if you want it to be longer, do your first run in the highest available difficulty. period.

"Okamoto requested us to add more content so the game would be longer,” Aoyama explained. Notably, the game was originally intended to end at the Clock Tower following one final encounter with Nemesis. It might have taken the average player two or three hours to reach this point in the game and less during replays. As a result, Aoyama’s team added new locations, such as Raccoon City Park and the Dead Factory. Other existing areas were expanded with new rooms, as well. "

Last edited:
Guys, what's the consensus so far? Is it worth day one? Is there cut content?
All time fan here, but I' m worried about game lenght and plot tweaks

Last edited:

SuperGooey

Has anyone posted a bossfight with a second Nemesis form?
It's in the OP. Lock on Nemesis Phase 2 under the Complete Bestiary.

BTW, Dusk Golem from ResetEra has details about the Nightmare Difficulty. It sounds like the ideal way to play the game with enemies, like Hunter Gamma, pale heads, and lickers being unitilzed a lot more:
Two things, firstly got confirmation, apparently if you have an RE3 Save File when you launch up Resistance, you unlock Jill as a Survivor and Nikolai as a Mastermind. Nikolai's "Special" is to summon Nemesis. This also implies Resistance will probably be sold separately later as owning RE3 unlocks Jill and Nikolai for you.

Also got details on Nightmare difficulty.

So for those who want to know how differently Nightmare changes things, same anonymous person who mentioned the time stuff has been giving me a list of changes they've observed so far. Of course, don't read on if you don't want to spoil Nightmare difficulty changes for yourself.

-Picking up Ammo packs give you less, like Handgun ammo pick-ups give you 7 bullets rather than 10.
-You get the Magnum very early, get it at the Subway at the beginning.
-Zombies move faster.
-Zombies do the "REmake 2 thing" where their AI for lunging changes on which difficulty you're playing on. On Normal they lunge once, on Hardcore they "double-lunge", on Nightmare they "double-lunge" and are more twitchy and get-up and recover when anything they may be stunned by.
-There are more enemies generally. Like the beginning alley before entering the place with the Toy Store, there are now 5 zombies rather than 2, in the Drain Deimos section here's a lot more of them and they're more aggressive, etc. This is rather consistent.
-The "window dressing" zombies behind gates who normally can't attack you are replaced with Parasite Zombies, who have a distance attack so they can attack you now.
-A LOT more Parasite Zombies in general.
-Moon Doughnuts route is closed when you go through rather than the Alley path, forcing you down the Alley path (on normal difficulties, force you through Doughnuts).
-Nemesis AI is more relentless and harder to down.
-In the Sewers, Hunter Gamma's positions are changed so you fight more than one at a time.
-In RPD there is a lot more Lickers, and Pale Heads from the Hospital appear at the end of RPD, and even Pale Heads with Parasite Heads (which are new).
-Lickers appear in the Hospital as well and aren't just locked to RPD now.
-Some later game sections with Dogs, the Dogs have been replaced with Hunter Gammas.
-NEST 2 has more Pale Heads, less Parasites though.
-The final couple Nemesis bosses are a lot more aggressive and give a much smaller window to attack them, making the fights a LOT harder.

And there we go for those curious.
Completing Nightmare unlocks Inferno, which makes Nemesis faster, removes auto save, and has less typewriters.

Last edited:
Kind of expected enemy number upgrades and changes for higher difficulty. The second half of the game was laughable on assisted. As in, it actually damages perception of the game because people are going to think that's representative.

SuperGooey

Kind of expected enemy number upgrades and changes for higher difficulty. The second half of the game was laughable on assisted. As in, it actually damages perception of the game because people are going to think that's representative.
"-There are more enemies generally. Like the beginning alley before entering the place with the Toy Store, there are now 5 zombies rather than 2, in the Drain Deimos section here's a lot more of them and they're more aggressive, etc. This is rather consistent."

Aggelos

Guys, didn't we say that already?
In order to get a decent type of experience, on your first run, you have to dive into the highest available difficulty. This game is neither The Last of Us Part II nor Days Gone, so do not expect to get the size, scope and volume of an open world survival horror game.
Playing RE3Remake on assisted mode on your first run makes the game just too laughable to complete, and then people go like "what? that was way too short... What the hell man? Was that it?" . And people start drawing parallels with Days Gone or Red Dead Redemption 2.

Therefore, everything above Nightmare Difficulty is gonna be the real deal. It will separate the 'Monday morning quarter-backs' from the devoted fans of the classic '90s RE games.

Last edited:

SuperGooey

Guys, didn't we say that already?
In order to get a decent type of experience, on your first run, you have to dive into the highest available difficulty. This game is neither The Last of Us Part II nor Days Gone, so do not expect to get the size, scope and volume of an open world survival horror game.
Playing RE3Remake on assisted mode on your first run makes the game just too laughable to complete, and then people go like "what? that was way too short... What the hell man? Was that it?" . And people start drawing parallels with Days Gone or Red Dead Redemption 2.

Therefore, everything above Nightmare Difficulty is gonna be the real deal. It will separate the 'Monday morning quarter-backs' from the devoted fans of the classic '90s RE games.
Right, but I wanna play on Standard first so I have something more to look forward to, and can appreciate the remixed enemy and difficulty more.

And yes, RE games are usually short, which is why it's so fun to speedrun them; however, there are usually two campaigns. In the case where you play as one protag, like in RE4, it's a much longer game to make up for it; plus, you still get the optional Ada modes (both Separate Ways and Assignment Ada) and Mercenaries. R3make is really light on content, and I'm not counting the online-only REsistance game.

Last edited:

perbart4

Neo Member
:(

• Brad will never face with Nemesis
  • Dario is in the game for 5 sec
  • Marvin will be in the game for 7 sec
  • Kendo will be in the game for 10 sec
  • Murphy will be in the game for 4 sec
  • Mikhail's scene butchered, less heroic.
  • Enemies got cut
  • Places got cut (no clock tower)
  • Nemesis turns into a giant licker, pfff
  • You want stars, Ill give you stars (butchered)
  • The first half is 70% of the demo scenes, later sections of the game are generic and boring to stretch it into 6h.
  • Four-legged Nemesis fights at the end, just a No.
  • Ending, blee
  • Ending scene (No Barry, lame Nuke CGI, you will not see the destruction of RC)

Last edited:

lukejenkins91

Neo Member
:(

• Brad will never face with Nemesis
  • Dario is in the game for 5 sec
  • Marvin will be in the game for 7 sec
  • Kendo will be in the game for 10 sec
  • Murphy will be in the game for 4 sec
  • Mikhail's scene butchered, less heroic.
  • Enemies got cut
  • Places got cut (no clock tower)
  • Nemesis turns into a giant licker, pfff
  • You want stars, Ill give you stars (butchered)
  • The first half is 70% of the demo scenes, later sections of the game are generic and boring to stretch it into 6h.
  • Four-legged Nemesis fights at the end, just a No.
  • Ending, blee
  • Ending scene (No Barry, lame Nuke CGI, you will not see the destruction of RC)
  • Brad doesn't face with Nemesis, but at least he's more fleshed out and conveys more STARS-like bravery
  • Dario is in the original for 5 seconds as well
  • Marvin wasn't in the original at all
  • Kendo wasn't in the original at all
  • Murphy is in the original for 5 seconds as well
  • Mikhail as a character gets much more screen time than his original counterpart and his death is much the same
  • Enemies were cut, but other enemies appear (lickers) and existing enemies get fantastic redesigns
  • The point of the clock tower in the original was to signal for a rescue chopper, and since that's not a remake storyline, there's no point to the clock tower
  • Nemesis's new forms are MUCH more interested than the original
  • I agree, the "You want STARS?" line should have been used at the end
  • The demo scenes make up like 5% of the game lol, and the later sections are incredible, namely the Hospital
  • Using the rail cannon on Nemesis while a remaster of his final boss theme plays? Yes please
  • Ending is great, the end of Nicholai's story arc is much more satisfying than in the original
  • No Barry is sucky, but the nuke CGI is impressive, and you clearly see Raccoon City get obliterated

So can anyone tell me how Jill's attitude towards Carlos and the others change? I suspect she'll warm up to them, but looking for confirmation.

To be fair, the boss fights seem very poor compared to the original and RE2make. Of course OGRE3 boss fights were a bit too samey. But he was tough and scary when he ran at you. The final two boss fights seem a bit too "spectacle driven". But I've only seen the assisted gameplay, so who knows.

E.T. Waifu

So can anyone tell me how Jill's attitude towards Carlos and the others change? I suspect she'll warm up to them, but looking for confirmation.
Judging by what I've seen in the newest trailer, I'd say she does. Btw, Jill's always been mean to Carlos, even in the original. Like, she literally slapped him and it looked like it hurt like hell.

Judging by what I've seen in the newest trailer, I'd say she does. Btw, Jill's always been mean to Carlos, even in the original. Like, she literally slapped him and it looked like it hurt like hell.
Oh, I know. I was just talking to somebody on another site who's claiming that they changed Jill in the remake to be a "feminist bitch" because she isn't kind to the UBCS in the demo.

E.T. Waifu

Oh, I know. I was just talking to somebody on another site who's claiming that they changed Jill in the remake to be a "feminist bitch" because she isn't kind to the UBCS in the demo.
Well, I did find her slightly annoying too in the demo, but we have to consider what happened in RE1. She's probably traumatized and has lost many friends in many different, awful ways. She has every right to act like a bitch to them.

Vader.2114

Neo Member
  • Brad doesn't face with Nemesis, but at least he's more fleshed out and conveys more STARS-like bravery
  • Mikhail as a character gets much more screen time than his original counterpart and his death is much the same
  • Enemies were cut, but other enemies appear (lickers) and existing enemies get fantastic redesigns
  • The point of the clock tower in the original was to signal for a rescue chopper, and since that's not a remake storyline, there's no point to the clock tower
  • The demo scenes make up like 5% of the game lol, and the later sections are incredible, namely the Hospital
  • Using the rail cannon on Nemesis while a remaster of his final boss theme plays? Yes please
  • Ending is great, the end of Nicholai's story arc is much more satisfying than in the original
  • No Barry is sucky, but the nuke CGI is impressive, and you clearly see Raccoon City get obliterated
I'm preferring the remake over the original

SuperGooey

Nemesis's redesign in the remake is one of the best parts about it; massive improvement over the original.

The demo scenes make up like 5% of the game lol, and the later sections are incredible, namely the Hospital
It makes up most of the city segments, though. Like 80%.

Last edited:

perbart4

Neo Member

If Dario, Marvin, Kendo, Murphy having the same screen time in the full game as in a trailer, I guess that is disappointing. Actually I feel tricked.

"Mikhail as a character gets much more screen time" <-- Yeah wounded and sitting. Interesting as hell.
"The demo scenes make up like 5% of the game lol" <--- and 70% of the novel game design. The demo scenes are pretty much what we got from RC, the rest are mostly reused assets from re2, and super generic level design (hospital, lab) where every room is pretty much the same.
"Nemesis's new forms are MUCH more interested than the original" <-- Not for me, that's for sure.
"Nicholai's story arc" <-- What story arch? He is bad and unrealistically greedy that's it. Did I miss something?

perbart4

Neo Member
If Dario, Marvin, Kendo, Murphy having the same screen time in the full game as in a trailer, I guess that is disappointing. Actually I feel tricked.

"Mikhail as a character gets much more screen time" <-- Yeah wounded and sitting. Interesting as hell.
"The demo scenes make up like 5% of the game lol" <--- and 70% of the novel game design. The demo scenes are pretty much what we got from RC, the rest are mostly reused assets from re2, and super generic level design (hospital, lab) where every room is pretty much the same.
"Nemesis's new forms are MUCH more interested than the original" <-- Not for me, that's for sure.
"Nicholai's story arc" <-- What story arch? He is bad and unrealistically greedy that's it. Did I miss something?

"The point of the clock tower in the original was to signal for a rescue chopper, and since that's not a remake storyline, there's no point to the clock tower" <-- Yeah Butchering another iconic moment. Among many who played RE3 as a kid, that scene came in the second half of the game, made us believe we beat the game, then Nemesis shoots the helicopter made all of us jump from the chair.

HTonon

Neo Member
I'm preferring the remake over the original

I'm right there with you.

If you are one of those people who wanted a 1:1, nothing they did would ever satisfy you anyways.

I'm all for a reimagined story of RE3 that worked and felt up to date, and on that matter, it seems to me after seing some runs of the game that they delivered.

Just sad that I'm not playing this for at least 6 more days. :(

Top Bottom