• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4, 5, 6 – Announce Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Wait, No Mercy is confirmed for Mercs?

Wbacon just answered on the previous page, that this version will include No Mercy Mode.

Which is fantastic, since that mode is really great fun. I was worried it might not be included since it's the most taxing part of RE6 (shit ton of enemies on screen), but great to have it on board (wonder if it'll include the Left 4 Dead 2 characters and the option to turn on the Tank and Witch from L4D as enemies, though?).

RE6_PC_Merc_NoMercy_004_bmp_jpgcopy.1359131404.jpg

RE6PC_x_L4D2_The_Mini_Tank_03_bmp_jpgcopy.1363398448.jpg

1363379727-re6-x-l4d2-the-witch-02.jpg

original.jpg

Jawmuncher

I know, I know. ;-)
It's a bit more complicated for this game due to a) this being a value-focused title, and b) there's actually tons of things to sort out on the licensing front, particularly as it relates to SAG and use of voice actors on a 'new' platform. Valve I'm sure will be happy to lend any of their own assets, but there's just more hoops to jump through (and likely associated costs) on VA that makes it a bit more challenging.

That's understandable. I wasn't really complaining. Since that stuff would take more work and maybe even up the price due to royalties.

RSB

Banned
For the lack of a better word, sorry for the lack of update.

The game is finished and will be out on both PS4 and XB1 on March 29th as scheduled.

The reason you may not hear much in terms of messaging and marketing activities specific to this game is because, well, it's a re-release of a fairly recent game from the previous generation, and it's also part of the 20th Anniverrsary celebration. We have more RE games coming out this year And RE6 is just a part of that marketing campaign.

If you've played or seen the PC version, you'll know what to expect in terms of visual fidelity and performance.

While I haven't done any scientific comparison, it seems to be on par with PC version running at 1080p/60 on both consoles. It runs great on both consoles. You can say I'm drinking my own cool aid, but I've been having way too much fun (and getting my butt handed to me since I'm playing in 'No Hope' difficulty...) over the weekend.

As previously announced, the game comes with all previously released DLCs including character costumes, multiplayer modes, and extra maps. There is nothing else to purchase. It's all baked into the base game.
Yes, the game includes The Mercenaries: No Mercy mode.
Awesome. Day 1

Neiteio

Wbacon just answered on the previous page, that this version will include No Mercy Mode.

Which is fantastic, since that mode is really great fun. I was worried it might not be included since it's the most taxing part of RE6 (shit ton of enemies on screen), but great to have it on board (wonder if it'll include the Left 4 Dead 2 characters and the option to turn on the Tank and Witch from L4D as enemies, though?).

RE6_PC_Merc_NoMercy_004_bmp_jpgcopy.1359131404.jpg

RE6PC_x_L4D2_The_Mini_Tank_03_bmp_jpgcopy.1363398448.jpg

1363379727-re6-x-l4d2-the-witch-02.jpg

original.jpg
I thought he said No Hope, which I thought was a difficulty level in the campaign?

Dusk Golem

I thought he said No Hope, which I thought was a difficulty level in the campaign?

He later confirmed No Mercy down the page a bit;

Yes, the game includes The Mercenaries: No Mercy mode.

Which is great news, that mode is an absolute blast and one of my favorite side modes in any RE game ever. RE6's combat mechanics come into play a lot in it, as well as it's a fun being overwhelmed challenge and managing large groups of enemies and multiple tough enemies.

wbacon

Capcom USA
Later he confirmed No Mercy as well.

"No Hope" is the hardest difficulty level in RE6 Campaign Mode. It's one difficulty above Professional. NH difficulty is included and unlocked from the very beginning.

"No Mercy" is a variant of the Mercenaries Mode, a.k.a. score/time attack mode ala Horde Mode in a closed off level, but with more enemies on screen at the same time. This mode was previously only available for the PC. Now it's available on the consoles as well.

Dusk Golem

"No Hope" is the hardest difficulty level in RE6 Campaign Mode. It's one difficulty above Professional. NH difficulty is included and unlocked from the very beginning.

"No Mercy" is a variant of the Mercenaries Mode, a.k.a. score/time attack mode ala Horde Mode in a closed off level, but with more enemies on screen at the same time. This mode was previously only available for the PC. Now it's available on the consoles as well.

Curious question, I can include why it wouldn't, but would you be aware if the L4D characters/enemies will be in the console version? They're not a big deal if in or not (I'm just happy this version is including No Mercy), but curious.

Neiteio

Fantastic! Sounds like this will truly be the definitive edition of RE6.

Now tell us everything you know about RE7. Don't worry, we won't tell your boss!

Sakujou

Banned
how many times was RE4 REREleased?

gc
ps2
pc
wii
xbox360
pc-hd-version
(every version was sort of different, or had some added features or was bad)

and now a version for the newest consoles.

capcom knows how to cash in again with old titles.

Dusk Golem

how many times was RE4 REREleased?

gc
ps2
pc
wii
xbox360
pc-hd-version
(every version was sort of different, or had some added features or was bad)

and now a version for the newest consoles.

capcom knows how to cash in again with old titles.

Mobile as well, and recently the Wii version was ported to the WiiU. And the Xbox 360 version was also on PS3.

RE4 is a game I and I think most are fine with them re-releasing on all platforms, however. And I assume this port will be of the Ultimate HD Edition of RE4, which will be nice for those not on PC to experience.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Mobile as well, and recently the Wii version was ported to the WiiU.

RE4 is a game I and I think most are fine with them re-releasing on all platforms, however. And I assume this port will be of the Ultimate HD Edition of RE4, which will be nice for those not on PC to experience.
Wasn't the PS3 port based on the PC version, with all the additional stuff aka Separate Ways, etc?

Dusk Golem

Wasn't the PS3 port based on the PC version, with all the additional stuff aka Separate Ways, etc?

Opposite actually. The Ultimate HD Edition was based off of the PS3 version, but they did more than just port it. Firstly, they got what had previously been exclusive to Gamecube/Wii effects to turn on for the Ultimate HD Edition (this would be GFX effects for lighting, rain, water, etc., which was missing previously from all versions but the Gamecube/Wii versions that are back in the PC Ultimate Version). The Ultimate HD version is the first version to be able to run at 60fps, which feels a lot weirder in motion at first than you might expect if you're used to RE4, but is an interesting change. And then they did some slight updated texture work, you can turn on or off in the Ultimate HD version.

Having RE4 at a higher res, with the effects previously exclusively to the Gamecube/Wii version, and running at 60fps would be nice for those who don't have gaming PC set-ups. They're minor things, but do add to the overall experience.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Man, I was going to wait on 6 (sorry, 6gaf), but I think I'm going to have to jump for No Mercy

wabjc

Neo Member
I'm not sure if anyone else was worried that Canada wouldn't get a physical release but I just pre ordered it at EB games. 25 bucks, which is nice because I figured it would be 30

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I want to be excited for RE7, but I don't want another full-on TPS action game. I'd be happy with something along the lines of RE5 with the co-op removed.

Resident Evil 7 first. It should be MUCH further along than RE2 REmake.

I think people tend to forget that they only started it in the middle of last year. We won't see it till late 2017 at the earliest IMO. It could be 2018 if they make it a 3rd person game.

I kinda want to get RE6 just for the Mercenaries mode but is there anything in Mercs you have to unlock via the campaign? I don't want to play the story mode again, just Mercs.

Anung

Un Rama
I think I'm just going to import an American copy from play-asia. I prefer psychical copies and its cheap enough on there.

I reckon down the line Europe will get another Resi collection after they are all out but I can't be bothered waiting so I'll just import them as they release.

I'm importing Resident Evil 6, the entire 4, 5 and 6 set will look fantastic boxed on PS4. Shame the PAL regions aren't getting retail releases.

Nemesis_

I only played Resident Evil 6 once when it came out but I spent a lot of time with it.

But I can't remember one thing - which modes allowed more than two players to play?

Jawmuncher

I only played Resident Evil 6 once when it came out but I spent a lot of time with it.

But I can't remember one thing - which modes allowed more than two players to play?

Certain campaign missions let you play with 4 people.

Agent hunt I believe could allow for multiple players as well. Though I never found specifics on how many. Though 2 coop and agent hunt on was possible.

Then lastly all of the MP DLC aside from onslaught was made for 2 or more players.

Jawmuncher

I'm still betting on Jake being in RE7. They were really building him up and it would be odd if they just completely dropped him.

Top Bottom