• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 5 Demo up on US Marketplace.

Gold members only. About 450 Megs in size. Two scenarios are playable,contains both on and offline co-op.

GT:Sebby F Baby

Let's play.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Volcynika said:
I think it's the 2nd. Well, I hope it's the 2nd.
I hope so too.

Awesome.. I love clicking on the link and having it download when I get home. So many times in the past I just forgot about downloads that I heard about at work..

Can not wait to check out the demo.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Is anyone else unable to get into a coop game? It simply won't work for me right now. A partner coop game.

Beaulieu

This demo just took my hype and killed it violently with a heavy weight hammer. Wow... I dont know if it's because I'm playing Dead Space right now, but these controls are a pain in the ass. This is so slow and boring.

Also, the first map of the demo is pretty stupid... "run till you are on the bus and kill everyone with your knife". Is that gameplay ?

Inventory management is also pretty stupid.
I realize everything Im bashing can be countered by saying "thats how RE always have been", but maybe it's time to make it.... fun ?

Y2Kev said:
Is anyone else unable to get into a coop game? It simply won't work for me right now. A partner coop game.

Worked for me, me and a coworker played all lunch break on 2 xbox connected on Live.

USD

TouchMyBox said:
Is this the same thing we've already played?
Yes.
Y2Kev said:
I've had issues where 1) it takes for ever to connect and 2) getting disconnecting right after loading. I've never had any issues with hosting games though, only when joining.

Daigoro

Beaulieu said:
This demo just took my hype and killed it violently with a heavy weight hammer. Wow... I dont know if it's because I'm playing Dead Space right now, but these controls are a pain in the ass. This is so slow and boring.

thats RE for ya. :p

i dont know what people are expecting here. something revolutionary? we all know its RE4 HD with some tweaks for crying out loud. and its fucking beautifull.

and judging by demos alone, this shits all over Dead Space. (i know you were compairing the RE demo, to the full Dead Space game...)

its got me sold, anyways. and i wanted to like DS, but the demo made sure im putting off buying it until it hits the bargain bins.

Beaulieu

Daigoro said:
thats RE for ya. :p

i dont know what people are expecting here. something revolutionary? we all know its RE4 HD with some tweaks for crying out loud. and its fucking beautifull.

Way to ignore my whole post... It's easy not to read huh ? :lol

and judging by demos alone, this shits all over Dead Space. (i know you were compairing the RE demo, to the full Dead Space game...)

I havent played Dead Space demo, only full game, and damn... it's like comparing fine wine to garbage juice.

Anyways, im not gonna start to argue with you because I know it's impossible for someone that argues with logic to agree with someone that has an emotional bond to a videogame or a franchise.

Beaulieu said:

Also, the first map of the demo is pretty stupid... "run till you are on the bus and kill everyone with your knife". Is that gameplay ?
Inventory management is also pretty stupid.
I realize everything Im bashing can be countered by saying "thats how RE always have been", but maybe it's time to make it.... fun ?

Worked for me, me and a coworker played all lunch break on 2 xbox connected on Live.

I dont remember RE4 being like that. I mean it was always an option but never really abusable everytime.

just picked up a Jasper 360 arcade, I have to wait until my ebayed 60 gig HD gets here. :(
Looking forward to all the thoughts.

Dartastic

I just played through both scenarios. I was kinda disappointed. I don't even know how to place my disappointment either, I just... didn't love it like I expected to. Maybe it's because I played it in single player? Hrm. The chainsaw enemy wasn't intimidating at ALL (he could literally walk right up to you and stand there for a second or two) and the normal enemies gave you way too much time to take them out. It's really odd. I'll have to play some more, in coop.

Daigoro

Beaulieu said:
Way to ignore my whole post... It's easy not to read huh ? :lol

i read it. hence the ":p". i was joking. nice insult, but try reading inbetween the lines next time. not easy, i know...

you said maybe it was time to make the game "fun"! its the same shit as RE4. plenty of people foud that game fun. if you didnt, i dont know what you were expecting with RE5.

what were you expecting? the argument still stands. you know this.

I havent played Dead Space demo, only full game, and damn... it's like comparing fine wine to garbage juice.

Anyways, im not gonna start to argue with you because I know it's impossible for someone that argues with logic to agree with someone that has an emotional bond to a videogame or a franchise.

yes i realize youre judging a demo against a full game. way to go.

so what if i have an emotional bond to the franchise. yes, i enjoy it. but you dont really have a point besides: its not fun!

thats not a point, its an opinion. what logic am i missing?

Daigoro said:
i read it. hence the ":p". i was joking. nice insult, but try reading inbetween the lines next time. not easy, i know...

you said maybe it was time to make the game "fun"! its the same shit as RE4. plenty of people foud that game fun. if you didnt, i dont know what you were expecting with RE5.

what were you expecting? the argument still stands. you know this.

So lets not expect games to improve over time? atleast to meet established control standards? are you one of those "MGS does not need a better camera dudes" ?

Daigoro

Kabuki Waq said:
So lets not expect games to improve over time? atleast to meet established control standards? are you one of those "MGS does not need a better camera dudes" ?

i havent played MGS since the 3: SE. that improved camera was good i thought. better than the original in 3.

and who says RE5 isnt an improvement over 4? we havent played it yet. but im not suprised that they stuck with the forumla from RE4. is anyone? it was a very well received game.

ashism

ChrisGoldstein said:
just saw RE Degeneration last night so I'm definitely in the mood
God, that movie left the worst taste in my mouth. Still excited none the less, but it's definitely not the movie that is hyping me.

USD

I've played this demo so much I'm going to be sick of the full game when it finally comes out. I should stop.

NIN90

Kabuki Waq said:

I hate that "controls have to evolve over time" shit.
RE4 was yesterday fun and it's now fun.
The controls are there to bring the tension.
Dead Rising has more "convenient" controls (except gun controls) and you get the tension from the scoops, not the combat. This just wouldn't work for RE.
And I STILL don't get the hate for the controls. It's like you guys can't adjust to fucking simple control scheme now, but you could a few years ago.
Sometimes I think it's non-Gaming Age Forums.

bryehn

Apparently I don't like the controls at all judging from that demo. I don't like the hybrid tank/shooter controls, I'd prefer them to be one way or the other. If they're going to go the shooter route, they really should allow moving and aiming. Even if the accuracy drops a ton, it'd be far less frustrating.

Truth be told, I still prefer the old-style RE2-3 gameplay/controls. I really miss those games.

Top Bottom