• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6: Bro-Splosion Announced, Nov 20 PS3/360, PC Later, PR/Trailer In OP

Curufinwe

That part was made stupid hard if you had an actual co-op partner. One case where the AI actually is really helpful.

Professional in general was my biggest gripe in RE5. It was built around the fact that your inventory was always constantly with you, and was made as if you already had maxed everything and had infinite ammo.

The AI is actually also very good in the Jill fight on Professional at the end of 5-3. After the idiot co-op partner (who didn't even have infinite ammo) I was stuck with last night quit, I was able to use the grenade launcher with flash grenades to stun Jill over and over. And when I restrained her from behind, AI Sheva never missed the amulet.

But in general, the way AI Sheva so often stands next to you and lets you die even though you gave her an inventory full of first aid sprays is maddening, and incredibly poor programming on Capcom's part. If you're in dying status and AI Sheva is next to you with health items available, she should heal you instantly every time.

So uh, random question.

I am going to play through the first three RE games. Are there big enough differences between the PS1 versions of RE1-3 and the DC/GCN versions where I would need to play all versions to get the most out of them? I want to play the PS1 versions because those were the originals, but I basically want to know if the DC/GCN ones are even worth it if I've played the original versions.

Play REmake on the GC on Wii.

Aside from "destroying the feeling of isolation",the ai partnerwas always a liability.You need to cover her, or feed her items, it was a layer of complexity that just didn't feel fun.

For RE6, I would not mind if the partners were more like the ones in Uncharted.Invincibe, with their own supplies (typically infinite), and usually mind their own business. They're there for story and witty comebacks , and their actions are totally scripted, and have no semblence of Re5's "hmm maybe running into this monster is a good plan" BS.

I hate the remixed soundtrack in DS edition. It's terrible. :/ How could they butcher the original OST (which was perfect) is beyond me.

IIRC both DC and PC version have two new costumes for Jill (nothing special though); also, in both those versions all costumes are unlocked from the start whereas in PS1 version you have to collect them.

"Remix" implies the tracks were at least inspired my the original ost. Let's not pretend they did anything but mash the keyboard for ds' ost.

REmake's ost now...mmmhhh, pure gothic ambience.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
There is a lot of Resident Evil coming out this years.I guess it remains to be seen if that's a good thing.lol

2010 only had RE5 Gold Edition.

2011 had a good number: Mercenaries 3DS, RE4 HD, REC:VX HD.

2012 has a lot: RE:ORC, RE:R, RE6, REDC and REUC HD.

So who else pulled out the gamecube to play some RE1 and RE0?

Im currently playing as jill in RE1. Im up to the part where she listens in on wesker brainwashing barry. The atmosphere is so good in old style RE's. The gameplay still holds up. I don't know why people say it wouldn't sell as much as this current action BS type RE. The millions of fans who loved that gameplay style will fall right back into it.

Like im doing right now.

So, yeah...

E3 is right around the corner, with less than a month left before all the craziness commences. With that, there’s bound to be a load of Resident Evil 6 content to digest as we continue to push through towards its release on October 2nd. One of the main focal points for Capcom at E3 relating to this highly anticipated sequel will be Jake and Sherry’s campaign, which will play drastically different than Leon’s more traditional adventure and Chris’s action-packed one.

Described as a “melee fighter” in the latest issue of UK publication, PSM, Jake and Sherry will employ moves that channel their super-human capabilities. They’re near invincible and are able to regenerate as well. So will they be able to even die? I’m sure you’ll still be able to see “you are dead” screens when playing their campaign but the gameplay in general will be much more focused on melee attacks as opposed to pure gunplay. And as we all know, Jake’s blood is the key to putting an end to the C-Virus which has the world in total fear. So Sherry is going to be protecting his globally saturated ass on their quest to China.

Expect a full reveal of this campaign’s gameplay mechanics at E3 next month. I’ll be there and as I’ve told all my friends, they’re going to need a horde of security guards to drag me out of Capcom’s booth!

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-...gn-is-a-melee-fighter-will-be-revealed-at-e3/

Not going to judge until I've seen it on motion.

.la1n

Didn't the game start out development with just the Leon campaign in mind? Perhaps that is the strategy they should have stuck with...

Didn't the game start out development with just the Leon campaign in mind? Perhaps that is the strategy they should have stuck with...

Leon as the only playable character would be for the best. But I hope they show a lot of gameplay of the other characters at E3.

Beth Cyra

Where did this come from? As it is, they have pushed the Chris meets Leon really hard in pretty much all the press.

Granted I could see the Jake part being added later, but Chris seems very much like something that was there very early on.

fernoca

Is it true that this will have 6 player co-op,
or did I get misinformed?
Yep....misinformed. :p
Game's divided 3 ways:
-Chris + Piers
-Leon + Helena
-Jake + Sherry
Each of those can be played by 2 people cooperatively.

So I guess the confusion is there. There are 6 characters (at the moment) and those can be played co-op with other players. But you only play 2 characters at the same time..not 6.
Think of it like Resident Evil were in the main game you played as Chris + Sheva mostly, but then the DLC you played as Chris + Jill and Jill +Josh.

There's going to be a separate/Mercenaries mode; but no details at the moment.

Psxphile

Game's divided 3 ways:
-Chris + Piers
-Leon + Helena
-Jake + Sherry

So I guess the confusion is there. There are 6 characters (at the moment) and those can be played co-op with other players. But you only play 2 characters at the same time..not 6.
Think of it like Resident Evil were in the main game you played as Chris + Sheva mostly, but then the DLC you played as Chris + Jill and Jill +Josh.

Also playable Ada was teased, wasn't it? Or some kind of scenario involving her anyway.

MutFox

Banned
Game's divided 3 ways:
-Chris + Piers
-Leon + Helena
-Jake + Sherry

That's what I thought, but was told I was wrong...
Still hoping that with the PC version someone will mod it for more players. :p
A vs mode could be pretty fun, given the types of gameplay.

.la1n

Where did this come from? As it is, they have pushed the Chris meets Leon really hard in pretty much all the press.

Granted I could see the Jake part being added later, but Chris seems very much like something that was there very early on.

I do not want to state this as fact unless I can locate a source but if I remember correctly during an interview (possibly Captivate 2012) the producer spoke about how the game had been focused on the Leon campaign until the rest of the team expressed interest in the multiple storyline approach.

Beth Cyra

I do not want to state this as fact unless I can locate a source but if I remember correctly during an interview (possibly Captivate 2012) the producer spoke about how the game had been focused on the Leon campaign until the rest of the team expressed interest in the multiple storyline approach.

Yes but how early was that?

It's clear that Leon is the MC with Chris and Jake playing support this time but depending on how early it was, not to mention Action has proved to do well for them even if Chris and Jake wasn't around it certainly wouldn't mean Leon wouldn't have ended with a Chris like segment.

Davey Cakes

After Revelations I've certainly had my fill of Jill. And Chris, honestly, but I guess we couldn't avoid seeing him in RE6. As for Jill, I'd be satisfied with a quick cameo. It's time to put other characters into the spotlight, and I'm still holding out for the possibility of a Claire appearance.

Mr_Zombie

After Revelations I've certainly had my fill of Jill.

But I want a high-budget Julia Voth's Jill, not some crappy replacement :(

It's time to put other characters into the spotlight, and I'm still holding out for the possibility of a Claire appearance.
At least Claire was in both DSC and the latest movie.
Think about Rebecca's fans.

Top Bottom