• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6: Bro-Splosion Announced, Nov 20 PS3/360, PC Later, PR/Trailer In OP

Beth Cyra

What would ever give you that idea... >_>

If Capcom really wanted to be bold, they should kill off Leon, the supposed "most popular" character. The meltdowns would never end.

I personally wouldn't wish for anyone to die, unless the story truly calls for it. Killing off characters just so they can have an "epic" scene or raise the stakes is just cheap storytelling IMO. (And more than likely, it wouldn't stick. Video games and comic books are very similar in that fashion.)

If it actually adds to the story, and the characters' death can be used effectively then they should go for it.
(With Leon...)
But it's easy to say we should bump off character X, Y, or Z now, but dealing with the after math of losing such iconic characters is something else entirely.

Well of course I would want it to carry weight and have it have real effects on the world and the characters with in.

I would never wish for Chris to die (I love Chris) if all they where goin to do is write it off or bring him back.

whoever the main villain is in this one better get some serious villainous shit done instead just being all talk like Wesker in RE5. Good villains make good games.

whoever the main villain is in this one better get some serious villainous shit done instead just being all talk like Wesker in RE5. Good villains make good games.

This. Excella was a wasted potential. She and TriCell wouldve been great antagonists to pass the baton too after RE5.

Well of course I would want it to carry weight and have it have real effects on the world and the characters with in.

I would never wish for Chris to die (I love Chris) if all they where goin to do is write it off or bring him back.

But I think we, as players, have been with the "core 4" for too long. People are far too attached to the characters now, and have been through too many experiences with them for Capcom to just write them off. Given the fact that the consumers actually control the character, it gives added weight to any time players spend with them.

Killing off any of them would result in endless requests for the character(s) to be brought back. And eventually, Capcom would cave.

Seik

Banned
Even if IGN says that this blonde girl is Sherry. I'm sure it's Ashley from RE4.

First time I was watching the trailer, I clicked the moment I heard her voice, I was like ''Oh, Ashley is there too...nice.''. But then this whole IGN thing got me confused...

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
*watches trailer*

hype hype hype hype

Genuinely curious now. I hope it brings back the magic I felt from RE4. RE5 was okay, but not as orgasmic as 4 was.

RE7 should be all new, new story, new characters, new setting just so we can end this "BUT WHERE IS MAI CLAIRE" or whatever.
Eh, just plug Billy, Barry, Rebecca and Claire. Nobody except Capcom's fans will even know who they are by RE7's announcement.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Excuse me but I have a question for you...
Why I can't create a thread in this forum please?? :(

c'mon son
BWYZx.png

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
About the coop info leaked: let's say that, if the game is really action-oriented, well the coop (split screen and online) for the main story is probably good. the coop 6-8 player I think will be related just to additional modes, such as Mercenaries or Raid.
The main problem in my opinion is that I liked the idea to split action and horror between different entries in the series: Mercenaries VS Revelations and, I thought, Operation Raccoon VS RE6.
SO, if also the main episode will be coop-oriented, I fear about the horror feeling that, in my opinion, the trailer was able to communicate.

Mr_Zombie

Eh, just plug Billy, Barry, Rebecca and Claire. Nobody except Capcom's fans will even know who they are by RE7's announcement.

Especially if RE7 is set even further in time. If RE6 takes place 13 years after Raccoon City, she's now 31, Billy is 39 and Barry is 53yo. All of them would look differently.

Shapingo

I hope RE7 has an all female cast.

Jill, Claire, Ada & Sheva are at a beach resort (playing volleyball) and a zombie outbreak occurs. Yeah I know it is like DOA beach volleyball and Dead Island; It would be for fanservice to have bikinis.

Seriously though, why is Jill missing if she is reunited with Chris during the events of RE5?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I hope RE7 has an all female cast.

Jill, Claire, Ada & Sheva are at a beach resort (playing volleyball) and a zombie outbreak occurs. Yeah I know it is like DOA beach volleyball and Dead Island; It would be for fanservice to have bikinis.

Seriously though, why is Jill missing if she is reunited with Chris during the events of RE5?

She's her own woman. She's not Chris' arm candy. She's got her own zombies to beat up elsewhere.

About the coop info leaked: let's say that, if the game is really action-oriented, well the coop (split screen and online) for the main story is probably good. the coop 6-8 player I think will be related just to additional modes, such as Mercenaries or Raid.
The main problem in my opinion is that I liked the idea to split action and horror between different entries in the series: Mercenaries VS Revelations and, I thought, Operation Raccoon VS RE6.
SO, if also the main episode will be coop-oriented, I fear about the horror feeling that, in my opinion, the trailer was able to communicate.

The game will have that "horror feel". The game won't be scary. Not because of the co-op, though. It won't be scary because it's Resident Evil, which is only scary when a) things jump out of windows, or b) when things take forever to kill, but can kill you in 2 hits. As far as fear goes, that's pretty much all RE has going for it, and always has.

Doesn't mean I'm dissing RE. I love the series. I've just come to terms with how scary the series isn't.

This is confirmed?
There is conflicting information, the PR says this game takes place 10 years after the Raccoon City Incident which would make RE6 before RE5, but the same PR also says it takes place in 2013 which would be after RE5. It makes way more sense for this game to be after RE5.

Especially if RE7 is set even further in time. If RE6 takes place 13 years after Raccoon City, she's now 31, Billy is 39 and Barry is 53yo. All of them would look differently.
Barry should be the Sully of Resident Evil. Capcom doesn't know what they are missing...

Takin' names and makin' guns.

daakusedo

That's so good to have a city, well it seems many, infested with zombies again with new re mechanics.
It looks like a mix of the ideas of past games shaken up and feel pretty ambitious.

xHAASx

Banned
RE6 brings out the impression of being vigorous, energetic and full of action. Not certain whether or not that is desirable, though.

RE6 brings out the impression of being vigorous, energetic and full of action. Not certain whether or not that is desirable, though.

I'm hoping the different campaigns are distinct. One be more survival horror, one be more action oriented and then have one that is a mix of the two.

The trailer has me excited, I look forward to seeing more of this. RE5 let me down a little but I still enjoyed it as a game.

xHAASx

Banned
I'm hoping the different campaigns are distinct. One be more survival horror, one be more action oriented and then have one that is a mix of the two.

The trailer has me excited, I look forward to seeing more of this. RE5 let me down a little but I still enjoyed it as a game.

RE5 was, in most situations, a delightful and compatible escapade, but was also affected by hideous controls.

kunonabi

I have decided I'll play co-op with my brother since he will buy the game purely for Chris and having the director of Outbreak is gigantic plus in my book. The Chris and generic western HD video game hero #9873638728283736663 don't look anything like I'd have expected to see from him but I'm willing to give it a shot because of how much I loved Outbreak.

Still bothers me that Chris learned to type.

Leon's new look doesn't bother me that much. It's better than his Korean look in Degeneration at the very least. I'm not looking forward to more shitty "banter" with Hunnigan though.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Why would you want to kill Chris off?! What the hell... Dude. Yeah somebody need to die, but it has to do with a pre-established love story, or else it the person won't go out with a bang.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Nothing big but a nice tidbit from the RE FB page:

‎"Tall Oaks" is the site of a new outbreak in Resident Evil 6. 90% of the population are infected - that's 70,000 zombies in for a bad time... Excited?

Top Bottom