• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6: Bro-Splosion Announced, Nov 20 PS3/360, PC Later, PR/Trailer In OP

There is just one thing I request from this game, just one single thing: When I hold the left trigger to aim I want to be able to walk slowly in any direction I choose. Even if walking makes the laser sight bounce a little, its okay. I just can't be a rock while shooting.

Sylver

Banned
Nice Gears LEFT4 Infamous Evil 6. The first part of that trailer (CG) was great, an open city thing look awesome... but I don't like that action game concept with neverending fast zombies to beat. :S Day one as Resident Evil fan but, let's see how that evolve...

Raziel

the game depicted in the trailer is pretty much the worst thing RE6 could have been ( same style as 4 & 5 and turned up to 11). oh well.

I can't believe its coming out in November.
watching the trailer, i cant believe it didnt come out last november.

i guess they didnt start development till 2010.

iMs5SvhVMfeMl.gif

Boom! Axe to the head

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
"Its all that bitches fault" -Leon

"Its all my fault; I did this..." - Ashley (?)

Goddammit Ashley, always causing Zombie outbreaks and the like. Leon and Chris will probably confront each other over this (before they inevitably team up for the endgame).

def sim

I thought RE5 was fun. It's definitely a co-op game first, single second so we played it like that and it was great. If 6 is the same I won't mind too much.

Maxrunner

meh i like when its mostly creepy horror stuff. the 3ds version seems more like that but im not sure either on that one...need to try de demo....but this looks too much like re5....:S

Fantastical

Death Prophet
First girl with Leon is definitely not Ashley

No, that's another girl. Ashley is with the "MY BLOOD WILL SAVE YOU ALL FOR A PRICE" dude.

meh i like when its mostly creepy horror stuff. the 3ds version seems more like that but im not sure either on that one...need to try de demo....but this looks too much like re5....:S

If you have a 3DS definitely try the demo. After finishing it on Normal difficulty "Hell" difficulty opens up. It's pretty great.

It's ironic cause a couple of minutes ago, the next RE Movie trailer was released and nobody gave a damn. Best believe there will be some marketing tie in between RE 6 and RE flick.

Haunted

I'm not really getting the Gears comparisons, the cover and action bits look much faster paced and over the top than the measured stop n pop peeking gameplay of Gears.

To be honest, it looks closer to a game like Vanquish in those parts.

ctrayne

Looks fun. I am a RE virgin and only know bits and pieces of the lore, but this looks fun, even if it is a departure from the usual RE feel.

Fuck all of you guys. This game is directed by the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure guy. He made the best fighting game of all time. This is going to be the best Resident Evil, whether you like it or not.

One thing that surprised me: digging the new character. Always wanted to play as a Wesker-type. Wonder how they'll explain that away, I know the fiction is already broken but retconning another Progenitor into existence is perhaps too far :lol

Arklite

Some people here make it like RE character has to be only tank walking with no single ability to fight like normal soldier.

I mean, seriously? I'm RE fan since the first PS game and still a fan after RE4. The character here just do something they should be able to do since the first day of joining STARS.

Yeah, very true. S.T.A.R.S. was actually a highly trained team full of military or ex-military personnel. Actually, they were pretty much an overkill counter measure team for a city as secluded as Raccoon City. It never really made sense why Raccoon City would need such a specialized force other than Wesker's "testing" plans.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This...is not Resident Evil. It feels more like a tie-in with the Paul WS Anderson movies. I'll remain curious because it has Leon in it (whose voice seems to have changed for the worse) but I expect it to be a million miles away from Mikami's vision for the franchise.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
"Its all that bitches fault" -Leon

"Its all my fault; I did this..." - Ashley (?)

Goddammit Ashley, always causing Zombie outbreaks and the like. Leon and Chris will probably confront each other over this (before they inevitably team up for the endgame).

Ada is already confirmed to be in the game. Ada. Ada. Ada.

I don't know what to make of this. On one hand, the trailer was really well done, but it seems even more over the top than RE5. The Leon sections looked pretty neat though.

Haunted

It's good that they've already confirmed the PC version, even if I'm a bit bummed that it comes out later again.

How much later did the PC version of RE 5 come out?

I'll definitely want to play this in full fidelity.

the game depicted in the trailer is pretty much the worst thing RE6 could have been ( same style as 4 & 5 and turned up to 11). oh well.
Yeah... no. Anyone who actually thinks this a worse direction than going back to Resident Evil 1 tank controls, mansion exploration, etc is super imposing their personal opinion.

I think it looks awesome. It's almost exactly how I imagined future Resident Evil games would look like when I first played through RE2.

I think the Leon section looked the most interesting though. I kind of wish the whole game was just focused on his scenario instead of three separate scenarios.

Leon part looked super awesome. And Chris part looked like RE5. Best of both worlds?

Really got hyped about this. Aww yeah.

And apparently the virus now turns half of the chinese population WHITE! Scary!

scarybore

Awww yeah, Hunnigan! Wish the game was back to a female protagonist, Chris has always been dull as dish water and while Leon upped his game with RE4 after being a bit of a pussy in RE2, it would be nice to have a change.

Either way the game has zombies, that's promising in itself.

The trailer looked amazing, espescially the lightning. I am going to pick up the PC version as long as it releases within a two month window of the console version. It seems like Capcom has achieved a good mixture of horror and action. Some horror for the longtime fans of the series, as well has a more action oriented part to ensure mass appeal. Hopefully they will also bring back Mercenaries. RE5's Mercenaries was a big step up compared to RE4, and I spent far more time with it than I did with the main campaign.

Looked pretty meh.

The Leon parts didn't really look like survival horror. Looked like it was just like 5 in that it just throws a bunch of enemies. Trailer didn't even attempt to make it seem like it would be either. Didn't make any attempt to make it some atmospheric.

Chris parts looked straight up like Gears and now he has even more incredible agility. How can it be survival horror if my character is a superhero? The other dude just looked ridiculous.

I don't like the structure, I just want 1 character traversing 1 part of the world and of course it looks like co-op is here to stay.

I'm sure it will be fun, but it also looked pretty mindless like RE5, which was fun but nowhere near as good as 4.

And that girl didn't sound anything like Ashley. Is this just like the GTAV trailer thread? Oh no a character that has similar features to another character, it must be that character!!!

Ezalc

Because they are the best characters in RE, and everyone knows it. I wouldn't mind some Barry, but he's a coward.

No, Leon and Ada are the best characters with everybody else following after and Chris being at the absolute bottom.

Looks terrible. RE5 was bad enough. Disappointed. Looks like MGS Rising, with zombies and leather jackets.
You got something against awesome leather jackets?

Top Bottom