• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6: Bro-Splosion Announced, Nov 20 PS3/360, PC Later, PR/Trailer In OP

Dacon

Banned
RE4 was one of the main references of Gears of War.
And these things appeared in other places before. Satellite laser beam references was from the manga Akira, in case you don't know it.

Yes it was, that doesn't change what I said.

The beginning of the trailer had me hyped. Slow, dark atmosphere, and zombies. Then it turned into the fucking expendables.

My god, how hard is it to make the gameplay style like past resident evils? Thats what made the franchise fucking take off to success. Thats what everyone wants. Stop trying to impress the " western market". Fuck us, do what you always have been doing. Nobody complained then so why change? Huh? Why fucking change? Im tired of these japanese developers thinking they have to change their usual development style to accommodate something that doesn't exist. How the hell did you sell millions of RE's in past generations? I didn't see any western catering back then. The games sold because you had a vision, you stuck to it, and we bought the motherfucking shit out of it.

Yoshiki Okamoto....Shinji Mikami. Please return to capcom, or take back the RE series, and show these people how to make a real RE game.

Fuck capcom and square enix for destroying my favorite franchises.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I'm 30 years old, and I'm very excited for RE6, but hey, why should that get in the way of your fantastic rant about how the world is passing you by?

36 here. Cosigned.

StuBurns

Banned
That's nice. What does that have to do with anything I said?

Yeah, "kind of ridiculous". I'm almost convinced NeoGAF, for the majority, consists of kids who grew up on streamlined accessible crap. I don't care what you've played.

Ask any RE fan how Resident Evil started out for all of the games above and you'll get a description that is so fucking far away from what they're doing to the series now.
Firstly, you have no idea what RE6 is like. It could be ten percent action, ninety percent puzzle solving, so any claim you make about it's progression from RE5 is both baseless, and embarrassing.

And I disagree with your separation of the games anyway. The first game, and it's remake were very 'survival horror', 2 and 3 were less so, but 4 is the huge leap to being an action game, 5 picked up where that left off. Everyone knows what the first game was, that doesn't make this game any less Resident Evil. The series has slowly moved in a pretty clear path, if you don't like that, that's fine, but to pretend RE4 didn't plant the seeds for the direction the series has gone in since is, as I said, kind of ridiculous.

Who gives a flying fuck if Gears was inspired by RE4. That doesn't mean third-person cover shooting was the one and only direction the series could go.

Seriously, that's some grade-A retard logic.

Also can we please stop with the elitist dudebro crap?

Just because you don't like a certain type of game doesn't mean it's automatically bad.

Seriously, it's like because people play certain types of games they are beneath you. For a while I get it was a joke of sorts but I seriously think some of you truly believe it.

You don't like it and that's fine but no need to put down those that do like it by calling them kids and shit.

Grow up.

That's nice. What does that have to do with anything I said?

Resident Evil 1 > survival horror

Resident Evil 2 > survival horror

Resident Evil 3 > survival horror

Resident Evil 0 > survival horror

Resident Evil 1 remake > still survival horror

Resident Evil CV > survival horror

Resident Evil 4 > less survival horror

*Magic time where the 360 becomes overly popular with immature brat kids*

Resident Evil 5 > derp console shooter, traces of survival horror, no puzzles

Resident Evil Racoon City > straight derp console shooter

Resident Evil 6 > Jesus fucking christ

Yeah, "kind of ridiculous". I'm almost convinced NeoGAF, for the majority, consists of kids who grew up on streamlined accessible crap. I don't care what you've played.

Ask any RE fan how Resident Evil started out for all of the games above and you'll get a description that is so fucking far away from what they're doing to the series now.

haven't seen these kinds of meltdowns in a long while.

Xpliskin

HOLY SHIT I THINK IT'S REBECCA

Bear with me for a sec,
Why ?
-She "heals" the guy and is basically a medic for the mercenary
-Check her pants/boot design when they're both in shanghai !

AcGBk.jpg

It's the same as rebecca's. If that's the case she got blonde too.

SamuraiX-

Bf5qN.png

I pretty much had this look on my face during the entirety of the trailer.

Wow. smfh

Capcom is really doing their best to do nothing but troll long time fans of the franchise now.

Looks like a fucking Gear of War/Vanquish/RE5 hybrid wannabe. And the animation looks god awful.

Dacon

Banned
With the scale the story in this game is taking place on, it'd be stupid for Jill,Claire, Rebecca and maybe Barry to not show up in some capacity.

I wonder how Mercenaries is gonna evolve in this game.

As for the current discussion, RE was NEVER really "scary" for me, just brooding and creepy. This looks to have nailed that for me.

Speevy

Banned
How about we put Ashley into a barrel, and have boulder smash guy from the last game put some dents in it?

That's cooperation!

Resident Evil 1 > action game designed around dpad movement with aesthetics based around b horror / b action movies.

Resident Evil 2 > standard capcom sequel (more content, same game mostly)

Resident Evil 3 > standard capcom sequel (more content, same game mostly)

Resident Evil 0 > standard capcom sequel (more content, same game mostly)

Resident Evil 1 remake > capcom remake (more content, same game mostly)

Resident Evil CV > capcom sequel (more content, same game mostly)

Resident Evil 4 > hey maybe we should touch this up a bit (makes best game ever)

*Magic time where the 360 becomes overly popular with immature brat kids*

Resident Evil 5 > capcom sequel (cut short due to trouble with coop probably)

Resident Evil Racoon City > looks kind of bad

Resident Evil 6 > capcom sequel (probably)

my edit sounds more correct to me

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Typical comment from somebody who simply likes a trailer with no argument (or counter argument) to speak of, defending their fondness of mediocrity. Next.

LOL, jesus christ. Grow up dude. It's a video game.

The dudebro stuff is great because it's the best indicator of DON'T LISTEN TO THIS GUY, HE IS DUMB.

It's amazing. I used to have to go through post histories. Now I just need to read a single post.

Thanks guys!

And those saying RE revelations is some haven for "true" RE fans with the atmosphere dont seem to get that crap doesnt come across at all or as well through a tiny 3ds screen with that incredible sound.

it doesn't change the fact that Capcom is still making some Resident Evil games with a horror focus though. maybe you can't be scared by a game on a handheld... that's got nothing to do with the game design.

i love handheld horror personally. playing a scary game with headphones in a darkened room on a handheld rocks.

i'm not even saying Revelations is good, i'm just responding to all the people who seem to think the RE is never going to try to be horror ever again. who are bemoaning the changes 4 and 5 made. who obviously aren't going to like 6, but who also seem to be ignoring Revelations.

Capcom have tried to make a game that will appeal to the old school fans with Revelations. have they succeeded? i don't know... but it shows that they haven't abandoned you all. it shows they haven't completely ignored how you felt about RE5. just because RE6 is aimed at the millions who *liked* 5 doesn't magically make Revelations pop out of existance.

SmithnCo

HOLY SHIT I THINK IT'S REBECCA

Bear with me for a sec,
Why ?
-She "heals" the guy and is basically a medic for the mercenary
-Check her pants/boot design when they're both in shanghai !

http://i.imgur.com/AcGBk.jpg[IMG]

It's the same as rebecca's. If that's the case she got blonde too.[/QUOTE]

Blonde Rebecca would be lame. :(

Hope it's Ashley.

soultron

Banned
While the game certainly looks like it has a budget and a half behind its development, I can only hope CAPCOM will keep their marketing relatively proportional. If they market it right, I can see it being a huge hit no matter what November looks like in terms of competition. Let's just hope Activision doesn't plan on dropping a COD in CAPCOM's face though -- it's still so early in the year to tell who's going to do what.

That said, the trailer looks great. I've only played a handful of RE titles to completion (RE3, RE4) so I feel like the emphasis on story this go around might require me to start playing the game from the start. Should I bother with RE0 or just start from REmake?

Philll

Banned
Firstly, you have no idea what RE6 is like. It could be ten perfect action, ninety percent puzzle solving

Bahahahahahahah!

Oh man, I didn't think I'd crack a smile after this news today. That's great. The only puzzle you'll be solving, my naive friend, is which button to press to start the game.

And those saying RE revelations is some haven for "true" RE fans with the atmosphere dont seem to get that crap doesnt come across at all or as well through a tiny 3ds screen with that incredible sound.

when you focus your attention it doesnt really matter. I got absorbed in Ghost Trick on my DS
and a couple of movies on my phone... revalations wont be a problem on my 3ds

Bumhead

Banned
Typical comment from somebody who simply likes a trailer with no argument (or counter argument) to speak of, defending their fondness of mediocrity. Next.

To be fair, I've been a fan of the Resident Evil series since it began and yet think I'm OK with the direction the series has gone in/is going in.

As far as I'm concerned Resident Evil ceased to be about the horror sometime after Resident Evil 3. That was the last Resident Evil game that I felt scared by in any way, and largely only to do with the nature and design of the Nemesis monster (I'm generally spooked by anything that stalks you). Resident Evil 4 was an immensely amazing game, but it was a huge departure from the original 3 and although it retained some horror, I knew at that point we were done with the format the first three games took. In terms of being ridiculous, there were some part of Code Veronica that annoyed me more than anything else in the series thus far, boulder punching aside maybe.

I actually enjoyed Resident Evil 5. It didn't feel like a Resident Evil game which was disappointing but as an action game I liked it. It's probably one of my most played through games of this generation. As much as I'd love the whole of Resident Evil 6 to be like the Leon section in that trailer, I'm fine with the other two sections as well so long as they're done well.

duckroll

What if the twist is that Rebecca and Ashley are the same person? Her role as a STARS agent was simply a cover she used to go out and have fun behind her father's back. Maybe that's how she got captured in RE4 too!

Philll

Banned
You seriously need to calm down. We're talking about video games. There are far more important things to get this insufferable about.

Sorry, I forgot we were on a forum discussing law, politics, famine etc.

I like video games, I can't help that, so to see almost every single solitary one I like (especially from the late 90s + early 2000s) go down this dumbed down immature path is a pain in the fucking arse.

If you can't relate to that, tough luck.

Giolon

Loved RE1, 2, 4 and 5. Hated 0, didn't play 3 or CV, and won't pay $50 for Revelations.

This trailer didn't do anything for me. I miss Sheva.

Dacon

Banned
I have faith in this game.

Capcom has inquired about fans opinions on the series and they seem to have a legit interest in combining old school RE themes with the current form of RE.

Can't wait for more details.

Ra1den

For people that want survival horror, I think the trailer makes it pretty clear that's going to be Leon's territory. They seem to be trying to please everyone. That may sound like a bad thing, but it is possible to do both styles well in the same game. I just hope the controls for Leon and Chris aren't the same.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Bahahahahahahah!

Oh man, I didn't think I'd crack a smile after this news today. That's great. The only puzzle you'll be solving, my naive friend, is which button to press to start the game.

Oh nice, we have a psychic neogaf poster! :D

Riposte

Bahahahahahahah!

Someone get Capcom to apologize for ruining this man's day.

Pumped for the Leon section. Excites the part of me that loves Resident Evil 1-3/Outbreak.

The rest of the stuff looks more RE5. Ah, I'll deal.

StuBurns

Banned
Bahahahahahahah!

You failed to understand the point, but I expected you would.

Who gives a flying fuck if Gears was inspired by RE4. That doesn't mean third-person cover shooting was the one and only direction the series could go.

Seriously, that's some grade-A retard logic.

I don't think most people here are saying it was the one and only direction the series could go. They're saying it's the one Capcom would have chosen regardless of other games in the market, even though they could have done something different. That in the developer's minds, this was the proper evolution of the series.

Top Bottom