• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 Contains On-Disc DLC [update: Actually just unlockable content]

• Thread starter Queen of Hunting
  • Start date
Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Tucked away in the retail disc’s code are a No Hope difficulty setting (Pro is the hardest difficulty setting in the standard game), plus extra taunts, costumes and melee attacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8fFq7YmfZI&! ( No Hope difficulty )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE1UGY5OK6I& ( Costumes +melee )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxEu70UuX04& ( Taunts )

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-13049-Resident-Evil-6-Contains-On-Disc-DLC.html

CAPCPOM never changes

jimi_dini

You don't say.

Capcpom - how could you?????

LRIiqm.jpg

Uh aren't we through arguing about this stuff in 2012?

And nobody should be arguing about the content they got for 60 bucks in RE6. The game has a ridiculous amount.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
This isn't DLC, but unlocks you get from RE.NET with RE points you earn by playing the game... It's DLC in the sense you unlock it from outside means, but it doesn't cost you any money.

Also the taunts aren't DLC, that video is from a NeoGAF member who was just doing an show of all the taunts in the game. In fact, all of these videos are from a GAF member and werep osted ages ago in the RE6 topic.

Z3M0G

This isn't DLC, but unlocks you get from RE.NET with RE points you earn by playing the game... It's DLC in the sense you unlock it from outside means, but it doesn't cost you any money.

Also the taunts aren't DLC, that video is from a NeoGAF member who was just doing an show of all the taunts in the game.

/thread over?

News Bot

Banned

Also the taunts aren't DLC, that video is from a NeoGAF member who was just doing an show of all the taunts in the game. In fact, all of these videos are from a GAF member and werep osted ages ago in the RE6 topic.

Can't be said enough, but I'm sure it won't stop most from jumping the gun in order to ride the bandwagon.

Is the problem really that the DLC is on the disc? Would you feel better if you'd have to download a few 5MB files to get it?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm going to leave after I clarify this, but...

-The Taunts aren't DLC, or even unlocked. Their available from the get-go.
-The costumes aren't DLC, they are unlocked from ResidentEvil.Net with RE Points (which is points you earn for playing the game and earning medals in-game)
-No Hope Difficulty likely is a future RE.NET award going off the guidebook.

-BLITZ-

Why in the first video every bullet you take hits you to the ground and exactly when you want to reach to him and perform a hit, again you hit the ground and rolls to get back up until another two or three hits and your dead. Its unplayable! On E3 it wasn't like that, doesn't matter the diffcutly, is just script after script if you get hit or shoot.
Can't stand this kind of gameplays.

Glass Rebel

I'm all for shitting on Capcpom but this is really non-news.

Don't kick them while they're down, guys! They just released RE6.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member

thanks for clarifying i saw this on the site and around other sites and thought it was what they said, obviously jumped the gun to fast :p

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME

-The costumes aren't DLC, they are unlocked from ResidentEvil.Net with RE Points (which is points you earn for playing the game and earning medals in-game)

How dare you be reasonable and truthful T____T

Nemesis_

Can't be said enough, but I'm sure it won't stop most from jumping the gun in order to ride the bandwagon.

Seriously, could a mod please do what's right and correct the gross misinformation the OP is spreading and stop fuelling what has become a mindless bandwagon.

pa22word

A higher difficulty being DLC is pretty low.

Ha, Capcom has charged for difficulties before. See: Mega Man 9. It's kinda sad that Capcom seems to pride themselves more on innovations in screwing people over rather than gameplay innovations this generation...

Seriously, could a mod please do what's right and correct the gross misinformation the OP is spreading and stop fuelling what has become a mindless bandwagon.

Even if the information is false the hate is hardly mindless considering Capcom has proven deceitful DLC practices to be the norm for them this generation. The fact that people were willing to believe this as easily as they were paints a bad picture for how poor Capcom's public image is at the moment, and they have no one but themselves to blame for that.

Nemesis_

I feel pretty good about not having bought RE6 right now.

A 30 hour game with four campaigns, four difficulty levels and two post-game unlockable modes with very long legs.

And yet an extra difficulty mode being on-disc DLC (apparently) makes you feel good about not buying it?

Wow.

Sojgat

No Hope difficulty looks awesome, Pro is weaksauce at this point.

Agree with this, it's basically like Uplay rewards stuff (most likely), not paid DLC.

T.O.P

Banned
A 30 hour game with four campaigns, four difficulty levels and two post-game unlockable modes with very long legs.

And yet an extra difficulty mode being on-disc DLC (apparently) makes you feel good about not buying it?

Wow.

that sums it up

Nemesis_

Even if the information is false the hate is hardly mindless considering Capcom has proven deceitful DLC practices to be the norm for them this generation. The fact that people were willing to believe this as easily as they were paints a bad picture for how poor Capcom's public image is at the moment, and they have no one but themselves to blame for that.

I think you're right, in some aspects.

But so many people have just read the thread title, come in here writing LOL CAPCOMOMCO and then just left.

The hate that Resident Evil 6 gets here is astounding, and ever since those ridiculously low reviews were published so many more people saw this as confirmation.

Yet if you venture into the OT you'll find a large majority who really love the game while another group hated it at first but it grew on them.

I just think this game is an easy target and these MINOR DLC ITEMS are such a non-issue to be discussing.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Wow.

People are trying really hard to deliberately hate this game for some reason.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So, the thread title is bullshit...or legit?

Bullshit. These are (Free) unlockables that are awarded via RE.net points that you earn for playing the game. They're not DLC, and they're certainly not paid items.

Please note the highlighted points, since that seems to be the most common misconception in this topic so far.

Top Bottom