• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 day-one patch breaks PSN copies

Xav

UhnK9.png

DR2K

Banned
Well at least you can sell. . . or retu. . . or exchan. . . 10gb on the PSN store. . . holy shit. Basically wait a few more days for the game you preordered to play on day 1.

test_account

XP-39C²
LOL that sucks especially in places like the EU where digital is more expensive than retail.
Price isnt an issue here though. You dont have to buy the game again to download it a 2nd time. It only sucks most for those who have download limit and/or bad speeds from PSN.

Jawmuncher

Price isnt an issue here though. You dont have to buy the game again to download it a 2nd time. It only sucks most for those who have download limit and/or bad speeds from PSN.

My whole thing here is wht are you bothering with DD if you have either of those 2 problems.

Claymores

Banned

Price is an issue, when your paying over the odds you want a better service than they're getting.

test_account

XP-39C²
My whole thing here is wht are you bothering with DD if you have either of those 2 problems.
Good point. Although i guess it depends on how much the download limit is. If your download limit is 20GB, you would use that at once now due to a double download. If there was only one download, you'd still have 10GB left for the rest of the month, which could be enough. I have no idea if anyone has this problem that bought RE6 though.

Price is an issue, when your paying over the odds you want a better service than they're getting.
I see what you mean. But i assume that most people buy DD for the convenience of not having to switch discs.

Steroyd

I'd sure as hell be annoyed if I paid £48 for something where you can get it for £35-£40 damn near everywhere else, and it actually works.

test_account

XP-39C²
I'd sure as hell be annoyed if I paid £48 for something where you can get it for £35-£40 damn near everywhere else, and it actually works.
I can see that. I guess it depends on how much problem people have with redownloading it. If i was in the situation and had bad download speed from PSN, i would be more annoyed with the redownload and not think that much about the price, because i know after redownloading it, i'd get what i initially payed for.

The first full game that I purchase digitally, and I can't even install it. The install stops at 14%, then an error message pops up. It's done this 2 times already; now I'm trying to download it for the 3rd time. My PS3 Slim does this off and on for almost every download. : /

Nibel

The first full game that I purchase digitally, and I can't even install it. The install stops at 14%, then an error message pops up. It's done this 2 times already; now I'm trying to download it for the 3rd time. My PS3 Slim does this off and on for almost every download. : /

This fucking sucks :/
And we all know how fast PSN is

test_account

XP-39C²
Have you tried to rebuild the database?

This fucking sucks :/
And we all know how fast PSN is
Yep, it is fast for some and not so fast for others. The results variates from person to person.

Steroyd

I can see that. I guess it depends on how much problem people have with redownloading it. If i was in the situation and had bad download speed from PSN, i would be more annoyed with the redownload and not think that much about the price, because i know after redownloading it, i'd get what i initially payed for.

Except you don't, this re-downloading solution stops you from playing online, and the stat tracking is disabled, until they can come up with a proper fix.

It's complete joke.

test_account

XP-39C²
Except you don't, this re-downloading solution stops you from playing online, and the stat tracking is disabled, until they can come up with a proper fix.

It's complete joke.
How so? They removed the patch or fixed it?

EDIT: It says in the Playstation Europe Twitter message that it is fixed.

Steroyd

How so? They removed the patch or fixed it?

They "removed" the patch prompt by making the PSN version of RE6 not go online.

OP said:
But anyone using this workaround will be left unable to play online with others.
"Please note, however, these people won't be able to play against disc owners on a temporary basis," Capcom added. "We are working with SCEE (Sony) to fix this issue and a patch is imminent to fix the issue."

They haven't fixed squat yet.

test_account

XP-39C²
They "removed" the patch prompt by making the PSN version of RE6 not go online.
Does this apply for the PSN version only or disc based too? I thought the patching was the same regardless of which version you had, disc or digital download.

They haven't fixed squat yet.
Not sure what they mean with fixed, but this is what the Twitter message says:

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/253427773132124160

I wonder why they can fix it through a new patch however.

Have you tried to rebuild the database?

No, haven't tried that yet. Someone was telling me it could be a router problem too; not sure how that works.

Yep, it is fast for some and not so fast for others. The results variates from person to person.
I have a 35MB connection, but I think PSN tops out at around 14 on average for me.
Edit- Sorry, screwed this post up using my phone.

Steroyd

Does this apply for the PSN version only or disc based too? I thought the patching was the same regardless.

PSN version only.

I thought the digitally downloaded version of the same retail game were the exact same code, but sometimes, you can't use the same game save you had for the disc based version of a game for the digital copy, I'm assuming there's a similar slight difference here to.

Not sure what they mean with fixed, but this is what the Twitter message says:

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/253427773132124160

I wonder why they can fix it through a new patch however.

They probably meant fix as in getting the game to actually boot up lol.

test_account

XP-39C²

I have a 35MB connection, but I think PSN tops out at around 14 on average for me.
Edit- Sorry, screwed this post up using my phone.
That is Megabit right? I always read MB as MegaByte :)

No problem. I'm not sure if rebuilding the database will help anything, i've only done it one time myself. I dont think it can hurt the PS3 either in any way, but maybe best to read up on it before doing it, just to be on the safe side :)

antitrop

10gb download on Steam is a drop in the bucket.

10gb download on my PS3 I would be worried about the thing overheating from being on so long. Their speeds suck.

test_account

XP-39C²
PSN version only.

I thought the digitally downloaded version of the same retail game were the exact same code, but sometimes, you can't use the same game save you had for the disc based version of a game for the digital copy, I'm assuming there's a similar slight difference here to.
I see. Yeah, there is probably some small difference, like Infamous 2 will say "Infamous 2 (digital)" or something in the friends list. The disc version doesnt say that. I always assumed that the patching was universal because you get prompted with the same patches. But maybe there is a system that differenciate it depending on which version you have.

They probably meant fix as in getting the game to actually boot up lol.
If you cant play online, then that can suck indeed. Hopefully they get a new and working patch up as fast as possible :)

Like this is the first game to have day one online problems.

Although apparently the 10 GB download takes ages.

Took me 4 hours approximately.

But yes, did anyone try to remove the game data (which basically removes post-launch updates and dlc?)

LuchaShaq

Banned
With the game file being 10gb and PSN being as slow as it is most of the time, "just re-install the game" isn't as easy a fix as this guy thinks it is.

Based on previous psn speeds a 10gb download would literally take 20 hours for me.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The patch resulted in corrupting my game data (not save data) during the end of Chris' second chapter. I had to delete the update and redo my last checkpoint (so I had to a difficult segment again).

It's on disc btw.

Top Bottom