• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 day-one patch breaks PSN copies

see5harp

Just reinstall? That's the dumbest fix ever if something is 10GB. To be honest, they should make language packs optional.

All of the news that I have seen concerning this issue has come from European sources. Does the day-one patch also break NA PSN downloads, or is the problem limited to EU?

RE5 didn't have problems like this when it was launched, did it?

Say what you want about RE5, at least it was technically solid and polished (then again, it was made in four or so years...)

RE6 was doomed either the day Conan O'Brien got his hands on it or the day a giraffe received a blowjob.

It's been pretty much doom n' gloom since the first Brosplosion trailer

...I just wanted to use the word "Brosplosion" again :(

Eurocult

All of the news that I have seen concerning this issue has come from European sources. Does the day-one patch also break NA PSN downloads, or is the problem limited to EU?

I was wondering the same thing. I can't play it until the weekend and I wanted to go digital

EekTheKat

My US digital copy downloaded pretty much day 1 seems fine (day 1 patched) . Least I'm able to host and people have joined my games so far. The article says it affects pre-orders which AFAIK was never offered in the US.

Stats did seem to update properly, though RE.net seems to be down right now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Capcom's doing them a favor, they should be glad Capcom is looking out for them in helping them find better quality games.

How About No said:
RE5 didn't have problems like this when it was launched, did it?

How about No? But it wasn't digital released day one either.

Coxy

Wyoag.png

theDeeDubs

Still have no clue what is up with some people's PSN speeds. Didn't take long at all for me to download this with 6m/s dsl last night even with netflix going.

NA here so it seems fine.

Eurocult

My US digital copy downloaded pretty much day 1 seems fine (day 1 patched) . Least I'm able to host and people have joined my games so far. The article says it affects pre-orders which AFAIK was never offered in the US.

Stats did seem to update properly, though RE.net seems to be down right now.

Thank you. Just what I needed to know.

I realize it's pretty easy to bash Capcom & RE 6 right now, but the news outlets should have been more clear that this patch is a problem specific to Europe, not North America.

Top Bottom