• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 DEMO VER. Thread: Capcom's final chance for redemption

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
In a game where a virus makes a giant eyeball spawn on your shoulder (or turns you into a dozens of claws hound), zombies carrying the last item on them as a reminder of when they were human should not be a concern.

I think it's dumb as hell for a zombie to be firing an AR with any sort of accuracy, regardless if it's the last thing they had on them or not. This isn't the "Dawn Of..." series. Dusk Golem quieted my concerns, since he's played it and knows more than I.

I think it's dumb as hell for a zombie to be firing an AR with any sort of accuracy, regardless if it's the last thing they had on them or not. This isn't the "Dawn Of..." series. Dusk Golem quieted my concerns, since he's played it and knows more than I.

I thought they said that they were just shooting randomly? Like being turned into a zombie with your finger on the trigger and pressing it just as a natural reaction?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

I knew there was a video of them around as well, but found it. Unfortunately I don't know if there are any good videos of them anywhere, but this demonstrates what I mean well enough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPQwVjlF-u8&feature=player_detailpage#t=167s

I also didn't know if you got close to a zombie with a gun it would toss it at you as it does in the video. I tried it from a distance so I wouldn't run the risk of being shot. XD;

Mr_Zombie

In a game where a virus makes a giant eyeball spawn on your shoulder (or turns you into a dozens of claws hound), zombies carrying the last item on them as a reminder of when they were human should not be a concern.

I'm not complaining about armored zombies. I'm just stating a fact. :p

However, I could live without armed enemies in a Resident Evil game. I understand that Majini, Gonados and J'avo are really the logical step in the B.O.W. war, they are nothing more than an enhanced soldiers that are easily to control, but I would prefer actual monsters instead of human-like creatures wielding guns.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I knew there was a video of them around as well, but found it. Unfortunately I don't know if there are any good videos of them anywhere, but this demonstrates what I mean well enough:

I also didn't know if you got close to a zombie with a gun it would toss it at you as it does in the video. I tried it from a distance so I wouldn't run the risk of being shot. XD;

That's extra hilarious.

ErikB

Banned
However, I could live without armed enemies in a Resident Evil game. I understand that Majini, Gonados and J'avo are really the logical step in the B.O.W. war, they are nothing more than an enhanced soldiers that are easily to control, but I would prefer actual monsters instead of human-like creatures wielding guns.

I never really warmed up to RE4 not being shooting zombies in small town America. But now with RE5 being in Africa and RE6 being seemingly in a lot of place, I find I really enjoy they have moved things on.

Yuterald

I've said absolutely nothing hyperbolic, I'm deadly serious when I say this game wouldn't get a second look if Resident Evil wasn't attached to it. Games like Vanquish and Binary Domain were made with pretty small budgets while this game has 600 fucking people working on it and it's far worse than either of those two games based on the content in the demo. Look I can give jank a free pass if I can buy what the game is selling, shit I play games from Eastern Europe for crying out loud. But the RE6 demo is just stupendously awful on every front. The Chris section is indefensible trash in my mind, it's seriously Act 3 of MGS4 terrible except Act 3 of MGS4 didn't run at an awful framerate. It really is the ultimate stereotype of what an out-of-touch Japanese developer thinks appeals to the Western enthusiast gamer, it's just so depressingly calculated in its design. There's isn't an ounce of passion to be found in the Chris section.

The most palatable section is Leon's part as it resembles a more familiar Resident Evil environment, however that lack of passion is on display again. Wow, I died in this section; maybe if I shoot the zombie corpses that reanimate after I walk past this area...oh wait you can't do that because Capcom wants me to see their trite ACTION SET PIECE horseshit before making zombies killable. The new melee attack system is dumb considering I don't think anyone bitched about RE4 or RE5's melee system which had a nice risk/reward dynamic to it but I guess the Chris punching boulders part in RE5 resonated the most with focus groups so they did away with it in favor of the shit we have in RE6. The controls are clunky and not in the RE4/RE5 conscious development decision kind of clunky but in a we're stuck between Gears Of War and RE5 kind of clunky. Seeing Leon's herky jerky animations compared to the nice ones in RE4 is simultaneously sad and hilarious. Also what the fuck is up with the gamma in this game, I can't see shit. Of course the pièce de résistance of this buffet of shit is the most awful car QTE sequence since the Bourne game that came out in like 2007, I honestly feel bad for the poor coder who wasted hours of his life putting work into that abomination. Oh and how fucking convenient was it that after Leon so deftly crashes the car both him and Helena both survive without a scratch AND they land next to an open manhole?! I played about two minutes of the Jake section and inbetween the massive framerate drops and general crumminess of the gameplay I realized I was wasting my time.

And the story stuff in the demo is insipid garbage. We have the intro to Chris' section where he vomits dumb platitudes about sticking together with your team which is followed by the scared rookie who likely dies later in the game when he jumps on a zombie grenade to save Chris or something. Then we have Leon who has killed literally 1000s of zombies thinking he can reason with the zombie president and then gleefully runs through a metal detector thus leading us into another action set piece because we were all so damn bored before then. I *like* the basic foundation of the Resident Evil lore in that I like stuff about shady organizations doing unethical shit which is what made RE1-3 so compelling but News Bot's continued insistence how stupid localization people RUINED the Resident Evil lore is delusional. The fact that a potentially suspect translation completely changed Chris Redfield's personality when Resident Evil protagonists more closely resemble action figures with pull-strings then actual characters is simply hilarious.

So basically this demo sucks and literally everything I've seen of RE6 suggests that it's going to be an absolutely miserable experience to anyone but the hardest of the hardcore RE fans. I'm 95% confident that it'll turn out this way, but I've gotta leave that 5% in there in case Capcom has just been intentionally putting out awful demos and media to lower our expectations.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I completely agree.

PowderedToast

I've said absolutely nothing hyperbolic, I'm deadly serious when I say this game wouldn't get a second look if Resident Evil wasn't attached to it. Games like Vanquish and Binary Domain were made with pretty small budgets while this game has 600 fucking people working on it and it's far worse than either of those two games based on the content in the demo. Look I can give jank a free pass if I can buy what the game is selling, shit I play games from Eastern Europe for crying out loud. But the RE6 demo is just stupendously awful on every front. The Chris section is indefensible trash in my mind, it's seriously Act 3 of MGS4 terrible except Act 3 of MGS4 didn't run at an awful framerate. It really is the ultimate stereotype of what an out-of-touch Japanese developer thinks appeals to the Western enthusiast gamer, it's just so depressingly calculated in its design. There's isn't an ounce of passion to be found in the Chris section.

The most palatable section is Leon's part as it resembles a more familiar Resident Evil environment, however that lack of passion is on display again. Wow, I died in this section; maybe if I shoot the zombie corpses that reanimate after I walk past this area...oh wait you can't do that because Capcom wants me to see their trite ACTION SET PIECE horseshit before making zombies killable. The new melee attack system is dumb considering I don't think anyone bitched about RE4 or RE5's melee system which had a nice risk/reward dynamic to it but I guess the Chris punching boulders part in RE5 resonated the most with focus groups so they did away with it in favor of the shit we have in RE6. The controls are clunky and not in the RE4/RE5 conscious development decision kind of clunky but in a we're stuck between Gears Of War and RE5 kind of clunky. Seeing Leon's herky jerky animations compared to the nice ones in RE4 is simultaneously sad and hilarious. Also what the fuck is up with the gamma in this game, I can't see shit. Of course the pièce de résistance of this buffet of shit is the most awful car QTE sequence since the Bourne game that came out in like 2007, I honestly feel bad for the poor coder who wasted hours of his life putting work into that abomination. Oh and how fucking convenient was it that after Leon so deftly crashes the car both him and Helena both survive without a scratch AND they land next to an open manhole?! I played about two minutes of the Jake section and inbetween the massive framerate drops and general crumminess of the gameplay I realized I was wasting my time.

And the story stuff in the demo is insipid garbage. We have the intro to Chris' section where he vomits dumb platitudes about sticking together with your team which is followed by the scared rookie who likely dies later in the game when he jumps on a zombie grenade to save Chris or something. Then we have Leon who has killed literally 1000s of zombies thinking he can reason with the zombie president and then gleefully runs through a metal detector thus leading us into another action set piece because we were all so damn bored before then. I *like* the basic foundation of the Resident Evil lore in that I like stuff about shady organizations doing unethical shit which is what made RE1-3 so compelling but News Bot's continued insistence how stupid localization people RUINED the Resident Evil lore is delusional. The fact that a potentially suspect translation completely changed Chris Redfield's personality when Resident Evil protagonists more closely resemble action figures with pull-strings then actual characters is simply hilarious.

So basically this demo sucks and literally everything I've seen of RE6 suggests that it's going to be an absolutely miserable experience to anyone but the hardest of the hardcore RE fans. I'm 95% confident that it'll turn out this way, but I've gotta leave that 5% in there in case Capcom has just been intentionally putting out awful demos and media to lower our expectations.

it's fun

I agree, if this game did not have the name resident evil in it you would see it do 500k and be called a flop just like a bunch of other great but did not catch on titles over the last 2 years or so.

To quote two and a half men:

"you're like an Alzheimer's victim in a whore-house. You're constantly surprised when you've been screwed... and you don't want to pay for it!"

Resident Evil has always been stupid in many regards. We just didn't rationalize stuff as much as we do today in videogames... because the gap between reality and videogames was so wide that it was pointless to apply real life logic.

News Bot

Banned
"He's no zombie..."

-Leon S. Kennedy. 5 seconds after gunning down a Spaniard tending to a fire who spoke to him and tried to hack him to death with a hatchet.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
"He's no zombie..."

-Leon S. Kennedy. 5 seconds after gunning down a Spaniard tending to a fire who spoke to him and tried to hack him to death with a hatchet.

Also after fighting the first majini in RE5, Chris says, "They don't move like any zombies I've ever seen."

sublimit

Banned
So for the people who already have the game and checked the credits...can you confirm that this game was developed 100% in-house from Capcom Japan?Could it be possible for Capcom to hide this information from the credits?

I don't know but after playing all the demos it wouldn't surprise me at all if that Spark Unlimited rumour ended up being true.

kunonabi

To quote two and a half men:

"you're like an Alzheimer's victim in a whore-house. You're constantly surprised when you've been screwed... and you don't want to pay for it!"

Resident Evil has always been stupid in many regards. We just didn't rationalize stuff as much as we do today in videogames... because the gap between reality and videogames was so wide that it was pointless to apply real life logic.

The problem is the fact that it turned into a different kind of "stupid"

Early games were low budget B-movie cheese through the eyes of the Japanese. It still felt like it maintained some sense of reality despite zombie outbreaks and unrealistic puzzles.

As soon as Claire started pulling off john woo moves in CV it went into an entirely different direction.

If you can't see the difference between RE1 Wesker who was just out to screw Umbrella and make a bunch of cash and RE5 Wesker creating a new world or whatever I don't know what to tell you. Marcus from RE0 wasn't much better with his awful jrpg design and the inanity of the leeches and the second mansion. That's why I like Outbreak so much. Normal people dealing with an incredibly screwed situation with a focus on the individuals. Everybody in the main series now are borderline superheroes. I seriously wanted to punch something when Ada used a pair of flashbang sunglasses like she was James Bond in RE4.

Honestly the story isn't my major gripe since I find the gameplay changes much more irritating. RE6 is seriously looking like just another corridor shooter and that is off little interest to me.

Yuterald

I know what I'm about to say is beating a dead horse and it's been said a million times, but I'll say it again anyway.
God, why am I still reading and participating in this thread!?

No one tried to rationalize stuff in video games back then because they were simply video games. No one was trying to make (or could even make) big budget Hollywood blockbuster titles with actors and actresses, motion capture, and all that other shit that goes into making "AAA" games today. The silliness or lack of "logic" is only amplified, however, because a lot of these "AAA" games are striving to be more realistic and life-like (whether that's through its graphics/visuals, motion capture, scripts, etc.).

Take those Uncharted games, for example. In Uncharted 2 there's a set piece where the helicopter fires hails of ammunition at you while you jungle-gym across falling platforms. Sure, it looks "AMAZING" because the graphics are ridiculous and the scenario is out of control, but wouldn't a helicopter fucking shred you to pieces in real life? The whole thing is completely whatever-feeling, but for most people, it's a spectacle nonetheless because it's a visual orgasm (although it puts me to sleep, to be perfectly honest).

Anyway, back on topic. Sure, Resident Evil has always been silly or "stupid", but it's only heightened now because of its budget and the focus on being one of the "big boys". To News Bot and Ilnadmy, I get what you're trying to say. You're saying that RE4&5 are both victims too of Black Flames point about Leon's reactions in RE6. So, what's the big deal, right? Well, here's the problem/difference, RE4 (I won't defend 5) had incredible stage/level design, great pacing, amazing boss battles, superb controls and handle, etc. and that is yet to be seen in RE6. The realistic inconsistencies are only a small portion of what's wrong. Does no one see the bigger picture here? Yeah, I get it, no one here has played the final version so we're all assuming (for the worst in my case) and speculating.

My point is (and I'm assuming Red Blaster feels the same way) is that two demos have been presented to the public that have been awful representations of the game. Personally, I've been gaming for 20+ years and it's safe to say that very little surprises me anymore. I think at this point you just KNOW how something will turn out, you know what I mean? I'll just leave it at that.

EDIT: Oh, and Mercs mode does look fun and some of my issues with the game (enemy reactions, hit detections) seem to at least LOOK better, but I haven't played it yet so who knows. Plus, it's fucking MERCENARIES. If Capcom messed up oneof their best unlock/bonus modes then surely hell would have frozen over. One unlockable mode that has ALWAYS been a highlight doesn't make all the other garbage look any prettier.

Kinyou

You know what's the best part about Mercenaries?

No partner.

Xellos

So for the people who already have the game and checked the credits...can you confirm that this game was developed 100% in-house from Capcom Japan?Could it be possible for Capcom to hide this information from the credits?

I don't know but after playing all the demos it wouldn't surprise me at all if that Spark Unlimited rumour ended up being true.

I'm wondering this as well. Not specifically Spark, but it wouldn't be surprising to see that an outside developer had a major role in the development of this game. It just feels so sloppy compared to all the other Capcom developed games this gen. Also, and this may be tin-foil hat territory, but has it been discussed that the MT Framework logo does not appear with all the other logos before either demo?

kunonabi

You know what's the best part about Mercenaries?

No partner.

I wouldn't mind having a partner if they didn't just stick with you the whole time. If it was more like RE0 or Outbreak where you had to spend a considerable hitting different objects and helping each other out I'd probably like it. I still don't why Revelations thought it was necessary to stick you with an a.i. partner that does mostly nothing. co-op was raid mode only which made it even dumber.

CREMSteve

Finally played the demo.

What a steaming pile of cow dung! What the hell has happened to Capcom's flagship franchise? The controls and camera are woeful, the GUI is abysmal, the aiming reticule is IMPOSSIBLE to see, the AI are idiots, zombies (what little there are of them) run instead of slowly shamble towards you, they shoot guns, it's easier to melee them with a finisher move than to shoot them in the head... it's all so horribly un-fun, I don't know what else to say.

There are three scenarios, one with Leon, one with Chris, and one with some other new dude. Leon's plays the most like old-school RE, it's dark, tight corridors, they try for some jump scares... and fail miserably. Ammo is constantly wasted because A) you cannot see the aiming reticule for the life of you and B) zombies are superhuman baddies that can take many shots to the head, but if you melee them, they go down instantly. It's ridiculous.

Chris' scenario is like Call of Duty-lite, with horrible gunplay stemming from the fact that you can now run while shooting. To compensate for this, baddies (I'm not calling them zombies, because they sure as hell aren't that) move faster, are agile, carry heavy weaponry and attack like a group of armed militants.

The third scenario, starring Sherry Birkin and some super kung-fu guy, plays out in some city streets at night, with enemies that hurl projectile attacks at you from every side, so you're constantly being hit from behind, knocked to the ground and just plain getting raped by an army of mutant "things". Eventually I decided that this wasn't very fun, so I just ran through them all and left my partner to catch up, soon making my way to a gate, having left all of the enemies behind, I sat there waiting for my partner to catch up. I kept calling him, he'd respond with "I'll on my way, I'll be right there", and for like 2 minutes I sat at that door alone. Eventually I went back and there he was stuck outside a door, getting destroyed by enemies, but completely seemingly impervious to their attacks. Just standing there, waiting for me to open a facking door for him.

Oh, and speaking of impervious, when you go down for the count, your partner can wave what appears to be a flask of liquor (or maybe it's a credit card, who the hell knows, it looks stupid is all I know) and tada, you're back in the action. The only way to know if you're hurt, is to leave the abomination of a HUD on screen at all times, which takes up one quarter of the screen, and because of the over the shoulder camera angle the game employs, basically makes seeing anything but HUD an annoying challenge. ANd because the HUD is so busy, it's difficult to look at it quickly to see what it's trying to tell you.

Want to stick to a wall to peek around a corner? Well, enjoy, because as soon as you un-stick, the camera angle will change from whatever shoulder it was on before you did. Why? For no real reason other than to piss you off, apparently.

And don't even get me started on the QTE driving a car. Why not just give me facking control of it, or make it a cutscene I can sit back and enjoy? OMG a zombie is coming on my roof, I better roll the car! My years of government training sure did come in handy!

I own every RE game ever made. I even enjoyed RE5. But this pile of crap will not be getting my money.

So I wonder how many of you will actually buy the game after writing it off based on the demo

My guesstimate is in the 90 percentile range.

ErikB

Banned
the aiming reticule is IMPOSSIBLE to see

Want to stick to a wall to peek around a corner? Well, enjoy, because as soon as you un-stick, the camera angle will change from whatever shoulder it was on before you did. Why? For no real reason other than to piss you off, apparently.

Did you turn off the fixed crosshairs? If you did, turn them back on again. You can now see where you are aiming (and it might help to know that when you start aiming, the laser dot is always right in the middle of the crosshairs, and then starts to wonder off after a bit or when you shoot). With cover, by default it should use whichever shoulder you were using last in cover - so if you peak around a wall to the left, the camera will stay on your left shoulder when you leave cover. If you don't want this, there is an option to set it to remember which shoulder you were using before you went in to cover, but really you are going to have to learn to use both shoulders so I suggest trying to get used to it.

In general though, know that you can get used to all this. What seems awkward and confusing now is actually an entirely functional and actually pretty clever system when you get the hang of it. But there is a lot to learn before you become one with the controls.

News Bot

Banned
the aiming reticule is IMPOSSIBLE to see

Switch to the laser sight, and generally play around with the camera and aiming speeds. A big trend in this thread is people realizing the game is pretty good once you get beyond the initially jarring controls and camera, then it becomes quite great.

zombies (what little there are of them) run instead of slowly shamble towards you, they shoot guns, it's easier to melee them with a finisher move than to shoot them in the head... it's all so horribly un-fun, I don't know what else to say.

1) The Zombies in Leon's campaign are not the same as the Zombies in previous games.
2) The "Zombies" in Chris's campaign are not Zombies at all.

Chris' scenario is like Call of Duty-lite, with horrible gunplay stemming from the fact that you can now run while shooting. To compensate for this, baddies (I'm not calling them zombies, because they sure as hell aren't that) move faster, are agile, carry heavy weaponry and attack like a group of armed militants.

We knew literally from the day the game was announced that Chris was always going to be very action-orientated. It's kinda trite seeing people complain about it now. You also can't run while shooting, you can walk, and blame everyone that said Dead Space was superior to 5 (basically, GAF). The enemies in that part also aren't Zombies, they are J'avo. And they attack like a group of armed militants because that's exactly what they are.

The third scenario, starring Sherry Birkin and some super kung-fu guy, plays out in some city streets at night, with enemies that hurl projectile attacks at you from every side, so you're constantly being hit from behind, knocked to the ground and just plain getting raped by an army of mutant "things". Eventually I decided that this wasn't very fun, so I just ran through them all and left my partner to catch up, soon making my way to a gate, having left all of the enemies behind, I sat there waiting for my partner to catch up. I kept calling him, he'd respond with "I'll on my way, I'll be right there", and for like 2 minutes I sat at that door alone. Eventually I went back and there he was stuck outside a door, getting destroyed by enemies, but completely seemingly impervious to their attacks. Just standing there, waiting for me to open a facking door for him.

The theme of Jake's campaign is "pursuit". You aren't meant to linger around that area. You are meant to bolt through it, and the enemies are obstacles. That area in particular overloads on the Strelats enemies to discourage you from focusing on killing. So many people in this thread stop to fight them thinking it's a Mercenaries stage when the objective is to get out of there.

Oh, and speaking of impervious, when you go down for the count, your partner can wave what appears to be a flask of liquor (or maybe it's a credit card, who the hell knows, it looks stupid is all I know) and tada, you're back in the action. The only way to know if you're hurt, is to leave the abomination of a HUD on screen at all times, which takes up one quarter of the screen, and because of the over the shoulder camera angle the game employs, basically makes seeing anything but HUD an annoying challenge. ANd because the HUD is so busy, it's difficult to look at it quickly to see what it's trying to tell you.

1) The full game has a Lone Wolf skill that allows you to stop the AI from helping you.
2) It's a box of tablets.
3) How is it suddenly worse than the magic spray in 5?
4) You can use L2/LB to bring the HUD up briefly to check health.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I'm playing through Umbrella Chronicles and it's REALLY making me want to replay REmake. Too bad I have to wait until Christmas when I can pick up my GC games from back home.

News Bot

Banned
Man, I'm playing through Umbrella Chronicles and it's REALLY making me want to replay REmake. Too bad I have to wait until Christmas when I can pick up my GC games from back home.

I caved in and bought the Chronicles HD Selection and Revival Selection (CVX, 4) a few days ago. Should keep me occupied until 6. And also; so beautiful.

lantus

So I wonder how many of you will actually buy the game after writing it off based on the demo

I have my concerns after playing the demo, but I'm certainly not writing off the game entirely until I play the whole thing. The sequences they chose for us to play in the demo were pretty poor IMO, but I'm hoping some adjustments were made in the final game. And hey, my expectations are considerably lower after playing the demo, so I could be in for some pleasant surprises.

Lucent

Note to self: Avoid OT.....Talk in co-op thread......

I'll go in both, but I'll spend more time in latter. There's only so much "Hey I just wanted to let you know I hated the game and I will argue with you even though you love the game and there's no way I could persuade you to hate it, too."

not sure if serious. just because its called RE doesnt mean it is an RE game.

ok

I'm gonna do a leap of faith on this game. Pre ordered without playing the demo.

0193_wlqq6.gif

News Bot

Banned
ok

I'm gonna do a leap of faith on this game. Pre ordered without playing the demo.

You'd honestly be better off playing the demo to get used to the controls and camera so you have no hurdles to go through in the game itself. They are quite jarring the first time. Most people in this thread got put off by the initial first impression.

You'd honestly be better off playing the demo to get used to the controls and camera so you have no hurdles to go through in the game itself. They are quite jarring the first time. Most people in this thread got put off by the initial first impression.

Is it that radically different from 4/5?

CREMSteve

Switch to the laser sight, and generally play around with the camera and aiming speeds. A big trend in this thread is people realizing the game is pretty good once you get beyond the initially jarring controls and camera, then it becomes quite great.

1) The Zombies in Leon's campaign are not the same as the Zombies in previous games.
2) The "Zombies" in Chris's campaign are not Zombies at all.

We knew literally from the day the game was announced that Chris was always going to be very action-orientated. It's kinda trite seeing people complain about it now. You also can't run while shooting, you can walk, and blame everyone that said Dead Space was superior to 5 (basically, GAF). The enemies in that part also aren't Zombies, they are J'avo. And they attack like a group of armed militants because that's exactly what they are.

The theme of Jake's campaign is "pursuit". You aren't meant to linger around that area. You are meant to bolt through it, and the enemies are obstacles. That area in particular overloads on the Strelats enemies to discourage you from focusing on killing. So many people in this thread stop to fight them thinking it's a Mercenaries stage when the objective is to get out of there.

1) The full game has a Lone Wolf skill that allows you to stop the AI from helping you.
2) It's a box of tablets.
3) How is it suddenly worse than the magic spray in 5?
4) You can use L2/LB to bring the HUD up briefly to check health.

Good to know camera and control tweaks are worthwhile, I didn't mess around in there much other than seeing different colours of reticules available, didn't help me much. I am colour blind though, so that probably doesn't help matters. Never had an issue in previous games though, so the effect was jarring.

I know the different variations of enemies, I guess my biggest beef is I don't see the need. We all want zombies, just give us zombies.

The point of Jake's level is to run? The game doesn't do a very good job of conveying that aspect, and when I finally did bolt, my AI partner got stuck.

If it's box of tablets, then at least have the decency to program in an animation for feeding me a tablet, not just waving your hands in front of my face. At least with a spray, hands waving would have sufficed.

I'm not trying to be a troll here, I'm one of the biggest RE fans around, love the series as whole, even a fan of the flicks for the most part for some of the fan service they tend to deliver. But playing this simply wasn't fun. I'll give it another try with some of the tweaks you mentioned and see if it improves.

Thanks

kunonabi

I won't be. My brother is getting it and forcing me to play co-op with him. I've agreed to it only because of Eiichiro Sasaki's involvement. He has enough goodwill built up from Outbreak that I'm willing to suffer through Chris and Jake's campaigns.

bumpkin

Holy screen tearing, Batman! Is it just as bad in the PS3 version? I haven't really been following much of the chatter about technical performance on one versus the other.

def sim

I went ahead and pre-ordered from the Microsoft store. The odds of me getting the game within the week are slim, but I can't argue with free MS points.

If they handle it like Borderlands 2, the packages should be shipped off on the first of October with one day air.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

It may not look like it, but at the very least it feels radically different. You might want to give it a shot because it's divisive. Not everyone who plays a bunch of times ends up liking it. I liked certain parts less the more I played them. I haven't canceled my preorder because I'm an idiot, but I'm keeping my expectations strongly in check. I just hope the full game has positive qualities that simply cannot be captured in a little slice like this demo provides.

SkylineRKR

You can select laser sight from the title screen option menu. Ps3 demo at least has no screen tearing, but the brightness is borked.

News Bot

Banned
Holy screen tearing, Batman! Is it just as bad in the PS3 version? I haven't really been following much of the chatter about technical performance on one versus the other.

There is screen-tearing because it's a YouTube video, the video itself was recorded at 1080p, which is more likely to cause tearing evidently and it was a preview build, apparently even older than the demo.

There is no tearing at all in the public demo, and highly doubtful there is any in the final game.

Yeah, quite a bit. The controls are expanded and almost entirely different, and the camera is now free.

ironcreed

Banned
I'll go in both, but I'll spend more time in latter. There's only so much "Hey I just wanted to let you know I hated the game and I will argue with you even though you love the game and there's no way I could persuade you to hate it, too."

LOL, I hear you. Why linger, act all condescending and argue with people for simply being able to enjoy something that you don't? We get it, you hate the game. Just don't act like everyone else is supposed to as well. I can't for the life of me understand why this seems to bother some folks so much. It just baffles me.

If I wanted to, I could look through some random person's collection and find games that I think are horrible. But I would not feel the need to question why they like it and argue with them for simply liking something I don't. Now sure, go ahead and discuss what you don't like and voice your opinion. Hell, I have even voiced my own criticisms toward the demo. But I have enjoyed it more every time I played it and ultimately know I will dig the game. *shrugs*

Top Bottom