• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 for PS4 & XB1 |OT| Was it always this awesome?

Mr_Zombie

IPlot is honestly quite dumb, there's parts of it I and most like (Jake and Sherry are actually kind of likable characters, Chris and Piers story arc is kind of interesting), but a lot of the other stuff is either dumb, not very important, or just is kind of there. Was one of the game's weaker areas, in my opinion.

RE6 has great characters and relationship between them. The whole story though... it's really the weakest aspect of the game. It's especially hilarious when you realize the whole thing ultimately started with an unresolved sexual tension. :lol

Just picked R3/Asia version. It also come with a steelbook which is released with PS3 version before.

QaDl3pz.jpg

yPgFuKZ.jpg

O6UIgAM.jpg

VYlQhZJ.jpg

IbvxsTD.jpg

yKLuvpa.jpg

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
RE6 has great characters and relationship between them. The whole story though... it's really the weakest aspect of the game. It's especially hilarious when you realize the whole thing ultimately started with an unresolved sexual tension. :lol

The unresolved sexual tension thing is especially hilarious in context of the Resident Evil universe. The motive is dumb, but also hilarious in the context of it being the driving force of a Resident Evil villain.

But a said, I think the best part of RE6's narrative is less the actual plot, which is... Something. But the character moments and interactions are entertaining to watch, at least, and I like the character arcs again for Jake/Sherry and Chris/Piers. (Despite Leon being my favorite RE character, his story is kind of mostly pointless and the less interesting of the main stories, unfortunately).

Can you still do the random thumbs up action? If yes I'm getting it, out yet on PSN Europe store and anyone know how big the download is?

Dragun619

Just picked R3/Asia version. It also come with a steelbook which is released with PS3 version before.

Damn, that's pretty nice.

I'm actually surprised Capcom would even pull out a retail release for each RE# HD Title with it being only $20 and not just release them digital first then retail bundle all of it later.

Good stuff, Capcom. Can't wait to see all three of them on my shelf.

Dusk Golem

Can you still do the random thumbs up action? If yes I'm getting it, out yet on PSN Europe store and anyone know how big the download is?

I don't see any reason they'd remove it, it's in the PC version, along with some other taunts and motions you can do.

NinjaBoiX

With all the love this gets on here I keep thinking maybe I was wrong all this time.

*watches videos linked in thread*

Yeah no, it's just really shit.

Dusk Golem

So, how do you unlock the RE.net stuff in this game? Do you start with it? Assuming no.

I don't think we know yet, I'm guessing it's unlocked maybe at the same time you unlock the EX1 (which you get when you get an A rank with a character in any stage of Mercenaries), but we shall see.

eXistor

Truly thew underappreciated game in the series. It's far removed from what fans want out of RE, but if you're able to distance yourself from that, you'll find a great deep game with great mechanics. After RE5 (which I hated) this was a revelation for me.

I do hope this is the last main game they make like this and I want it to go back to the old style, but if they make spin-offs like this I'd be fine with it.

Would be really cool if you unlocked all the RE.net stuff from No Mercy mode, or it was an S rank reward, or something.

Not that I'm not gonna play it anyway, but more to unlock in mercs and challenging stuff to unlock, not grinding, would be really cool.

Alfredo

Videos of my second and third time playing Mercs No Mercy (man, I can't wait 'til the Xbox One gets background music options so I don't have to give up a fourth of my screen whenever I want custom soundtracks).

https://youtu.be/fsOEYz9nrp0

https://youtu.be/PVPNoUPfvNI

The mode is so overwhelming at first, but really fun! I'm sure I'll have an even better time once I start learning some strategies. I can't believe I missed out on this all these years by not having a gaming PC. :p

60 FPS goes a long way in making the game more enjoyable. I'm even having fun with the campaign. Played it for 3 straight hours. That's a marathon for me these days.

Daximuss

Looking forward to playing this again at 60fps.

Has anyone heard if the upcoming Resident Evil 5 remaster will have tank controls (can't aim while moving) or will they add a new option that allows you to aim while moving?

Kinda muddy. Is it the art style? Dont remember it looking quite like this in 2012.

The fps looks nice though.

Is there a gamma setting to fix this?

Looking forward to playing this again at 60fps.

Has anyone heard if the upcoming Resident Evil 5 remaster will have tank controls (can't aim while moving) or will they add a new option that allows you to aim while moving?

I assume it would, the game is balanced around the fact.

Seik

Banned
I'm going to grab the game during lunch today and play the shit out of it tonight.

While sliding a couple of Pokkén fights when I need a break, of course. :p

It's up in US PSN. It's kind of weird though. I had to search for it on the mobile site, then narrow it down to ps4 and release date newest to oldest. Otherwise it wouldn't show up.

haikira

Anyone know if the multiplayer trophies are still separated from the platinum like the original release?

I'm just curious really, and I'll be buying it regardless for some sweet sweet mercs action.

DOWN

Banned
It's up in US PSN. It's kind of weird though. I had to search for it on the mobile site, then narrow it down to ps4 and release date newest to oldest. Otherwise it wouldn't show up.
Got it. Thanks. Showed up easy for me in search though. Just as the second result with no filtering.

Well i would buy it if I could but I can't access the xbox store or connect to live. I can see friends online and download games from my library though. What the hell is going on?

Jawmuncher

Anyone know if the multiplayer trophies are still separated from the platinum like the original release?

I'm just curious really, and I'll be buying it regardless for some sweet sweet mercs action.

Yep, the DLC trophies don't affect the platinum.

This now shows on Best Buy's site. So those with GCU can buy for store pickup.

Yea but you may want to hurry as both BBs near me only had 4 PS4 copies and 2 XBO copies. I couldn't pass it up for $16 and being able to play on my XBO with some buds in 60fps. This game was the most fun co-op experience I had last gen.

Top Bottom