• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
It's whatever Ada destroyed. Haos, while important to her plan, wasn't her ultimate creation.

Oh? I'm curious, what was her ultimate creation? The C-Virus? I know that Haos was about 70% complete when Chris and Piers fight it, though its lower body was still developing. Its purpose was to reach the surface and rapidly multiply so it could excrete the infection gas across the world, which it could expel at a much faster and condensed rate than the Infector enemies could. The English files at least keep on mentioning that the underwater facility was made for BOW creation, namely as an incubator of Haos, and was their ultimate weapon.

Nemesis_

Oh? I'm curious, what was her ultimate creation? The C-Virus? I know that Haos was about 70% complete when Chris and Piers fight it, though its lower body was still developing. Its purpose was to reach the surface and rapidly multiply so it could excrete the infection gas across the world, which it could expel at a much faster and condensed rate than the Infector enemies could. The English files at least keep on mentioning that the underwater facility was made for BOW creation, namely as an incubator of Haos, and was their ultimate weapon.

COMPLETELY RANDOM, but if you have subtitles on, when you see the computer before the story intersection elevator sequence in Chris V, it says
HAOS RELEASE SIMULATION

News Bot

Banned

Haos is the ultimate weapon due its ability to infect the entire world, but not Carla's "ultimate creation." It's pretty clear in Ada's final scene that her "ultimate creation" is whatever is coming out of the Chrysalid that Ada shoots, which has a male human form judging from its hands. Exactly what it actually is is unknown. My personal guess? It's Carla's take on the "new human species" plot thread that Birkin, Spencer and Wesker subscribed too. I find it hard to believe that all she wanted was destruction, it seems as though she merely wanted to destroy the world Simmons loved and then rebuild a new one herself.

If you're familiar with actual mythology surrounding Chaos/Haos, it makes quite a bit of sense.

Dusk Golem

COMPLETELY RANDOM, but if you have subtitles on, when you see the computer before the story intersection elevator sequence in Chris V, it says
HAOS RELEASE SIMULATION

That makes sense with the files. They make mention in the files that 'Plan D' was that if their leader, Ada Wong *coughCarla* was to ever die, to immediately release Haos. There's a file that mentions for the human scientists to evacuate the underwater facility and escape to one of the designated 'safety zones' and leave the base to the J'Avo housed there. Haos is said to be at 70% or so completion when Plan D gets set into motion after Carla dies, but was developed far along enough that this wouldn't interfere with the plan to infect the entire world.

I think I'll just quote the files from RE.NET:

Underwater Facility
Neo-Umbrella's deep-sea research facility was built so the group could have a secret location to create B.O.W.s.

Teams of scientists extracted magma from below the ocean floor to find bacteria and microbes that could thrive in such extreme conditions, and then added their traits to the C-Virus to give life to powerful B.O.W.s.

Where Neo-Umbrella found the financial backing to construct such an august facility remains unknown.

Below is a memo written by a researcher from that deep-sea facility.
---
It's been a week since my orders brought me here. Who would have thought a structure like this could exist this far underwater? And the only reason they built it was for creating and containing Haos. Just one big, expensive incubator. I hope it was worth it.

Haos
Haos is a gigantic B.O.W. and the ultimate weapon created by Neo-Umbrella at its underwater facility.

The creature has translucent skin, making humanoid bone structures and internal organs visible to the naked eye. In addition, there are also gas producing organs that secrete a gas that turns humans into zombies. This gas is thousands of times more concentrated than Lepotitsa's, and its potential infection radius is just as exponentially wide.

Should it ever reach the surface, it would follow its programming and continue to divide and multiply. In only a few days these Haos creatures would contaminate the entire planet. In the event of Neo-Umbrella leader Ada Wong's death, the Haos creature would still be released. However, depending on when that occurs, there is the possibility that the creature could be released at an incomplete stage of its development.

As it so happened, Ada indeed died before the creature could reach its full form, and it was awakened and released according to the programming in the system. Below is a record of this event.
---
23:29
Ada Wong's death confirmed.
Executing Plan D.
Initializing Haos awakening procedures.
Progress of metamorphosis: 70.3%
Lower body still incomplete.
Plan will not be affected.

Dusk Golem

Haos is the ultimate weapon due its ability to infect the entire world, but not Carla's "ultimate creation." It's pretty clear in Ada's final scene that her "ultimate creation" is whatever is coming out of the Chrysalid that Ada shoots, which has a male human form judging from its hands. Exactly what it actually is is unknown. My personal guess? It's Carla's take on the "new human species" plot thread that Birkin, Spencer and Wesker subscribed too. I find it hard to believe that all she wanted was destruction, it seems as though she merely wanted to destroy the world Simmons loved and then rebuild a new one herself.

That's actually probably it, and makes a lot of sense.
Probably accurate too as she makes mention before Chris's final boss she wanted to create a new beginning for the world, with 'him' as her king and the world as their new Garden of Eve. I'm also going to take a swing based on factors that Simmons may have been a base. I mainly say this with the mindset that she was absolutely crazily in love with Simmons at one point and wanted to do anything to please him, but the way Simmons devoted himself to Ada and used her for his own desires made her hate him, thinking of him as a monster. But sort of like how he re-created her to be like Ada, she might of designed the first of her 'master race' to be like Simmons, which might also explain why she chose then to infect the real Simmons (right before the new one was born) and would explain why she refers to it as her king and the likes. Just part of their twisted love I am guessing, or to completely fill out her ideal as she was an incredibly selfish woman.

News Bot

Banned
That's actually probably it, and makes a lot of sense.
Probably accurate too as she makes mention before Chris's final boss she wanted to create a new beginning for the world, with 'him' as her king and the world as their new Garden of Eve. I'm also going to take a swing based on factors that Simmons may have been a base. I mainly say this with the mindset that she was absolutely crazily in love with Simmons at one point and wanted to do anything to please him, but the way Simmons devoted himself to Ada and used her for his own desires made her hate him, thinking of him as a monster. But sort of like how he re-created her to be like Ada, she might of designed the first of her 'master race' to be like Simmons, which might also explain why she chose then to infect the real Simmons (right before the new one was born) and would explain why she refers to it as her king and the likes. Just part of their twisted love I am guessing, or to completely fill out her ideal as she was an incredibly selfish woman.

Yeah, pretty much. Also
"Haos" is the Serbo-Croatian form of "chaos" (like all other B.O.W. names in the game), which in its original Greek meant "vast chasm/void", which is the principle of Chaos in creation myths, the vast void preceding the creation of the universe.

Nemesis_

Isn't there some relevance to the name
Carla Radames
as well? Or did I hear that somewhere and it was some dumb rumour?

Nemesis_

The connection brought up some time ago (to the play "Aida") was stretching it a bit I thought, but possibly.

Ahh yes, that's right.

Thought the character of Radames has a few parallels to the RE6 characters.

The whole FALLING FOR SOMEONE but them not reciprocating part, I guess. Even though it's an obvious reversal from what happens in the play

ALSO, the RE.Net mobile app is terrible, it's not working for me at all :(

RDR0p.png

Dusk Golem

Yeah, pretty much. Also
"Haos" is the Serbo-Croatian form of "chaos" (like all other B.O.W. names in the game), which in its original Greek meant "vast chasm/void", which is the principle of Chaos in creation myths, the vast void preceding the creation of the universe.

A few RE monsters have names based off of mythology, so not very surprising but interesting.
It also makes sense when considering Haos was developed deep in the sea and its function is to arise from its depths and reach the surface to spread the infection. I love little details like that, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

amar212

Okay, I further redeveloped the original RE6 Advanced Control Guide, included many tips found around here and reformatted it for PS3 box-format. I will be doing X360 version soon and upload it too.

Please, feel free to comment or provide with some more details that could make this Guide better. Also, feel free to share with anyone, anywhere.

Thanx to Neiteio, Sojgat, Dark Golem and Xtortionist whose posts contributed to this guide.

direct download: http://www.pdf-archive.com/2012/10/11/resident-evil-6-advanced-controls-guide-ps3-1

Absolutely horribly compressed preview by Imgur™:

Nemesis_

It really is fascinating to see how far they go with naming all their creatures and such.

Should we make an effort to incorporate the fourth campaign chapters, since the actual campaign will soon be available to everyone?

amar212

It really is fascinating to see how far they go with naming all their creatures and such.

Should we make an effort to incorporate the fourth campaign chapters, since the actual campaign will soon be available to everyone?

If you are willing to do provide info, I can include it in no time. I really do not think it will be an actual spoiler, besides, we can always call it Bonus Chapter X.

Nemesis_

I have to head out and buy Dishonored before the stores close (>_>) but if nobody has done it by the time I get home I'll include it :)

Is there an explanation for the network problems on PS3? Haven't heard of any complaints on 360. Is it because MS is running the servers there, or because there are just more people playing the PS3 version (because of Japan)?

Okay, I further redeveloped the original RE6 Advanced Control Guide, included many tips found around here and reformatted it for PS3 box-format. I will be doing X360 version soon and upload it too.

Please, feel free to comment or provide with some more details that could make this Guide better. Also, feel free to share with anyone, anywhere.

Thanx to Neiteio, Sojgat, Dark Golem and Xtortionist whose posts contributed to this guide.

direct download: http://www.pdf-archive.com/2012/10/11/resident-evil-6-advanced-controls-guide-ps3-1

ibaKja2eZAgdOc.gif

Dusk Golem

Love the effort put into the advanced users instruction manual. I know people will complain this isn't explained from Capcom themselves, but I also like seeing fans give wonderful and creative output.

As for a new campaign order... Maybe... You can fit the chapters into the campaign in story-order well enough, but that's not taking gameplay or spoilers into consideration. Ada's campaign I feel is marginally harder than the other campaigns, and of course has a ton of spoilers for the other campaigns.

However, since it is becoming a valid option to be played even from the beginning, it might be worth delving into. Taking a second to not consider gameplay or spoilers at all, Ada's first chapter would be after the 6 month gap but before Leon 1 (
Leon's first chapter even makes reference to the submarine incident
), Ada 2 would take place after Leon 2, her Chapter 3 I would personally place after Jake 4 (but before Leon 4) but it arguably could be put before Jake 4 as well, Ada 4 is obviously after Chris 4, and her finale... Well I want to say otherwise for gameplay reasons and her ending comes first chronologically, but I think it does rest as a final as it delves the most into why.

By the way I think it's Dusk Golem, not Dark Golem.

WRJHL.gif

I wasn't going to say anything as I don't care for credit too much. XD

Thank you! :')

Any take on what Ada meant when she said
"“We are beyond sympathy at this point. We are beyond humanity."
in a disgusted tone?

We need Resident Evil 6-2 to explain that!!!
did anyone else even notice
in Ada's first cutscene she has 'panel' lines covering her body,
Looked like Raiden at the end of MGS4.

Sectus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K5VhWupkfs - A full mercs run with the Agent who's only accessible via modding right now.

did anyone else even notice
in Ada's first cutscene she has 'panel' lines covering her body,
Looked like Raiden at the end of MGS4.

http://www.abload.de/img/2012-10-07_19-05-56mnxz9.jpg (NSFW?)

Those are seams in the texture because it doesn't loop/connect correctly. I'm guessing they made it quickly because it's only visible for a few seconds.

Gbraga

Where can I find all of the creatures' names? I don't know most of them, I think I only know the bosses names and that's because I read it here every time...

Sectus

Is it possible that the Agent has new moves but they won't be added in until the title update?

He's got a unique coup de grace, and his moves looks to be hand picked from other characters. I really doubt there will be any extra done to him. Especially since all the files for him are on the disc.

Jawmuncher

He's got a unique coup de grace, and his moves looks to be hand picked from other characters. I really doubt there will be any extra done to him. Especially since all the files for him are on the disc.
If he's alerady on the disc it makes me wonder why its all locked until the next patch.
I mean free is free, but why wasnt he there day 1. Almost seems like they planned on charging but backed off of it after the shit from SFxT

Turn around

I know right?

Sectus

Turn around

You'd just end up being disappointed :p Her naughty bits have been removed from the texture and the animation set for Ada isn't fully compatible with that model so her boobs become flat.

If he's alerady on the disc it makes me wonder why its all locked until the next patch.
I mean free is free, but why wasnt he there day 1. Almost seems like they planned on charging but backed off of it after the shit from SFxT

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. I don't see any reason why No Hope couldn't have been available day one either. These are the only things which are completely on the disc (although there's a suspicious amount of files for the multiplayer modes and maps too) so they had a reason to try to avoid another SFxT spectacle.

Gbraga

I can see they holding off Ada's partner, it's nice to offer the option to play it in co-op, but maybe they didn't want the reviews to bash on Ada's campaing for letting you play co-op but not beign designed with that in mind or something. If only they knew...

You'd just end up being disappointed :p Her naughty bits have been removed from the texture and the animation set for Ada isn't fully compatible with that model so her boobs become flat.

image.php

Replicant

Question: when you play the game out of the usual campaign order (ie. jumping from Chris Ch1 to Jake ch1), do the items you earn in Chris Ch.1 will stay the same when you eventually revisit Chris Ch.2 after doing Jake Ch.1? Or will I lose all of them and got stuck with basic supplies when I return to Chris Ch.2?

Nemesis_

Question: when you play the game out of the usual campaign order (ie. jumping from Chris Ch1 to Jake ch1), do the items you earn in Chris Ch.1 will stay the same when you eventually revisit Chris Ch.2 after doing Jake Ch.1? Or will I lose all of them and got stuck with basic supplies when I return to Chris Ch.2?

image.php

^_____________________________________________^

As far as I'm aware the saves are tied to characters. So all weapons and ammo are saved for Chris. Likewise, your weapons found as Chris will not carry over to Piers if you choose to play as him.

That's what I found anyway

Gbraga

You'll keep the items, but not in that particular example, since Chris 2 is set before Chris 1.

Replicant

As far as I'm aware the saves are tied to characters. So all weapons and ammo are saved for Chris. Likewise, your weapons found as Chris will not carry over to Piers if you choose to play as him.

Yay!!

You'll keep the items, but not in that particular example, since Chris 2 is set before Chris 1.

T_T

That sucks. Because I always end up running out of ammo by the time Chris has to fight
those group of Napads

danwarb

I haven't looked at the control guides properly yet, but I figured out how to dodge and that there are different melee moves with different weapons.

Dodging leaping zombies, side stepping and managing stamina makes combat instantly more dynamic and better than tank action RE. Still playing co-op Leon, but so far it's a lot of fun.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

Some of those tips were mine, but no one's thanking me. :(

Anyway great job, it looks great!

Neiteio

By the way I think it's Dusk Golem, not Dark Golem.

WRJHL.gif
I laughed WAY too hard at this gif. XD

Btw, tip to anyone emblem-hunting on Chris Ch. 4 -- PLAY AS PIERS. The last one at the end can only be found as him. I'll have to redo that chapter... Not complaining, since it was AWESOME. Probably has one of the scariest segments in recent RE games, too...

Sectus

I laughed WAY too hard at this gif. XD

Btw, tip to anyone emblem-hunting on Chris Ch. 4 -- PLAY AS PIERS. The last one at the end can only be found as him. I'll have to redo that chapter... Not complaining, since it was AWESOME. Probably has one of the scariest segments in recent RE games, too...

I did that yesterday as Chris, and it is actually possible to get as Chris but you need to zoom in and aim exactly where it is (you'll only see like 10 pixels of it).

Neiteio

I did that yesterday as Chris, and it is actually possible to get as Chris but you need to zoom in and aim exactly where it is (you'll only see like 10 pixels of it).
Fuck, I think I saw it too, but then
Ogroman
showed up. Btw, if I go back to get it, I don't have to get the other three if I already got them this go-around, right? I can just run to that part and get the last emblem and finish the chapter?

On another note, as of Chris Ch. 4, I have to say I really like
Carla's character.

Sectus

Ogroman
showed up. Btw, if I go back to get it, I don't have to get the other three if I already got them this go-around, right? I can just run to that part and get the last emblem and finish the chapter?

Carla's character.

Yeah, that's right. By the way, it is safe to quit out just after shooting the emblem. I've done that myself with a few emblems. Although in this case it's so close to the end of the chapter you might as we finish it and get it marked as completed in another difficulty.

Nemesis_

Ogroman

Carla's character.

Her speech
before she died? She really came off as a cunt. LOVE IT

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I would actually recommend against adding Ada's campaign to the chronological list. Her campaign is meant to give more substances to some scenes you see in the main game, so I would suggest playing her campaign afterwards.

Also it is easily the worst of the 4 campaigns, with the majority of the terrible design decisions in this game crammed into her 5 chapters.

Top Bottom