• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Curufinwe

So I played thru my first chapter last night - Chris 1 since I'm following the guide in the OP. I wish the camera was pulled back a little more, but it controlled fine was an enjoyable hour. I did get really low on ammo and items by the end, even though I tried to melee as much as possible and I had the Item Drop skill equipped.

The most disappointing thing was more personal - an accuracy rate of only 49%. One of the reasons I liked RE 4 so much was that you had the time and space to consistently hit with 80% of your shots (90%+ on the Wii). I just prefer that type of slower paced gunplay to what RE 6 seems to be like.

Z3M0G

This thread:

doent.gif

Neiteio

Yeah, that's right. By the way, it is safe to quit out just after shooting the emblem. I've done that myself with a few emblems. Although in this case it's so close to the end of the chapter you might as we finish it and get it marked as completed in another difficulty.
Really? That's great! :)

Her speech
before she died? She really came off as a cunt. LOVE IT
Agreed. And her facial expressions are immaculately animated.

So I played thru my first chapter last night - Chris 1 since I'm following the guide in the OP. I wish the camera was pulled back a little more, but it controlled fine was an enjoyable hour. I did get really low on ammo and items by the end, even though I tried to melee as much as possible and I had the Item Drop skill equipped.

The most disappointing thing was more personal - an accuracy rate of only 49%. One of the reasons I liked RE 4 so much was that you had the time and space to consistently hit with 80% of your shots (90%+ on the Wii). I just prefer that type of slower paced gunplay to what RE 6 seems to be like.
Chris Ch. 1 + 2 are definitely the most hectic chapters in the game. You'll have your breathing room soon enough, though. I think you'll appreciate Leon's campaign (and Jake's, to a degree) for this reason as well. That being said, you can steady your aim with the appropriate skills equipped, but also you'll just naturally get better at shooting under pressure. Good to hear you're focusing on dazing with melee, though -- that's definitely the best option when feasible. Save that ammo! :)

Nemesis_

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned = Moral of RE6's story. :p

I kind of
felt sorry for Carla and her story, but then I remember that she didn't have to be so LOVEY and it might've never happened. Stupid woman and her stupid emotions.

AND SHE IS SELFISH

but for some reason I like her ;_;

Lucent

I really wouldn't wanna be on YOUR TEAM....CHRIIIISSSSSS

Made me a fan of the character tbh

LOL! I haven't gotten to that part yet but...reading that without knowing the context makes it hilarious. Sounds like he didn't pick her for a team or something and she's just mad. Can't wait to see it.

And
yet again, sounds like Chris is getting yelled at again. I remember Wesker being really mad at Chris a lot towards the end of RE5 and him yelling CHRIIIIISSSS at him, too.

GeekyDad

Then, you're probably playing it right. After all, that's usually what makes an RE game the most exciting, that feeling of "will I last 'til the end of this chapter?"

Yeah, RE6, in a lot of ways feels more like a marriage of Onimusha and Godhand than a numbered RE game.

Nemesis_

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned = Moral of RE6's story. :p

LOL! I haven't gotten to that part yet but...reading that without knowing the context makes it hilarious. Sounds like he didn't pick her for a team or something and she's just mad. Can't wait to see it.

And
yet again, sounds like Chris is getting yelled at again. I remember Wesker being really mad at Chris a lot towards the end of RE5 and him yelling CHRIIIIISSSS at him, too.

It's a very
condescending
tone. That scene was brilliant. Chris IV.

Neiteio

It's very interesting seeing a burly dude like Chris on a vendetta against a delicate-looking lady like
Ada/Carla
. Kind of refreshing.

Afrocious

I'm assuming I'll learn more about this
Carla
chick in the last campaign. I have an idea of who she is though.

I just beat the three main ones last night. I'm pretty disappointed in Leon's ultimately. I now see why everyone was shouting about the final boss having so many forms. Jesus. The second form was hilarious and awesome. Never thought I would ever see a
zombie dinosaur
as a creature I would have to defeat.

Jake's final segments were my favorite. Chris' was pretty cool too. The writers could've worked on Leon a little bit more.

Oh? I'm curious, what was her ultimate creation? The C-Virus? I know that Haos was about 70% complete when Chris and Piers fight it, though its lower body was still developing. Its purpose was to reach the surface and rapidly multiply so it could excrete the infection gas across the world, which it could expel at a much faster and condensed rate than the Infector enemies could. The English files at least keep on mentioning that the underwater facility was made for BOW creation, namely as an incubator of Haos, and was their ultimate weapon.

Her ultimate creation is Wesker clones
You hear it first.

Lucent

It's a very
condescending
tone. That scene was brilliant. Chris IV.

Ah. Hmm. Yeah I haven't gotten through a lot of the game yet because I was waiting on my friends to play at first, but waiting on them and/or having a lot of school work to do kind of makes it hard. So I started playing solo, which has been fine so far. I've been doing the chronological order and have done the first two of Chris, then first two of Jake, and started Leon's first chapter. I definitely like this way so far, because the stories by themselves seem too disjointed and short when you're running straight through one campaign.

I did play a little of Jake's 3rd chapter just to see what it was like and
so much white! Somehow it makes it one of the coolest locations I've seen yet in the game. It's really weird. And the J'avo wearing those suits is kind of odd but funny. Makes me imagine everyone in the world being a J'avo. lol. And they still wear those freak'n 3 Ninjas masks. =P And Sherry in the changing room...damn.

Nemesis_

It's very interesting seeing a burly dude like Chris on a vendetta against a delicate-looking lady like
Ada/Carla
. Kind of refreshing.

They kind of did the same thing with (RE5 spoilers)
Resident Evil 5. I felt like Resident Evil 5 did a good job of making Chris look like a huge dumbass though.

Sheva: "I wonder what Excella meant by birthing a new world"
Chris: "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT SHE SAID, SHE"S A TERRORIST LETS GET HER EJfbvwduibv iuwsvbd

Lucent

They kind of did the same thing with (RE5 spoilers)
Resident Evil 5. I felt like Resident Evil 5 did a good job of making Chris look like a huge dumbass though.

Sheva: "I wonder what Excella meant by birthing a new world"
Chris: "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT SHE SAID, SHE"S A TERRORIST LETS GET HER EJfbvwduibv iuwsvbd

LOL! Well I think it's just that Chris
is someone who doesn't really like to dwell on stuff like that. He'd rather be moving and taking action than think about what the enemy is planning to do. He just wants to stop them. I think the only time he needs to think is when he's actually making a plan of attack or something.

Rinoa

On Ada's story
It seemed tacked on all for the excuse of having a clone that confuses everyone. If there were hints of this guy's obsession backstory in previous games I would have tolerated it better.
However, like someone said she's never supposed to be explained fully. She's working for herself and her own goals in the end though.
But somehow always makes time to save Leon or do some sort of good.

you even look like him... lol

That's the voice/face model.
http://instagram.com/p/Qnl9ffunYw/

Bladenic

This game on Professional seems quite a bit more manageable than RE5. Leon's campaign anyway. However the game absolutely refuses to give me green herbs it seems, unless they are those that you can already pick up. Final chapter for Leon professional then I'll start Chris which I imagine will be harder.

And I replayed RE5 up to Chapter 2-2 last night, and I still much prefer it to this game. However, Chris was
A) Way bulkier here. I noticed his arms were toned down in 6 but I didn't realize just how much.
B) WAY dumber. They seem to have went out of their way to make him borderline handicapped mentally in RE5.
C) The VA is so much better in 6. It's good in 5, but maybe he had better things to work with in 6. Although Chris has a much better personal arc in 6.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone have a list of where all the emblems are? I got 40/80 emblems on my first run, so I wanna run through on Amateur and get the rest.

Daigoro

so far the only one of the original 3 Mercs maps i like is Urban Chaos. Steel Beast is ok and Depths seems like a real pain in the ass.

i own Catacombs and from what ive seen Railyard and high Seas both look cooler than the other 2 original maps.

maybe i just need to get used to them. Depths especially is so annoying though.

Nemesis_

Man, Steel Beast is like, the worst map ever. It's clearly designed for the mutliplayer modes they're bringing out with six player compatibility rather than the two player mercs. It's too fucking big.

Does anyone have a list of where all the emblems are? I got 40/80 emblems on my first run, so I wanna run through on Amateur and get the rest.

A quick Google finds this

fneciwdnsincdsncsd

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Steel Beast is like, the worst map ever. It's clearly designed for the mutliplayer modes they're bringing out with six player compatibility rather than the two player mercs. It's too fucking big.

A quick Google finds this

fneciwdnsincdsncsd

Excellent, I could only find the IGN video guides which aren't all that good.

And yeah I have no idea how you're supposed to keep a 150 combo on Steel Beast, that map is retarded.

beastmode

Thanks to those who replied to my playthrough order. I'm going to stick with the OP version, I'd rather the game end on a high note (Leons ending) than be bummed out when it's finished (Jake?)

Really tempted to just start again and play Leon/Chris then Jake just because the jumping around kinda puts me off...but you guys have said that Jakes ending isn't exactly a great one, compared to Leons at least. :/

What do I do...
Leon's ending flows a lot better after Chris 4.

For ending on a high-note I would do Leon 5 -> Jake 5 -> Chris 5. Chronologically it should be Leon 5 -> Chris 5 -> Jake 5.

Bladenic

Leon's ending flows a lot better after Chris 4.

For ending on a high-note I would do Leon 5 -> Jake 5 -> Chris 5. Chronologically it should be Leon 5 -> Chris 5 -> Jake 5.

Haha the OP lists the chronological order the complete opposite of how you listed it, ie Jake > Chris > Leon. The thing is, I don't get why that is, because the cutscenes quite clearly make it your way.

Guess it don't matter much, I did it the OP way and it was fine, though it kind of sucked because I ended with the worst one, instead of the best one.

Ezi0

Managed to get a 141 combo going with default Leon on Urban Chaos (solo). Ran out of time before I could reach 150 :(.

Daigoro

thats pretty damn good. what place did that get you?

i only just manages to get my first S rank on solo using Sherry today on the same map. only had like a 74 combo or something though.

Bladenic

The emblems in Ada's campaign must be hidden ridiculously well, I only found like 1 or 2 a chapter. Though I didn't really try as much as the other campaigns.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
And I replayed RE5 up to Chapter 2-2 last night, and I still much prefer it to this game. However, Chris was
A) Way bulkier here. I noticed his arms were toned down in 6 but I didn't realize just how much.
B) WAY dumber. They seem to have went out of their way to make him borderline handicapped mentally in RE5.
C) The VA is so much better in 6. It's good in 6, but maybe he had better things to work with in 6. Although Chris has a much better personal arc in 6.

I honestly thought Chris's voice acting in this game was great.

"Witness?! SHE'S THE BITCH WHO DID ALL THIS!"

"But captain, your emotional toll is interfering with-"

"Shut up Piers!"

Actor did an awesome job. So much anger.

Chris chapter 5 was one of the most awesome things EVER.

Me: "Up to Sherry/Jake! Yeah!"

First chapter was hor-ri-ble. Seriously, the finale felt like a baaaad N64 game... Why this filler crap?

Ezi0

thats pretty damn good. what place did that get you?

i only just manages to get my first S rank on solo using Sherry today on the same map. only had like a 74 combo or something though.

I think it was around 480. It's probably lower now.

Keep at it. If you can get an S rank there is no reason why you can't get a higher combo.

Bladenic

Chris's VA is consistently awesome. In fact, all of the characters had good voices in 6.

Troy Baker makes Jake.

I agree, RE6 has the best VA of any RE game, however the game transcends that and just has a great cast all around.

And yes, Troy Baker is amazing.

Noi

Soooo, again. Full run for Chris' campaign on Professional. Need a partner to play as Chris. Will be getting the emblems, so I can point those out for ya. Any takers? :(

Edit: Son of a-PS3. Why do I always forget to mention it?

Iresecia

Neo Member
Really wish RE.net stayed up to date. I want to know what Helena's second alt is but I'm 5000 points short on the site and I know I have enough.

Also unrelated, where is the third combo bonus in Urban Chaos? I know the one on the top of the bridge area and the one outside of the map but can't find the last.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I was surprised how much I enjoyed Sherry's character/performance in RE6.

In fact I would be fine with her being a main protagonist again in RE7.... but I think they should give her longer hair in the next iteration. Her healing and character in general was interesting. She was a surprise.

Piers is still my least favorite, but he's not terrible. Jake had some good lines, was well acted, but I really don't like his design. I try to never use the word generic, but I think his look (from the shoulders up) is kinda generic. Helena was alright, but she was the most hokey character in the game... a couple of her moments that were intended to be emotional fell awkwardly flat.

But I enjoyed the whole cast. Especially coming off the demo where I was a little disappointed we had three no-names in the game instead of characters like Jill, Claire, or Rebecca. Or hell even Sheva.

I still would have preferred the older characters, but these new ones weren't as bad as I thought they'd be.

Really wish RE.net stayed up to date. I want to know what Helena's second alt is but I'm 5000 points short on the site and I know I have enough.

Also unrelated, where is the third combo bonus in Urban Chaos? I know the one on the top of the bridge area and the one outside of the map but can't find the last.

Is there a way to post a pic of this when you get it? I'm close to my 3rd unlock, and can't decide if I want Chris' alt or Helena's.

Top Bottom