• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
The only thing about Chris scenario I didnt like is that there werent that many boss battles, or at least memorable ones. Last boss fight was kinda cool though.

EDIT: C-virus was supposed induce plant/insect like mutations since its got elements
of T-Veronica strain
right? But whats up with people becoming zombies in the gas based attacks? A different strain, or a different effect when its not injected directly?

Also whats up with Jake being pissed
off at Chris for killing his dad? Was Wesker that good of a father to him, or just something where he didnt get to know him and now he never will?
I havent played Jake's scenario yet, so maybe i'll get some answers there.

You won't get any answers to that. I assume it's just because
Chris killed his dad, and even though he never knew his dad it was still his dad.

Z3M0G

Worth noting?:

PS3: Online players: 969430, RE.NET registered users: 85850
360: Online players: 617628, RE.NET registered users: 52248

(From RE.NET)

Will 360 really get some DLC first?

RPG

I love the monster designs of this game, but the enemies reminded me way more of the Siren games than Dead Space. It has to do with the humans turning into bugs thing, and some of the enemies in RE6 are very similar to some of Siren's enemies.
I've never played any of the Siren games, but I personally got a strong Parasite Eve vibe from the RE6 monsters.

Noi

Worth noting?:

(From RE.NET)

Money_Hat.jpg

Riposte

I've found on my Professional run the trick to analog QTEs is simply to rotate both sticks in a patient manner. I never panicked and got it just about every single time. Grabs are really brutal though, and they would still end up fucking me up for the most part since you lose damage while breaking free. I like that though.

Yeah, count me in the camp that loves RE4, RE5, Revelations AND RE6, and that finds the lot of them richer for the fact that each is distinctly different while still having something of an action-packed core (Revelations included, as clearing out hundreds of Hunters in Raid will attest!).
I wish every RE from Revelations on would have Ghost Ship in it or added as DLC, could play that forever.

Neiteio

I wish every RE from Revelations on would have Ghost Ship in it or added as DLC, could play that forever.
I would absolutely love that. It took me awhile to find a partner who could help me beat Ghost Ship in Raid, and until I found the optimal path I was sweating bullets through some of the later boss encounters.

On another note:

DEAR CAPCOM:

Release DLC now.

Thanks.

Trigger

Really? I thought
the ladder section was easy. It was the voice sequence
in the first chapter of
Ada's
campaign that was a bitch. I kept getting cornered.

Astral

Really? I thought
the ladder section was easy. It was the voice sequence
in the first chapter of
Ada's
campaign that was a bitch. I kept getting cornered.

It's not that hard once you realize there are
turret panels on the walls that you can shoot.

Trigger

Gosh, I went through the entirety of the game (including
Ada's
campaign) without knowing how to do the quickshot. I'm not sure how I could function without it now.

RPG

Gosh, I went through the entirety of the game (including
Ada's
campaign) without knowing how to do the quickshot. I'm not sure how I could function without it now.

Same here. The only reason I found out about it is the trophy associated w/ Hydra quick shots.

Carbonox

Worth noting?:

(From RE.NET)

Nearly 1.6m online players, nice. I wonder how many buyers don't/haven't touched online yet on top of that.

Game must have sold 2/3m by now, I guess.

Bladenic

Yes indeed. I tell everyone who is on the fence about this game to play it for 4 reasons. Helena's ass, Sherry's ass, Ada's ass, and mercs.

Sherry's ass ain't nothing impressive.

Let's not forget about Leon and Chris's asses now. They handily top Sherry's. Jake and Piers are left out in the cold though.

Neiteio

Finally unlocked Sherry's figure, the alt costume figure is perfect.
I envy the panda in that figure.
Schoolgirl Sherry riding the playground panda that curiously faces upward so that you're riding on its belly instead of its back...

The rare Sherry figure you unlock when you get all the other figures in Jake's campaign ain't too shabby, either.
Her half-naked sneaking outfit from Jake Ch. 3.

Helena is probably the most, erm, babe-like (dat profile, dem pinstripe pants), but she is so serious that when she smiles at the end, it's like her face strains to form something other than her usual bit-lip frown. Her serious face is kind of hot in a domineering way, though!

Also, if you unlock Helena's alt Mercs costume, you also unlock her figure -- go to the normal Helena figure and keep tapping L2 to cycle through different versions of her (not L1 -- that will advance to the next figure). Her Mercs costume figure has her tie blowing upwards for shameless boobage. Ah, Japan.

Bladenic

Quick shot in one thing, but not knowing how to dodge? LOL

To be fair, I didn't find Pro that hard, so imagine Veteran might have been something like a slightly harder RE5 normal.

Trigger

Quick shot in one thing, but not knowing how to dodge? LOL

To be fair, I didn't find Pro that hard, so imagine Veteran might have been something like a slightly harder RE5 normal.

I knew how to shoot things in the face and that was enough! :p

Vet may as well be normal difficulty though. Pretty easy to me.

I envy the panda in that figure.
Schoolgirl Sherry riding the playground panda that curiously faces upward so that you're riding on its belly instead of its back...

The rare Sherry figure you unlock when you get all the other figures in Jake's campaign ain't too shabby, either.
Her half-naked sneaking outfit from Jake Ch. 3.

Helena is probably the most, erm, babe-like (dat profile, dem pinstripe pants), but she is so serious that when she smiles at the end, it's like her face strains to form something other than her usual bit-lip frown. Her serious face is kind of hot in a domineering way, though!

Also, if you unlock Helena's alt Mercs costume, you also unlock her figure -- go to the normal Helena figure and keep tapping L2 to cycle through different versions of her (not L1 -- that will advance to the next figure). Her Mercs costume figure has her tie blowing upwards for shameless boobage. Ah, Japan.

Is Sherry's EX2 figure good? I liked both of Ada's.

I knew how to shoot things in the face and that was enough! :p

Vet may as well be normal difficulty though. Pretty easy to me.

its alot more needed in Mercs imo.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Is Sherry's EX2 figure good? I liked both of Ada's.

I think Sherry has a bit of butterface in the
hospital gown
one... the others are pretty good.

I'm having a hard time finding an emblem in Chris2... getting really tempted to check a guide, even though I hate doing that, so I can progress my professional run already.

Ken

Thats the problem. There is a good game in here, Capcom just wasn't able to pull it out.

I guess, but still it feels unfair to focus on the negatives and the great (IMO) combat system barely gets touched on. But it seems like you didn't like the combat either so I guess that's where we disagree.

I guess, but still it feels unfair to focus on the negatives and the great (IMO) combat system barely gets touched on. But it seems like you didn't like the combat either so I guess that's where we disagree.

I did like the core combat, its just so dragged down by other design flaws.

They never designed any of the levels to take advantage of the combat's strengths.

Ken

I did like the core combat, its just so dragged down by other design flaws.

They never designed any of the levels to take advantage of the combat's strengths.

Yeah, that's where Capcom's biggest mistake was. They made a fun combat system but couldn't design a campaign to show it off well enough. I really hope we can see the combat system somewhere else where it won't be bogged down by the need to meet people's idea of what RE should be.

I think the campaign shows it off better than Mercenaries.

I don't even remember when I ever had to utilize everything about the combat system (the counters, the stagger into melee kill, a lot of rolling and dodging) in the campaign whereas Mercenaries is demanding that I use everything if I want to see a high score. But that's just me.

Top Bottom