• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

On the subject of Jill am I the only one bothered by her never wearing a vest?
BSAA I kind of understand because it was designed to go with Chris' main costume from 5, but when she has it in LIN it bugged me.
STARS everyone(including Rebecca) have bullet proof vests other than Jill.
UC Chris has a vest, Jill just wearing a coat.

just something that always bothered me.

Nemesis_

Also the fact that I have to press a fucking button to climb stairs, even though I could just run up and down them in RE3.

:|

Yeah, it's fairly obvious that REC:VX and RE3 were developed at the same time by different teams.

The "improvements" made with RE3 didn't get a chance to be carried over to it's "sequel".

Yeah, I think the only effect were supposed to be the lighter skin tone and blond hair. And hopefully those weren't permanent...

Maybe they should just kill off Jill. She's boring anyway.

TDx2G.gif

Bladenic

Yeah, it's fairly obvious that REC:VX and RE3 were developed at the same time by different teams.

The "improvements" made with RE3 didn't get a chance to be carried over to it's "sequel".

TDx2G.gif

LOL I like her. But if she were killed off in RE5... Omfg the cult of Jill would have burned Capcom to the ground.

Nemesis_

I never really looked into the fan reaction when they showed her tombstone in that Resident Evil 5 trailer.

....I imagine it would be horrible things

Bladenic

I never really looked into the fan reaction when they showed her tombstone in that Resident Evil 5 trailer.

....I imagine it would be horrible things

I vaguely recall the reactions. They were... not pretty (even though it was obvious they were not gonna kill her off via a trailer...).

Esura

Banned
She certainly seemed fine post-escape

desperate-escape-2.jpg

Yeah, I think the only effect were supposed to be the lighter skin tone and blond hair. And hopefully those weren't permanent...

In those files it states that Wesker was using Jill as a guinea pig for those enhancement drugs and he monitored the side effects of it after prolonged usage and he had her hooked up with that for almost three years I believe and I remember reading something that said Jill went home after RE5 physically and mentally exausted, but I'm not sure where I read it at.

Either way, I don't think Jill is going to be quite the same in a post RE5 game. They should make her a female Wesker....in a sense that those drugs could of left her still physically powerful for some weird reason and she be one of the powerhouses for the forces of good.

Hellix

Unless you're like horrifically bad at the game and waste all your bullets and healing items, but you're given enough of both (again, a thing that contradicts with what everyone says about the old games) to kill everything and then some. I have heard its possible to get stuck easily in CV but I haven't played that one yet.

I almost got stuck at the final boss in CVX.
Alexia likes to eat all my magnum rounds and other bullets. Due to my poor save management and the fact I didn't know I would not regain some weapons, I ended up leaving my grenade launcher and another weapon on Claire. I can't remember exactly the situation, but I left weapons/ammo that I couldn't go back and recover for Chris. Thank god the knife is so overpowered in that game, or I would have had to start all over.

I completed Leon camapign with Helena and
Simmonsaurus Rex
is the worst boss of the game, I just realized it. What a stupid bullet sponge enemy...

TDx2G.gif

Oh look, her nose is almost as big as Jill's.

I love dat nose! (Jill nose...lol)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Jill was beautiful in REmake. She looks bad in everything after that imo.

If we're going full retard in this thread... then I will say that Jill's figure in RE5 is more appealing (and makes sense for the character) than in any previous game, and that she looks (imo) to have the same facial features as REmake.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I kind of wish this series didn't happen in real time... my favorite videogame characters are getting too old.

:(

Bladenic

I just finished Jake's story mode.

Does anyone else think that he and Sherry should of hooked up?

sherryxjakebyelystrifed.jpg

As far as I'm concerned they pretty much did get together. Definitely consider their's a romantic connection. They did go their separate ways but I trust Capcom will bring them together again I hope. Knowing Capcom and this series though...

I did think Jake's age was a bit too young for how much he was supposed to have gone through though, but oh well.

Esura

Banned
A lot of love for Sherry and Ada but oddly enough, not much love for Helena despite being voiced by the master of voicing, Laura Bailey.

Bladenic

So Leon and Helena have no jokes in their campaign? Chris and Piers got the playground, and Jake and Sherry got the piano.

Nope, they are the serious and boring duo of the game. A far cry from what Leon used to be.

A lot of love for Sherry and Ada but oddly enough, not much love for Helena despite being voiced by the master of voicing, Laura Bailey.

Helena's VA is among the best in the game but she's the worst character from the main ones. My opinion but it seems to be a popular opinion.

Shinta

Banned

Yeah, I can't find any good avatars or gifs of her. I actually thought she was amazing. They just kind of skimped on the character development with those two. The other two campaigns show them growing as a team. But maybe that's because Leon's is 6 months shorter than the others.

And yeah, LB is my favorite voice actor/actress, period.

kunonabi

If we're going full retard in this thread... then I will say that Jill's figure in RE5 is more appealing (and makes sense for the character) than in any previous game, and that she looks (imo) to have the same facial features as REmake.

The figure may be appealing but it doesn't fit the character at all and the facial features are not the same. I don't understand how people can defend changing her completely and making her look like yet another generic blonde. She looks far closer to Nina Williams or Fiona(HG) than anything resembling the character from the rest of the series. When I first saw in the teasers I figured it was Sherry. It never once crossed my mind that it would be Jill.

I could stomach Leon's piss poor RE4 characterization but RE5 Jill is just a disgrace through and through.

Neiteio

Helena is a babe and one of the few characters that suffers convincing loss in the game (other than Chris), but she is sooooooooo serious. A solid character in that respect, but a bit less "lovable" than the other two ladies. Her RPD alternate outfit in Mercs kind of gave her some much-needed levity; too bad it's currently not usable in Campaign.

Bladenic

The figure may be appealing but it doesn't fit the character at all and the facial features are not the same. I don't understand how people can defend changing her completely and making her look like yet another generic blonde. She looks far closer to Nina Williams or Fiona(HG) than anything resembling the character from the rest of the series. When I first saw in the teasers I figured it was Sherry. It never once crossed my mind that it would be Jill.

I could stomach Leon's piss poor RE4 characterization but RE5 Jill is just a disgrace through and through.

Um, her personality is the same though... You seem to only be referring to her look.. which again is the same (or rather in line with the rest, given the fact that all the characters look somewhat different with better graphics). Only changed thing is the hair and skin tone (and the suit, well yeah). At least they gave a in game reason for the change to her appearance.

Esura

Banned
Nope, they are the serious and boring duo of the game. A far cry from what Leon used to be.

Helena's VA is among the best in the game but she's the worst character from the main ones. My opinion but it seems to be a popular opinion.

I agree with that opinion. And to the opinion that they are kind of boring compared to the others.

Yeah, I can't find any good avatars or gifs of her. I actually thought she was amazing. They just kind of skimped on the character development with those two. The other two campaigns show them growing as a team. But maybe that's because Leon's is 6 months shorter than the others.

And yeah, LB is my favorite voice actor/actress, period.

I like her design but like you said, it feels like they half assed her a bit. I love her design and I like playing with her but I feel nothing for that character even though Capcom wants me to feel something for that character with
her whole random sister stuff which she could of told Leon, suvivor of the Racoon City Incident, like in the first 10 minutes! Having me journey all over creation for some shit she could of told him 10 minutes into the game. Sucks for all those pedestrians who died in our path.

Nice to see some LB respect. Ironically, many of the characters she voices aren't my #1 favorites of their respective games (except maybe Chun Li) but I just like her voice. Wish she voiced Sherry to be honest.

Bladenic

I agree with that opinion. And to the opinion that they are kind of boring compared to the others.

I like her design but like you said, it feels like they half assed her a bit. I love her design and I like playing with her but I feel nothing for that character even though Capcom wants me to feel something for that character with
her whole random sister stuff which she could of told Leon, suvivor of the Racoon City Incident, like in the first 10 minutes! Having me journey all over creation for some shit she could of told him 10 minutes into the game. Sucks for all those pedestrians who died in our path.

Nice to see some LB respect. Ironically, many of the characters she voices aren't my #1 favorites of their respective games (except maybe Chun Li) but I just like her voice. Wish she voiced Sherry to be honest.

Laura Bailey is a great actress. I was actually really disappointed with her Cheria but I think that was more the whole game's VA direction being lackluster. She killed it here, I actually didn't even know it was her until I saw it on Wikipedia for the game's credits. She did an amazing job as Helena.

Actually thinking about it the whole Leon/Helena dynamic is sort of in character for Leon. Playing RE2 right now and
the ladies always run off without him, tell him what to do, tell him to shut up LOL. Poor guy.
So he's still himself in that regard. And the jokes are still there, just to a much lesser extent than in RE4 (thankfully?).

Helena did grow on me though, but I still consider her the least likable of the main cast.

Jawmuncher

I still wonder why capcom feels the need to add new characters every game.
Mainly because they do a pretty good job of making new charcaters for the franchise.
Yet in the next game people are just going to dissapear like they never existed.

I hope one day they just have a huge RE game where everyone meets up or something.

Esura

Banned
Laura Bailey is a great actress. I was actually really disappointed with her Cheria but I think that was more the whole game's VA direction being lackluster. She killed it here, I actually didn't even know it was her until I saw it on Wikipedia for the game's credits. She did an amazing job as Helena.

I liked Sophie's voice actress in Graces f personally.

I only recognized Helena as Laura Bailey when she started screaming in a certain chapter...I was like, yup, that's her.

EDIT: I never played beyond an hour of RE2 when I was little so I wouldn't know how Leon was in RE2. :p

Top Bottom