• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Neiteio

We don't need that trick in this game, we already have
SCUMBAG LEON with his "WE'RE ALONE, LET US IN"

*Bloodshots approaching*

Or the other fans favorite where he begs people to let him in, and when they do, he lets them all die by unleashing Lepotitsa.

And don't forget "About Ada Wong..."
"Tell me about it"
"No."
Who needs bioweapons when you can send in Leon "Bad Luck to Everyone Around Him" Kennedy?

Gbraga

Who needs bioweapons when you can send in Leon "Bad Luck to Everyone Around Him" Kennedy?

You mean this guy?

ywydW.jpg

Beth Cyra

Ah.

How many Ink Ribbons are in the game?

Alot of them. Also, the thing is Resident Evil 1 and 2 are actually very short games and even if you die it not that big a deal and in some ways will help you out because you will cut out your time and get way better extras at the end.

You will likely not ever really have a problem with Ink Ribbons unless you save at one every time you pass a Typewriter, and this isn't something you want to do.

Esura

Banned
Alot of them. Also, the thing is Resident Evil 1 and 2 are actually very short games and even if you die it not that big a deal and in some ways will help you out because you will cut out your time and get way better extras at the end.

You will likely not ever really have a problem with Ink Ribbons unless you save at one every time you pass a Typewriter, and this isn't something you want to do.

So only save if I'm cutting the game off?

Beth Cyra

Oh. This gonna be difficult. :(

Not really. As I said you get plenty.

A good thing to do is save fairly often early in the game, you will learn the systems, get comfortable and stock up on weapons. After that just spread out the saves and before you know it you will hardly even notice it other then to say "shit, been a while."

Also remember like I said the games are shockingly short. You just tend not to notice on your first time through.

Even if you play an hour or even two, if it's your first time you may very well redo that entire sectoin in no lie 15-20 minutes right afteword because know what you are doing. That was one nice thing about the deaths in the old style games, they are made to be ran through in such a quick manner that you don't lose that much by restarting because you can speed run them so quickly.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
I've finished Jake/
Ada
's scenarios on veteran twice, and Leon/Chris' scenarios on vet three times, and I'm still waiting for this to happen. In fact I'd like to see proof that it does.

I'm totally making it up in order to discredit the developer and make the game seem worse than it really is....

..yup

Esura

Banned
Not really. As I said you get plenty.

A good thing to do is save fairly often early in the game, you will learn the systems, get comfortable and stock up on weapons. After that just spread out the saves and before you know it you will hardly even notice it other then to say "shit, been a while."

Also remember like I said the games are shockingly short. You just tend not to notice on your first time through.

Even if you play an hour or even two, if it's your first time you may very well redo that entire sectoin in no lie 15-20 minutes right afteword because know what you are doing. That was one nice thing about the deaths in the old style games, they are made to be ran through in such a quick manner that you don't lose that much by restarting because you can speed run them so quickly.
Ah, thanks for the tips.

Alrighty, I'll give it a shot. I'll do REmake and 0 first, since they look better. Just got to wait til I get and finish VLR. Don't feel right calling myself a RE fan until I at least attempt to play these older REs again.

Beth Cyra

Ah, thanks for the tips.

Alrighty, I'll give it a shot. I'll do REmake and 0 first, since they look better. Just got to wait til I get and finish VLR. Don't feel right calling myself a RE fan until I at least attempt to play these older REs again.

Can't go wrong with Remake. Also the game can be done in like 2 hours, so that tells you how short it really is and should make it so you don't really need to feel rushed or worried for ink Ribbons.

Just make sure that if you end up loving Remake not to let Zero scare you off of 2. Zero is nice and Billy is a cool character, but the game is really lacking compared to Remake and 2.

Sectus

AMAZING! :O

In earlier test I did something wrong, I had the wrong enemy ID for the Mesets. I just tried their real id and they're like the Rasklapanje: they do work, but they're completely invisible. This might be just specific to Urban Chaos and the enemy types only fully work for the levels they're supposed to be in.

Now as I've identified a bunch of more enemy IDs, I updated the enemy list for the DLC stages. Bear in mind that some of this information could be wrong.

Requiem for War:
-European j'avo
-Bees
-Ogroman

Rooftop Mission:
-Zombie
-Firefighter zombie
-Zombie dog
-Whopper
-Napad

Creature Workshop:
-
Neo-Umbrella
j'avo
-Napad
-Chainsaw boss

Liquid Fire:
-J'avo (not sure which kind)
-Napad
-Meset
-Rasklapanje

As a side note, I wish the university from Leon campaign was a mercenaries map. I think that area could be fun in a mercenaries setting (although they'd have to adjust the layout to make it work better for mercs) and it would give them the opportunity to introduce the best zombie in the game: zombie president.

Bladenic

Can't go wrong with Remake. Also the game can be done in like 2 hours, so that tells you how short it really is and should make it so you don't really need to feel rushed or worried for ink Ribbons.

Just make sure that if you end up loving Remake not to let Zero scare you off of 2. Zero is nice and Billy is a cool character, but the game is really lacking compared to Remake and 2.

Yeah, REmake is an amazing game. I couldn't didn't play past the arrival to the training facility in Zero because I was already bored... I'll try to go back though, at some point.

Neiteio

In earlier test I did something wrong, I had the wrong enemy ID for the Mesets. I just tried their real id and they're like the Rasklapanje: they do work, but they're completely invisible. This might be just specific to Urban Chaos and the enemy types only fully work for the levels they're supposed to be in.

Now as I've identified a bunch of more enemy IDs, I updated the enemy list for the DLC stages. Bear in mind that some of this information could be wrong.

Requiem for War:
-European j'avo
-Bees
-Ogroman

Rooftop Mission:
-Zombie
-Firefighter zombie
-Zombie dog
-Whopper
-Napad

Creature Workshop:
-
Neo-Umbrella
j'avo
-Napad
-Chainsaw boss

Liquid Fire:
-J'avo (not sure which kind)
-Napad
-Meset
-Rasklapanje
Thanks for the updated list. :) So it seems clear to you that Mesets and Rasklapanje will appear in Liquid Fire, huh? If it's based on the final arena from Jake Ch. 5, there would be quite a bit of open air for the Mesets to fly around. :)

As a side note, I wish the university from Leon campaign was a mercenaries map. I think that area could be fun in a mercenaries setting (although they'd have to adjust the layout to make it work better for mercs) and it would give them the opportunity to introduce the best zombie in the game: zombie president.
The college, the cemetery outside the cathedral, and the Chinese mansion would all make excellent Mercs maps. Still, not complaining about the ones we seem to be getting. :)

And hell yeah, Zombie President would be fantastic!

Lucent

Lots of glitches was all I noticed. Every time there is an impact in a cutscene the game will freeze for a second. The gameplay~cutscene and cutscene~gameplay transition is also glitchy.

Do you mean after the patch was applied or before? I didn't notice any real problems before the patch.

Gbraga

As much as I love BSAA Jill, I want blonde Jill on crack as DLC, it would be much more interesting gameplaywise with this game's melee.

And PLEASE WESKER!

Do you mean after the patch was applied or before? I didn't notice any real problems before the patch.

After, I finished the game and got to Leon's Chapter 5 on a second run on co-op pre-patch with no problem, after the patch I did the Chapter 5 on co-op and glitches everywhere.

Mercs is still fine though.

Lucent

You'd want Finn over Barry, Wesker, Billy, Rebecca, Sheva, Josh, CLAIRE, Carlos, Krauser, HUNK, Chief BRIAN IRONS, etc.?

Okay.

lol I was poke'n fun at the Finn name with this pic.

Of course I wouldn't want Adventure Time Finn in the game. Well, unless he acted like he did in the show and didn't mean we'd have to sacrifice any other RE characters coming in. Though Chief Irons? Yeah I'd def take AT Finn over him. He wasn't very important. =/

Anyway, won't continue talking about Adventure Time in here. lol

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
I'm not saying you are. I'm saying I need to see it.

How about I tell you the places it happened to me so you can recreate the situation?

***spoilers I guess***

Leon's mission second chapter in the laboratory under the chapel where you have to pull the levers so that the cages come down one by one. The part where you boost up your partner on top of a cage so she can pull a lever on the other side of the room. I was in the middle of fending off the continuous flow of zombies coming out of the grates when the camera switched showing the cages come down then immediately switch again to show two glowing levers you have to pull. During this sequence the enemies stay active and one grabbed me from the ground and commenced to perform inappropriate groping.

Leon's mission third chapter at the door where you use the ring and your jumped by 3 dozen zombies running down the corridor with the lions head that shoots flames. Right when the door finally unlocked I was in the heat of combat and the camera moved away to show the door unlocking. I was literally aiming at an enemies head when the camera changed and when it came back the zombie was on top of me giving me the old Cleavland steamer.

Leon's mission 3rd chapter during one of the several sequences where you and your partner take turns turning cranks to open up gates for each other. During one of the last gates I was fighting off a zombie when my partner activated a camera switch showing that the gate had opened (which I could clearly see from my own viewpoint) and when the camera returned the zombie had jumped on top of me in order to consummate our marriage.

****end spoilers****

Surely you noticed that when these camera switches happen that the enemies don't stop moving and attacking? You can clearly hear them doing so most of the time. Basically the only way to ensure that this doesn't happen is to understand that you are not safe when the camera is forcefully taken away from you, so the safe thing to do is to continually mash dodge until the camera comes back.

This is just bad game design on Capcoms part. Not excuse to put the player in a position where they have to worry about taking damage when they can't even see what's going on.

Bladenic

lol I was poke'n fun at the Finn name with this pic.

Of course I wouldn't want Adventure Time Finn in the game. Well, unless he acted like he did in the show and didn't mean we'd have to sacrifice any other RE characters coming in. Though Chief Irons? Yeah I'd def take AT Finn over him. He wasn't very important. =/

Anyway, won't continue talking about Adventure Time in here. lol

LOL my bad. No idea who that guy is or that he's named Finn, but the way he was standing and his pose kind of looked like a "Come at me bro" pose. Oops.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This needs to be her DLC outfit. Or her BSAA one.

I'd be ok with anything (so long as they don't alter the RE5 model) but we just had BSAA and Battlesuit in RE5, so I could see them going a different route with it.

But they have to put her in the game at least as a merc... it's Jill fer christ's sake!

I would love Battlesuit Jill as long as she doesn't have that weird red thing on her chest.

Just zip up the suit... kinda lame how often they go the extreme cleavage route anyway.

Nemesis_

I don't want Battlesuit Jill. It would be pointless and boring compared to her other costumes which, to me, are really iconic looks for the franchise.

IF they had to do recent Jill - I would hope they would put the time and effort in to at least make her appear superhuman like her appearance in RE5. I would also MUCH RATHER the Plague Doctor outfit than the Battlesuit itself.

As much as I love BSAA Jill, I want blonde Jill on crack as DLC, it would be much more interesting gameplaywise with this game's melee.
Dual wield machine pistols as her loadout.

1. Revelations Jill
2. STARS Jill
3. BSAA Jill
4. Police officer Jill
5. RE3 Jill
6. End of Umbrella

though a female blue themed version of Chris' Edonia costume would be my choice for a costume original to RE6.

kunonabi

I don't want Battlesuit Jill. It would be pointless and boring compared to her other costumes which, to me, are really iconic looks for the franchise.

IF they had to do recent Jill - I would hope they would put the time and effort in to at least make her appear superhuman like her appearance in RE5. I would also MUCH RATHER the Plague Doctor outfit than the Battlesuit itself.

Battlesuit Jill should never make another appearance. It's probably better they just ignore her from here on out. Every incarnation of her post REmake has been terrible.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Loving this game, but the final boss fight of Chris' campaign is driving me crazy. Any tips?

Shoot the two orange pustules on his sides, then when he's in his
cocoon
wail on him to destroy it and reveal his weak form, then run up and melee it. You'll have to do this three times.

Bladenic

Shoot the two orange pustules on his sides, then when he's in his
cocoon
wail on him to destroy it and reveal his weak form, then run up and melee it. You'll have to do this three times.

Just to be clear, you don't melee it. There's a button prompt for an action you can do when you run up.

Esura

Banned
Eww no, I want to see her face.

Unless it's Revelations Jill, in which case hide that shit from the world pronto.

You reeeally hate that Rev Jill huh? lol

I'm down for all the Jills...except the OG one. Too covered up.

Which game is the Jill with the mini skirt and the blue tube top in? Lets get that and the Battlesuit Jill!

And isn't Jill supposed to be crippled after RE5 because of those drugs?

GeekyDad

Jake chapter 3 down. Jake should have been RE6. Everything about the controls and mechanics make sense for the design of his campaign. Granted, the whole game has many Kane & Lynch (shoot a bunch of dudes, move to another room and shoot a bunch more dudes) moments, but there are so many cool segments in Jake's campaign. The story is even more interesting. But the unexpected cheap deaths can go on permanent vacation.

Really fun so far, though. Look forward to seeing what they do with Ada's campaign.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I started playing Code: Veronica X for a little bit (got it with RE6 Archives) and it's kinda fun being in a slower paced RE again. The combat is godawful though. Also who's bright idea was it to make the run button A and the action button X?? I'm so used to running with Square and activating items with X in RE2 and RE3 that this is really throwing me off.

kunonabi

I started playing Code: Veronica X for a little bit (got it with RE6 Archives) and it's kinda fun being in a slower paced RE again. The combat is godawful though. Also who's bright idea was it to make the run button A and the action button X?? I'm so used to running with Square and activating items with X in RE2 and RE3 that this is really throwing me off.

The switched buttons pretty much turned me off CV completely. That and Claire/Steve being the worst duo in the entire franchise. Capcom has actually been doing that with most of the re-releases. RE3 on the DC has the same problem as does the REmake and Zero for the Wii. It really pisses me off since it honestly makes the games unplayable for me. Thankfully the Archives releases have gamecube controller support.

kunonabi

ilndamymyjmyhj are you sure you can't change the controls in the options? I recall being able to do so, for some reason.

Nope. I explicitly remembering checking both CV and RE3 and the proper controls are not available. If we're talking about the DC versions anyway.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
The switched buttons pretty much turned me off CV completely. That and Claire/Steve being the worst duo in the entire franchise. Capcom has actually been doing that with most of the re-releases. RE3 on the DC has the same problem as does the REmake and Zero for the Wii. It really pisses me off since it honestly makes the games unplayable for me. Thankfully the Archives releases have gamecube controller support.

Also the fact that I have to press a fucking button to climb stairs, even though I could just run up and down them in RE3.

:|

Top Bottom